We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||35.4 years|
|Colorado median age:||34.3 years|
Zip code: 81146
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $21,654 (it was $16,009 in 2000)
Mosca-Hooper CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $160,185 (it was $82,000 in 2000)
Races in Mosca-Hooper, CO (2000)
- 88578.3%White alone
- 201.8%Two or more races
- 131.2%American Indian alone
- 70.6%Asian alone
- 60.5%Black alone
- 10.09%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
- 10.09%Other race alone
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Land area: 410.6 square miles.
Population density: 2.8 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Mosca-Hooper:
- High school or higher: 83.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 23.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.2%
- Unemployed: 5.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 17.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Mosca-Hooper CCD:
- Never married: 21.0%
- Now married: 67.9%
- Separated: 0.9%
- Widowed: 3.0%
- Divorced: 8.0%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Mosca-Hooper CCD:||0.6% ($485)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Pueblo, CO (77.0 miles , pop. 102,121).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Colorado Springs, CO (100.8 miles , pop. 360,890).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (453.7 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: Hooper, CO (3.1 miles) , Alamosa East, CO (3.4 miles ), Alamosa, CO (3.5 miles ), Sargent, CO (4.4 miles ), Blanca, CO (4.4 miles ), Center, CO (4.5 miles ), Monte Vista, CO (4.5 miles ), Fort Garland, CO (4.8 miles ).
Latitude: 37.63 N, Longitude: 105.78 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 719
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (36%)
- Construction (10%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Repair and maintenance (6%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Groceries and related products merchant wholesalers (4%)
- Utilities (4%)
- Health care (16%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (14%)
- Educational services (14%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (7%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Social assistance (4%)
- Farmers and farm managers (22%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (13%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (8%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (6%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (4%)
- Top executives (3%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (3%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (6%)
- Health technologists and technicians (6%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (5%)
- Farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (5%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
Average climate in Mosca-Hooper, Colorado
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Mosca-Hooper-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Colorado state average. It is 133% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/10/2005 at 22:08:22, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 74.2 miles away from the city center
On 1/3/2007 at 14:34:38, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.4 MW, 4.4 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 62.3 miles away from Mosca-Hooper center
On 9/5/2001 at 10:52:07, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 72.2 miles away from the city center
On 8/1/2004 at 06:50:47, a magnitude 4.4 (4.4 MB, 4.3 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 64.2 miles away from the city center
On 3/22/2004 at 12:09:56, a magnitude 4.4 (4.4 MB, 4.4 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 74.1 miles away from Mosca-Hooper center
On 9/13/1994 at 06:01:23, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 ML, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 125.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Alamosa County (5) is a lot smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 3
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 2, Fire: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Landslide: 1, Snowstorm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Mosca-Hooper:
- EVERGREEN NH (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; ALAMOSA, CO)
- EVERGREEN NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; ALAMOSA, CO)
- SAN LUIS CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; ALAMOSA, CO)
- SAN LUIS VALLEY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER Acute Care Hospitals (about 13 miles away; ALAMOSA, CO)
- AT HOME HEALTHCARE (Home Health Center, about 13 miles away; ALAMOSA, CO)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Mosca-Hooper:
- Adams State University (about 12 miles; Alamosa, CO; Full-time enrollment: 2,805)
- Pueblo Community College (about 77 miles; Pueblo, CO; FT enrollment: 5,329)
- Colorado State University-Pueblo (about 81 miles; Pueblo, CO; FT enrollment: 5,993)
- Western State Colorado University (about 89 miles; Gunnison, CO; FT enrollment: 2,023)
- Pikes Peak Community College (about 96 miles; Colorado Springs, CO; FT enrollment: 10,395)
- Colorado College (about 99 miles; Colorado Springs, CO; FT enrollment: 2,199)
- Colorado Technical University-Online (about 102 miles; Colorado Springs, CO; FT enrollment: 22,771)
Public high school in Mosca-Hooper:
- SANGRE DE CRISTO UNDIVIDED HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 156, Location: 8751 LANE 7 N, Grades: 6-12)
Public elementary/middle school in Mosca-Hooper:
- SANGRE DE CRISTO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 174, Location: 8751 LANE 7 N, Grades: PK-5)
Notable locations in Mosca-Hooper: King Ranch (A), Medano Ranch (B), Pinyon Flats Campground (C), Zapata Ranch (D), Mosca - Hooper Volunteer Fire Department (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Mosca-Hooper: Hooper Baptist Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Speiser Cemetery (1), Urraca Cemetery (2), Pioneer Urraca Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Dry Lakes (A), South Zapata Lake (B), Pioneer Lake (C), Dollar Lake (D), Cotton Lake (E), Head Lake (F), San Luis Lake (G), Twin Lakes (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: San Luis Creek (A), Sand Creek (B), Big Spring Creek (C), Medano Creek (D), Buck Creek (E), Little Spring Creek (F), Arena Creek (G), Garden Creek (H), Mosca Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 57.2. This is better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 24.3. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 12.0 miles away from the city center.
|This place:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.4% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Mosca-Hooper CCD (based on Alamosa County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Alamosa County:||2.62 / 10,000 pop.|
|Colorado:||1.50 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.66 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.15 / 10,000 pop.|
|Alamosa County:||0.66 / 10,000 pop.|
|Colorado:||0.45 / 10,000 pop.|
|Alamosa County:||5.90 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||11.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.99 / 10,000 pop.|
9.22% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($27,369 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Rio Grande County, CO||1.36% ($24,113 average AGI)|
|from Conejos County, CO||1.05% ($21,055)|
|from El Paso County, CO||0.71% ($27,865)|
9.02% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($29,667 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Mosca-Hooper:
- KGIW (1450 AM; 1 kW; ALAMOSA, CO; Owner: COMMUNITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KKOB (770 AM; 50 kW; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KOA (850 AM; 50 kW; DENVER, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KKZN (760 AM; 50 kW; THORNTON, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KSLV (1240 AM; 1 kW; MONTE VISTA, CO; Owner: SAN LUIS VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KMXA (1090 AM; 50 kW; AURORA, CO; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KNZZ (1100 AM; 50 kW; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: M B C GRAND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KCBR (1040 AM; daytime; 15 kW; MONUMENT, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KTNN (660 AM; 50 kW; WINDOW ROCK, AZ; Owner: THE NAVAJO NATION)
- KCMN (1530 AM; 15 kW; COLORADO SPRINGS, CO)
- KHAC (880 AM; 43 kW; TSE BONITO, NM; Owner: WESTERN INDIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- KCUV (1510 AM; 25 kW; LITTLETON, CO; Owner: PEOPLE WIRELESS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Mosca-Hooper:
- K203AT (88.5 FM; WESTCLIFFE, ETC., CO; Owner: THE COLORADO COLLEGE)
- K239AE (95.7 FM; BUENA VISTA, ETC, CO; Owner: COLORADO COLLEGE)
- KDZA-FM (107.9 FM; PUEBLO, CO; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- K219CF (91.7 FM; DEL NORTE, ETC., CO; Owner: MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOUNDATION, INC.)
- K208DP (89.5 FM; NATHROP, CO; Owner: CHEYENNE MTN PUBLIC B/CAST HOUSE INC)
- KSBV (93.7 FM; SALIDA, CO; Owner: ARKANSAS VALLEY BROADCASTING, LLC)
- K244DO (96.7 FM; ALAMOSA, ETC., CO; Owner: SAN LUIS VALLEY TELEVISION, INC.)
- KRZA (88.7 FM; ALAMOSA, CO; Owner: EQUAL REPRESENTATION/MEDIA ADVOCACY)
- KALQ-FM (93.5 FM; ALAMOSA, CO; Owner: COMMUNITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KASF (90.9 FM; ALAMOSA, CO; Owner: ADAMS STATE COLLEGE)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (74%)
- Wood (12%)
- Electricity (10%)
- Utility gas (2%)
- Other fuel (1%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
Mosca-Hooper compared to Colorado state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.