|Median resident age:||36.8 years|
|Georgia median age:||33.4 years|
Zip code: 30426
Millhaven CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $55,731 (it was $41,100 in 2000)
- Black alone - 278 (62.6%)
- White alone - 158 (35.6%)
- Asian alone - 3 (0.7%)
- Two or more races - 3 (0.7%)
- Hispanic - 2 (0.5%)
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 119 feet
Land area: 129.9 square miles.
Population density: 3.3 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Millhaven:
- High school or higher: 58.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 9.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 28.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Millhaven CCD:
- Never married: 18.4%
- Now married: 54.6%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 12.3%
- Divorced: 14.7%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Millhaven CCD:||0.9% ($363)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Augusta-Richmond County, GA (43.1 miles , pop. 195,182).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Charlotte, NC (162.2 miles , pop. 540,828).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (604.2 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Hiltonia, GA (2.6 miles ), Millett, SC (3.3 miles ), Girard, GA (3.3 miles ), Sardis, GA (3.4 miles ), Sylvania, GA (3.7 miles ), Allendale, SC (3.9 miles ), Kline, SC (4.2 miles ), Fairfax, SC (4.3 miles ).
Latitude: 32.94 N, Longitude: 81.56 W
Unemployment by year (%)
Average climate in Millhaven, Georgia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Millhaven-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Georgia state average. It is 4% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/23/1983, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 17.0 miles away from the Millhaven place center injured 6 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 1/13/1972, a category F3 tornado 20.2 miles away from the place center injured 21 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Millhaven-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Georgia state average. It is 86% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 83.6 miles away from the city center
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB) earthquake occurred 82.3 miles away from Millhaven center
On 8/21/1992 at 16:31:55, a magnitude 4.4 (4.1 MB, 4.1 LG, 4.4 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 84.2 miles away from the city center
On 11/11/2002 at 23:39:29, a magnitude 4.4 (4.0 MB, 4.4 LG, Depth: 1.5 mi) earthquake occurred 101.7 miles away from the city center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 257.4 miles away from Millhaven center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML) earthquake occurred 240.4 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Screven County (5) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 2
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 2, Storms: 2, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snowfall: 1, Tornado: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Airports located in Millhaven:
- Millhaven Airport (Runways: 2)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Millhaven:
- Denmark Technical College (about 37 miles; Denmark, SC; Full-time enrollment: 2,050)
- Georgia Southern University (about 38 miles; Statesboro, GA; FT enrollment: 18,824)
- Augusta Technical College (about 44 miles; Augusta, GA; FT enrollment: 3,494)
- Aiken Technical College (about 44 miles; Graniteville, SC; FT enrollment: 2,107)
- Georgia Regents University (about 45 miles; Augusta, GA; FT enrollment: 6,862)
- University of South Carolina-Aiken (about 46 miles; Aiken, SC; FT enrollment: 2,815)
- East Georgia State College (about 50 miles; Swainsboro, GA; FT enrollment: 2,345)
Notable locations in Millhaven: Cains Store (A), Coastal Empire Christian Camp (B), Blacks Landing (C), Jacobsons Landing (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Millhaven include: Comers Grave Church (A), Dalton Church (B), Greenwood Church (C), Middle Branch Church (D), Oak Grove Church (E), Harmony Church (F), Saint Andrews Chapel (G), Bethel Brick Church (H), Wesley Chapel (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Meek Cemetery (1), Bethel Cemetery (2), Oak Grove Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: Queen Lake (A), Smith Lake (B), The Lagoon (C), Barnes Lake (D), Possum Eddy (E), Johnson Lake (F), Miller Lake (G), Hershman Lake (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Joe Ditch (A), Rocky Creek (B), Braswell Branch (C), Quill Branch (D), Beaverdam Creek (E), Mill Branch (F), McDaniel Creek (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 2.1% of all households
- Gay men: 0.7% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Millhaven compared to Georgia state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (47%)
- Electricity (31%)
- Utility gas (13%)
- Wood (9%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Millhaven CCD (based on Screven County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 52.52%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||Catholic Church||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)|
|Name||International Church of the Foursquare Gospel||Church of God (Anderson, Indiana)||Churches of Christ||Presbyterian Church in America||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Screven County:||1.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||1.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|Screven County:||0.66 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||0.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Screven County:||7.98 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.98 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.41 / 10,000 pop.|
7.13% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($27,916 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Bulloch County, GA||1.77% ($22,711 average AGI)|
|from Chatham County, GA||0.92% ($16,721)|
|from Effingham County, GA||0.77% ($35,472)|
7.43% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($26,739 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Millhaven:
- WBAJ (890 AM; daytime; 50 kW; BLYTHEWOOD, SC; Owner: FAMILY FIRST)
- WCEO (840 AM; daytime; 50 kW; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: EASTERN BROADCASTING GROUP, INC.)
- WLFJ (660 AM; daytime; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, SC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WDOG (1460 AM; daytime; 1 kW; ALLENDALE, SC; Owner: GOOD RADIO BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WMAC (940 AM; 50 kW; MACON, GA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WGAC (580 AM; 5 kW; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WGAC LICENSE, LLC)
- WIQB (1050 AM; 25 kW; CONWAY, SC; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WRDW (1480 AM; 10 kW; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WCHZ LICENSE, LLC)
- WSYL (1490 AM; 1 kW; SYLVANIA, GA; Owner: SAM-MAC BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC.)
- WTEL (1630 AM; 10 kW; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WCHZ LICENSE, LLC)
- WFAM (1050 AM; 5 kW; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: J.J. & B. BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCNN (680 AM; 50 kW; NORTH ATLANTA, GA; Owner: DICKEY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WGST (640 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Millhaven:
- WBAW-FM (99.1 FM; BARNWELL, SC; Owner: BULLIE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WAFJ (88.3 FM; BELVEDERE, SC; Owner: RADIO TRAINING NETWORK, INC.)
- WIIZ (97.9 FM; BLACKVILLE, SC; Owner: NICWILD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WZNY (105.7 FM; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WZBX (106.5 FM; SYLVANIA, GA; Owner: RADIO STATESBORO, INC.)
- WDOG-FM (93.5 FM; ALLENDALE, SC; Owner: GOOD RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WMCD (100.1 FM; STATESBORO, GA; Owner: RADIO STATESBORO, INC.)
- WAKB (96.9 FM; WRENS, GA; Owner: RADIO ONE OF AUGUSTA, LLC)
- WHKN (94.9 FM; MILLEN, GA; Owner: MULTI-SERVICE CORP.)
- WKSP (96.3 FM; AIKEN, SC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
TV broadcast stations around Millhaven:
- WEBA-TV (Channel 14; ALLENDALE, SC; Owner: SOUTH CAROLINA EDUCATIONAL TV COMMISSION)
- WJBF (Channel 6; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL BROADCASTING OF SO. CAROLINA HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WAGT (Channel 26; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WAGT TELEVISION, INC.)
- WRDW-TV (Channel 12; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WRDW LICENSEE CORP.)
- WFXG (Channel 54; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: FISHER BROADCASTING - GEORGIA, L.L.C.)
- WCES-TV (Channel 20; WRENS, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)