We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||46.9 years|
|Maine median age:||43.0 years|
Zip codes: 04732.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $22,940 (it was $14,716 in 2000)
Masardis town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $77,314 (it was $45,700 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $125,039; Detached houses: $133,261; Townhouses or other attached units: $227,405; In 2-unit structures: $202,827; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $29,654; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $218,247; Mobile homes: $46,901; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $121,366
Races in Masardis, ME (2010)
- 24799.2%White alone
- 10.4%American Indian alone
- 10.4%Two or more races
|Looking For Ridiculously Remote And Isolated Land (50 replies)|
|High Water (23 replies)|
|small town/villages to relocate to - no military presence (30 replies)|
|Alaska Perspective (50 replies)|
|Favorite Maine Beverages (121 replies)|
|Wanna play a game? (29 replies)|
Latest news from Masardis, ME collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (35.7%), French (31.0%), Scottish (27.1%), United States (15.3%), Irish (14.9%), German (4.7%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 03/21/1839
Elevation: 580 feet
Land area: 38.7 square miles.
Population density: 6.4 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Masardis:
- High school or higher: 70.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 9.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.0%
- Unemployed: 14.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 22.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Masardis town:
- Never married: 25.8%
- Now married: 62.0%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 2.2%
- Divorced: 8.7%
2 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Maine and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Masardis, Maine as of February 22, 2019.
The ratio of number of residents in Masardis to the number of sex offenders is 249 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Masardis town:||0.8% ($381)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (218.0 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (319.7 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (478.8 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Ashland, ME (2.8 miles ), Chapman, ME (3.8 miles ), Castle Hill, ME (4.0 miles ), Mapleton, ME (4.2 miles ), Portage Lake, ME (4.3 miles ), Wade, ME (4.4 miles ), Presque Isle, ME (4.6 miles ), Westfield, ME (4.6 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2001: 1 building, cost: $121,400
- 2006: 1 building, cost: $171,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 46.52 N, Longitude: 68.37 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 207
Unemployment by year (%)
- Wood products (36%)
- Construction (22%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (19%)
- Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers (6%)
- Truck transportation (6%)
- Rail transportation (3%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (3%)
- Educational services (20%)
- Food and beverage stores (19%)
- Finance and insurance (13%)
- Health care (13%)
- Wood products (9%)
- Social assistance (7%)
- Truck transportation (6%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (17%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (13%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (10%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (9%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (13%)
- Counselors, social workers, and other community and social service specialists (9%)
- Cashiers (9%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (9%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (9%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (6%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (6%)
Average climate in Masardis, Maine
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Masardis-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Maine state average. It is 94% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/14/2006 at 09:34:49, a magnitude 4.0 (3.5 MW, 4.0 LG, Depth: 14.9 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 31.6 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 294.6 miles away from Masardis center
On 10/3/2006 at 00:07:38, a magnitude 4.3 (3.8 MB, 3.8 MW, 4.3 LG, Depth: 4.0 mi) earthquake occurred 150.8 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 340.4 miles away from the city center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 261.6 miles away from Masardis center
On 9/16/1994 at 04:22:42, a magnitude 3.6 (3.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 84.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Aroostook County (21) is a lot greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 12
Emergencies Declared: 9
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 10, Storms: 8, Snows: 7, Heavy Rains: 2, Blizzard: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snowfall: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Masardis:
- University of Maine (about 114 miles; Orono, ME; Full-time enrollment: 8,931)
- Husson University (about 119 miles; Bangor, ME; FT enrollment: 2,421)
- University of Maine at Farmington (about 155 miles; Farmington, ME; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- University of Maine at Augusta (about 166 miles; Augusta, ME; FT enrollment: 3,204)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (about 213 miles; Standish, ME; FT enrollment: 2,010)
- Southern Maine Community College (about 219 miles; South Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 4,666)
- University of Southern Maine (about 219 miles; Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 6,647)
Notable location: Masardis Volunteer Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemetery: Smith Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Scopan Stream (A), Shields Brook (B), Saint Croix Stream (C), Clayton Brook (D), Blackwater River (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 59.0. This is better than average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2013 was 0.155. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 20.4 miles away from the city center.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 1.97. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 20.4 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 0.529. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 20.4 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 27.7. This is about average. Closest monitor was 6.2 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 15.1. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 7.8 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 5.11. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 20.2 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Masardis town (based on Aroostook County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Aroostook County:||4.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Aroostook County:||2.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Aroostook County:||7.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.02 / 10,000 pop.|
3.21% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($33,766 average adjusted gross income)
0.08% of residents moved from foreign countries ($1,181 average AGI)
Aroostook County: 0.08% Maine average: 0.04%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Penobscot County, ME||0.46% ($28,764 average AGI)|
|from Cumberland County, ME||0.20% ($23,132)|
|from Hartford County, CT||0.09% ($34,920)|
3.74% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,623 average adjusted gross income)
0.11% of residents moved to foreign countries ($830 average AGI)
Aroostook County: 0.11% Maine average: 0.05%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Masardis:
- WEGP (1390 AM; 5 kW; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: DECELLES/SMITH MEDIA, INC.)
- WFST (600 AM; 5 kW; CARIBOU, ME; Owner: NORTHERN BROADCAST MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WREM (710 AM; daytime; 5 kW; MONTICELLO, ME; Owner: ALLAN H WEINER)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WZON (620 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: THE ZONE CORPORATION)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WSKW (1160 AM; 10 kW; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN WIRELESS, INCORPORATED)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTME (780 AM; 10 kW; RUMFORD, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Masardis:
- WBPW (96.9 FM; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WQHR (96.1 FM; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WOZI (101.9 FM; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WMEM (106.1 FM; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: MAINE PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- W274AF (102.7 FM; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: BANGOR BAPTIST CHURCH)
- WHOU-FM (100.1 FM; HOULTON, ME; Owner: COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Masardis fatal accident list:
Feb 21, 1996 06:45 AM, 11, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
Jun 18, 1995 03:55 PM, 11, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 3Number of bridges
- 15m49ftTotal length
- 3,227Total average daily traffic
- 257Total average daily truck traffic
- 4,841Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Masardis)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:1
- Lat: 46.546389 Lon: -68.408611, Call Sign: KNBM211
Assigned Frequencies: 159.105 MHz, 153.875 MHzGrant Date: 07/04/2012, Expiration Date: 08/13/2022Registrant: Universal Licensing Service, 4401-A Connecticut Ave Nw #232, Washington, DC 20008-2358, Phone: (877) 677-3639, Fax: (949) 206-3097, Email:
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (74%)
- Wood (22%)
- No fuel used (3%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
Masardis compared to Maine state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.