We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||46.3 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54486.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $21,717 (it was $14,627 in 2000)
Morris town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $146,687 (it was $91,800 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $168,316; Detached houses: $174,565; Townhouses or other attached units: $147,847; In 2-unit structures: $159,797; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $103,725; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $203,875; Mobile homes: $66,319
Races in Morris, WI (2010)
- 42694.0%White alone
- 163.5%American Indian alone
- 30.7%Two or more races
Ancestries: German (64.1%), French (13.0%), Norwegian (9.9%), Polish (9.3%), Irish (7.0%), English (4.7%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 36.2 square miles.
Population density: 13 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Morris:
- High school or higher: 80.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.4%
- Unemployed: 1.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 27.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Morris town:
- Never married: 21.4%
- Now married: 60.6%
- Separated: 2.3%
- Widowed: 6.2%
- Divorced: 9.4%
13 residents are foreign born (1.9% Europe, 0.4% Asia, 0.4% Africa).
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Morris town:||1.2% ($1,140)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Appleton, WI (49.9 miles , pop. 70,087).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Madison, WI (122.2 miles , pop. 208,054).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (217.4 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Bowler, WI (2.0 miles ), Almon, WI (2.4 miles ), Tigerton, WI (2.4 miles ), Wittenberg, WI (2.4 miles ), Fairbanks, WI (2.5 miles ), Tilleda, WI (2.6 miles) , Bartelme, WI (2.8 miles ), Eland, WI (3.0 miles ).
Latitude: 44.82 N, Longitude: 89.05 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 715
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (12%)
- Metal and metal products (12%)
- Construction (10%)
- Wood products (8%)
- Transportation equipment (7%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (3%)
- Health care (20%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (11%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (10%)
- Metal and metal products (6%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Wood products (5%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (9%)
- Farmers and farm managers (8%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (8%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (6%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (6%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (10%)
- Financial clerks except bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (5%)
- Registered nurses (5%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (5%)
- Supervisors and other personal care and service workers except personal appearance, transportation, and child care workers (5%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (5%)
- Farmers and farm managers (4%)
Average climate in Morris, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Morris-area historical tornado activity is near Wisconsin state average. It is 2% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/26/1951, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 27.7 miles away from the Morris town center killed 6 people and injured 3 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 6/7/2007, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 13.1 miles away from the town center injured 3 people and caused $15 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Morris-area historical earthquake activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 96% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 232.7 miles away from the city center
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB) earthquake occurred 345.6 miles away from Morris center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 455.4 miles away from the city center
On 7/12/1986 at 08:19:37, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 379.8 miles away from the city center
On 9/2/1999 at 16:17:29, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 215.5 miles away from Morris center
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 493.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Shawano County (5) is a lot smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 3
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 3, Storms: 3, Tornadoes: 2, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Morris:
- Northcentral Technical College (about 32 miles; Wausau, WI; Full-time enrollment: 3,356)
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (about 33 miles; Stevens Point, WI; FT enrollment: 9,089)
- Mid-State Technical College (about 48 miles; Wisconsin Rapids, WI; FT enrollment: 2,128)
- Fox Valley Technical College (about 48 miles; Appleton, WI; FT enrollment: 5,682)
- Lawrence University (about 51 miles; Appleton, WI; FT enrollment: 2,821)
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College (about 51 miles; Green Bay, WI; FT enrollment: 6,069)
- Saint Norbert College (about 55 miles; De Pere, WI; FT enrollment: 2,324)
Church in Morris: Immanuel Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Creeks: Wilson Creek (A), Dent Creek (B), Simpson Creek (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Morris town (based on Shawano County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Shawano County:||2.44 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Shawano County:||7.57 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||11.72 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
4.46% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($32,947 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Brown County, WI||0.78% ($36,453 average AGI)|
|from Waupaca County, WI||0.42% ($27,838)|
|from Marathon County, WI||0.40% ($30,258)|
5.19% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,775 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Morris:
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WRIG (1390 AM; 10 kW; SCHOFIELD, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WHBY (1150 AM; 25 kW; KIMBERLY, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WDUX (800 AM; 5 kW; WAUPACA, WI; Owner: LAIRD BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WFCL (1380 AM; 4 kW; CLINTONVILLE, WI; Owner: RESULTS BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WTAQ (1360 AM; 10 kW; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTCH (960 AM; 1 kW; SHAWANO, WI; Owner: RESULTS BROADCASTING OF SHAWANO, INC.)
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WTCM (580 AM; 35 kW; TRAVERSE CITY, MI; Owner: WTCM RADIO, INC.)
- WLBL (930 AM; 5 kW; AUBURNDALE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
Strongest FM radio stations in Morris:
- WYCO (107.9 FM; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: SEEHAFER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WHRM (90.9 FM; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WIFC (95.5 FM; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WDEZ (101.9 FM; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: W R I G, INC.)
- WYNW (92.9 FM; BIRNAMWOOD, WI; Owner: STARBOARD BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WRVM (102.7 FM; SURING, WI; Owner: WRVM, INC.)
- WLBL-FM (91.9 FM; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WXPW (91.9 FM; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WHITE PINE COMMUNITY BROADCASTING, INC)
- WRLO-FM (105.3 FM; ANTIGO, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WCLQ (89.5 FM; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: CHRISTIAN LIFE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WHDG (97.5 FM; RHINELANDER, WI; Owner: RAVEN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WOZZ (93.5 FM; NEW LONDON, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WACD (106.1 FM; ANTIGO, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WJMQ (92.3 FM; CLINTONVILLE, WI; Owner: RESULTS BROADCASTING CORP.)
TV broadcast stations around Morris:
- WFXS (Channel 55; WITTENBERG, WI; Owner: DAVIS TELEVISION WAUSAU, LLC)
- W24BV (Channel 24; WHITING, WI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WIWB (Channel 14; SURING, WI; Owner: ACME TV LICENSES OF WISCONSIN, LLC)
- WYOW (Channel 34; EAGLE RIVER, WI; Owner: WAOW-WYOW TELEVISION, INC.)
- WAOW-TV (Channel 9; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WAOW-WYOW TELEVISION, INC.)
- WSAW-TV (Channel 7; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: GRAY MIDAMERICA TV LICENSEE CORP.)
- WTPX (Channel 46; ANTIGO, WI; Owner: PAXSON WAUSAU LICENSE, INC.)
- W04CW (Channel 4; TIGERTON, ETC., WI; Owner: CENTRAL AUTOMATIC MACHINING, INC.)
- W60CI (Channel 60; WHITING, WI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WHRM-TV (Channel 20; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- W66DC (Channel 66; WAUPACA, WI; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 10Number of bridges
- 18m59ftTotal length
- $164,000Total costs
- 7,498Total average daily traffic
- 418Total average daily truck traffic
- 6,615Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1
- Intersection Of Highway 29 & Tower Lane (Lat: 44.822472 Lon: -89.060389), Structure height: 59.2 m, Call Sign: KNKN395
Assigned Frequencies: 880.020 MHz, 891.510 MHz, 835.020 MHz, 846.510 MHzGrant Date: 08/18/2009, Expiration Date: 10/01/2019, Certifier: Mark NazeRegistrant: Hill & Welch, 1025 Connecticut Ave., Nw #1000, Washington, DC 20036, Phone: (202) 857-1470, Fax: (301) 622-2864, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:1
- TRUCKERS HIL, Cor Of Hwy 29 And Tower Ln (Lat: 44.822472 Lon: -89.060333), Structure height: 54.9 m, Overall height: 60.7 m, Call Sign: WPNG871
Assigned Frequencies: 11545.0 MHzGrant Date: 02/21/2001, Expiration Date: 02/01/2011, Cancellation Date: 11/17/2008Registrant: Hill & Welch, 1330 New Hampshire Ave., Nw #113, Washington, DC 20036, Phone: (202) 775-0070, Fax: (202) 775-9026, Email:
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Wood (36%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (33%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (24%)
- Utility gas (3%)
- Electricity (3%)
- No fuel used (1%)
Morris compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.