We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||34.2 years|
|Louisiana median age:||36.4 years|
Zip codes: 71351.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $15,867 (it was $11,546 in 2000)
Marksville city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $118,023 (it was $53,700 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $146,714; Detached houses: $145,860
Median gross rent in 2015: $635.
Races in Marksville, LA (2015)
- 3,04353.9%White alone
- 2,15138.1%Black alone
- 1913.4%Asian alone
- 1101.9%Two or more races
- 1031.8%American Indian alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- The fastest-growing industry sectors in the Northeast are Construction-related Apr 25
- The decline of the U.S. Agriculture industry visualized Apr 23
- The revenues and net sales of Samsonite Apr 21
- Crowfunding is a fast-increasing market Apr 19
- The number of jobs in Construction is falling across the U.S. Apr 17
|6-year old killed by officers (5 replies)|
|How big a difference, culture wise, is Northern Louisiana different from Southern Louisiana? (157 replies)|
|Creole towns in Louisiana? (8 replies)|
|How many people speak Cajun French in La (81 replies)|
|pineville,LA what can you tell me about it? (14 replies)|
|How Liberal / Tolerant is Morgan City, LA (24 replies)|
Latest news from Marksville, LA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: French (25.8%), American (6.8%), French Canadian (5.9%), Irish (5.9%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 82 feet
Land area: 4.08 square miles.
Population density: 1,362 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Marksville:
- High school or higher: 64.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.3%
- Unemployed: 10.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 27.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Marksville city:
- Never married: 37.2%
- Now married: 39.3%
- Separated: 5.4%
- Widowed: 8.1%
- Divorced: 9.9%
228 residents are foreign born (0.9% North America, 0.6% Asia).
According to our research of Louisiana and other state lists there were 89 registered sex offenders living in Marksville, Louisiana as of April 26, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Marksville to the number of sex offenders is 63 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $220 (0.2%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $234 (0.2%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Lafayette, LA (63.2 miles , pop. 110,257).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Baton Rouge, LA (71.9 miles , pop. 227,818).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Houston, TX (219.1 miles , pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: Mansura, LA (2.2 miles ), Hessmer, LA (2.4 miles ), Fifth Ward, LA (2.5 miles ), Moreauville, LA (2.8 miles ), Bordelonville, LA (3.1 miles ), Cottonport, LA (3.1 miles ), Center Point, LA (3.5 miles ), Plaucheville, LA (3.5 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 9 buildings, average cost: $71,900
- 1998: 8 buildings, average cost: $71,900
- 1999: 18 buildings, average cost: $75,000
- 2000: 19 buildings, average cost: $76,200
- 2001: 13 buildings, average cost: $90,600
- 2002: 15 buildings, average cost: $90,600
- 2003: 14 buildings, average cost: $89,200
- 2004: 14 buildings, average cost: $124,000
- 2005: 9 buildings, average cost: $105,700
- 2006: 10 buildings, average cost: $107,700
- 2013: 2 buildings, average cost: $92,500
- 2014: 2 buildings, average cost: $188,900
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 31.13 N, Longitude: 92.07 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,920 (+34.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,053 (54.9%)
Area code: 318
|Crime rates in Marksville by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 278.8)||581.9||459.9||723.0||619.3||720.3||618.5||751.2||595.4||687.0||629.6|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Marksville detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||3.82|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -258 (-4.5%).
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (21%)
- Public administration (12%)
- Health care and social assistance (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Construction (8%)
- Retail trade (7%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (24%)
- Retail trade (21%)
- Educational services (20%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (8%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Other services, except public administration (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (15%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (14%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (9%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (9%)
- Transportation occupations (8%)
- Production occupations (7%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (6%)
- Sales and related occupations (18%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (13%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (10%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (10%)
- Healthcare support occupations (8%)
- Management occupations (7%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (7%)
Average climate in Marksville, Louisiana
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Marksville-area historical tornado activity is near Louisiana state average. It is 67% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 1/31/1983, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 10.6 miles away from the Marksville city center killed one person and injured 2 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 5/20/1983, a category F3 tornado 16.4 miles away from the city center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Marksville-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Louisiana state average. It is 83% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 2/10/2006 at 04:14:22, a magnitude 5.3 (4.2 MB, 5.3 MS, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 254.0 miles away from the city center
On 10/24/1997 at 08:35:17, a magnitude 4.9 (4.8 MB, 4.2 MS, 4.9 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 283.8 miles away from Marksville center
On 9/10/2006 at 14:56:08, a magnitude 5.9 (5.9 MB, 5.5 MS, 5.8 MW, Depth: 8.7 mi) earthquake occurred 471.6 miles away from the city center
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG) earthquake occurred 327.7 miles away from the city center
On 1/21/1982 at 00:33:54, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 279.8 miles away from Marksville center
On 5/4/2001 at 06:42:12, a magnitude 4.7 (4.2 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 282.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Avoyelles Parish (19) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 13
Emergencies Declared: 6
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 9, Hurricanes: 8, Storms: 5, Tornadoes: 3, Drought: 1, Freeze: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Edwin Edwards - Politician, Alvan Lafargue - Physician, Chad Lavalais - 2005 NFL player (Atlanta Falcons, born: Apr 15, 1979), Elaine S. Edwards - Politician, John H. Overton - Politician, Joseph Tabarlet - Businessman, Little Walter - musician, Raymond Laborde - Basketball player, H. Claude Hudson - Financial businessman, Proverb Jacobs - Football player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Marksville:
- AVOYELLES HOSPITAL (Proprietary, provides emergency services, 4231 HIGHWAY 1192)
- HOSPICE CARE OF AVOYELLES PARISH (302 S PRESTON STREET)
- CENTRAL LA HOME HEALTH CARE, LLC (940 WEST BONTEMPT STREET)
- MEDISTAR HOME HEALTH OF MARKSVILLE (599 TUNICA DRIVE WEST)
- COLONIAL NURSING HOME (426 NORTH WASHINGTON STREET)
- VALLEY VIEW HEALTH CARE (7119 HIGHWAY 1 SOUTH)
Airports and heliports located in Marksville:
- Marksville Municipal Airport (MKV) (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 2,200, Local Ops: 8,100)
- Avoyelles Hospital Heliport (LS67)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Marksville:
- Acadiana Technical College-Lafayette Campus (about 63 miles; Lafayette, LA; Full-time enrollment: 2,378)
- South Louisiana Community College (about 63 miles; Lafayette, LA; FT enrollment: 2,519)
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette (about 64 miles; Lafayette, LA; FT enrollment: 14,493)
- Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College (about 66 miles; Baton Rouge, LA; FT enrollment: 27,321)
- Southern University and A & M College (about 67 miles; Baton Rouge, LA; FT enrollment: 5,837)
- Baton Rouge Community College (about 73 miles; Baton Rouge, LA; FT enrollment: 5,744)
- Northwestern State University of Louisiana (about 75 miles; Natchitoches, LA; FT enrollment: 7,700)
Public high school in Marksville:
- MARKSVILLE HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 885, Location: 407 WEST BON TEMPT STREET, Grades: 7-12)
Public elementary/middle school in Marksville:
- MARKSVILLE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 773, Location: 430 WEST WADDIL STREET, Grades: PK-6)
Notable locations in Marksville: Marksville Volunteer Fire Department (A), Avoyelles Parish Courthouse (B), Avoyelles Parish Jail (C), Colonial Nursing Home (D), Marksville City Hall (E), Marksville Public Library (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Marksville: Holy Ghost Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Cushman Cemetery (1), Saint Joseph Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attractions: Tunica Biloxi Museum (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 171 Melancon Road), Avoyelles Commission of Tourism (208 South Main Street).
Hotels: Casino Golf Cabins (6860 Highway 1), Paragon Casino Resort (711 Paragon Place), Terrace Inn Motel (915 Tunica Drive West), Deluxe Inn (221 South Preston Street), Ranch House Motel (5406 Highway 1).
Courts: Avoyelles Parish - District Attorney (417 North Main Street), Tunica Biloxi Tribal Court (133 Melancon Road), Marksville City Court - Criminal Division (427 North Washington Street), Marksville City - City Court (427 North Washington Street), Avoyelles Parish - Clerk of Court (312 North Main Street), Marksville City Court - Judges Office- Civil Division (427 North Washington Street).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 84.6. This is about average.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 10.5. This is about average. Closest monitor was 20.7 miles away from the city center.
(28.6% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 34.5% for Black residents, 100.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 100.0% for other race residents, 52.2% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
People in group quarters in Marksville in 2010:
- 416 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 77 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 31 people in residential treatment centers for adults
- 14 people in group homes intended for adults
People in group quarters in Marksville in 2000:
- 185 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 95 people in nursing homes
- 18 people in homes or halfway houses for drug/alcohol abuse
Banks with branches in Marksville (2011 data):
- The Union Bank: at 305 North Main Street, Www.Union-Bank.com Branch, Tunica Branch. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $228.4 mil, Deposits: $197.0 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 10 total offices, Holding Company: Union Bancshares, Incorporated
- Cottonport Bank: Cen-La Branch at 105 North Main Street, branch established on 1963/01/19; The Cottonport Armored Service, L.L.c. at 129 South Main Street, branch established on 1999/10/08. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $336.7 mil, Deposits: $298.0 mil, headquarters in Cottonport, LA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 12 total offices, Holding Company: Mansura Bancshares, Inc.
- Red River Bank: Marksville Banking Center Branch at 447 East Tunica Drive, branch established on 2008/01/14. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $989.5 mil, Deposits: $872.1 mil, headquarters in Alexandria, LA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 16 total offices, Holding Company: Red River Bancshares, Inc.
- Capital One, National Association: Marksville Branch at 345 East Tunica, branch established on 1993/11/08. Info updated 2011/07/01: Bank assets: $133,477.8 mil, Deposits: $97,063.7 mil, headquarters in Mclean, VA, positive income, 984 total offices, Holding Company: Capital One Financial Corporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Marksville city (based on Avoyelles Parish data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Avoyelles Parish:||3.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|Louisiana:||2.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|Avoyelles Parish:||1.42 / 10,000 pop.|
|Louisiana:||1.29 / 10,000 pop.|
|Avoyelles Parish:||5.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||4.27 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.92 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Marksville, LA Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||1||$3,120||$37,440||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||20||$58,992||$35,395||0||$0|
|Police - Other||6||$11,652||$23,304||1||$904|
|Streets and Highways||13||$19,896||$18,366||11||$10,496|
|Totals for Government||67||$159,206||$28,515||14||$12,538|
Marksville government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Sewerage: $575,000 ($103.55)
Housing & Community Development: $380,000 ($68.43)
Regular Highways: $68,000 ($12.25)
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $821,000 ($147.85)
Housing & Community Development: $741,000 ($133.44)
Sewerage: $545,000 ($98.15)
Regular Highways: $513,000 ($92.38)
Water Utilities: $498,000 ($89.68)
Fire Protection: $239,000 ($43.04)
Central Staff Services: $183,000 ($32.96)
Judicial and Legal Services: $134,000 ($24.13)
Financial Administration: $86,000 ($15.49)
Parks & Recreation: $48,000 ($8.64)
General - Other: $17,000 ($3.06)
Health Services - Other: $6,000 ($1.08)
- General - Interest on Debt: $182,000 ($32.78)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - Housing & Community Development: $18,000 ($3.24)
Air Transportation: $4,000 ($0.72)
- Other Capital Outlay - Police Protection: $115,000 ($20.71)
Fire Protection: $9,000 ($1.62)
Judicial: $5,000 ($0.90)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $1,592,000 ($286.69)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $51,000 ($9.18)
Marksville government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $438,000 ($78.88)
Housing & Community Development: $198,000 ($35.66)
All Other: $10,000 ($1.80)
Solid Waste Management: $0 ($0.00)
- Federal Intergovernmental - Housing & Community Development: $614,000 ($110.57)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $139,000 ($25.03)
Interest Earnings: $100,000 ($18.01)
Property Sale Other: $1,000 ($0.18)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $521,000 ($93.82)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $137,000 ($24.67)
All Other: $116,000 ($20.89)
Highways: $8,000 ($1.44)
- Tax - Total General Sales: $1,917,000 ($345.22)
Property: $222,000 ($39.98)
NEC: $214,000 ($38.54)
Public Utilities: $174,000 ($31.33)
Alcoholic Beverage Sales: $23,000 ($4.14)
Marksville government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $1,029,000 ($185.31)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $3,856,000 ($694.40)
- Long Term Debt Issue, Unspecified - Other NEC: $800,000 ($144.07)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $2,472,000 ($445.16)
Full Faith & Credit - Water Utilities: $286,000 ($51.50)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $1,115,000 ($200.79)
Water Utilities: $575,000 ($103.55)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $1,069,000 ($192.51)
Water Utilities: $168,000 ($30.25)
Marksville government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Bond Fund - Cash & Deposits: $149,000 ($26.83)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $1,686,000 ($303.62)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $1,029,000 ($185.31)
3.58% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($33,994 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Rapides Parish, LA||0.91% ($31,476 average AGI)|
|from East Baton Rouge Parish, LA||0.26% ($29,750)|
|from Pointe Coupee Parish, LA||0.18% ($24,708)|
4.40% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($28,134 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Marksville:
- KJMJ (580 AM; 5 kW; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: RADIO MARIA, INC.)
- KWDF (840 AM; daytime; 8 kW; BALL, LA; Owner: BALL BROADCASTING CO.)
- KEEL (710 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WSJC (810 AM; 50 kW; MAGEE, MS; Owner: FAMILY TALK RADIO)
- WWL (870 AM; 50 kW; NEW ORLEANS, LA; Owner: ENTERCOM NEW ORLEANS LICENSE, LLC)
- KTTP (1110 AM; daytime; 2 kW; PINEVILLE, LA; Owner: PEOPLES BROADCAST NETWORK LLC)
- WJNT (1180 AM; 50 kW; PEARL, MS; Owner: BUCHANAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WLNO (1060 AM; 50 kW; NEW ORLEANS, LA; Owner: COMMUNICOM CO. OF LOUISIANA, L.P.)
- WOMN (1110 AM; daytime; 30 kW; FRANKLINTON, LA; Owner: PITTMAN BROADCASTING SERVICES, LLC.)
- KDYS (1520 AM; 10 kW; LAFAYETTE, LA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KWKH (1130 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KTRH (740 AM; 50 kW; HOUSTON, TX; Owner: AMFM TEXAS LICENSES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WSKR (1210 AM; 10 kW; DENHAM SPRINGS, LA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Marksville:
- KAPB-FM (97.7 FM; MARKSVILLE, LA; Owner: THREE RIVERS RADIO COMPANY)
- KZLG (95.9 FM; MANSURA, LA; Owner: AMY M COCO)
- KLIL (92.1 FM; MOREAUVILLE, LA; Owner: CAJUN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KRRV-FM (100.3 FM; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KZMZ (96.9 FM; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KEZP (104.3 FM; BUNKIE, LA; Owner: OWENSVILLE COMMUNICATIONS)
- KKST (98.7 FM; OAKDALE, LA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KQID-FM (93.1 FM; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: CENLA B/C CO INC.)
- WQNZ (95.1 FM; NATCHEZ, MS; Owner: FIRST NATCHEZ CORPORATION)
- KLSA (90.7 FM; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: BD OF SUPV OF LA ST U & A&M COLLEGE)
- KEDG (106.9 FM; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: FLINN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KAYT (88.1 FM; JENA, LA; Owner: BLACK MEDIA WORKS, INC.)
- K288ER (105.5 FM; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- KFAD (93.9 FM; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: FM BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
TV broadcast stations around Marksville:
- KALB-TV (Channel 5; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- K60GE (Channel 60; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K67GL (Channel 67; BUNKIE, LA; Owner: WHITE KNIGHT B/CING. OF NATCHEZ LICENSE CORP.)
- K02PO (Channel 2; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: TIGER EYE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KLAX-TV (Channel 31; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: POLLACK/BELZ COMMUNICATIONS CO., INC)
- KLFY-TV (Channel 10; LAFAYETTE, LA; Owner: KLFY, L.P.)
- K16DK (Channel 16; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K23DZ (Channel 23; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K38EG (Channel 38; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K55GT (Channel 55; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K21EL (Channel 21; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K43EI (Channel 43; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K57GK (Channel 57; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- KLPA-TV (Channel 25; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: LOUISIANA EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION AUTHORITY)
- K36DS (Channel 36; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: POLLACK/BELZ COMMUNICATION COMPANY, INC.)
- K53FA (Channel 53; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: ESTATE OF VIOLA WEBER)
- K47DW (Channel 47; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: WHITE KNIGHT B/CING. OF NATCHEZ LICENSE CORP.)
- K64FT (Channel 64; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 9Number of bridges
- 29m95ftTotal length
- $2,553,000Total costs
- 24,080Total average daily traffic
- 1,645Total average daily truck traffic
- 35,130Total future (year 2034) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Marksville)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:75 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Marksville, LA)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:6 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:4
- DTL MARKSVLE, Hwy 115 2.37 Mi S (Lat: 31.086667 Lon: -92.099444), Type: Tower, Structure height: 95.5 m, Call Sign: WQHL862
Assigned Frequencies: 17815.0 MHz, 11305.0 MHz, 11425.0 MHz, 11365.0 MHz, 11225.0 MHz, 11265.0 MHz, 17760.0 MHz, 17880.0 MHz, 17915.0 MHz, 17965.0 MHzGrant Date: 09/05/2007, Expiration Date: 09/05/2017, Certifier: Daryl DeshotelRegistrant: Detel Wireless LLC, 2028 Hwy. 115, Mansura, LA 71350, Phone: (318) 597-0303, Fax: (318) 597-3707, Email:
- LADOTD MRKSV, Hwy 115 2.37 Mi S (Lat: 31.086500 Lon: -92.099333), Type: Tower, Structure height: 95.5 m, Call Sign: WQIC332
Assigned Frequencies: 6152.75 MHz, 6345.49 MHz, 5945.20 MHzGrant Date: 12/31/2007, Expiration Date: 12/31/2017, Certifier: Joseph DragoRegistrant: Comsearch, 19700 Janelia Farm Boulevard, Ashburn, VA 20147, Phone: (703) 726-5671, Fax: (703) 726-5595, Email:
- APSB, 221 Tunica Drive (Lat: 31.125194 Lon: -92.072167), Type: Tower, Structure height: 30.5 m, Call Sign: WQLI838
Assigned Frequencies: 19320.0 MHzGrant Date: 02/03/2010, Expiration Date: 02/03/2020, Certifier: Josh RoyRegistrant: Detel Wireless LLC, 2028 Hwy. 115, Mansura, LA 71350, Phone: (318) 597-0303, Fax: (318) 597-3707, Email:
- MARKSVILLE, On State Hwy 115 2.37 Mi S Of (Lat: 31.086833 Lon: -92.099556), Overall height: 95.4 m, Call Sign: WBM352
Assigned Frequencies: 6555.00 MHz, 6315.84 MHz, 6585.00 MHz, 6286.19 MHz, 6625.00 MHzGrant Date: 01/06/2009, Expiration Date: 04/01/2019Registrant: State Of Louisianna Department Of Transportation And Developement, 1201 Capitol Access Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70804-9245, Phone: (225) 437-9119, Fax: (225) 379-1854, Email:
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers:2
- Moncha Bridge On La 115 Over Red River (Lat: 31.200194 Lon: -92.134861), Type: Building, Overall height: 6 m, Call Sign: KSC663, Licensee ID: L00009917
Assigned Frequencies: 156.450 MHz, 156.650 MHz, 156.800 MHzGrant Date: 03/12/2013, Expiration Date: 06/09/2023Registrant: State Of Louisiana, 7686 Tom Dr, Baton Rouge, LA 70806
- Marksville Municipal Airport (Lat: 31.096389 Lon: -92.063889), Type: Tower, Call Sign: WRLB2827
Assigned Frequencies: 0.34700 MHzGrant Date: 06/18/2015, Expiration Date: 05/03/2025Registrant: Marksville Municipal Airport, Marksville, LA 71351, Phone: (318) 240-3088, Fax: (318) 253-4614, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:5
- Call Sign: AC5FO, Previous Call Sign: KB6YY, Licensee ID: L00998634, Grant Date: 03/31/2005, Expiration Date: 04/26/2015, Certifier: Matthew Jacob, Registrant: Matthew Jacob, 570 Johnson Rd, Marksville, LA 71351
- Call Sign: KD5HHH, Licensee ID: L00178142, Grant Date: 03/07/2009, Expiration Date: 05/21/2019, Registrant: Herbert P Brouillette Mr, 5346 Hwy 1, Marksville, LA 71351
- Call Sign: KD5JZC, Licensee ID: L00230570, Grant Date: 03/01/2010, Expiration Date: 04/21/2020, Certifier: Harold E Laughlin, Registrant: Harold E Laughlin, Marksville, LA 71351-0742
- Call Sign: KE5BXO, Licensee ID: L00886720, Grant Date: 07/01/2004, Expiration Date: 07/01/2014, Certifier: Gary W Guillot, Registrant: Gary W Guillot, 613 Benjamin Dr, Marksville, LA 71351
- Call Sign: KG5IRG, Licensee ID: L01962139, Grant Date: 08/03/2015, Expiration Date: 08/03/2025, Certifier: Gaelen M Smith, Registrant: Gaelen M Smith, 629 Hwy 1195, Marksville, LA 71351
FAA Registered Aircraft:11 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Marksville)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Marksville and their reported violations in the past:CITY OF MARKSVILLE WATER SYSTEM (Address: 427 NORTH WASHINGTON STREET , Population served: 6,191, Purch groundwater):
Past health violations:FIFTH WARD WATER SYSTEM (Address: 2596 HWY 1 , Population served: 5,508, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In AUG-2013, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif received (SEP-05-2013), St Public Notif requested (SEP-10-2013), St Violation/Reminder Notice (SEP-10-2013), St Compliance achieved (MAR-24-2014)
- One minor monitoring violation
Past health violations:BROUILLETTE WATER SYSTEM INC (Address: 3053 HWY 1192 , Population served: 3,630, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In AUG-2008, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (SEP-23-2008), St Violation/Reminder Notice (SEP-23-2008), St Public Notif received (OCT-06-2008)
- One minor monitoring violation
- One regular monitoring violation
Past health violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In SEP-2008, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif received (OCT-24-2008), St Public Notif requested (NOV-05-2008), St Violation/Reminder Notice (NOV-05-2008)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 1
|Most common first names in Marksville, LA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Marksville, LA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (58%)
- Electricity (40%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
- No fuel used (1%)
|Businesses in Marksville, LA|
Marksville compared to Louisiana state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Marksville on our top lists:
- #10 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Healthcare support occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #12 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in industries: Arts, entertainment, and recreation (population 5,000+)"
- #17 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most people born in the same U.S. state as the city (population 5,000+)"
- #23 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most people below 50% of the poverty level, excluding cities with 15% or more of residents in college and with the median age below 28 (population 5,000+)"
- #26 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of assaults per 100,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"
- #35 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #51 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest household incomes disparities (population 5,000+)"
- #69 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Law enforcement workers including supervisors (population 5,000+)"
- #101 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest city-data.com crime index, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"
- #64 (71351) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of French first ancestries"
- #86 (71351) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the most casinos in 2005"
- #68 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating from other counties between 2010 and 2011"
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2017.