We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||40.5 years|
|Alabama median age:||39.0 years|
Zip codes: 36460.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $16,478 (it was $17,070 in 2000)
Monroeville city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $112,140 (it was $74,100 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $110,262; Detached houses: $118,739; Mobile homes: $23,028
Median gross rent in 2016: $507.
Races in Monroeville, AL (2010)
- 3,62355.6%Black alone
- 2,72641.8%White alone
- 741.1%Two or more races
- 210.3%American Indian alone
- 190.3%Asian alone
- 50.08%Other race alone
|Alabama is the third poorest state (127 replies)|
|Fast Food Workers Demand Higher Wages (155 replies)|
|from california to selma, good/bad idea? (50 replies)|
|Retiring this summer to Al. (15 replies)|
|Movies and shows that were filmed in Alabama. (42 replies)|
|Brewton to work/ where to live? (16 replies)|
Latest news from Monroeville, AL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (7.2%), English (4.9%), Irish (3.3%), Scotch-Irish (2.2%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 418 feet
Land area: 13.1 square miles.
Population density: 474 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Monroeville:
- High school or higher: 84.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.9%
- Unemployed: 7.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 17.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Monroeville city:
- Never married: 38.5%
- Now married: 37.3%
- Separated: 2.2%
- Widowed: 10.6%
- Divorced: 11.4%
20 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Alabama and other state lists there were 25 registered sex offenders living in Monroeville, Alabama as of June 18, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Monroeville to the number of sex offenders is 249 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $427 (0.3%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $302 (0.3%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Mobile, AL (74.0 miles , pop. 198,915).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Montgomery, AL (84.8 miles , pop. 201,568).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Houston, TX (494.4 miles , pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: Peterman, AL (2.5 miles ), Excel, AL (2.5 miles ), Frisco City, AL (2.7 miles ), Repton, AL (3.0 miles ), Megargel, AL (3.4 miles) , Beatrice, AL (4.1 miles ), Lyeffion, AL (4.5 miles ), Uriah, AL (4.6 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 9 buildings, average cost: $68,200
- 1998: 8 buildings, average cost: $99,100
- 1999: 6 buildings, average cost: $107,500
- 2000: 11 buildings, average cost: $118,900
- 2001: 5 buildings, average cost: $79,900
- 2002: 4 buildings, average cost: $98,500
- 2003: 11 buildings, average cost: $126,700
- 2004: 4 buildings, average cost: $184,300
- 2005: 2 buildings, average cost: $239,500
- 2006: 6 buildings, average cost: $214,200
- 2007: 4 buildings, average cost: $147,100
- 2008: 3 buildings, average cost: $87,300
- 2009: 1 building, cost: $190,000
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $254,900
- 2012: 2 buildings, average cost: $175,000
- 2013: 3 buildings, average cost: $105,500
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 31.52 N, Longitude: 87.33 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +2,287 (+36.7%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,104 (63.3%)
Area code: 251
|Crime rates in Monroeville by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 278.1)||656.7||633.8||706.8||691.4||642.2||749.9||625.8||786.9||628.9||750.9||573.9||458.5||442.8|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Monroeville detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||3.92|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -205 (-2.9%).
- Manufacturing (28%)
- Public administration (19%)
- Retail trade (11%)
- Transportation and warehousing (9%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (9%)
- Construction (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (4%)
- Retail trade (20%)
- Educational services (15%)
- Accommodation and food services (14%)
- Health care and social assistance (14%)
- Public administration (11%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (5%)
- Transportation and warehousing (5%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (16%)
- Material moving occupations (13%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (12%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (11%)
- Management occupations (8%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (8%)
- Production occupations (8%)
- Sales and related occupations (22%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (15%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (11%)
- Management occupations (11%)
- Personal care and service occupations (9%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Health technologists and technicians (6%)
Average climate in Monroeville, Alabama
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Monroeville-area historical tornado activity is below Alabama state average. It is 27% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/23/1971, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 2.0 miles away from the Monroeville city center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 4/18/1978, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 5.1 miles away from the city center injured 30 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Monroeville-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Alabama state average. It is 83% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/24/1997 at 08:35:17, a magnitude 4.9 (4.8 MB, 4.2 MS, 4.9 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 27.5 miles away from the city center
On 1/18/1999 at 07:00:53, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 130.6 miles away from Monroeville center
On 9/10/2006 at 14:56:08, a magnitude 5.9 (5.9 MB, 5.5 MS, 5.8 MW, Depth: 8.7 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 366.8 miles away from the city center
On 11/7/2004 at 11:20:21, a magnitude 4.4 (4.4 MB, 4.3 MW, 4.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 85.9 miles away from the city center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 228.2 miles away from Monroeville center
On 6/24/1975 at 11:11:36, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 155.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Monroe County (17) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 6
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 9, Storms: 6, Floods: 5, Tornadoes: 5, Winds: 3, Drought: 1, Snowfall: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Bill Selby - Baseball player, Chris Booker - 2005 Major League Baseball player (Cincinnati Reds, born: Dec 9, 1976), Cynthia Tucker - Journalist, Harper Lee - (born 1926), To Kill a Mockingbird, Marie Rudisill - Television personality, Mark Childress - Novelist, Chris Booker (baseball) - Baseball player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Monroeville:
- ASERACARE HOSPICE-MONROEVILLE (1970 HWY 21 BYPASS)
- MONROE COUNTY HOSPITAL (Government - Local, 2016 SOUTH ALABAMA AVENUE, BOX 886)
- ENGLEWOOD HEALTH CARE CENTER (2046 SOUTH ALABAMA AVE)
- MONROE MANOR NURSING HOME, LLC (236 WEST CLAIBORNE STREET)
- FMC MONROEVILLE (WHETSTONE) (676 S ALABAMA AVE)
- AMEDISYS HOME HEALTH OF MONROEVILLE (15 MAYFIELD STREET)
- MONROE CO HOSP PROGRESSIVE HOM (DR WOODROW EDDINS MED DR-P.O. 886)
- MONROE COUNTY HOME CARE (416 AGRICULTURE DRIVE)
Airports and heliports located in Monroeville:
- Monroe County Airport (MVC) (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 16,600, Local Ops: 2,500, Military Ops: 1,000)
- Monroe County Hospital Heliport (1AL6)
College/University in Monroeville:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Monroeville:
- James H Faulkner State Community College (about 54 miles; Bay Minette, AL; Full-time enrollment: 3,703)
- The University of West Florida (about 68 miles; Pensacola, FL; FT enrollment: 10,240)
- Bishop State Community College (about 72 miles; Mobile, AL; FT enrollment: 2,822)
- Pensacola State College (about 73 miles; Pensacola, FL; FT enrollment: 8,740)
- University of South Alabama (about 77 miles; Mobile, AL; FT enrollment: 13,228)
- Troy University (about 84 miles; Troy, AL; FT enrollment: 16,148)
- Alabama State University (about 85 miles; Montgomery, AL; FT enrollment: 5,457)
Public high schools in Monroeville:
- MONROE CO HIGH SCH (Students: 574, Location: 212 TIGER DR, Grades: 9-12)
- C P CARMICHAEL ALT SCH (Location: 1323 VETERANS DRIVE, Grades: KG-12)
- MONROE CO CAREER/TECH CTR (Location: 230 TIGER DR, Grades: 9-12)
Private high school in Monroeville:
Public elementary/middle schools in Monroeville:
Notable locations in Monroeville: Auburn University of Agricultural Experiment Station (A), City of Monroeville Industrial Park (B), Vanity Fair Golf and Tennis Club (C), Monroeville Fire Rescue Station 3 (D), Monroe County Coliseum (E), Monroe County Courthouse (F), Monroe County Heritage Museum (G), Monroe County Public Library (H), Monroeville City Hall (I), Monroeville Community House (J), Monroeville Fire Rescue Station 1 (K), Monroeville Fire Rescue Station 2 (L), Monroe Manor Nursing Home (M), The Meadows of Monroeville Nursing Home (N). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Centers: Village Plaza Shopping Center (1), Vanity Fair Factory Outlet Shopping Center (2), Monroeville Shopping Center (3), Monroeville Plaza Shopping Center (4), Monroeville Factory Stores Shopping Center (5), Monroe Square Shopping Center (6). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Monroeville include: Monroeville Presbyterian Church (A), First United Methodist Church (B), First Baptist Church (C), Eastwood Baptist Church (D), First Presbyterian Church (E), Hopewell Christian Methodist Episcopal Church (F), Monroeville Church of the Nazarene (G), Morning Star Baptist Church (H), Saint Johns Episcopal Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Bethel Cemetery (1), Hillcrest Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoir: Vanity Fair Lake (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Parks in Monroeville include: Clausell Park (1), Whitley Lee Park (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotels: Travel Inn (496 Highway 136 West), Monroeville Inn (1749 South Alabama Avenue), Royal Inn (3236 South Alabama Avenue), Knights Inn (50 Highway 21 South), Monroeville-Days Inn (RR 3 Box 195), Days Inn (4389 South Alabama Avenue), Best Western Inn (4419 South Alabama Avenue), Sunset Motel (497 Highway 136 West), Budget Inn (484 South Alabama Avenue).
Courts: Monroe County - District Judge- Court Reporter (Courthouse), U S Government - Federal Bureau of Investigation (Brewton Al), Federal Bureau Of Investigations (65 Pineville Road), Monroeville City - Municipal Court (57 South Mount Pleasant Avenue).
(6.8% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 56.5% for Black residents, 100.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents)
|This city:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
People in group quarters in Monroeville in 2010:
- 161 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 55 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 14 people in group homes intended for adults
47 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups) in 2000
Banks with branches in Monroeville (2011 data):
- BankTrust: The Monroe County Bank/Branch at 60 Hines Street, branch established on 1904/01/01; South Monroeville Branch at Whetstone And South Alabama Avenue, branch established on 1985/01/23. Info updated 2012/01/30: Bank assets: $2,083.8 mil, Deposits: $1,812.7 mil, headquarters in Mobile, AL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 50 total offices, Holding Company: Banctrust Financial Group, Inc.
- Peoples Exchange Bank of Monroe County: Peoples Exchange Bank Of Monroe Coun at 2013 Highway 21 Bypass, branch established on 1907/08/23. Info updated 2011/06/09: Bank assets: $62.6 mil, Deposits: $53.6 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: Peoples Exchange Bancshares, Inc.
- Woodforest National Bank: Monroeville Branch at 3371 South Alabama Avenue, branch established on 2009/03/18. Info updated 2011/05/10: Bank assets: $3,488.9 mil, Deposits: $3,097.6 mil, headquarters in Houston, TX, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 766 total offices, Holding Company: Woodforest Financial Group Employee Stock Ownership Plan (With 401(K) Provisions) (Amended And
- Regions Bank: Monroeville Branch at 1805 South Alabama Avenue, branch established on 1968/07/24. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $123,368.2 mil, Deposits: $98,301.3 mil, headquarters in Birmingham, AL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1778 total offices, Holding Company: Regions Financial Corporation
- Cadence Bank, N.A.: Monroeville Branch at 780 South Alabama Avenue, branch established on 1987/07/01. Info updated 2011/12/14: Bank assets: $3,909.7 mil, Deposits: $3,124.0 mil, headquarters in Birmingham, AL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 112 total offices, Holding Company: Cadence Bancorp Llc
- United Bank: Monroeville Branch at 1588 S. Alabama Avenue, branch established on 1983/01/07. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $446.4 mil, Deposits: $395.5 mil, headquarters in Atmore, AL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 18 total offices, Holding Company: United Bancorporation Of Alabama, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Monroeville city (based on Monroe County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Monroe County:||3.96 / 10,000 pop.|
|Alabama:||1.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|Monroe County:||0.44 / 10,000 pop.|
|Alabama:||0.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|Monroe County:||4.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||3.96 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Monroeville, AL Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||7||$7,300||$12,514||0||$0|
|Judicial and Legal||2||$5,485||$32,910||1||$288|
|Police Protection - Officers||20||$72,810||$43,686||1||$1,858|
|Streets and Highways||13||$27,457||$25,345||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||6||$8,955||$17,910||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||72||$184,875||$30,813||2||$2,146|
Monroeville government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Regular Highways: $685,000 ($110.68)
Police Protection: $605,000 ($97.75)
Solid Waste Management: $507,000 ($81.92)
Sewerage: $473,000 ($76.43)
Financial Administration: $463,000 ($74.81)
General - Other: $257,000 ($41.53)
Fire Protection: $194,000 ($31.35)
Parks & Recreation: $184,000 ($29.73)
Judicial and Legal Services: $172,000 ($27.79)
Central Staff Services: $111,000 ($17.94)
General Public Buildings: $39,000 ($6.30)
Welfare - Other: $21,000 ($3.39)
Health Services - Other: $18,000 ($2.91)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - Elementary and Secondary Education: $51,000 ($8.24)
Libraries: $8,000 ($1.29)
General: $1,000 ($0.16)
- Intergovernmental to State - General: $2,000 ($0.32)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $1,686,000 ($272.42)
Monroeville government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $528,000 ($85.31)
Sewerage: $513,000 ($82.89)
All Other: $112,000 ($18.10)
Parks & Recreation: $65,000 ($10.50)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $557,000 ($90.00)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $640,000 ($103.41)
Interest Earnings: $47,000 ($7.59)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $115,000 ($18.58)
General Support: $95,000 ($15.35)
- Tax - Total General Sales: $1,832,000 ($296.01)
NEC: $545,000 ($88.06)
Property: $502,000 ($81.11)
Motor Fuels Sales: $79,000 ($12.76)
Tobacco Sales: $38,000 ($6.14)
Motor Vehicle License: $17,000 ($2.75)
Monroeville government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $2,775,000 ($448.38)
4.17% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($29,930 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Escambia County, AL||0.40% ($28,966 average AGI)|
|from Mobile County, AL||0.40% ($24,897)|
|from Conecuh County, AL||0.36% ($23,308)|
5.28% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($43,034 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Monroeville:
- WYNI (930 AM; 5 kW; MONROEVILLE, AL; Owner: MCKISSICK ENTERPRISES)
- WMFC (1360 AM; daytime; 1 kW; MONROEVILLE, AL; Owner: MONROE BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WASG (550 AM; 25 kW; ATMORE, AL; Owner: 550 AM, INC)
- WEBY (1330 AM; 25 kW; MILTON, FL; Owner: SPINNAKER LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WJOX (690 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBCA (1110 AM; daytime; 10 kW; BAY MINETTE, AL; Owner: SOUTHERN MEDIA COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WSJC (810 AM; 50 kW; MAGEE, MS; Owner: FAMILY TALK RADIO)
- WDLT (660 AM; 10 kW; FAIRHOPE, AL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WNTM (710 AM; 10 kW; MOBILE, AL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WDJC (850 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WBHY (840 AM; daytime; 10 kW; MOBILE, AL; Owner: GOFORTH MEDIA, INC.)
- WAPI (1070 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WNVY (1090 AM; daytime; 10 kW; CANTONMENT, FL; Owner: 1090-AM INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Monroeville:
- WMFC-FM (99.3 FM; MONROEVILLE, AL; Owner: MONROE BROACASTING CO., INC.)
- WFNU (101.1 FM; REPTON, AL; Owner: BRANTLEY BROADCAST ASSOCIATES)
- WPGG (93.3 FM; EVERGREEN, AL; Owner: GULF COAST BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC)
- WHNB (94.5 FM; JACKSON, AL; Owner: CAPITAL ASSETS, INC.)
- WELJ (90.9 FM; BREWTON, AL; Owner: GATEWAY PUBLIC RADIO)
- WGCX (95.7 FM; NAVARRE, FL; Owner: 550 AM, INC)
- WJDB-FM (95.5 FM; THOMASVILLE, AL; Owner: GRIFFIN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
TV broadcast stations around Monroeville:
- WAKA (Channel 8; SELMA, AL; Owner: ALABAMA BROADCASTING PARTNERS)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 3Number of bridges
- 3m10ftTotal length
- $4,319,000Total costs
- 4,691Total average daily traffic
- 583Total average daily truck traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 68 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Monroeville, AL)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 20 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 14 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 5 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 36 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Monroeville)
FAA Registered Aircraft Manufacturers and Dealers: 2 (See the full list of FAA Registered Manufacturers and Dealers in Monroeville)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 22 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Monroeville and their reported violations in the past:MONROEVILLE (WATER WORKS BD. OF CITY OF) (Population served: 9,600, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- Follow-up Or Routine LCR Tap M/R - In OCT-11-2007, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (AUG-08-2008)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 4
- Hazardous Condition: 2
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Monroeville, Alabama:
- Monroeville Inn, 1750 S Alabama Ave, Monroeville, Alabama 36460 , Phone: (251) 575-3312, Fax: (251) 575-7780
- America's Best Value Inn, 50 Hwy 21 S, Monroeville, Alabama 36460 , Phone: (251) 743-3154, Fax: (251) 575-7876
- Country Inn & Suites, 120 Hwy 21 S, Monroeville, Alabama 36460 , Phone: (251) 743-3333, Fax: (251) 743-3154
|Most common first names in Monroeville, AL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Monroeville, AL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (83%)
- Utility gas (17%)
|Businesses in Monroeville, AL|
|Ace Hardware||1||Lane Furniture||1|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||McDonald's||1|
|Best Western||1||Rite Aid||1|
|Church's Chicken||1||True Value||1|
Monroeville compared to Alabama state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Monroeville on our top lists:
- #20 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Transportation occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #20 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most people driving a car to work alone (population 5,000+)"
- #22 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Sales and related occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #36 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most people below the poverty level, excluding cities with 15% or more of residents in college and with the median age below 28 (population 5,000+)"
- #36 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Law enforcement workers including supervisors (population 5,000+)"
- #40 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in industries: Transportation and warehousing (population 5,000+)"
- #51 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest percentage of English-only speaking households, population 5,000+"
- #85 on the list of "Top 100 least-safe cities (highest city-data.com crime index) (pop. 5,000+)"
- #86 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of assaults per 100,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"
- #96 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in industries: Manufacturing (population 5,000+)"
Total of 2 patent applications in 2008-2018.