We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||45.1 years|
|Montana median age:||37.5 years|
Zip code: 59053
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $26,770 (it was $18,985 in 2000)
Martinsdale-Ringling CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $134,657 (it was $69,300 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $193,566; Detached houses: $219,571; Townhouses or other attached units: $475,048; Mobile homes: $36,435
Races in Martinsdale-Ringling, MT (2000)
- 37896.7%White alone
- 51.3%American Indian alone
- 10.3%Two or more races
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Land area: 1052.8 square miles.
Population density: 0.4 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Martinsdale-Ringling:
- High school or higher: 85.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 20.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.2%
- Unemployed: 4.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 15.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Martinsdale-Ringling CCD:
- Never married: 14.7%
- Now married: 68.3%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 6.9%
- Divorced: 10.1%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Martinsdale-Ringling CCD:||0.5% ($375)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Great Falls, MT (81.0 miles , pop. 56,690).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: West Adams, CO (534.6 miles , pop. 259,628).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (894.8 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: White Sulphur Springs, MT (3.9 miles ), Martinsdale, MT (4.0 miles) , Wilsall, MT (5.4 miles ), Shields Valley, MT (5.7 miles ), Sedan, MT (5.8 miles) , Neihart, MT (6.0 miles) , Clyde Park, MT (6.1 miles ), Harlowton, MT (6.2 miles ).
Latitude: 46.42 N, Longitude: 110.64 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 406
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (57%)
- Construction (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (10%)
- Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers (5%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (3%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (2%)
- Groceries and related products merchant wholesalers (2%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (29%)
- Accommodation and food services (14%)
- Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers (8%)
- Educational services (8%)
- Health care (8%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (33%)
- Farmers and farm managers (26%)
- Food and beverage serving workers except waiters/waitresses (7%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (5%)
- Life, physical, and social science technicians (3%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (3%)
- Farmers and farm managers (16%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (15%)
- Food and beverage serving workers except waiters/waitresses (8%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (7%)
- Top executives (4%)
- Media and communication equipment workers (4%)
- Registered nurses (4%)
Average climate in Martinsdale-Ringling, Montana
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Martinsdale-Ringling-area historical earthquake activity is near Montana state average. It is 42% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 128.1 miles away from the city center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW) earthquake occurred 223.4 miles away from Martinsdale-Ringling center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 6/30/1975 at 18:54:13, a magnitude 6.1 (5.6 MB, 5.9 MS, 6.1 UK, 6.1 ML, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 120.8 miles away from the city center
On 7/26/2005 at 04:08:37, a magnitude 5.7 (5.7 MB, 5.2 MS, 5.6 MW, Depth: 8.0 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 116.8 miles away from the city center
On 10/3/1915 at 06:52:48, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 534.5 miles away from Martinsdale-Ringling center
On 8/22/1984 at 09:46:30, a magnitude 5.8 (5.0 MB, 5.1 MS, 5.8 ML) earthquake occurred 208.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Meagher County (7) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 5
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 4, Storms: 4, Fires: 2, Snows: 2, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Martinsdale-Ringling:
- Montana State University (about 56 miles; Bozeman, MT; Full-time enrollment: 12,942)
- Montana State University-Billings (about 111 miles; Billings, MT; FT enrollment: 4,319)
- The University of Montana (about 162 miles; Missoula, MT; FT enrollment: 13,602)
- Brigham Young University-Idaho (about 189 miles; Rexburg, ID; FT enrollment: 30,522)
- Sheridan College (about 213 miles; Sheridan, WY; FT enrollment: 2,070)
- Idaho State University (about 262 miles; Pocatello, ID; FT enrollment: 10,350)
- North Idaho College (about 303 miles; Coeur d'Alene, ID; FT enrollment: 4,684)
Notable locations in Martinsdale-Ringling: Adkison Ranch (A), Arthun Ranch (B), Bair Reservoir Sportsmans Access (C), Blackhawk Cabin (D), Brekke Ranch (E), Brewer Ranch (F), McKee Homestead (G), Campbell Ranch (H), Culver Ranch (I), Solbergs Pine Valley Cabins (J), Richardson Campground (K), Robertson Ranch (L), Rostad Ranch (M), Seventyone Ranch (N), Green Ranch (O), Hamen Ranch (P), Higgins Homestead (Q), Higgins Ranch (R), J Stewart Ranch (S), Spring Creek Campground (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Martinsdale-Ringling include: Trinity Lutheran Church (A), Lutheran Church (B), Saint Johns Catholic Church (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Castle Cemetery (1), Lennup Cemetery (2), Lebo Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Forest Lake (A), Coates Pond (B), Thorsens Pond (C), Castle Lake (D), Christensen Reservoir (E), Higgins Reservoir (F), Hamen Reservoir (G), Voldseth Reservoir (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Woodson Creek (A), Youngs Creek (B), Forty Creek (C), Honey Run Creek (D), Warm Springs Creek (E), Agate Creek (F), Alabaugh Creek (G), Alkali Creek (H), Badger Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Martinsdale-Ringling: Smith River Valley Historical Marker (1). Display/hide its location on the map
|This place:||2.0 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.5% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Martinsdale-Ringling CCD (based on Meagher County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Meagher County:||10.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montana:||2.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Meagher County:||5.28 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||26.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||10.38 / 10,000 pop.|
5.67% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($65,844 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
5.91% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,489 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Strongest AM radio stations in Martinsdale-Ringling:
- KGVW (640 AM; 10 kW; BELGRADE, MT; Owner: GALLATIN VALLEY WITNESS, INC.)
- KERR (750 AM; 50 kW; POLSON, MT; Owner: ANDERSON RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KKGR (680 AM; daytime; 5 kW; EAST HELENA, MT; Owner: KKGR, INC.)
- KMON (560 AM; 5 kW; GREAT FALLS, MT; Owner: COMMONWEALTH LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- KBOZ (1090 AM; 5 kW; BOZEMAN, MT; Owner: REIER BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KMTX (950 AM; 5 kW; HELENA, MT; Owner: CAPRI, INC)
- KOFI (1180 AM; 50 kW; KALISPELL, MT; Owner: KOFI, INC.)
- KBOW (550 AM; 5 kW; BUTTE, MT; Owner: BUTTE BROADCASTING INCORPORATED)
- KBOI (670 AM; 50 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KEIN (1310 AM; 5 kW; GREAT FALLS, MT; Owner: MUNSON RADIO, INC.)
- KGHL (790 AM; 5 kW; BILLINGS, MT; Owner: NEW NORTHWEST BROADCASTERS, LLC)
- KURL (730 AM; 5 kW; BILLINGS, MT; Owner: ELENBAAS MEDIA, INC.)
- KALL (700 AM; 50 kW; NORTH SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Martinsdale-Ringling:
- KIKF (104.9 FM; CASCADE, MT; Owner: FISHER RADIO REGIONAL GROUP INC.)
- KINX (107.3 FM; GREAT FALLS, MT; Owner: FISHER RADIO REGIONAL GROUP INC.)
- K246AC (97.1 FM; HELENA, MT; Owner: LAST CHANCE PUBLIC RADIO ASSOCIATION)
- K251AC (98.1 FM; HELENA, MT; Owner: BOARD OF REGENTS-MT UNIV. SYSTEM)
- KEHT (100.3 FM; GREAT FALLS, MT; Owner: GEORGE S. FLINN, JR.)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (45%)
- Wood (29%)
- Electricity (14%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (8%)
- Other fuel (2%)
- Utility gas (1%)
Martinsdale-Ringling compared to Montana state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.