|Median resident age:||34.5 years|
|Colorado median age:||34.3 years|
Zip code: 81057
McClave CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $90,717 (it was $75,000 in 2000)
- White alone - 761 (79.1%)
- Hispanic - 180 (18.7%)
- Two or more races - 11 (1.1%)
- Asian alone - 8 (0.8%)
- Black alone - 1 (0.1%)
- American Indian alone - 1 (0.1%)
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Elevation: 3860 feet
Land area: 263.5 square miles.
Population density: 3.5 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in McClave:
- High school or higher: 79.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 18.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.3%
- Unemployed: 1.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 18.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in McClave CCD:
- Never married: 24.7%
- Now married: 64.4%
- Separated: 2.2%
- Widowed: 4.2%
- Divorced: 6.7%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|McClave CCD:||0.6% ($440)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Pueblo, CO (96.1 miles , pop. 102,121).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Colorado Springs, CO (116.0 miles , pop. 360,890).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (503.0 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Hasty, CO (2.3 miles) , Wiley, CO (2.8 miles ), Purgatoire Valley, CO (3.6 miles ), Lamar, CO (3.7 miles ), Las Animas, CO (4.5 miles ), Eads, CO (4.9 miles ), Haswell, CO (5.2 miles) , Granada, CO (5.5 miles ).
Latitude: 38.14 N, Longitude: 102.86 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 719
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (43%)
- Construction (12%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (4%)
- Health care (4%)
- Repair and maintenance (4%)
- Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers (3%)
- Educational services (20%)
- Health care (16%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (9%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Personal and laundry services (6%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Food and beverage stores (3%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (22%)
- Farmers and farm managers (18%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (4%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (4%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Carpenters (3%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (3%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (8%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (7%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Registered nurses (6%)
- Personal appearance workers (5%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (5%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (4%)
Average climate in McClave, Colorado
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
McClave-area historical tornado activity is near Colorado state average. It is 31% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/29/2001, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 11.7 miles away from the McClave place center caused $150,000 in damages.
On 10/17/1971, a category F3 tornado 16.6 miles away from the place center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:McClave-area historical earthquake activity is below Colorado state average. It is 19% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/10/2005 at 22:08:22, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 134.2 miles away from the city center
On 1/3/2007 at 14:34:38, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.4 MW, 4.4 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 133.8 miles away from McClave center
On 9/5/2001 at 10:52:07, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 118.3 miles away from the city center
On 10/18/1984 at 15:30:23, a magnitude 5.5 (5.4 MB, 5.1 MS, 5.5 ML) earthquake occurred 327.4 miles away from the city center
On 2/15/1974 at 13:33:49, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG) earthquake occurred 164.4 miles away from McClave center
On 3/22/2004 at 12:09:56, a magnitude 4.4 (4.4 MB, 4.4 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 140.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Bent County (6) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 4
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 3, Floods: 2, Fire: 1, Hurricane: 1, Landslide: 1, Mudslide: 1, Snow: 1, Tornado: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near McClave:
- JUNIPER VILLAGE AT LAMAR (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; LAMAR, CO)
- LAMAR AREA HOSPICE ASSOCIATION (Hospital, about 14 miles away; LAMAR, CO)
- LAMAR DIALYSIS (FMC) (Dialysis Facility, about 14 miles away; LAMAR, CO)
- PROWERS MEDICAL CENTER HOME HEALTH (Home Health Center, about 15 miles away; LAMAR, CO)
- PROWERS MEDICAL CENTER Critical Access Hospitals (about 15 miles away; LAMAR, CO)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to McClave:
- Colorado State University-Pueblo (about 95 miles; Pueblo, CO; Full-time enrollment: 5,993)
- Pueblo Community College (about 97 miles; Pueblo, CO; FT enrollment: 5,329)
- Pikes Peak Community College (about 114 miles; Colorado Springs, CO; FT enrollment: 10,395)
- Colorado College (about 118 miles; Colorado Springs, CO; FT enrollment: 2,199)
- University of Colorado Colorado Springs (about 118 miles; Colorado Springs, CO; FT enrollment: 8,700)
- Colorado Technical University-Online (about 119 miles; Colorado Springs, CO; FT enrollment: 22,771)
- Colorado Technical University-Colorado Springs (about 119 miles; Colorado Springs, CO; FT enrollment: 2,049)
Notable locations in McClave: Cordes-Oberlander Ranch (A), Bishop Ranch (B), Hasty - McClave Fire Department (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in McClave include: Friends Community Church of Hasty (A), Methodist Church of McClave (B), Riverview Church (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Union Valley Cemetery (1), Wiley Cemetery (2), The Home Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Long Lake (A), Jims Pond (B), Lake Hasty (C), Dingwall Ditch Retention Reservoir (D), G W Verhoeff Reservoir (E), John Martin Reservoir (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Limestone Creek (A), McRae Arroyo (B), Prowers Arroyo (C), Graveyard Creek (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in McClave include: Bents New Fort Marker (1), John Martin Reservoir Wildlife Area (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 51.4. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 24.7. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 13.6 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in McClave and their reported violations in the past:MCCLAVE WA INC (Population served: 440, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- 33 regular monitoring violations
|This place:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
McClave compared to Colorado state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (53%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (40%)
- Wood (4%)
- Electricity (2%)
- No fuel used (1%)
- Other fuel (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for McClave CCD (based on Bent County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 34.61%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||United Methodist Church||Friends (Quakers)||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Church of the Nazarene|
|Name||Conservative Baptist Association of America||Southern Baptist Convention||Churches of Christ||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Bent County:||3.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|Colorado:||1.50 / 10,000 pop.|
|Bent County:||5.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||10.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.99 / 10,000 pop.|
6.99% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($30,616 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
7.77% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($21,568 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in McClave:
- KLMR (920 AM; 5 kW; LAMAR, CO; Owner: COMMONWEALTH LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- KOA (850 AM; 50 kW; DENVER, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KGYN (1210 AM; 50 kW; GUYMON, OK; Owner: TELNS BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KMXA (1090 AM; 50 kW; AURORA, CO; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KKZN (760 AM; 50 kW; THORNTON, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KCBR (1040 AM; daytime; 15 kW; MONUMENT, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KKOB (770 AM; 50 kW; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KSIR (1010 AM; 25 kW; BRUSH, CO; Owner: JMS BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KRVN (880 AM; 50 kW; LEXINGTON, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA RURAL RADIO ASSOCIATION)
- KIMB (1260 AM; 50 kW; KIMBALL, NE; Owner: G & L INVESTMENTS, LLC)
- KLMO (1060 AM; 30 kW; LONGMONT, CO; Owner: PILGRIM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KCMN (1530 AM; 15 kW; COLORADO SPRINGS, CO)
Strongest FM radio stations in McClave:
- KVAY (105.7 FM; LAMAR, CO; Owner: BEACON BROADCASTING LLC)
- KSNZ (93.3 FM; LAMAR, CO; Owner: COMMONWEALTH LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- K211EI (90.1 FM; LAMAR, CO; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K207BI (89.3 FM; LAMAR, CO; Owner: MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOUNDATION, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around McClave:
- K48DW (Channel 48; EADS, ETC., CO; Owner: KIOWA COUNTY)
- K07DH (Channel 7; LAMAR, CO; Owner: THE CITY OF LAMAR, COLORADO)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:3
- .5 Mi N .25 Mi E Jct Hwy 196 & Main St (Lat: 38.139167 Lon: -102.727694), Call Sign: KCX934, Licensee ID: L00411395
Assigned Frequencies: 152.885 MHz
Grant Date: 10/18/2001, Expiration Date: 11/03/2011, Cancellation Date: 01/07/2012
Registrant: Joe Kasza, Box 13, Mcclave, CO 81057, Phone: (719) 829-4208
- 23133 Road Ll (Lat: 38.141944 Lon: -102.786028), Call Sign: KNEP331
Assigned Frequencies: 152.975 MHz
Grant Date: 01/23/1998, Expiration Date: 03/03/2003, Cancellation Date: 06/08/2003
Registrant: Steven R Wertz, 34244 Rd Llk, Mcglave, CO 81057
- 2 Mi N Cr 30 (Lat: 38.164167 Lon: -102.851861), Call Sign: KCJ732, Licensee ID: L00055404
Assigned Frequencies: 158.160 MHz
Grant Date: 05/12/2005, Expiration Date: 07/23/2015
Registrant: Fort Lyon Canal Company, Las Animas, CO 81054, Phone: (719) 456-0720
FAA Registered Aircraft:1
- Aircraft: CHAMPION 7FC (Category: Land, Seats: 3, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 90 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR C90 SERIES (95 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 4839E , Serial Number: 7FC-296, Year manufactured: 1959, Airworthiness Date: 01/23/1959
Registrant (Individual): Burt W Heckman, 28274 Rd Ll, Mcclave, CO 81057
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 12
- Good Intent Call: 5
Incident types - McClave
McClave on our top lists:
- #31 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Advertising, marketing, promotions, public relations, and sales managers"
- #43 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Farm product raw material merchant wholesalers"
- #59 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Information and record clerks except customer service representatives"
- #70 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Fuel dealers"
- #73 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting"