Monticello: Flat Springs
Monticello: Lake Cumberland
Monticello: Mill Springs
Monticello: Zula Bridges
Monticello: The Doughboy
Monticello: Lake Cumberland
Monticello: Brown Lanier House at MillSprings
Monticello: Down at Mill Springs
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||38.3 years|
|Kentucky median age:||38.5 years|
Zip codes: 42633.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $14,338 (it was $11,855 in 2000)
Monticello city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $79,428 (it was $48,900 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $441.
Races in Monticello, KY (2010)
- 5,53489.4%White alone
- 1592.6%Black alone
- 621.0%Two or more races
- 150.2%American Indian alone
- 150.2%Asian alone
- 30.05%Other race alone
Latest news from Monticello, KY collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: United States (29.2%), Irish (16.5%), English (12.9%), German (11.1%), Scottish (3.2%), Norwegian (1.2%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 01/18/1810
Land area: 6.08 square miles.
Population density: 1,003 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Monticello:
- High school or higher: 66.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 8.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.8%
- Unemployed: 9.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 17.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Monticello city:
- Never married: 28.2%
- Now married: 42.9%
- Separated: 4.3%
- Widowed: 9.4%
- Divorced: 15.3%
248 residents are foreign born (3.8% Latin America).
According to our research of Kentucky and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Monticello, Kentucky as of July 28, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Monticello to the number of sex offenders is 6,188 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $600 (0.8%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $384 (0.5%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Knoxville, TN (78.3 miles , pop. 173,890).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Fayette, KY (84.7 miles , pop. 260,512).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (377.6 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Mill Springs, KY (2.7 miles ), Zula-Powersburg, KY (3.1 miles ), Gregory, KY (3.1 miles ), Coopersville, KY (3.1 miles ), Eli, KY (3.7 miles ), Cumberland City, KY (3.8 miles ), Nancy, KY (3.9 miles ), Jamestown, KY (4.0 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2007: 2 buildings, average cost: $46,300
Latitude: 36.84 N, Longitude: 84.85 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +2,514 (+40.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,486 (82.4%)
Area code: 606
|Crime rates in Monticello by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 268.4)||156.2||289.0||167.0||196.0||259.7||206.1||147.1||145.9|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Monticello detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.62|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +339 (+6.0%).
- Manufacturing (29%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (14%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Transportation and warehousing (7%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Educational services (18%)
- Accommodation and food services (17%)
- Retail trade (16%)
- Manufacturing (14%)
- Health care and social assistance (13%)
- Finance and insurance (4%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (4%)
- Production occupations (24%)
- Management occupations (11%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (11%)
- Sales and related occupations (8%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (8%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (7%)
- Transportation occupations (6%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (18%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (15%)
- Sales and related occupations (14%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (8%)
- Material moving occupations (7%)
- Personal care and service occupations (6%)
- Production occupations (5%)
Average climate in Monticello, Kentucky
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Monticello-area historical tornado activity is near Kentucky state average. It is 21% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/3/1974, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 7.7 miles away from the Monticello city center killed 10 people and injured 113 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 4/3/1974, a category F4 tornado 14.5 miles away from the city center killed 5 people and injured 6 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Monticello-area historical earthquake activity is near Kentucky state average. It is 77% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 106.8 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 200.2 miles away from Monticello center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 87.3 miles away from the city center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 179.5 miles away from the city center
On 9/7/1988 at 02:28:09, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG) earthquake occurred 104.8 miles away from Monticello center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 167.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Wayne County (12) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 10
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 6, Storms: 5, Tornadoes: 3, Winter Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Freeze: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Snow: 1, Snowfall: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Kevin Denney - Country singer, Shelby Moore Cullom - Politician, Whitey Bell - Basketball player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Monticello:
Airports and heliports located in Monticello:
- Wayne County Airport (EKQ) (Runways: 1, Air Taxi Ops: 760, Itinerant Ops: 4,800, Local Ops: 2,900, Military Ops: 180)
- Wayne County Hospital Heliport (30KY)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Monticello:
- Somerset Community College (about 20 miles; Somerset, KY; Full-time enrollment: 4,698)
- Lindsey Wilson College (about 31 miles; Columbia, KY; FT enrollment: 2,552)
- University of the Cumberlands (about 39 miles; Williamsburg, KY; FT enrollment: 3,585)
- Campbellsville University (about 45 miles; Campbellsville, KY; FT enrollment: 2,948)
- Tennessee Technological University (about 59 miles; Cookeville, TN; FT enrollment: 9,761)
- Roane State Community College (about 68 miles; Harriman, TN; FT enrollment: 4,302)
- Lincoln Memorial University (about 69 miles; Harrogate, TN; FT enrollment: 3,706)
Public high schools in Monticello:
- WAYNE COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 738, Location: 2 KENNY DAVIS BLVD, Grades: 9-12)
- LAKE CUMBERLAND YOUTH DEVELOPMENT CENTER (Location: 9000 HWY 1546, Grades: 8-12)
- OTTER CREEK ACADEMY (Location: 1442 OLD BETHEL CHURCH RD, Grades: 6-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Monticello:
Private elementary/middle school in Monticello:
Notable locations in Monticello: Monticello Volunteer Fire Department (A), Wayne County Emergency Medical Services (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Center: Tradeway Shopping Center (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Monticello include: Saint Peters Church (A), Wayne Freedom Baptist Association (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Frisby Cemetery (1), Benjamin F Coffey Cemetery (2), Alexander Cemetery (3), Elk Spring Cemetery (4). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Isbell Branch (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Hotels: Monticello Motel (254 North Main), Anchor Motel & Restaurant (North Main), Tiffany Inn Motel (East Highway 90), Hidden Valley Lodge (West Highway 92).
Court: Juvenile Justice (Main Street).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 52.1. This is significantly better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 28.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 22.3 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2005 was 19.7. This is about average. Closest monitor was 22.3 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 8.77. This is about average. Closest monitor was 22.3 miles away from the city center.
(34.4% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 100.0% for Black residents, 81.7% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 100.0% for Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islander residents, 81.8% for other race residents, 63.6% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
104 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities in 2010
People in group quarters in Monticello in 2000:
- 107 people in nursing homes
- 28 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 5 people in wards in general hospitals for patients who have no usual home elsewhere
Banks with branches in Monticello (2011 data):
- The Monticello Banking Company: at 50 North Main, Super Wal-Mart Branch, Downtown Branch, Tradeway Branch. Info updated 2010/11/02: Bank assets: $591.7 mil, Deposits: $535.7 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 12 total offices, Holding Company: Monticello Bankshares, Inc.
- First Southern National Bank: Town And Country Branch at 1195 North Main Street, branch established on 1975/04/07; Monticello Branch at 100 North Main Street, branch established on 1938/01/01. Info updated 2011/04/18: Bank assets: $675.9 mil, Deposits: $573.0 mil, headquarters in Lancaster, KY, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 22 total offices, Holding Company: First Southern Bancorp, Inc.
- The Citizens National Bank of Somerset: Monticello Branch at 181 Cumberland Crossing, branch established on 2009/11/09. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $329.4 mil, Deposits: $267.4 mil, headquarters in Somerset, KY, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 10 total offices, Holding Company: Citizens Bancshares, Inc.
- Branch Banking and Trust Company: Monticello Main Branch at 230 Cumberland Crossing, branch established on 1935/01/01. Info updated 2010/03/29: Bank assets: $168,867.6 mil, Deposits: $127,549.5 mil, headquarters in Winston Salem, NC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1793 total offices, Holding Company: Bb&T Corporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Monticello city (based on Wayne County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Wayne County:||3.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kentucky:||2.19 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wayne County:||0.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kentucky:||0.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wayne County:||3.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||2.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.74 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Monticello, KY Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||2||$6,410||$38,460||9||$2,560|
|Police Protection - Officers||12||$38,472||$38,472||0||$0|
|Police - Other||4||$8,623||$25,869||2||$968|
|Streets and Highways||4||$7,267||$21,801||3||$2,505|
|Totals for Government||23||$65,620||$34,237||14||$6,033|
Monticello government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Central Staff Services: $57,000 ($9.35)
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $1,450,000 ($237.90)
Police Protection: $495,000 ($81.21)
Sewerage: $350,000 ($57.42)
Central Staff Services: $248,000 ($40.69)
Regular Highways: $244,000 ($40.03)
Solid Waste Management: $185,000 ($30.35)
Fire Protection: $162,000 ($26.58)
Parks & Recreation: $34,000 ($5.58)
Financial Administration: $28,000 ($4.59)
- General - Interest on Debt: $288,000 ($47.25)
- Other Capital Outlay - Police Protection: $386,000 ($63.33)
Solid Waste Management: $344,000 ($56.44)
Fire Protection: $6,000 ($0.98)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $1,936,000 ($317.64)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
Monticello government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $477,000 ($78.26)
Solid Waste Management: $217,000 ($35.60)
All Other: $93,000 ($15.26)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $13,000 ($2.13)
All Other: $12,000 ($1.97)
- Miscellaneous - Special Assessments: $130,000 ($21.33)
Interest Earnings: $75,000 ($12.31)
Property Sale Other: $52,000 ($8.53)
General Revenue, NEC: $46,000 ($7.55)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $2,055,000 ($337.16)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $93,000 ($15.26)
All Other: $33,000 ($5.41)
- Tax - NEC: $457,000 ($74.98)
Property: $283,000 ($46.43)
Public Utilities: $101,000 ($16.57)
Motor Vehicle License: $11,000 ($1.80)
Monticello government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $4,799,000 ($787.37)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $4,727,000 ($775.55)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $72,000 ($11.81)
Monticello government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Bond Fund - Cash & Deposits: $25,000 ($4.10)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $1,163,000 ($190.81)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $1,308,000 ($214.60)
4.47% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($26,588 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
4.72% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($24,601 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Monticello:
- WFLW (1360 AM; 1 kW; MONTICELLO, KY; Owner: STEPHEN W. STAPLES, JR.)
- WKVL (850 AM; daytime; 50 kW; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: HORNE RADIO, LLC)
- WHAS (840 AM; 50 kW; LOUISVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WEKC (710 AM; daytime; 4 kW; WILLIAMSBURG, KY; Owner: GERALD PARKS)
- WWAM (820 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JASPER, TN; Owner: SHELTON BROADCASTING SYSTEM)
- WAMB (1160 AM; 50 kW; DONELSON, TN; Owner: GREAT SOUTHERN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WJKY (1060 AM; daytime; 1 kW; JAMESTOWN, KY; Owner: LAKE CUMBERLAND BROADCASTERS)
- WKDA (1200 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: RADIO NASHVILLE, INC.)
- WFLI (1070 AM; 50 kW; LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN, TN; Owner: WFLI, INC.)
- WLAC (1510 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WNQM (1300 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WNQM. INC.)
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Monticello:
- WMKZ (93.1 FM; MONTICELLO, KY; Owner: MONTICELLO-WAYNE COUNTY MEDIA, INC.)
- WKYM (101.7 FM; MONTICELLO, KY; Owner: STEPHEN W. STAPLES JR.)
- WSEK (97.1 FM; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WDVX (89.9 FM; CLINTON, TN; Owner: CUMBERLAND COMMUNITIES COMMUNI CORP.)
- WEKX (102.7 FM; JELLICO, TN; Owner: WHITLEY BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WJRS (104.9 FM; JAMESTOWN, KY; Owner: LAKE CUMBERLAND BROADCASTERS)
- WTHL (90.5 FM; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: SOMERSET EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- WDCL-FM (89.7 FM; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY)
- WKII-FM (102.3 FM; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WHVE (92.7 FM; RUSSELL SPRINGS, KY; Owner: SHORELINE COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WHAY (105.9 FM; WHITLEY CITY, KY; Owner: TIM LAVENDER)
- WLLK (93.9 FM; BURNSIDE, KY; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WDEB-FM (103.9 FM; JAMESTOWN, TN; Owner: BAZ BROADCASTING, INC.)
- W277AA (103.3 FM; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY)
TV broadcast stations around Monticello:
- WKSO-TV (Channel 29; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: KENTUCKY AUTHORITY FOR EDUCATIONAL TV)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 7Number of bridges
- 9m30ftTotal length
- $127,000Total costs
- 11,261Total average daily traffic
- 440Total average daily truck traffic
- 12,327Total future (year 2029) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Monticello)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:62 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Monticello, KY)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:6 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:11 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers:3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:69 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Monticello)
FAA Registered Aircraft:7
- Aircraft: LAKE LA-4 (Category: Amphibian, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 91 mph), Engine: LYCOMING O&VO-360 SER (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 1136L , Serial Number: 298, Year manufactured: 1964, Airworthiness Date: 07/10/1969
Registrant (Corporation): Monticello Aircraft Corp, 241 Huff Ridge Rd, Monticello, KY 42633
- Aircraft: ROBINSON HELICOPTER R22 BETA (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 222GH , Serial Number: 0714, Airworthiness Date: 10/22/1987
Registrant (Corporation): High Altitude Holdings LLC, 80 Kindrick Ct, Monticello, KY 42633
- Aircraft: CHAMPION AERONCA 7AC (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 90 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR A&C65 SERIES (65 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 2665E , Serial Number: 7AC-6247, Year manufactured: 1946, Airworthiness Date: 05/01/1956
Registrant (Individual): Eldon Davidson, Po Box 394, Monticello, KY 42633
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-24-180 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 120 mph), Engine: LYCOMING O&VO-360 SER (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 5146P , Serial Number: 24-162, Year manufactured: 1958, Airworthiness Date: 05/27/1958
Registrant (Co-Owned): David C Mattox, 480 Allison Dr, Monticello, KY 42633, Other Owners: Laura G Mattox
- Aircraft: CESSNA 172P (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 54905 , Serial Number: 17275076, Year manufactured: 1981, Airworthiness Date: 06/19/1981
Registrant (Individual): Mack Huff, 241 Huff Ridge Rd, Monticello, KY 42633
- Aircraft: CESSNA 182Q (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 112 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR O-470 SERIES (230 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 735JG , Serial Number: 18265456, Year manufactured: 1977, Airworthiness Date: 02/28/1977
Registrant (Partnership): Ralph G Davis, 1215 N Main St Box 12, Monticello, KY 42633, Other Owners: Conley H Gregory
- Aircraft: STINSON L-5 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: LYCOMING GO-435C&D SER (260 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 9838F , Serial Number: 42-98496, Airworthiness Date: 01/12/1959
Registrant (Individual): John W Davidson, Po Box 394, Monticello, KY 42633
Drinking water stations with addresses in Monticello and their reported violations in the past:MONTICELLO WATER & SEWER COMMISSION (Population served: 24,057, Surface water):
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Average - Between JAN-2011 and MAR-2011, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (MAY-05-2011), St Formal NOV issued (MAY-05-2011), St Public Notif received (JUN-29-2011), St Compliance achieved (AUG-31-2011)
- MCL, Average - Between JUL-2010 and SEP-2010, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (NOV-01-2010), St Formal NOV issued (NOV-01-2010), St Public Notif received (NOV-23-2010), St Compliance achieved (FEB-15-2011)
- MCL, Average - Between APR-2010 and JUN-2010, Contaminant: Total Haloacetic Acids (HAA5). Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JUL-29-2010), St Formal NOV issued (JUL-29-2010), St Public Notif received (SEP-03-2010), St Compliance achieved (FEB-15-2011)
- One regular monitoring violation
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 137
- Hazardous Condition: 202
- Service Call: 1
- Good Intent Call: 1
Incident types - Monticello
|Most common first names in Monticello, KY among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Monticello, KY among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (82%)
- Wood (6%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (4%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (4%)
- Utility gas (3%)
- No fuel used (1%)
|Businesses in Monticello, KY|
|Ace Hardware||1||Lane Furniture||1|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||Long John Silver's||1|
|Burger King||1||Rite Aid||1|
|Domino's Pizza||1||Taco Bell||1|
Monticello compared to Kentucky state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Monticello on our top lists:
- #53 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the lowest cost per building permit(population 5,000+)"
- #61 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Food preparation and serving related occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #74 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Transportation occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #81 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Material moving occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #81 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the smallest number of people without health insurance coverage in 2000"
- #88 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the smallest number of children under 18 without health insurance coverage in 2000"
Total of 2 patent applications in 2008-2016.