We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||46.0 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip code: 53816
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $30,016 (it was $20,618 in 2000)
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $141,831 (it was $80,800 in 2000)
Races in Millville, WI (2010)
- 16096.4%White alone
- 21.2%American Indian alone
- 21.2%Two or more races
Latest news from Millville, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (38.8%), English (10.9%), United States (8.8%), Dutch (6.1%), Czech (4.8%), French (3.4%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 680 feet
Land area: 21.0 square miles.
Population density: 7.9 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Millville:
- High school or higher: 79.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 8.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 30.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Millville town:
- Never married: 14.0%
- Now married: 70.5%
- Separated: 2.3%
- Widowed: 2.3%
- Divorced: 10.9%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Millville town:||1.0% ($800)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Dubuque, IA (37.5 miles , pop. 57,686).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Madison, WI (78.1 miles , pop. 208,054).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (185.1 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Mount Hope, WI (2.3 miles) , Patch Grove, WI (2.3 miles) , Wauzeka, WI (2.4 miles ), Bridgeport, WI (2.9 miles ), Woodman, WI (3.0 miles) , Bloomington, WI (3.0 miles ), Little Grant, WI (3.0 miles ), Wyalusing, WI (3.1 miles ).
Latitude: 43.01 N, Longitude: 90.94 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 608
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (20%)
- Construction (18%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Machinery (5%)
- Farm supplies merchant wholesalers (5%)
- Repair and maintenance (5%)
- Educational services (22%)
- Transportation equipment (12%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (10%)
- Electrical equipment, appliances, and components (7%)
- Wood products (5%)
- Nonmetallic mineral products (5%)
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (5%)
- Fishing and hunting, and forest and logging workers (11%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (11%)
- Farmers and farm managers (9%)
- Carpenters (7%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (5%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (17%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (15%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (12%)
- Farmers and farm managers (10%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (10%)
- Special education teachers (7%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
Average climate in Millville, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Millville-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Wisconsin state average. It is 56% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/30/1954, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 16.4 miles away from the Millville town center .
On 4/11/1965, a category F4 tornado 26.0 miles away from the town center killed one person and injured 3 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Millville-area historical earthquake activity is above Wisconsin state average. It is 87% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 353.8 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 149.9 miles away from Millville center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 331.0 miles away from the city center
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB) earthquake occurred 312.0 miles away from the city center
On 9/2/1999 at 16:17:29, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 118.0 miles away from Millville center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 385.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Grant County (17) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 15
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 14, Storms: 12, Tornadoes: 7, Winds: 2, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Clifford D. Simak - Newspaper editor.
Hospitals and medical centers near Millville:
- PRAIRIE MAISON (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, WI)
- PRAIRIE DU CHIEN MEM HSPTL Critical Access Hospitals (about 11 miles away; PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, WI)
- GUNDERSEN LUTHERAN RENAL DIALYSIS - PRAIRIE DU CHIEN (Dialysis Facility, about 11 miles away; PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, WI)
- GREAT RIVER CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; MC GREGOR, IA)
- GOOD SAMARITAN SOCIETY-FENNIMORE (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; FENNIMORE, WI)
- BOSCOBEL CARE AND REHAB (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; BOSCOBEL, WI)
- BOSCOBEL AREA HEALTH CARE Critical Access Hospitals (about 15 miles away; BOSCOBEL, WI)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Millville:
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville (about 30 miles; Platteville, WI; Full-time enrollment: 7,679)
- Upper Iowa University (about 46 miles; Fayette, IA; FT enrollment: 5,275)
- Northeast Iowa Community College-Calmar (about 49 miles; Calmar, IA; FT enrollment: 3,365)
- Luther College (about 49 miles; Decorah, IA; FT enrollment: 2,700)
- Viterbo University (about 57 miles; La Crosse, WI; FT enrollment: 2,848)
- University of Wisconsin-La Crosse (about 58 miles; La Crosse, WI; FT enrollment: 9,837)
- Western Technical College (about 58 miles; La Crosse, WI; FT enrollment: 3,377)
Creeks: Millville Creek (A), Warner Creek (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Millville: Adiantum Woods State Natural Area (1). Display/hide its location on the map
|This town:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Millville town (based on Grant County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Grant County:||2.44 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Grant County:||5.29 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.97 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
4.99% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($31,518 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Dane County, WI||0.47% ($35,409 average AGI)|
|from Iowa County, WI||0.41% ($17,143)|
|from Lafayette County, WI||0.39% ($25,562)|
5.40% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,907 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Millville:
- WPRE (980 AM; 1 kW; PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, WI; Owner: ROBINSON CORPORATION)
- KXEL (1540 AM; 50 kW; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: KXEL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WKTY (580 AM; 5 kW; LA CROSSE, WI; Owner: FAMILY RADIO, INC.)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- KDTH (1370 AM; 5 kW; DUBUQUE, IA; Owner: RADIO DUBUQUE, INC.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WHO (1040 AM; 50 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
Strongest FM radio stations in Millville:
- WQPC (94.3 FM; PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, WI; Owner: ROBINSON CORPORATION)
- WGLR-FM (97.7 FM; LANCASTER, WI; Owner: QUEENB RADIO WISCONSIN, INC.)
- KOEL-FM (92.3 FM; OELWEIN, IA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KATF (92.9 FM; DUBUQUE, IA; Owner: RADIO DUBUQUE, INC.)
- WHHI (91.3 FM; HIGHLAND, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WJTY (88.1 FM; LANCASTER, WI; Owner: JOY PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORP.)
- KCTN (100.1 FM; GARNAVILLO, IA; Owner: DESIGN HOMES, INC.)
- KNEI-FM (103.5 FM; WAUKON, IA; Owner: WENNES COMMUNICATIONS STATIONS, INC.)
- KIYX (106.1 FM; SAGEVILLE, IA; Owner: QUEENB RADIO WISCONSIN, INC.)
- WPVL-FM (107.1 FM; PLATTEVILLE, WI; Owner: QUEENB RADIO WISCONSIN, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Millville:
- W22CI (Channel 22; BLOOMINGTON, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- KFXB (Channel 40; DUBUQUE, IA; Owner: DUBUQUE TV LTD. PARTNERSHIP)
- K41AD (Channel 41; LANSING, IA; Owner: IOWA PUBLIC BROADCASTING BOARD)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 9Number of bridges
- 14m46ftTotal length
- 1,260Total average daily traffic
- 1,107Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:1
- Call Sign: W9RYH, Previous Call Sign: KB9RYH, Licensee ID: L00182112, Grant Date: 02/09/2010, Expiration Date: 02/09/2020, Certifier: Lucas J Kuntz, Registrant: Lucas J Kuntz, 10052 County Road C, Millville, WI 53827
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (50%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (22%)
- Wood (19%)
- Electricity (6%)
- Utility gas (3%)
Millville compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.