We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||47.5 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54893.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $27,017 (it was $18,067 in 2000)
Meenon town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $150,365 (it was $81,800 in 2000)
Races in Meenon, WI (2010)
- 1,06091.1%White alone
- 494.2%American Indian alone
- 393.4%Two or more races
- 50.4%Asian alone
- 40.3%Black alone
- 10.09%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
Ancestries: German (42.2%), Norwegian (16.0%), Irish (15.4%), Swedish (15.2%), English (7.1%), Polish (6.1%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 31.9 square miles.
Population density: 36 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Meenon:
- High school or higher: 78.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.6%
- Unemployed: 6.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 22.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Meenon town:
- Never married: 23.6%
- Now married: 53.6%
- Separated: 1.7%
- Widowed: 5.4%
- Divorced: 15.7%
11 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Meenon town:||1.5% ($1,266)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Duluth, MN (65.7 miles , pop. 86,918).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Paul, MN (72.2 miles , pop. 287,151).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (361.3 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Webster, WI (1.7 miles ), Siren, WI (2.2 miles ), La Follette, WI (2.6 miles ), Daniels, WI (3.0 miles ), Lewis, WI (3.1 miles) , Clam Falls, WI (3.3 miles ), Lorain, WI (3.4 miles ), Danbury, WI (3.4 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 2 buildings, average cost: $65,000
- 1998: 3 buildings, average cost: $46,700
- 1999: 5 buildings, average cost: $20,000
- 2000: 9 buildings, average cost: $61,900
- 2001: 9 buildings, average cost: $61,900
- 2002: 8 buildings, average cost: $80,600
- 2003: 9 buildings, average cost: $71,900
- 2004: 10 buildings, average cost: $71,900
- 2005: 8 buildings, average cost: $100,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 45.84 N, Longitude: 92.34 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 715
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (22%)
- Repair and maintenance (9%)
- Food (6%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Machinery (5%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (4%)
- Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers (3%)
- Health care (17%)
- Educational services (12%)
- Accommodation and food services (12%)
- Food and beverage stores (10%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Personal and laundry services (6%)
- Plastics and rubber products (5%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (9%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (8%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (8%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Carpenters (5%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (6%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Cashiers (5%)
- Other healthcare support occupations (4%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (4%)
- Counselors, social workers, and other community and social service specialists (4%)
Average climate in Meenon, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Meenon-area historical tornado activity is below Wisconsin state average. It is 26% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/21/1957, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 27.1 miles away from the Meenon town center injured 2 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 6/18/2001, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 15.8 miles away from the town center killed 2 people and injured 16 people and caused $10 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Meenon-area historical earthquake activity is below Wisconsin state average. It is 94% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 179.2 miles away from the city center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 191.3 miles away from Meenon center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 363.5 miles away from the city center
On 10/20/1995 at 15:57:18, a magnitude 3.7 (3.7 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 218.3 miles away from the city center
On 2/9/1994 at 08:45:35, a magnitude 3.1 (3.1 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 141.9 miles away from Meenon center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 348.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Burnett County (7) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 4
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 4, Storms: 3, Tornadoes: 2, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Meenon:
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (about 22 miles; Shell Lake, WI; Full-time enrollment: 2,414)
- University of Wisconsin-Superior (about 62 miles; Superior, WI; FT enrollment: 2,302)
- Century College (about 64 miles; White Bear Lake, MN; FT enrollment: 7,393)
- Lake Superior College (about 66 miles; Duluth, MN; FT enrollment: 3,768)
- Bethel University (about 68 miles; Saint Paul, MN; FT enrollment: 4,061)
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College (about 68 miles; Coon Rapids, MN; FT enrollment: 5,918)
- The College of Saint Scholastica (about 69 miles; Duluth, MN; FT enrollment: 3,762)
Notable locations in Meenon: Kruger School (A), Meenon Townhall (B), North Memorial Ambulance Burnett County (C), Webster Volunteer Fire Department (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Oak Grove Cemetery (1), Chelmo Cemetery (2), Clam Lake Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Pike Lake (A), Bass Lake (B), Mallard Slough (C), Lower Clam Lake (D), Money Lake (E), Clam Lake (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.6% of all households
27 people in residential treatment centers for juveniles (non-correctional) in 2010
44 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups) in 2000
10 people in other types of correctional institutions in 2000
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Meenon town (based on Burnett County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Burnett County:||3.68 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Burnett County:||0.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||0.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Burnett County:||4.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||16.58 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
5.02% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($38,515 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Polk County, WI||0.76% ($24,122 average AGI)|
|from Barron County, WI||0.31% ($21,200)|
|from Washburn County, WI||0.31% ($24,200)|
4.61% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($29,537 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Meenon:
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- KSTP (1500 AM; 50 kW; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: KSTP-AM, LLC (DELAWARE))
- KTIS (900 AM; 25 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: NORTHWESTERN COLLEGE)
- KFAN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WDSM (710 AM; 10 kW; SUPERIOR, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WAQE (1090 AM; daytime; 5 kW; RICE LAKE, WI; Owner: TKC, INC.)
- WWJC (850 AM; daytime; 10 kW; DULUTH, MN; Owner: WWJC, INC.)
- WHSM (910 AM; 5 kW; HAYWARD, WI; Owner: QB BROADCASTING, LTD.)
- WDGY (630 AM; 8 kW; HUDSON, WI; Owner: 630 RADIO, INCORPORATED)
- WCSW (940 AM; daytime; 1 kW; SHELL LAKE, WI; Owner: ZOE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WXCE (1260 AM; 5 kW; AMERY, WI; Owner: LAKE COUNTRY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Meenon:
- WXCX (105.7 FM; SIREN, WI; Owner: QUARNSTROM MEDIA GROUP, LLC)
- WGMO (95.3 FM; SHELL LAKE, WI; Owner: ZOE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WLMX-FM (104.9 FM; BALSAM LAKE, WI; Owner: QUARNSTROM MEDIA GROUP, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Meenon:
- W24CL (Channel 24; GRANTSBURG, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- W57AS (Channel 57; SPOONER, WI; Owner: HUBBARD BROADCASTING, INC.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 8Number of bridges
- 24m79ftTotal length
- 15,110Total average daily traffic
- 764Total average daily truck traffic
- 26,640Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (59%)
- Utility gas (15%)
- Wood (12%)
- Electricity (9%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (5%)
- No fuel used (1%)
Meenon compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Meenon on our top lists:
- #57 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in other types of correctional institutions (population 1,000+)"