Monticello: Wabash Depot
Monticello: Piatt County Courthouse
Monticello: Courthouse viewed from Rotary Park
Monticello: Robert Allerton Mansionn
Monticello: Water tower near city building
Monticello: Dedication of Veterans Memorial on SW corner of Courthouse square Monticello, IL in 2004
Monticello: Allerton Library
Monticello: Square Parterre - at Allerton Park
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||43.3 years|
|Illinois median age:||37.7 years|
Zip codes: 61856.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $37,505 (it was $23,257 in 2000)
Monticello city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $162,146 (it was $96,800 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2015: $861.
Races in Monticello, IL (2010)
- 5,37997.0%White alone
- 520.9%Two or more races
- 310.6%Asian alone
- 260.5%Black alone
- 70.1%American Indian alone
- 20.04%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
- 10.02%Other race alone
Latest news from Monticello, IL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (24.2%), American (20.3%), English (12.1%), Irish (10.0%), Scottish (3.0%), European (2.6%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 01/23/1873
Elevation: 675 feet
Land area: 2.98 square miles.
Population density: 1,852 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Monticello:
- High school or higher: 96.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 38.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 16.4%
- Unemployed: 3.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 19.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Monticello city:
- Never married: 17.4%
- Now married: 65.3%
- Separated: 0.4%
- Widowed: 6.0%
- Divorced: 11.0%
20 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Illinois and other state lists there were 7 registered sex offenders living in Monticello, Illinois as of December 16, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Monticello to the number of sex offenders is 780 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $2,990 (1.8%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $2,112 (1.4%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Champaign, IL (17.5 miles , pop. 67,518).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Indianapolis, IN (129.7 miles , pop. 781,870).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (133.8 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: White Heath, IL (2.3 miles ), Bement, IL (2.7 miles ), De Land, IL (2.7 miles ), Cisco, IL (2.9 miles ), Ivesdale, IL (2.9 miles ), Seymour, IL (3.1 miles ), Weldon, IL (3.4 miles ), Bondville, IL (3.5 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 18 buildings, average cost: $130,400
- 1998: 8 buildings, average cost: $139,900
- 1999: 9 buildings, average cost: $123,600
- 2000: 25 buildings, average cost: $176,700
- 2001: 28 buildings, average cost: $147,300
- 2002: 19 buildings, average cost: $164,000
- 2003: 27 buildings, average cost: $157,900
- 2004: 33 buildings, average cost: $162,800
- 2005: 58 buildings, average cost: $176,800
- 2006: 30 buildings, average cost: $206,500
- 2007: 34 buildings, average cost: $221,600
- 2008: 13 buildings, average cost: $226,800
- 2009: 8 buildings, average cost: $306,000
- 2010: 8 buildings, average cost: $242,600
- 2011: 5 buildings, average cost: $231,000
- 2012: 8 buildings, average cost: $203,800
- 2013: 10 buildings, average cost: $183,000
- 2014: 9 buildings, average cost: $278,300
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 40.03 N, Longitude: 88.57 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: -496 (-9.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,173 (41.6%)
Area code: 217
|Crime rates in Monticello by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 290.4)||72.1||48.0||47.9||95.7||78.9||77.7||72.8||82.6||109.7||113.1||90.0||68.9||61.3||43.6|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Monticello detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.27|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +361 (+7.6%).
- Manufacturing (18%)
- Public administration (12%)
- Educational services (12%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Construction (9%)
- Transportation and warehousing (9%)
- Health care and social assistance (6%)
- Educational services (31%)
- Health care and social assistance (20%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Finance and insurance (9%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (7%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Transportation and warehousing (4%)
- Management occupations (13%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (10%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (10%)
- Production occupations (8%)
- Sales and related occupations (8%)
- Transportation occupations (7%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (7%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (29%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (19%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (13%)
- Management occupations (10%)
- Sales and related occupations (7%)
- Health technologists and technicians (5%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (3%)
Average climate in Monticello, Illinois
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Monticello-area historical tornado activity is near Illinois state average. It is 85% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/20/1976, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 19.8 miles away from the Monticello city center injured 18 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 4/22/1963, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 10.8 miles away from the city center injured 5 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Monticello-area historical earthquake activity is near Illinois state average. It is 82% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 115.1 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 91.2 miles away from Monticello center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 147.5 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 114.2 miles away from the city center
On 4/3/1974 at 23:05:02, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG) earthquake occurred 102.6 miles away from Monticello center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 204.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Piatt County (7) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 5
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 5, Floods: 3, Tornadoes: 2, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snow: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: George Nonte - Journalist, Harry Combes - Basketball player-coach, Robert C. Burke - Marine Corps Medal of Honor recipient.
Medal of Honor Recipients
Medal of Honor Recipient born in Monticello: Robert C. Burke.
Hospitals and medical centers in Monticello:
Airports and heliports located in Monticello:
- Piatt County Airport (2K0) (Runways: 1, Local Ops: 6,000)
- Norfleet Airport (1LL4) (Runways: 1)
- Kirby Medical Center Heliport (40LL)
Amtrak stations near Monticello:
- 16 miles: FARMER CITY (FRAMER CITY, BON AIR REST., 912 E. CLINTON ST.) - Bus Station . Services: public payphones, full-service food facilities.
- 19 miles: CHAMPAIGN-URBANA (CHAMPAIGN, 116 N. CHESTNUT ST.) . Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Monticello:
- Parkland College (about 17 miles; Champaign, IL; Full-time enrollment: 7,326)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (about 19 miles; Champaign, IL; FT enrollment: 47,528)
- Richland Community College (about 20 miles; Decatur, IL; FT enrollment: 2,434)
- Millikin University (about 25 miles; Decatur, IL; FT enrollment: 2,419)
- Illinois Wesleyan University (about 39 miles; Bloomington, IL; FT enrollment: 2,323)
- Illinois State University (about 40 miles; Normal, IL; FT enrollment: 18,804)
- Heartland Community College (about 43 miles; Normal, IL; FT enrollment: 3,958)
Public high school in Monticello:
- MONTICELLO HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 533, Location: 1 SAGE DR, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Monticello:
Private elementary/middle school in Monticello:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- The official website for Monticello, Illinois government is www.monticelloillinois.net
Notable locations in Monticello: Monticello Water Works (A), Piatt County Courthouse (B), Monticello City Hall (C), Allerton Public Library (D), Piatt County Jail (E), Mid Piatt Fire Protection District Monticello (F), Monticello Fire and Rescue (G), Monticello Fire and Rescue Training Facility (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Monticello include: Calvary Baptist Church (A), Church of Christ (B), Church of the Nazarene (C), First Baptist Church of Monticello (D), First Presbyterian Church (E), First United Methodist Church (F), Monticello Assembly of God Church (G), First Christian Church (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Haneline Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Hotels: Foster Inn (1414 North Market Street), Best Western Monticello Inn (805 Iron Horse Place).
Court: Hillside Court Cila (910 Hillside Court).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 60.7. This is better than average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 1.65. This is about average. Closest monitor was 10.7 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 27.7. This is about average. Closest monitor was 10.8 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 9.77. This is about average. Closest monitor was 10.7 miles away from the city center.
(5.8% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 30.0% for Black residents)
|This city:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
100 people in nursing homes in 2000
13 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups) in 2000
Banks with branches in Monticello (2011 data):
- First State Bank: Drive-In Facility at 201 West Main Street, branch established on 1972/02/02; at 201 West Main Street, branch established on 1945/11/10. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $229.1 mil, Deposits: $195.4 mil, local headquarters, positive income, 6 total offices, Holding Company: First State Bancorp Of Monticello, Inc. Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- FIRST MID-ILLINOIS BANK & TRUST, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION: Monticello Branch at 100 West Washington Street, branch established on 1945/09/10; Monticello Drive-Up Branch at 219 West Center Street, branch established on 1976/01/14. Info updated 2010/09/16: Bank assets: $1,492.8 mil, Deposits: $1,192.9 mil, headquarters in Mattoon, IL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 37 total offices, Holding Company: First Mid-Illinois Bancshares, Inc.
- CIBM Bank: Monticello Branch at 204 South Market Street, branch established on 1995/05/01. Info updated 2010/08/18: Bank assets: $500.2 mil, Deposits: $431.1 mil, headquarters in Champaign, IL, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 14 total offices, Holding Company: Cib Marine Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Monticello city (based on Piatt County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Piatt County:||2.43 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|Piatt County:||0.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||0.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Piatt County:||4.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Monticello, IL Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||4||$20,518||$61,554||30||$6,972|
|Police Protection - Officers||6||$25,956||$51,912||4||$3,089|
|Police - Other||1||$3,529||$42,348||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||8||$36,277||$54,416||1||$244|
|Parks and Recreation||2||$6,289||$37,734||1||$45|
|Other and Unallocable||0||$0||4||$452|
|Totals for Government||30||$132,144||$52,858||71||$17,786|
Monticello government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Housing & Community Development: $349,000 ($63.27)
Regular Highways: $143,000 ($25.92)
Fire Protection: $142,000 ($25.74)
Sewerage: $122,000 ($22.12)
Water Utilities: $38,000 ($6.89)
- Current Operations - Regular Highways: $593,000 ($107.51)
Financial Administration: $513,000 ($93.00)
Sewerage: $499,000 ($90.46)
Police Protection: $424,000 ($76.87)
Water Utilities: $410,000 ($74.33)
Parks & Recreation: $219,000 ($39.70)
Housing & Community Development: $167,000 ($30.28)
General - Other: $63,000 ($11.42)
Fire Protection: $60,000 ($10.88)
Solid Waste Management: $42,000 ($7.61)
General Public Buildings: $28,000 ($5.08)
- General - Interest on Debt: $27,000 ($4.89)
- Other Capital Outlay - Sewerage: $13,000 ($2.36)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $1,236,000 ($224.08)
Monticello government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $564,000 ($102.25)
Parks & Recreation: $113,000 ($20.49)
All Other: $102,000 ($18.49)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $305,000 ($55.29)
Interest Earnings: $61,000 ($11.06)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $557,000 ($100.98)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $1,913,000 ($346.81)
Highways: $150,000 ($27.19)
- Tax - Property: $335,000 ($60.73)
NEC: $103,000 ($18.67)
Monticello government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $445,000 ($80.67)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $120,000 ($21.75)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $110,000 ($19.94)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $215,000 ($38.98)
Monticello government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $2,996,000 ($543.15)
5.99% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($46,146 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Champaign County, IL||2.14% ($39,576 average AGI)|
|from Macon County, IL||0.93% ($37,381)|
|from Douglas County, IL||0.42% ($40,250)|
6.31% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($40,560 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Monticello:
- WILL (580 AM; 5 kW; URBANA, IL; Owner: UNIV. OF ILLINOIS BOARD OF TRUSTEES)
- WLS (890 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WLS, INC.)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- WYLL (1160 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: SCA LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WIBC (1070 AM; 50 kW; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WLBH (1170 AM; daytime; 5 kW; MATTOON, IL; Owner: MATTOON BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KMOX (1120 AM; 50 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMVP (1000 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WDWS (1400 AM; 1 kW; CHAMPAIGN, IL; Owner: D.W.S., INC.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Monticello:
- WCZQ (105.5 FM; MONTICELLO, IL; Owner: NM LICENSING, LLC)
- WILL-FM (90.9 FM; URBANA, IL; Owner: UNIV. OF ILLINOIS BOARD OF TRUSTEES)
- WLRW (94.5 FM; CHAMPAIGN, IL; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF ILLINOIS, LLC)
- WGKC (105.9 FM; MAHOMET, IL; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
- WQQB (96.1 FM; RANTOUL, IL; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
- WPCD (88.7 FM; CHAMPAIGN, IL; Owner: PARKLAND COLLEGE)
- WHMS-FM (97.5 FM; CHAMPAIGN, IL; Owner: D.W.S., INC.)
- WKIO (92.5 FM; URBANA, IL; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF ILLINOIS, LLC)
- WEFT (90.1 FM; CHAMPAIGN, IL; Owner: WEFT/PRAIRIE AIR, INC.)
- WIXY (100.3 FM; CHAMPAIGN, IL; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF ILLINOIS, LLC)
- WSOY-FM (102.9 FM; DECATUR, IL; Owner: NM LICENSING, LLC)
- WEBX (93.5 FM; TUSCOLA, IL; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
- WWHP (98.3 FM; FARMER CITY, IL; Owner: WMS1, INC.)
- WXFM-FM (99.3 FM; MOUNT ZION, IL; Owner: TECHNICOM, INC.)
- WBGL (91.7 FM; CHAMPAIGN, IL; Owner: ILLINOIS BIBLE INSTITUTE,INC)
- WDKR (107.3 FM; MAROA, IL; Owner: WDKR, INC.)
- WZNX (106.7 FM; SULLIVAN, IL; Owner: WSHY, INC.)
- WEVX (95.3 FM; RANTOUL, IL; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
- WGNN (102.5 FM; FISHER, IL; Owner: GOOD NEWS RADIO, INC)
- WPGU (107.1 FM; URBANA, IL; Owner: ILLINI MEDIA COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around Monticello:
- WCIA (Channel 3; CHAMPAIGN, IL; Owner: NEXSTAR BROADCASTING OF CHAMPAIGN, L.L.C.)
- WILL-TV (Channel 12; URBANA, IL; Owner: UNIV. OF ILLINOIS BD. OF TRUSTEES)
- WBUI (Channel 23; DECATUR, IL; Owner: ACME TV LICENSES OF ILLINOIS, LLC)
- WAND (Channel 17; DECATUR, IL; Owner: WAND(TV) PARTNERSHIP)
- W52BR (Channel 52; CHAMPAIGN-URBANA, IL; Owner: MARCIA COHEN)
- WICD (Channel 15; CHAMPAIGN, IL; Owner: WICD LICENSEE, LLC)
- W07DD (Channel 7; CHAMPAIGN, IL; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WRSP-TV (Channel 55; SPRINGFIELD, IL; Owner: SPRINGFIELD BROADCASTING PARTNERS)
- WICS (Channel 20; SPRINGFIELD, IL; Owner: WICS LICENSEE, LLC)
- W34CD (Channel 34; QUINCY, IL; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W58DA (Channel 58; CHAMPAIGN, IL; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- W32CM (Channel 32; CHAMPAIGN, IL; Owner: VENTANA TELEVISION, INC.)
- WBXC-CA (Channel 46; CHAMPAIGN/URBANA, IL; Owner: THE BOX WORLDWIDE LLC)
- W29BG (Channel 29; DECATUR, IL; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
Monticello fatal accident list:
Aug 4, 2000 10:32 PM, Sr-105, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
Oct 19, 1999 07:37 AM, Sr-47, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 4, Fatalities: 1
Nov 1, 1986 00:01 AM, Washington, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 12Number of bridges
- 74m243ftTotal length
- 70,650Total average daily traffic
- 12,055Total average daily truck traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 69 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 11 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Monticello, IL)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 15 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 67 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Monticello)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 13 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Monticello)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Monticello and their reported violations in the past:ROBERT ALLERTON PARK (Population served: 500, Groundwater):
Past health violations:LODGE CHURCH OF GOD (Population served: 110, Groundwater):
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - Between JAN-2007 and DEC-2007, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Site Visit (enforcement) (3 times from JUL-19-2007 to AUG-02-2007), St Compliance achieved (AUG-07-2007), St Site Visit (enforcement) (AUG-08-2007), St Violation/Reminder Notice (AUG-14-2007)
Past monitoring violations:OPEN HEARTS FOURSQUARE CHURCH (Population served: 75, Groundwater):
- One regular monitoring violation
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - Between JUL-2006 and SEP-2006, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (SEP-11-2006), St Site Visit (enforcement) (3 times from SEP-13-2006 to SEP-27-2006), St Compliance achieved (NOV-20-2006)
- One regular monitoring violation
Drinking water stations with addresses in Monticello that have no violations reported:
- MONTICELLO CAR WASH-PURE WATER (Population served: 25, Primary Water Source Type: Purch groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 20
|Most common first names in Monticello, IL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Monticello, IL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (80%)
- Electricity (18%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
|Businesses in Monticello, IL|
|Best Western||1||MasterBrand Cabinets||2|
Monticello compared to Illinois state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Monticello on our top lists:
- #54 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Community and social service occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #58 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Australia (population 500+)"
- #59 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the lowest number of thefts per 100,000 residents (population 5,000+)"
Total of 68 patent applications in 2008-2017.