Christian County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level between 2 and 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Moderate Potential
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 35.2. This is about average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2010 was 1.77. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 17.7 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2010 was 25.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 18.7 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µ/m3] level in 2010 was 10.8. This is about average. Closest monitor was 19.1 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µ/m3] level in 2000 was 25.5. This is about average. Closest monitor was 19.0 miles away from the city center.
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2011: 16.8%
(15.6% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 100.0% for American Indian residents, 0.0% for two or more races residents)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This village: || 2.5 people|
|Illinois: || 2.6 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This village: || 67.5%|
|Whole state: || 65.8%|
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
|This village: || 7.2%|
|Whole state: || 6.3%|
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 1.0% of all households
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Mount Auburn, IL
Mount Auburn compared to Illinois state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Back to the top
Banks with branches in Mount Auburn (2011 data):
- First National Bank in Taylorville: Mount Auburn Branch at 502 South Broad Street, branch established on 1911/09/11. Info updated 2008/06/03: Bank assets: $190.2 mil, Deposits: $160.4 mil, headquarters in Taylorville, IL, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: First Bancorp Of Taylorville, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2011
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (91%)
- Electricity (8%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Mount Auburn (based on Christian County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 53.85%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||United Methodist Church||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Lutheran Church||American Baptist Churches in the USA|
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||Presbyterian Church (USA)|| Non-Charismatic Churches Independent||New Testament Association Independent Baptist Churches/Other Fundamental Baptists||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|This county:||2.60 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|Number of supercenters and club stores:
|Christian County:||0.29 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||0.08 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|Christian County:||4.05 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.61 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|Christian County:||6.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|Adult obesity rate:
|Illinois:||25.2%|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Other Government Administration
|Police Protection - Officers
|Totals for Government
Mount Auburn government finances in 2002(per resident):
- Current Operations - Central Staff Services: $111,000 ($232.22)
Water Utilities: $59,000 ($123.43)
Regular Highways: $25,000 ($52.30)
Police Protection: $5,000 ($10.46)
Parks & Recreation: $3,000 ($6.28)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $9,000 ($18.83)
General Revenue, NEC: $2,000 ($4.18)
- Other Capital Outlay - Water Utilities: $53,000 ($110.88)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $220,000 ($460.25)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $55,000 ($115.06)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $57,000 ($119.25)
Highways: $15,000 ($31.38)
- Tax - Property: $21,000 ($43.93)
NEC: $8,000 ($16.74)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $46,000 ($96.23)
4.58% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($30,381 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
5.23% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($71,936 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Mount Auburn:
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- KMOX (1120 AM; 50 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WDZ (1050 AM; 1 kW; DECATUR, IL; Owner: NM LICENSING, LLC)
- WMAY (970 AM; 1 kW; SPRINGFIELD, IL)
- WIHM (1410 AM; 1 kW; TAYLORVILLE, IL; Owner: COVENANT NETWORK)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WLS (890 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WLS, INC.)
- WTAX (1240 AM; 1 kW; SPRINGFIELD, IL; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF ILLINOIS, LLC)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WILL (580 AM; 5 kW; URBANA, IL; Owner: UNIV. OF ILLINOIS BOARD OF TRUSTEES)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WSOY (1340 AM; 1 kW; DECATUR, IL; Owner: NM LICENSING, LLC)
- WYLL (1160 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: SCA LICENSE CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Mount Auburn:
- WUIS (91.9 FM; SPRINGFIELD, IL; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF IL AT SPRINGFIELD)
- WDBR (103.7 FM; SPRINGFIELD, IL; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF ILLINOIS, LLC)
- WDZQ (95.1 FM; DECATUR, IL; Owner: NM LICENSING, LLC)
- WXFM-FM (99.3 FM; MOUNT ZION, IL; Owner: TECHNICOM, INC.)
- WQLZ (92.7 FM; TAYLORVILLE, IL; Owner: LONG NINE, INC.)
- WYDS (93.1 FM; DECATUR, IL; Owner: WEJT, INC.)
- WSCT (90.5 FM; SPRINGFIELD, IL; Owner: ILLINOIS BIBLE INSTITUTE)
- WDKR (107.3 FM; MAROA, IL; Owner: WDKR, INC.)
- WMHX (93.9 FM; LINCOLN, IL; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF ILLINOIS, LLC)
- WSOY-FM (102.9 FM; DECATUR, IL; Owner: NM LICENSING, LLC)
- WNLD (88.1 FM; DECATUR, IL; Owner: ILLINOIS BIBLE INSTITUTE)
- WZUS (100.9 FM; MACON, IL; Owner: THE CROMWELL GROUP, INC. OF ILLINOIS)
- WFMB-FM (104.5 FM; SPRINGFIELD, IL; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- W242AE (96.3 FM; TAYLORVILLE, IL; Owner: ILLINOIS BIBLE INSTITUTE, INC.)
- WILL-FM (90.9 FM; URBANA, IL; Owner: UNIV. OF ILLINOIS BOARD OF TRUSTEES)
- WEJT (105.1 FM; SHELBYVILLE, IL; Owner: THE CROMWELL GROUP, INC. OF ILLINOIS)
- WLUJ (89.7 FM; SPRINGFIELD, IL; Owner: CORNERSTONE COMMUNITY RADIO, INC.)
- WTIM-FM (97.3 FM; TAYLORVILLE, IL; Owner: MILLER COMMUNICATIONS INC)
- WMKR (94.3 FM; PANA, IL; Owner: MILLER COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WNNS (98.7 FM; SPRINGFIELD, IL; Owner: LONG NINE, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Mount Auburn:
- WRSP-TV (Channel 55; SPRINGFIELD, IL; Owner: SPRINGFIELD BROADCASTING PARTNERS)
- WICS (Channel 20; SPRINGFIELD, IL; Owner: WICS LICENSEE, LLC)
- WCFN (Channel 49; SPRINGFIELD, IL; Owner: NEXSTAR BROADCASTING OF CHAMPAIGN, L.L.C.)
- WBUI (Channel 23; DECATUR, IL; Owner: ACME TV LICENSES OF ILLINOIS, LLC)
- WAND (Channel 17; DECATUR, IL; Owner: WAND(TV) PARTNERSHIP)
- W29BG (Channel 29; DECATUR, IL; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WCIA (Channel 3; CHAMPAIGN, IL; Owner: NEXSTAR BROADCASTING OF CHAMPAIGN, L.L.C.)
- W08DP (Channel 8; SPRINGFIELD, IL; Owner: W. CENTRAL ILLINOIS EDUC'L TELECOMM. CORPORATION)
- W28BE (Channel 28; SPRINGFIELD, IL; Owner: THE MARIAN CENTER)
- W33AY (Channel 33; SPRINGFIELD, IL; Owner: VENTANA TELEVISION, INC.)
- WILL-TV (Channel 12; URBANA, IL; Owner: UNIV. OF ILLINOIS BD. OF TRUSTEES)
- WSEC (Channel 14; JACKSONVILLE, IL; Owner: WEST CENTRAL ILLINOIS EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
Mount Auburn fatal accident list:
May 16, 1992 01:00 AM, 2, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1, Drunken drivers: 1
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:
- 5 Km Ssw From Center Sqr (Lat: 39.742000 Lon: -89.307028), Type: Tower, Structure height: 40 m, Call Sign: WNKZ841, Licensee ID: L00258361
Assigned Frequencies: 935.887 MHz, 935.937 MHz, 935.987 MHz, 936.887 MHz, 936.937 MHz, 936.987 MHz
Grant Date: 02/11/1998, Expiration Date: 02/11/2003, Cancellation Date: 04/12/2001
Registrant: Association Of American Railroads, 55500 Dot Rd, Pueblo, CO 81001, Phone: (202) 639-2217
- Lat: 39.763667 Lon: -89.245917, Call Sign: WNWC598
Assigned Frequencies: 464.725 MHz
Grant Date: 03/22/2011, Expiration Date: 04/24/2021
Registrant: Archer Daniels Midland Co, 4666 Faries Parkway, Decatur, IL 62526, Phone: (217) 451-3412, Email:
- Elm St 200 Ft S City Limits (Lat: 39.758389 Lon: -89.258417), Call Sign: KRO579
Assigned Frequencies: 151.535 MHz
Grant Date: 03/18/2002, Expiration Date: 03/20/2012, Cancellation Date: 05/26/2012
Registrant: Universal Licensing Service, 232 4401 A Connecticut Ave Nw, Washington, DC 20008-2322, Phone: (877) 677-3639, Fax: (949) 515-2544
- Ne Jct Of Crs (Lat: 39.761722 Lon: -89.263417), Call Sign: KSH771
Assigned Frequencies: 47.5200 MHz
Grant Date: 02/26/2013, Expiration Date: 05/03/2023
Registrant: Tracy Trucking Company, #1 Tracy Lane, Marine, IL 62061, Phone: (618) 887-4211, Fax: (618) 887-4449, Email:
- MOBILE L-1, Lat: 39.742417 Lon: -89.306333, Call Sign: KNFX267, Licensee ID: L00008014
Assigned Frequencies: 160.440 MHz, 161.250 MHz, 161.565 MHz, 160.695 MHz
Grant Date: 03/27/2012, Expiration Date: 06/24/2022, Certifier: Jerry R Celio
Registrant: Norfolk Southern Railway Company, 1200 Peachtree Street, Ne, Box 123, Atlanta, GA 30309, Phone: (404) 582-6224, Fax: (404) 582-6209, Email:
- Lat: 39.768389 Lon: -89.265639, Call Sign: WQBN758
Assigned Frequencies: 453.012 MHz
Grant Date: 11/15/2004, Expiration Date: 05/14/2005, Cancellation Date: 07/16/2005, Certifier: Charles E Mason
Registrant: Business Radio Licensing, 26941 Cabot Rd #134, Laguna Hills, CA 92653, Phone: (949) 348-8510
- Lat: 39.768389 Lon: -89.265639, Call Sign: WQCB785
Assigned Frequencies: 460.537 MHz
Grant Date: 01/26/2005, Expiration Date: 01/26/2015, Certifier: Charles E Mason
Registrant: Business Radio Licensing, 30251 Golden Lantern, Suite E # 501, Laguna Niguel, CA 92677, Phone: (949) 348-8510, Fax: (949) 348-8514, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:
- MT AUBURN ADM, W Center St / Auger Ave (Lat: 39.761389 Lon: -89.259167), Type: Tower, Structure height: 58 m, Overall height: 59 m, Call Sign: WQNA315
Assigned Frequencies: 10915.0 MHz, 11035.0 MHz
Grant Date: 11/22/2010, Expiration Date: 11/22/2020, Certifier: James E Coleman
Registrant: Shelby Electric Cooperative Inc, Rt 128 & North 6th St, Shelbyville, IL 62565, Phone: (217) 774-3986, Fax: (217) 774-3330, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
- Call Sign: KC9YUI, Licensee ID: L01782470
Grant Date: 04/19/2013, Expiration Date: 04/19/2023, Certifier: Philip G Hanfland
Registrant: Philip G Hanfland, Mount Auburn, IL 62547
FAA Registered Aircraft:
- Aircraft: TAYLORCRAFT BC12-D (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 78 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR A&C65 SERIES (65 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 95275 , Serial Number: 9675, Year manufactured: 1946, Airworthiness Date: 06/16/1959
Registrant (Co-Owned): Timothy L Morgan, 3065 N 2100 East Rd, Mount Auburn, IL 62547, Other Owners: Betty J Morgan
|Most common first names in Mount Auburn, IL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Mount Auburn, IL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Mount Auburn on our top lists:
- #46 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest wind speed differences during a year"
- #61 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Secondary school teachers"
- #89 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Computer specialists"
- #92 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Cooks and food preparation workers"
- #97 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Plastics and rubber products"
- #101 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Media and communication equipment workers"