Markesan: Bridge in downtown Markesan
Markesan: A view of downtown Markesan
Markesan: One of many Victorian homes in markesan
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||42.0 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||39.0 years|
Zip codes: 53946.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $19,121 (it was $18,774 in 2000)
Markesan city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $99,887 (it was $79,600 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $120,969; Detached houses: $125,256; Townhouses or other attached units: $86,548; Mobile homes: $34,001
Median gross rent in 2013: $520.
Races in Markesan, WI (2010)
- 1,36292.3%White alone
- 40.3%Two or more races
- 10.07%American Indian alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- Online travel agencies generate most of their revenue in the United States Oct 25
- In Which States are Businesses Most Dependent on International Demand? Oct 22
- The most comfortable places to live in the U.S. Oct 21
- Fast food industry is an enduring American value Oct 19
- A look at the numbers: diabetes in the U.S. Oct 17
Latest news from Markesan, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (44.5%), Irish (7.4%), Dutch (6.4%), United States (5.1%), Polish (5.0%), French (3.9%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated in 1959
Elevation: 847 feet
Land area: 2.36 square miles.
Population density: 605 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Markesan:
- High school or higher: 81.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 9.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.9%
- Unemployed: 4.9%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 19.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Markesan city:
- Never married: 25.1%
- Now married: 46.5%
- Separated: 1.4%
- Widowed: 15.9%
- Divorced: 11.0%
77 residents are foreign born (4.7% Latin America).
According to our research of Wisconsin and other state lists there were 10 registered sex offenders living in Markesan, Wisconsin as of October 27, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Markesan to the number of sex offenders is 146 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $2,202 (2.3%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $2,494 (2.3%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Oshkosh, WI (31.0 miles , pop. 62,916).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Madison, WI (48.2 miles , pop. 208,054).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (145.1 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Mackford, WI (1.7 miles ), Manchester, WI (2.1 miles ), Fairwater, WI (2.5 miles ), Kingston, WI (2.7 miles ), Alto, WI (2.8 miles ), Marquette, WI (2.8 miles) , Metomen, WI (3.0 miles ), Friesland, WI (3.0 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 2 buildings, average cost: $130,000
- 1998: 5 buildings, average cost: $116,600
- 1999: 3 buildings, average cost: $94,700
- 2000: 2 buildings, average cost: $117,500
- 2002: 1 building, cost: $107,000
- 2003: 2 buildings, average cost: $133,300
- 2004: 1 building, cost: $155,000
- 2005: 1 building, cost: $170,000
- 2007: 3 buildings, average cost: $154,300
- 2008: 1 building, cost: $110,000
- 2013: 1 building, cost: $300,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 43.71 N, Longitude: 88.99 W
Area code: 920
|Crime rates in Markesan by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 287.5)||128.6||224.9||83.5||85.9||165.5||132.1||83.3||94.2||107.9||90.4||110.4||122.1||60.1|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Markesan detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.80|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (31%)
- Other services, except public administration (13%)
- Construction (12%)
- Transportation and warehousing (12%)
- Retail trade (7%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (4%)
- Health care and social assistance (19%)
- Manufacturing (16%)
- Retail trade (15%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (10%)
- Finance and insurance (10%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Production occupations (23%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (11%)
- Transportation occupations (11%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (9%)
- Management occupations (7%)
- Sales and related occupations (7%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (31%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (13%)
- Sales and related occupations (10%)
- Production occupations (10%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (9%)
- Healthcare support occupations (5%)
- Management occupations (4%)
Average climate in Markesan, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Markesan-area historical tornado activity is above Wisconsin state average. It is 70% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/18/1996, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 18.4 miles away from the Markesan city center injured 12 people and caused $40 million in damages.
On 4/21/1974, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 8.5 miles away from the city center injured 35 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Markesan-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Wisconsin state average. It is 88% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 367.9 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 155.4 miles away from Markesan center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 342.7 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 366.6 miles away from the city center
On 9/2/1999 at 16:17:29, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 139.1 miles away from Markesan center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 400.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Green Lake County (6) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 4
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 4, Storms: 4, Tornadoes: 2, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Arthur Frank Mathews - Artist.
Hospitals and medical centers in Markesan:
Other hospitals and medical centers near Markesan:
- GOLDEN LIVINGCENTER-CONTINENTAL MANOR OF RANDOLPH (Nursing Home, about 1 miles away; RANDOLPH, WI)
- FMC - RIPON SOUTH (Dialysis Facility, about 12 miles away; RIPON, WI)
- RIPON MEDICAL CENTER (Hospital, about 12 miles away; RIPON, WI)
- SUNNYVIEW HEALTH CARE CTR (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; PRINCETON, WI)
- SUNNYVIEW VILLAGE (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; PRINCETON, WI)
- FOUNTAIN VIEW CARE CTR (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; RIPON, WI)
- PARKVIEW CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; RIPON, WI)
airports located in Markesan:
- Nowatzski Field Airport (13WI) (Runways: 2)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Markesan:
- Marian University (about 29 miles; Fond Du Lac, WI; Full-time enrollment: 2,045)
- Moraine Park Technical College (about 30 miles; Fond du Lac, WI; FT enrollment: 3,079)
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh (about 32 miles; Oshkosh, WI; FT enrollment: 10,637)
- Herzing University-Madison (about 42 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 3,160)
- Madison Area Technical College (about 44 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 9,603)
- Fox Valley Technical College (about 48 miles; Appleton, WI; FT enrollment: 5,682)
- Lawrence University (about 49 miles; Appleton, WI; FT enrollment: 2,821)
Public high school in Markesan:
- MARKESAN HIGH (Students: 211, Location: 100 E VISTA BLVD, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Markesan:
Private elementary/middle school in Markesan:
Notable locations in Markesan: Markesan Wastewater Treatment Facility (A), Southern Green Lake County Ambulance Service (B), Grand River Fire District - Markesan Fire Department (C), Markesan City Government Fire Department (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Markesan: Saint Johns Lutheran Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemetery: Memorial Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attraction: Grand River Valley Museum (214 E John).
Hotel: Lake House Motel (675 North Margaret Street).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 61.6. This is better than average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2013 was 0.179. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 24.8 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 0.469. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 17.7 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 34.4. This is about average. Closest monitor was 23.6 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 13.1. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 24.8 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 7.90. This is about average. Closest monitor was 24.8 miles away from the city center.
(12.8% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 100.0% for Black residents, 35.3% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 100.0% for other race residents)
|This city:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
13 people in other noninstitutional group quarters in 2000
Banks with branches in Markesan (2011 data):
- Markesan State Bank: Margaret Street Branch at 825 North Margaret Street, branch established on 2001/10/01; at 84 N. Bridge Street, branch established on 1891/11/03. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $139.3 mil, Deposits: $118.2 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: Markesan Bancshares, Inc.
- Farmers State Bank: at 86 East Water Street, branch established on 1910/01/20. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $77.1 mil, Deposits: $63.2 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: Fs Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Markesan city (based on Green Lake County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Green Lake County:||3.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Green Lake County:||5.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||14.45 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
|Green Lake County:||26.8%|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Markesan, WI Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||1||$2,474||$29,688||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||3||$10,504||$42,016||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||2||$3,358||$20,148||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||2||$1,108||$6,648||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||2||$1,372||$8,232||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||15||$27,636||$22,109||0||$0|
Markesan government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - General: $53,000 ($37.14)
Regular Highways: $10,000 ($7.01)
- Current Operations - Sewerage: $226,000 ($158.37)
Police Protection: $203,000 ($142.26)
Libraries: $151,000 ($105.82)
Regular Highways: $116,000 ($81.29)
Fire Protection: $102,000 ($71.48)
Water Utilities: $85,000 ($59.57)
General - Other: $68,000 ($47.65)
Financial Administration: $53,000 ($37.14)
Solid Waste Management: $51,000 ($35.74)
Central Staff Services: $43,000 ($30.13)
General Public Buildings: $42,000 ($29.43)
Health Services - Other: $16,000 ($11.21)
Parks & Recreation: $11,000 ($7.71)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $10,000 ($7.01)
Natural Resources - Other: $5,000 ($3.50)
Miscellaneous Commercial Activities, NEC: $5,000 ($3.50)
Judicial and Legal Services: $4,000 ($2.80)
- General - Interest on Debt: $102,000 ($71.48)
- Other Capital Outlay - Police Protection: $8,000 ($5.61)
Central Staff: $2,000 ($1.40)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $555,000 ($388.93)
Markesan government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $248,000 ($173.79)
All Other: $124,000 ($86.90)
Solid Waste Management: $1,000 ($0.70)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $71,000 ($49.75)
Interest Earnings: $41,000 ($28.73)
Rents: $15,000 ($10.51)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $84,000 ($58.86)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $504,000 ($353.19)
Highways: $87,000 ($60.97)
All Other: $21,000 ($14.72)
- Tax - Property: $413,000 ($289.42)
NEC: $19,000 ($13.31)
Markesan government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $2,076,000 ($1454.80)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $1,703,000 ($1193.41)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $230,000 ($161.18)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $143,000 ($100.21)
Markesan government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $2,050,000 ($1436.58)
6.00% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($39,243 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Fond du Lac County, WI||1.18% ($34,591 average AGI)|
|from Winnebago County, WI||0.93% ($45,589)|
|from Waushara County, WI||0.48% ($27,842)|
5.88% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($33,441 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Markesan:
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WRPN (1600 AM; 5 kW; RIPON, WI)
- WHBY (1150 AM; 25 kW; KIMBERLY, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WFDL (1170 AM; daytime; 1 kW; WAUPUN, WI; Owner: RADIO PLUS, INC.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WTSO (1070 AM; 10 kW; MADISON, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WDUX (800 AM; 5 kW; WAUPACA, WI; Owner: LAIRD BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Markesan:
- WPKR (99.5 FM; OMRO, WI; Owner: MIDWEST DIMENSIONS, INC.)
- WBJZ (104.7 FM; BERLIN, WI; Owner: CAXAMBAS CORPORATION)
- WTCX (96.1 FM; RIPON, WI; Owner: RADIO B/C LTD PARTNERSHIP)
- WOLX-FM (94.9 FM; BARABOO, WI; Owner: ENTERCOM MADISON LICENSE, LLC.)
- WXRO (95.3 FM; BEAVER DAM, WI; Owner: GOOD KARMA BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- WFDL-FM (97.7 FM; LOMIRA, WI; Owner: RADIO PLUS OF FOND DU LAC, INC.)
- WDDC (100.1 FM; PORTAGE, WI; Owner: ZOE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTLX (100.5 FM; COLUMBUS, WI; Owner: GOOD KARMA BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- WAUH (102.3 FM; WAUTOMA, WI; Owner: HOMETOWN BROADCASTING LLC)
- WJWD (90.3 FM; MARSHALL, WI; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
TV broadcast stations around Markesan:
- WMMF-TV (Channel 68; FOND DU LAC, WI; Owner: PAPPAS TELECASTING OF WISCONSIN, A CALIFORNIA LTD PARTNRSHP)
- WWRS-TV (Channel 52; MAYVILLE, WI; Owner: NATIONAL MINORITY T.V., INC.)
- WISC-TV (Channel 3; MADISON, WI; Owner: TELEVISION WISCONSIN, INC.)
- WMSN-TV (Channel 47; MADISON, WI; Owner: WMSN LICENSEE, LLC)
Markesan fatal accident list:
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 4Number of bridges
- 5m16ftTotal length
- 6,292Total average daily traffic
- 344Total average daily truck traffic
- 8,590Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Markesan)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:27 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:9 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Markesan, WI)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:3
- KINGSTON, W4260 State Rd 44 (Lat: 43.697583 Lon: -89.091833), Type: Gtower, Structure height: 80.7 m, Overall height: 85.3 m, Call Sign: WQFV632
Assigned Frequencies: 6404.79 MHzGrant Date: 10/16/2006, Expiration Date: 10/16/2016, Certifier: John E RooneyRegistrant: Holland & Knight LLP, 800 17th Street, N.W., Suite #1100, Washington, DC 20006-3906, Phone: (202) 955-3000, Fax: (202) 955-5564, Email:
- MARKESAN, 2274 Tichora Rd. (Lat: 43.713333 Lon: -88.955000), Type: Gtower, Structure height: 55.1 m, Overall height: 59.4 m, Call Sign: WQQT896
Assigned Frequencies: 11525.0 MHzGrant Date: 03/01/2013, Expiration Date: 03/01/2023, Cancellation Date: 12/04/2014, Certifier: Michael P GogginRegistrant: Lake Mobility LLC, 3300 E. Renner Road #b3132, Richardson, TX 75082, Phone: (855) 699-7073, Fax: (972) 907-1131, Email:
- GREEN LAKE, County Hwy B 3 1/2 Mi N (Lat: 43.757778 Lon: -88.970833), Type: Tower, Structure height: 80 m, Overall height: 86.3 m, Call Sign: KSG58
Assigned Frequencies: 6745.00 MHzGrant Date: 11/11/2010, Expiration Date: 01/23/2021Registrant: State Of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53707-7912, Phone: (608) 266-2497, Fax: (608) 267-4495, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:12 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Markesan)
FAA Registered Aircraft:4
- Aircraft: GULFSTREAM AMERICAN CORP AA-5A (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 26880 , Serial Number: AA5A0782, Year manufactured: 1978, Airworthiness Date: 04/17/2009
Registrant (Co-Owned): John I Delong, W2721 Menominee Ct, Markesan, WI 53946, Other Owners: Carolyn A Delong
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-28R-201 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 108 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR IO-360 SER (300 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 31906 , Serial Number: 28R-7837254, Year manufactured: 1978, Airworthiness Date: 05/12/1978
Registrant (Individual): Bobby J Bosveld, W1044 County Road Aw, Markesan, WI 53946
- Aircraft: TAYLORCRAFT DCO-65 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 82 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR A&C65 SERIES (65 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 54751 , Serial Number: 5764, Year manufactured: 1943, Airworthiness Date: 10/07/1964
Registrant (Individual): Donald D Schonasky, 306 W John St, Markesan, WI 53946
- Aircraft: SOCATA TBM 700 (Category: Land, Seats: 7, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: P&W CANADA PT6A66D (850 HP) (Turbo-prop)
N-Number: 916CM , Serial Number: 1080, Year manufactured: 2015, Airworthiness Date: 07/08/2015
Registrant (Corporation): Crm Aviation LLC, 608 Airport Dr, Markesan, WI 53946
Drinking water stations with addresses in Markesan and their reported violations in the past:PRAIRIE LANES REC CENTER (Population served: 90, Groundwater):
Past health violations:VANDYS LAKESIDE PUB INC (Population served: 77, Groundwater):
- MCL, Average - Between JAN-01-2007 and JUL-12-2010, Contaminant: Nitrate-Nitrite. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (SEP-27-2007), St Violation/Reminder Notice (SEP-27-2007), St Public Notif received (SEP-28-2007), St Compliance achieved (JUL-12-2010)
Past monitoring violations:REILLYS PUB (Population served: 50, Groundwater):
- One routine major monitoring violation
- One regular monitoring violation
Past monitoring violations:
- 2 regular monitoring violations
Drinking water stations with addresses in Markesan that have no violations reported:
- TERRACE SHORES CH YOUTH BLDG (Population served: 100, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- TERRACE SHORES EV FREE CH (Population served: 93, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- MILLERS RESORT (Population served: 77, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- SHADY OAKS CMPGD WELL NEAR FRONT GATE (Population served: 70, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- SHADY OAKS CMPGD WELL NEAR MGRS TRAILER (Population served: 70, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- WHITE SAILS SUBDIVISION (Population served: 36, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- MARKESAN CITY OF SOLDIERS & SAILORS PARK (Population served: 25, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
|Most common first names in Markesan, WI among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Markesan, WI among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (79%)
- Electricity (14%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (4%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (2%)
- Wood (1%)
Businesses in Markesan, WI
- Subway: 1
Markesan compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Total of 2 patent applications in 2008-2016.