Brown County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Highest Potential
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2009: 18.5%
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This city: || 2.6 people|
|Kansas: || 2.4 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This city: || 75.0%|
|Whole state: || 66.2%|
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
|This city: || 4.0%|
|Whole state: || 4.1%|
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 1.0% of all households
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Morrill, KS
Morrill compared to Kansas state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- House age significantly above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Back to the top
Educational Attainment (%)
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (94%)
- Electricity (4%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
2004 Presidential Election results in Brown County Kansas:
Religion statistics for Morrill (based on Brown County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 59.75%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||United Methodist Church||Catholic Church||American Baptist Churches in the USA||Lutheran Church||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)|
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||United Church of Christ||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|This county:||1.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kansas:||1.96 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|Brown County:||1.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kansas:||3.84 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|Brown County:||10.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.33 / 10,000 pop.|Adult obesity rate:
|Kansas:||27.9%|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Other Government Administration
|Totals for Government
Morrill government finances in 2002:
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $12,000 ($52.17)
All Other: $8,000 ($34.78)
Sewerage: $4,000 ($17.39)
- Current Operations - Electric Utilities: $106,000 ($460.87)
Water Utilities: $43,000 ($186.96)
Regular Highways: $26,000 ($113.04)
Fire Protection: $12,000 ($52.17)
Financial Administration: $12,000 ($52.17)
General - Other: $12,000 ($52.17)
Solid Waste Management: $11,000 ($47.83)
Sewerage: $6,000 ($26.09)
Parks & Recreation: $3,000 ($13.04)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $11,000 ($47.83)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $65,000 ($282.61)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $55,000 ($239.13)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $10,000 ($43.48)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $9,000 ($39.13)
Interest Earnings: $6,000 ($26.09)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $121,000 ($526.09)
- Revenue - Electric Utilities: $101,000 ($439.13)
Water Utilities: $44,000 ($191.30)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $5,000 ($21.74)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $8,000 ($34.78)
General Support: $3,000 ($13.04)
- Tax - Property: $16,000 ($69.57)
Public Utilities: $7,000 ($30.43)
NEC: $1,000 ($4.35)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $33,000 ($143.48)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $4,000 ($17.39)
5.90% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($26,456 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
7.09% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($28,044 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Morrill:
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KOIL (1020 AM; 50 kW; PLATTSMOUTH, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KTNC (1230 AM; 1 kW; FALLS CITY, NE; Owner: C.R. COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KFAB (1110 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KKAR (1290 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KFEQ (680 AM; 5 kW; ST. JOSEPH, MO; Owner: EAGLE RADIO, INC.)
- KKHK (1250 AM; 25 kW; KANSAS CITY, KS)
- KYDZ (1180 AM; 25 kW; BELLEVUE, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- WIBW (580 AM; 5 kW; TOPEKA, KS; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KCMO (710 AM; 10 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: SUSQUEHANNA KANSAS CITY PARTNERSHIP)
- KYFR (920 AM; 5 kW; SHENANDOAH, IA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WHO (1040 AM; 50 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KRVN (880 AM; 50 kW; LEXINGTON, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA RURAL RADIO ASSOCIATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Morrill:
- KLZA (101.3 FM; FALLS CITY, NE; Owner: KNZA, INC)
- K219CE (91.7 FM; FALLS CITY, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMM.)
- KKJO-FM (105.5 FM; ST. JOSEPH, MO; Owner: EAGLE RADIO, INC)
- KMZA (92.1 FM; SENECA, KS; Owner: KNZA, INC.)
- KNZA (103.9 FM; HIAWATHA, KS; Owner: KNZA, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Morrill:
- K46FG (Channel 46; FALLS CITY, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA EDTV COMMISSION)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:
- 612 Roxanna (Lat: 39.928611 Lon: -95.695528), Structure height: 5 m, Call Sign: WPCQ778
Assigned Frequencies: 173.362 MHz
Grant Date: 04/15/2003, Expiration Date: 07/06/2013
Registrant: Business Radio Licensing, 26941 Cabot Road 134, Laguna Hills, CA 92653, Phone: (949) 348-8510, Fax: (949) 348-8514, Email:
- 3 1/2 Mi N From 36 Hwy 3 Mi W 1/4 Mi N (Lat: 39.913889 Lon: -95.685528), Call Sign: KNEW524, Licensee ID: L00036548
Assigned Frequencies: 152.945 MHz
Grant Date: 12/10/1997, Expiration Date: 02/16/2003, Cancellation Date: 05/18/2003
Registrant: Roger Aberle, Rr 1 Box 8, Morrill, KS 66515-9504
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
- Call Sign: N0MLA, Previous Call Sign: KB0HIN, Licensee ID: L00258566
Grant Date: 06/15/2000, Expiration Date: 09/04/2010
Registrant: Ernest E Moravec, 404 N Walnut, Morrill, KS 66515
- Call Sign: WD0DEC, Licensee ID: L00291207
Grant Date: 08/01/2003, Expiration Date: 10/05/2013, Certifier: Dale R Lawson
Registrant: Dale R Lawson, 302 Hanson, Morrill, KS 66515
FAA Registered Aircraft:
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-28-180 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 107 mph), Engine: LYCOMING O&VO-360 SER (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 6477J , Serial Number: 28-4904, Year manufactured: 1968, Airworthiness Date: 07/16/1968
Registrant (Co-Owned): James C Meyer, 2844 Dewberry Rd, Morrill, KS 66515, Other Owners: Jeremy A Sweat
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
|Most common first names in Morrill, KS among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Morrill, KS among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
- #3 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers"
- #14 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Truck transportation"
- #25 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Health care"
- #45 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Agricultural workers including supervisors"
- #72 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Computer specialists"
- #95 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Supervisors and other personal care and service workers except personal appearance, transportation, and child care workers"