We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||43.5 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54154.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $30,002 (it was $20,321 in 2000)
Morgan town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $183,470 (it was $107,800 in 2000)
Races in Morgan, WI (2010)
- 95897.4%White alone
- 121.2%Two or more races
- 60.6%American Indian alone
- 40.4%Asian alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- The fastest-growing industry sectors in the Northeast are Construction-related Apr 25
- The decline of the U.S. Agriculture industry visualized Apr 23
- The revenues and net sales of Samsonite Apr 21
- Crowfunding is a fast-increasing market Apr 19
- The number of jobs in Construction is falling across the U.S. Apr 17
|two rivers, wi- thoughts for family of lgbt member (46 replies)|
|Help! Moving to Milwaukee - Would you vouch for it? (70 replies)|
|Monona? (9 replies)|
|st. lukes milwaukee neigborhood (11 replies)|
|Where to avoid on the South side of Milwaukee (14 replies)|
|$600 Rent in Milwaukee vs New York City Metro Area (27 replies)|
Latest news from Morgan, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (53.2%), Polish (26.1%), Norwegian (6.8%), French (6.6%), Irish (4.2%), French Canadian (3.2%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 35.6 square miles.
Population density: 28 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Morgan:
- High school or higher: 81.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 7.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.1%
- Unemployed: 6.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 30.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Morgan town:
- Never married: 25.2%
- Now married: 60.1%
- Separated: 0.6%
- Widowed: 5.2%
- Divorced: 8.9%
7 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Morgan town:||1.4% ($1,521)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Green Bay, WI (21.8 miles , pop. 102,313).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Milwaukee, WI (121.9 miles , pop. 596,974).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (206.7 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Krakow, WI (2.2 miles ), Oconto Falls, WI (2.2 miles ), Abrams, WI (2.3 miles ), Chase, WI (2.6 miles ), Green Valley, WI (2.7 miles ), Sobieski, WI (2.8 miles ), Stiles, WI (2.8 miles ), Gillett, WI (2.9 miles ).
Latitude: 44.81 N, Longitude: 88.18 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 920
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (13%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (10%)
- Paper (9%)
- Truck transportation (7%)
- Transportation equipment (7%)
- Metal and metal products (6%)
- Food (4%)
- Health care (15%)
- Educational services (10%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (9%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Social assistance (6%)
- Transportation equipment (5%)
- Paper (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (10%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (8%)
- Farmers and farm managers (8%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (6%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (5%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (4%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Business operations specialists (5%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (5%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (5%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (4%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (4%)
Average climate in Morgan, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Morgan-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Wisconsin state average. It is 18% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/19/1968, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 19.5 miles away from the Morgan town center killed 2 people and injured 3 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 4/27/1984, a category F4 tornado 25.4 miles away from the town center killed one person and injured 19 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Morgan-area historical earthquake activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 96% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 234.4 miles away from the city center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 417.3 miles away from Morgan center
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 454.5 miles away from the city center
On 7/12/1986 at 08:19:37, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 353.1 miles away from the city center
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB) earthquake occurred 387.4 miles away from Morgan center
On 9/2/1999 at 16:17:29, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 222.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Oconto County (3) is a lot smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 1
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Drought: 1, Flood: 1, Hurricane: 1, Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Morgan:
- COMMUNITY MEM HSPTL Critical Access Hospitals (about 5 miles away; OCONTO FALLS, WI)
- FALLS NH EAST (Nursing Home, about 5 miles away; OCONTO FALLS, WI)
- SHARPE CARE NURSING AND REHABILITATION CENTER, LLC (Nursing Home, about 6 miles away; OCONTO FALLS, WI)
- WOODLANDS OF GILLETT (Nursing Home, about 9 miles away; GILLETT, WI)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Morgan:
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College (about 20 miles; Green Bay, WI; Full-time enrollment: 6,069)
- University of Wisconsin-Green Bay (about 23 miles; Green Bay, WI; FT enrollment: 5,415)
- Saint Norbert College (about 26 miles; De Pere, WI; FT enrollment: 2,324)
- Fox Valley Technical College (about 39 miles; Appleton, WI; FT enrollment: 5,682)
- Lawrence University (about 40 miles; Appleton, WI; FT enrollment: 2,821)
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh (about 58 miles; Oshkosh, WI; FT enrollment: 10,637)
- Lakeland College (about 69 miles; Plymouth, WI; FT enrollment: 2,395)
Church in Morgan: Saint Johns Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemetery: Saint Johns Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes and swamps: Delzer Lake (A), Morgan Marsh (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
River: North Branch Pensaukee River (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 59.4. This is better than average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 2.39. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 10.0 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 34.5. This is about average. Closest monitor was 10.0 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 7.68. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 21.5 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Morgan town (based on Oconto County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Oconto County:||1.60 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Oconto County:||5.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||10.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
5.07% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($38,644 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Brown County, WI||2.11% ($39,305 average AGI)|
|from Marinette County, WI||0.52% ($34,750)|
|from Shawano County, WI||0.27% ($28,071)|
5.58% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($42,457 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Morgan:
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WTAQ (1360 AM; 10 kW; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WHBY (1150 AM; 25 kW; KIMBERLY, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WNFL (1440 AM; 5 kW; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WOCO (1260 AM; 1 kW; OCONTO, WI; Owner: LAMARDO INC.)
- WTCM (580 AM; 35 kW; TRAVERSE CITY, MI; Owner: WTCM RADIO, INC.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WFCL (1380 AM; 4 kW; CLINTONVILLE, WI; Owner: RESULTS BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WLDR (1210 AM; daytime; 50 kW; KINGSLEY, MI; Owner: FORT BEND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WDUX (800 AM; 5 kW; WAUPACA, WI; Owner: LAIRD BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Morgan:
- WRVM (102.7 FM; SURING, WI; Owner: WRVM, INC.)
- WQLH (98.5 FM; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WOWN (99.3 FM; SHAWANO, WI; Owner: RESULTS BROADCASTING OF SHAWANO, INC.)
- WIXX (101.1 FM; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WEMY (91.5 FM; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: EVANGEL MINISTRIES, INC)
- WPNE-FM (89.3 FM; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: WISCONSIN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WHID (88.1 FM; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: BD OF REGENTS OF THE UNIV OF WI SYS)
- WAPL-FM (105.7 FM; APPLETON, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WOGB (103.1 FM; KAUKAUNA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WXWX (107.5 FM; BRILLION, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WKSZ (95.9 FM; DE PERE, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS INC)
- WOCO-FM (107.1 FM; OCONTO, WI; Owner: LAMARDO INC.)
- WJLW (106.7 FM; ALLOUEZ, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP)
- WLYD (99.7 FM; STURGEON BAY, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS INC)
- WOZZ (93.5 FM; NEW LONDON, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- W270AJ (101.9 FM; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WORQ (90.1 FM; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: LAKESHORE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WSFQ (96.3 FM; PESHTIGO, WI; Owner: BADGER COMMUNICATIONS, L.L.C.)
- WECB (104.3 FM; SEYMOUR, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WBDK (96.7 FM; ALGOMA, WI; Owner: NICOLET BROADCASTING, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Morgan:
- WIWB (Channel 14; SURING, WI; Owner: ACME TV LICENSES OF WISCONSIN, LLC)
- WBAY-TV (Channel 2; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: YOUNG BROADCASTING OF GREEN BAY, INC.)
- WLUK-TV (Channel 11; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: EMMIS TELEVISION LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WFRV-TV (Channel 5; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WPNE (Channel 38; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: WISCONSIN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WGBA (Channel 26; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: ARIES TELECOMMUNICATION CORPORATION)
- WACY (Channel 32; APPLETON, WI; Owner: ACE TV, INC.)
- W49CB (Channel 49; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 5Number of bridges
- 9m30ftTotal length
- 7,098Total average daily traffic
- 433Total average daily truck traffic
- 8,681Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (61%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (20%)
- Utility gas (11%)
- Wood (8%)
- Electricity (1%)
Morgan compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.