Modena: The original Modena Hotel
Modena: Beauty lies on the edge of town
Modena: Downtown Modena
Modena: Lindstrom Equipment, the best equipment dealer in town.
Modena: Modena Feed Mill
Submit your own pictures of this town and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||45.2 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54756.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $25,379 (it was $16,142 in 2000)
Modena town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $167,575 (it was $90,500 in 2000)
Races in Modena, WI (2010)
- 34196.3%White alone
- 30.8%Black alone
- 20.6%Two or more races
- 10.3%Asian alone
Latest news from Modena, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Norwegian (56.6%), German (46.5%), Swiss (8.2%), Polish (6.6%), English (5.7%), Irish (4.7%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 805 feet
Land area: 36.1 square miles.
Population density: 9.8 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Modena:
- High school or higher: 81.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 9.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.2%
- Unemployed: 2.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 24.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Modena town:
- Never married: 16.9%
- Now married: 65.8%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 6.7%
- Divorced: 10.6%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Modena town:||0.6% ($560)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Eau Claire, WI (29.5 miles , pop. 61,704).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Paul, MN (72.1 miles , pop. 287,151).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (276.6 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Gilmanton, WI (2.5 miles ), Canton, WI (2.6 miles ), Nelson, WI (3.0 miles ), Alma, WI (3.1 miles ), Maxville, WI (3.3 miles ), Mondovi, WI (3.3 miles ), Wabasha, MN (3.4 miles ), Montana, WI (3.5 miles ).
Latitude: 44.46 N, Longitude: 91.82 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 715
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (17%)
- Construction (10%)
- Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers (10%)
- Machinery, equipment, and supplies merchant wholesalers (6%)
- Food (5%)
- Machinery (5%)
- Food and beverage stores (5%)
- Health care (18%)
- Educational services (16%)
- Finance and insurance (9%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (7%)
- Food and beverage stores (6%)
- Broadcasting and telecommunications (6%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Farmers and farm managers (13%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (13%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (9%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (9%)
- Other construction workers and helpers (6%)
- Business operations specialists (5%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (10%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (9%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (7%)
- Health technologists and technicians (7%)
- Customer service representatives (6%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (6%)
- Therapists (4%)
Average climate in Modena, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Modena-area historical tornado activity is near Wisconsin state average. It is 16% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/4/1958, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 39.3 miles away from the Modena town center killed 21 people and injured 74 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 5/15/1998, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 7.7 miles away from the town center injured 6 people and caused $120,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Modena-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Wisconsin state average. It is 88% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 222.3 miles away from the city center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 233.9 miles away from Modena center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 254.8 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 462.8 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 439.8 miles away from Modena center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 375.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Buffalo County (12) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 10
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 9, Storms: 7, Tornadoes: 5, Heavy Rains: 2, Drought: 1, Flash Flood: 1, Hurricane: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Modena:
- BUFFALO MEMORIAL HOSPITAL INC (Hospital, about 12 miles away; MONDOVI, WI)
- AMERICAN LUTHERAN HOME MONDOVI (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; MONDOVI, WI)
- WABASHA COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICES (Home Health Center, about 12 miles away; WABASHA, MN)
- ST ELIZABETH HOME HEALTH CARE (Home Health Center, about 13 miles away; WABASHA, MN)
- ST ELIZABETH'S HEALTH CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; WABASHA, MN)
- MAYO DIALYSIS - WABASHA (Dialysis Facility, about 13 miles away; WABASHA, MN)
- ST ELIZABETH HOSPITAL (Hospital, about 13 miles away; WABASHA, MN)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Modena:
- Chippewa Valley Technical College (about 29 miles; Eau Claire, WI; Full-time enrollment: 4,038)
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (about 29 miles; Eau Claire, WI; FT enrollment: 10,143)
- Saint Mary's University of Minnesota (about 30 miles; Winona, MN; FT enrollment: 4,022)
- Winona State University (about 30 miles; Winona, MN; FT enrollment: 8,397)
- University of Wisconsin-Stout (about 31 miles; Menomonie, WI; FT enrollment: 8,120)
- Rochester Community and Technical College (about 43 miles; Rochester, MN; FT enrollment: 4,444)
- University of Wisconsin-River Falls (about 48 miles; River Falls, WI; FT enrollment: 5,868)
Notable location: Klopp Farm (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Modena include: Modena Lutheran Church (A), Saint Paul Church (B), Lyster Church (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Modena Cemetery (1), Church Valley Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creek: Tamarack Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
|This town:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Modena town (based on Buffalo County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Buffalo County:||2.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Buffalo County:||5.79 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||13.02 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
5.02% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($32,131 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Winona County, MN||0.73% ($29,976 average AGI)|
|from Eau Claire County, WI||0.73% ($28,390)|
|from Trempealeau County, WI||0.62% ($28,571)|
5.26% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,726 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Modena:
- WMEQ (880 AM; 10 kW; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WQOQ (1430 AM; 2 kW; DURAND, WI; Owner: ZOE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- KMFX (1190 AM; daytime; 1 kW; WABASHA, MN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KFAN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KSTP (1500 AM; 50 kW; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: KSTP-AM, LLC (DELAWARE))
- WAYY (790 AM; 5 kW; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- KTIS (900 AM; 25 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: NORTHWESTERN COLLEGE)
- WDGY (630 AM; 8 kW; HUDSON, WI; Owner: 630 RADIO, INCORPORATED)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- KOLM (1520 AM; 10 kW; ROCHESTER, MN; Owner: OLMSTED COUNTY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Modena:
- WDMO (95.9 FM; DURAND, WI; Owner: ZOE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KMFX-FM (102.5 FM; LAKE CITY, MN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WAXX (104.5 FM; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- KWNG (105.9 FM; RED WING, MN; Owner: SORENSON BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KNXR (97.5 FM; ROCHESTER, MN; Owner: UNITED AUDIO CORPORATION)
- WHWC (88.3 FM; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- KLSE-FM (91.7 FM; ROCHESTER, MN; Owner: MINNESOTA PUBLIC RADIO)
- KHME (101.1 FM; WINONA, MN; Owner: KAGE, INC.)
- WUEC (89.7 FM; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: BOARD OF REGENTS, UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN SYSTEM)
- KZSE (90.7 FM; ROCHESTER, MN; Owner: MINNESOTA PUBLIC RADIO)
- KQAL (89.5 FM; WINONA, MN; Owner: WINONA STATE UNIVERSITY)
- KLCH (94.9 FM; LAKE CITY, MN; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KAGE-FM (95.3 FM; WINONA, MN; Owner: KAGE, INC.)
- WBIZ-FM (100.7 FM; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- W211AY (90.1 FM; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- WHTL-FM (102.3 FM; WHITEHALL, WI; Owner: THE WHTL GROUP, L.L.C.)
TV broadcast stations around Modena:
- WKBT (Channel 8; LA CROSSE, WI; Owner: QUEENB TELEVISION, LLC)
- WEAU-TV (Channel 13; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: WEAU LICENSEE CORP.)
- WQOW-TV (Channel 18; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: WXOW-WQOW TELEVISION, INC.)
- K57CN (Channel 57; WABASHA, MN; Owner: HUBBARD BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WHWC-TV (Channel 28; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- KXLT-TV (Channel 47; ROCHESTER, MN; Owner: SHOCKLEY BROADCASTING, LLC)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 15Number of bridges
- 25m82ftTotal length
- $168,000Total costs
- 2,575Total average daily traffic
- 146Total average daily truck traffic
- 4,110Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (43%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (38%)
- Wood (10%)
- Electricity (9%)
Modena compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.