We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||47.0 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 53544.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $28,099 (it was $17,515 in 2000)
Moscow town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $262,856 (it was $151,400 in 2000)
Races in Moscow, WI (2010)
- 55997.0%White alone
- 61.0%Two or more races
- 40.7%American Indian alone
- 30.5%Other race alone
- 20.3%Black alone
- 10.2%Asian alone
|Madison Winters colder than Moscow? (24 replies)|
|Desperate to leave milwaukee (72 replies)|
|Milwaukee: Racism out of control? (116 replies)|
|Escape From Wisconsin!!! (119 replies)|
|Scott Walker or Mary Burke? (210 replies)|
|Trump in Milwaukee (33 replies)|
Latest news from Moscow, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Norwegian (38.7%), German (24.2%), Irish (13.3%), United States (13.1%), Swiss (12.5%), English (12.0%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 850 feet
Land area: 41.3 square miles.
Population density: 14 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Moscow:
- High school or higher: 93.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 16.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.5%
- Unemployed: 4.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 34.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Moscow town:
- Never married: 25.6%
- Now married: 64.3%
- Separated: 0.7%
- Widowed: 1.8%
- Divorced: 7.6%
2 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Moscow town:||1.1% ($1,682)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Madison, WI (28.6 miles , pop. 208,054).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (134.1 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Hollandale, WI (1.5 miles ), Blanchardville, WI (2.3 miles ), Perry, WI (2.3 miles ), Waldwick, WI (2.4 miles ), Blanchard, WI (2.5 miles ), Fayette, WI (3.0 miles ), Brigham, WI (3.0 miles ), Barneveld, WI (3.0 miles ).
Latitude: 42.88 N, Longitude: 89.89 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 608
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (31%)
- Construction (17%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (6%)
- Sporting goods, camera, and hobby and toy stores (5%)
- Electrical equipment, appliances, and components (3%)
- Farm supplies merchant wholesalers (3%)
- Electronic shopping and mail-order houses (14%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (12%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Health care (11%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Farmers and farm managers (26%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (5%)
- Supervisors and other personal care and service workers except personal appearance, transportation, and child care workers (4%)
- Supervisors of construction and extraction workers (4%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (6%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Business operations specialists (4%)
- Financial clerks except bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (4%)
- Cashiers (4%)
Average climate in Moscow, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Moscow-area historical tornado activity is above Wisconsin state average. It is 63% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/7/1984, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 7.6 miles away from the Moscow town center killed 9 people and injured 200 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 7/3/1983, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 13.4 miles away from the town center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Moscow-area historical earthquake activity is above Wisconsin state average. It is 87% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 323.9 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 110.7 miles away from Moscow center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 299.8 miles away from the city center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 356.3 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 323.0 miles away from Moscow center
On 9/2/1999 at 16:17:29, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 83.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Iowa County (13) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 10, Floods: 9, Tornadoes: 6, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Moscow:
- Edgewood College (about 27 miles; Madison, WI; Full-time enrollment: 2,455)
- University of Wisconsin Colleges (about 29 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 10,019)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (about 29 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 34,621)
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville (about 33 miles; Platteville, WI; FT enrollment: 7,679)
- Madison Area Technical College (about 34 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 9,603)
- Herzing University-Madison (about 36 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 3,160)
- University of Wisconsin-Whitewater (about 59 miles; Whitewater, WI; FT enrollment: 11,124)
Notable locations in Moscow: Hollandale Wastewater Treatment Facility (A), Hollandale Volunteer Fire Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Long Valley Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Reservoirs: 0.47 Reservoir (A), 1 Reservoir (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Long Valley Creek (A), Dodge Branch (B), Kittleson Valley Creek (C), Regan Creek (D), Olson Creek (E), McPeace Valley Creek (F), Brager Branch (G), Schmidt Creek (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.5% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Moscow town (based on Iowa County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Iowa County:||2.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Iowa County:||6.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||11.48 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
5.36% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($40,434 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Dane County, WI||1.53% ($45,243 average AGI)|
|from Grant County, WI||0.87% ($29,298)|
|from Lafayette County, WI||0.42% ($30,366)|
6.25% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,033 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Moscow:
- WTSO (1070 AM; 10 kW; MADISON, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WLMV (1480 AM; 10 kW; MADISON, WI; Owner: MID-WEST MANAGEMENT, INC.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WTDY (1670 AM; 10 kW; MADISON, WI; Owner: MID-WEST MANAGEMENT, INC.)
- WHA (970 AM; 5 kW; MADISON, WI; Owner: BOARD REGENTS OF UNIV OF WI SYSTEM)
- WIBA (1310 AM; 5 kW; MADISON, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WTUX (1550 AM; daytime; 5 kW; MADISON, WI)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Moscow:
- WERN (88.7 FM; MADISON, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WIBA-FM (101.5 FM; MADISON, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WDMP-FM (99.3 FM; DODGEVILLE, WI; Owner: DODGE POINT BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WZEE (104.1 FM; MADISON, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WORT (89.9 FM; MADISON, WI; Owner: BACK PORCH RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WMMM-FM (105.5 FM; VERONA, WI; Owner: ENTERCOM MADISON LICENSE, LLC.)
- WOLX-FM (94.9 FM; BARABOO, WI; Owner: ENTERCOM MADISON LICENSE, LLC.)
- W215AQ (90.9 FM; MADISON, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WEKZ-FM (93.7 FM; MONROE, WI; Owner: RONALD M.SPIELMAN & SCOTT THOMPSON)
- WCJZ (96.3 FM; SAUK CITY, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WSUM (91.7 FM; MADISON, WI; Owner: BD. OF REGENTS OF UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN SYSTEM)
- WMGN (98.1 FM; MADISON, WI; Owner: MID-WEST MANAGEMENT, INC.)
- WNWC-FM (102.5 FM; MADISON, WI; Owner: NORTHWESTERN COLLEGE)
- WHHI (91.3 FM; HIGHLAND, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- KATF (92.9 FM; DUBUQUE, IA; Owner: RADIO DUBUQUE, INC.)
- WJTY (88.1 FM; LANCASTER, WI; Owner: JOY PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WWQM-FM (106.3 FM; MIDDLETON, WI; Owner: MID-WEST MANAGEMENT INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Moscow:
- WISC-TV (Channel 3; MADISON, WI; Owner: TELEVISION WISCONSIN, INC.)
- WMSN-TV (Channel 47; MADISON, WI; Owner: WMSN LICENSEE, LLC)
- WKOW-TV (Channel 27; MADISON, WI; Owner: WKOW TELEVISION, INC.)
- WHA-TV (Channel 21; MADISON, WI; Owner: BOARD OF REGENTS OF THE UNIV. OF WISCONSIN SYSTEM)
- WMTV (Channel 15; MADISON, WI; Owner: GRAY MIDAMERICA TV LICENSEE CORP.)
- W38CT (Channel 38; MADISON, WI; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- W23BW (Channel 23; MADISON, WI; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- W58CO (Channel 58; SAULT STE. MARIE, MI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 19Number of bridges
- 36m118ftTotal length
- $605,000Total costs
- 6,162Total average daily traffic
- 276Total average daily truck traffic
- 6,211Total future (year 2031) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (53%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (25%)
- Wood (19%)
- Electricity (3%)
- Utility gas (1%)
Moscow compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.