Mount Gilead, North Carolina
Mount Gilead: Mount Gilead First United Methodist
Mount Gilead: Our Homestead
Mount Gilead: First United Methodist Church
Mount Gilead: Mount Gilead Store
Mount Gilead: Almost Spring!
Mount Gilead: Rick Bobo"s House
Mount Gilead: First Baptist Church, Mount Gilead, NC
Mount Gilead: Town Creek Indian Mound is located just minutes from Historic Downtown Mount Gilead.
Mount Gilead: This little park is located in Historic Downtown Mount Gilead, North Carolina.
Mount Gilead: Nearly 2,000 people bring their kids or attend spring soccer games in Mount Gilead, N.C.
Submit your own pictures of this town and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||39.3 years|
|North Carolina median age:||38.7 years|
Zip codes: 27306.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $19,230 (it was $16,236 in 2000)
Mount Gilead town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $99,809 (it was $68,000 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $112,846; Detached houses: $118,072; Mobile homes: $69,713
Median gross rent in 2016: $672.
Races in Mount Gilead, NC (2010)
- 65755.6%Black alone
- 48441.0%White alone
- 171.4%Two or more races
- 80.7%Asian alone
- 10.08%Other race alone
Latest news from Mount Gilead, NC collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (16.6%), English (5.4%), Scotch-Irish (4.1%), Scottish (2.5%), French (1.8%), German (1.8%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated in 1899
Land area: 3.27 square miles.
Population density: 358 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Mount Gilead:
- High school or higher: 84.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.9%
- Unemployed: 6.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 22.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Mount Gilead town:
- Never married: 33.8%
- Now married: 48.0%
- Separated: 3.6%
- Widowed: 7.2%
- Divorced: 7.4%
21 residents are foreign born
According to our research of North Carolina and other state lists there were 10 registered sex offenders living in Mount Gilead, North Carolina as of May 25, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Mount Gilead to the number of sex offenders is 115 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $910 (0.9%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $1,014 (1.0%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Concord, NC (36.0 miles , pop. 55,977).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Charlotte, NC (46.6 miles , pop. 540,828).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (424.5 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Norwood, NC (2.6 miles ), Ansonville, NC (3.1 miles ), Troy, NC (3.4 miles ), Aquadale, NC (3.5 miles ), Badin, NC (3.8 miles ), Albemarle, NC (3.8 miles ), Candor, NC (4.0 miles ), Biscoe, NC (4.0 miles ).
Latitude: 35.22 N, Longitude: 80.01 W
Area code: 910
|Crime rates in Mount Gilead by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 278.3)||381.6||413.9||306.6||178.9||270.7|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Mount Gilead detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||5.93|
|North Carolina average:||2.31|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (43%)
- Construction (18%)
- Health care and social assistance (9%)
- Retail trade (8%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (6%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (33%)
- Manufacturing (17%)
- Educational services (13%)
- Public administration (10%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (9%)
- Construction (4%)
- Transportation and warehousing (4%)
- Production occupations (32%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (21%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (8%)
- Sales and related occupations (6%)
- Material moving occupations (5%)
- Management occupations (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (4%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (20%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (13%)
- Production occupations (11%)
- Arts, design, entertainment, sports, and media occupations (11%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (10%)
- Personal care and service occupations (9%)
- Sales and related occupations (5%)
Average climate in Mount Gilead, North Carolina
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Mount Gilead-area historical tornado activity is slightly above North Carolina state average. It is 8% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/5/1989, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 31.8 miles away from the Mount Gilead town center killed one person and injured 6 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 3/28/1984, a category F4 tornado 41.7 miles away from the town center killed 7 people and injured 100 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Mount Gilead-area historical earthquake activity is near North Carolina state average. It is 86% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 169.2 miles away from the city center
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB) earthquake occurred 160.4 miles away from Mount Gilead center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 300.6 miles away from the city center
On 8/21/1992 at 16:31:55, a magnitude 4.4 (4.1 MB, 4.1 LG, 4.4 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 149.9 miles away from the city center
On 4/13/1998 at 09:56:11, a magnitude 3.9 (3.5 MB, 3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 49.4 miles away from Mount Gilead center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML) earthquake occurred 226.4 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Montgomery County (13) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 7, Droughts: 2, Blizzard: 1, Flood: 1, Freeze: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Storm: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Julius L. Chambers - Lawyer, Ray Scarborough - Baseball player and coach, Joe DeBerry - Baseball player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Mount Gilead:
Other hospitals and medical centers near Mount Gilead:
- FIRSTHEALTH MONTGOMERY MEMORIAL HOSP Critical Access Hospitals (about 13 miles away; TROY, NC)
- FORREST OAKES HEALTHCARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; ALBEMARLE, NC)
- ROBERT W THOMPSON GROUP HOME (Hospital, about 13 miles away; ALBEMARLE, NC)
- MARIE G. SMITH GROUP HOME (Hospital, about 14 miles away; ALBEMARLE, NC)
- A JACK WALL GROUP HOME (Hospital, about 14 miles away; ALBEMARLE, NC)
- STANLY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER Acute Care Hospitals (about 15 miles away; ALBEMARLE, NC)
- BMA ALBEMARLE (Dialysis Facility, about 16 miles away; ALBEMARLE, NC)
airports located in Mount Gilead:
- Jordan Field Airport (NR02) (Runways: 1)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Mount Gilead:
- Stanly Community College (about 16 miles; Albemarle, NC; Full-time enrollment: 2,307)
- Richmond Community College (about 28 miles; Hamlet, NC; FT enrollment: 2,106)
- Wingate University (about 30 miles; Wingate, NC; FT enrollment: 2,125)
- Randolph Community College (about 34 miles; Asheboro, NC; FT enrollment: 2,528)
- Sandhills Community College (about 34 miles; Pinehurst, NC; FT enrollment: 3,434)
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College (about 40 miles; Salisbury, NC; FT enrollment: 5,749)
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte (about 42 miles; Charlotte, NC; FT enrollment: 22,807)
Public high school in Mount Gilead:
- WEST MONTGOMERY HIGH (Location: 147 WARRIOR DRIVE, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Mount Gilead:
Church in Mount Gilead: Oak Ridge Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Park in Mount Gilead: Stanback Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 41.9. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2011 was 11.4. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 10.1 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 8.27. This is about average. Closest monitor was 10.1 miles away from the city center.
(19.5% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 31.1% for Black residents, 84.6% for American Indian residents)
|This town:||2.4 people|
|North Carolina:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
6 people in group homes for juveniles (non-correctional) in 2010
63 people in nursing homes in 2000
Banks with branches in Mount Gilead (2011 data):
- Mount Gilead Savings and Loan Association: Mount Gilead Savings And Loan Associ at 127 North Main Street, branch established on 1914/01/01. Info updated 2011/07/21: Bank assets: $11.3 mil, Deposits: $9.5 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Mortgage Lending Specialization, 1 total offices
- The Fidelity Bank: Mount Gilead Branch at 207 North Main Street, branch established on 1973/04/12. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $1,422.4 mil, Deposits: $1,234.1 mil, headquarters in Fuquay Varina, NC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 66 total offices, Holding Company: Fidelity Bancshares (N.C.), Inc.
- Branch Banking and Trust Company: Mount Gilead Main Branch at 200 North Main Street, branch established on 1967/07/24. Info updated 2010/03/29: Bank assets: $168,867.6 mil, Deposits: $127,549.5 mil, headquarters in Winston Salem, NC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1793 total offices, Holding Company: Bb&T Corporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
|North Carolina average:||12.0|
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Mount Gilead town (based on Montgomery County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Montgomery County:||1.46 / 10,000 pop.|
|North Carolina:||2.05 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montgomery County:||0.73 / 10,000 pop.|
|North Carolina:||0.92 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montgomery County:||5.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||4.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.57 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Mount Gilead, NC Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||2||$8,189||$49,134||1||$1,453|
|Police Protection - Officers||8||$20,723||$31,085||1||$638|
|Streets and Highways||0||$0||1||$421|
|Totals for Government||15||$41,136||$32,909||3||$2,512|
Mount Gilead government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - General: $1,276,000 ($1087.81)
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $312,000 ($265.98)
Sewerage: $284,000 ($242.11)
Central Staff Services: $184,000 ($156.86)
Water Utilities: $122,000 ($104.01)
Solid Waste Management: $78,000 ($66.50)
Regular Highways: $76,000 ($64.79)
Parks & Recreation: $45,000 ($38.36)
Fire Protection: $10,000 ($8.53)
General - Other: $9,000 ($7.67)
- General - Interest on Debt: $45,000 ($38.36)
- Other Capital Outlay - Regular Highways: $49,000 ($41.77)
Water Utilities: $43,000 ($36.66)
Parks & Recreation: $39,000 ($33.25)
Police Protection: $9,000 ($7.67)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $320,000 ($272.80)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
Mount Gilead government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $287,000 ($244.67)
Solid Waste Management: $30,000 ($25.58)
All Other: $1,000 ($0.85)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $91,000 ($77.58)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $156,000 ($132.99)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $65,000 ($55.41)
Interest Earnings: $11,000 ($9.38)
Rents: $1,000 ($0.85)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $123,000 ($104.86)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $1,050,000 ($895.14)
Transit Utilities: $92,000 ($78.43)
General Support: $57,000 ($48.59)
Highways: $51,000 ($43.48)
- Tax - Property: $326,000 ($277.92)
NEC: $8,000 ($6.82)
Mount Gilead government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $744,000 ($634.27)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $736,000 ($627.45)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $8,000 ($6.82)
Mount Gilead government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $522,000 ($445.01)
4.75% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($37,077 average adjusted gross income)
|North Carolina average:||7.13%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Randolph County, NC||0.60% ($23,925 average AGI)|
|from Moore County, NC||0.56% ($37,857)|
|from Stanly County, NC||0.54% ($31,468)|
5.11% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($24,529 average adjusted gross income)
|North Carolina average:||6.77%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Mount Gilead:
- WBT (1110 AM; 50 kW; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: JEFFERSON-PILOT COMMUNICATNS CO. OF NORTH CAROLINA)
- WTRU (830 AM; 50 kW; KERNERSVILLE, NC; Owner: TRUTH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WLWL (770 AM; daytime; 5 kW; ROCKINGHAM, NC; Owner: SANDHILLS BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WPTF (680 AM; 50 kW; RALEIGH, NC; Owner: FIRST STATE COMMUNICATIONS)
- WAGL (1560 AM; daytime; 50 kW; LANCASTER, SC; Owner: PALMETTO BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC.)
- WEEB (990 AM; 10 kW; SOUTHERN PINES, NC; Owner: PINEHURST BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WCEO (840 AM; daytime; 50 kW; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: EASTERN BROADCASTING GROUP, INC.)
- WNOW (1030 AM; daytime; 9 kW; MINT HILL, NC; Owner: CHARLOTTE METRO RADIO, INC.)
- WHKY (1290 AM; 50 kW; HICKORY, NC; Owner: LONG COMMUNICATIONS, LLC.)
- WBAJ (890 AM; daytime; 50 kW; BLYTHEWOOD, SC; Owner: FAMILY FIRST)
- WFTK (1030 AM; daytime; 50 kW; WAKE FOREST, NC; Owner: POSITIVE RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- WJRM (1390 AM; 1 kW; TROY, NC; Owner: FAMILY WORSHIP MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WSPC (1010 AM; 1 kW; ALBEMARLE, NC; Owner: NORMAN COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Mount Gilead:
- WYFQ-FM (93.5 FM; WADESBORO, NC; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WFAE (90.7 FM; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: UNIVERSITY RADIO FOUNDATION, INC.)
- WABZ-FM (100.9 FM; ALBEMARLE, NC; Owner: SUSQUEHANNA RADIO CORP.)
- WSOC-FM (103.7 FM; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- WWMG (96.1 FM; SHELBY, NC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WSSS (104.7 FM; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- WMAG (99.5 FM; HIGH POINT, NC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WKKT (96.9 FM; STATESVILLE, NC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WKRR (92.3 FM; ASHEBORO, NC; Owner: DICK BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC. OF TENNESSEE)
- WTHZ (94.1 FM; LEXINGTON, NC; Owner: DAVIDSON COUNTY BROADCASTING CO, INC)
- WTJY (89.5 FM; ASHEBORO, NC; Owner: POSITIVE ALTERNATIVE RADIO, INC.)
- WBFY (90.3 FM; PINEHURST, NC; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
TV broadcast stations around Mount Gilead:
- WFMY-TV (Channel 2; GREENSBORO, NC; Owner: WFMY TELEVISION CORPORATION)
- WUNG-TV (Channel 58; CONCORD, NC; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA)
- WUPN-TV (Channel 48; GREENSBORO, NC; Owner: WUPN LICENSEE, LLC)
- WXLV-TV (Channel 45; WINSTON-SALEM, NC; Owner: WXLV LICENSEE, LLC)
- WTWB-TV (Channel 20; LEXINGTON, NC; Owner: WTWB OF THE TRIAD, LLC)
- WLXI-TV (Channel 61; GREENSBORO, NC; Owner: TRI-STATE CHRISTIAN TV, INC.)
- WAFF (Channel 48; HUNTSVILLE, AL; Owner: RAYCOM AMERICA, INC.)
- WAXN (Channel 64; KANNAPOLIS, NC; Owner: WSOC-TV HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WGTB-LP (Channel 28; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: VICTORY CHRISTIAN CENTER, INC.)
- WSOC-TV (Channel 9; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: WSOC-TV HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WTVI (Channel 42; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: CHARLOTTE-MECKLENBURG PUBLIC BROADCASTING AUTHORITY)
- WGHP (Channel 8; HIGH POINT, NC; Owner: WGHP LICENSE, INC.)
- WCCB (Channel 18; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: NORTH CAROLINA BROADCASTING PARTNERS)
- W29BC (Channel 29; BISCOE, NC; Owner: WCNC-TV, INC.)
- W25BR (Channel 25; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: WORD OF GOD FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- W24AY (Channel 24; LILESVILLE/WADESBORO, NC; Owner: WCNC-TV, INC.)
- Mount Gilead, North Carolina
- Fatal accident count9
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents10
- Fatal accidents involving drunken persons:1
- Persons involved in fatal accidents17
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents0
- North Carolina average
- Fatal accident count122
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents188
- Fatal accidents involving drunken persons37
- Persons involved in fatal accidents330
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents21
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 3Number of bridges
- 13m43ftTotal length
- 9,780Total average daily traffic
- 677Total average daily truck traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:5 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Mount Gilead)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:25 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:1
- City Water Tank Cor N Main & Industry Ave (Lat: 35.344583 Lon: -80.001167), Structure height: 40 m, Call Sign: WNJK260
Assigned Frequencies: 865.137 MHzGrant Date: 07/10/2007, Expiration Date: 08/19/2017, Cancellation Date: 07/16/2014Registrant: Sprint Nextel Corporation, 12502 Sunrise Valley Drive, M/S: Varesa0209, Reston, VA 20196, Phone: (703) 433-4000, Fax: (703) 433-4483
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:4
- 115 Kv Substation (Lat: 35.409028 Lon: -80.009500), Type: Pole, Structure height: 12 m, Overall height: 15 m, Call Sign: WPIV497
Assigned Frequencies: 173.337 MHzGrant Date: 09/29/2000, Expiration Date: 11/03/2005, Cancellation Date: 08/19/2005, Certifier: E O QuarlesRegistrant: Carolina Power And Light Company, Raleigh, NC 27602-1981, Phone: (919) 546-2929, Fax: (919) 546-4339, Email:
- Landfill Rd (Lat: 35.332750 Lon: -79.960694), Type: Pole, Structure height: 6 m, Overall height: 7.6 m, Call Sign: WQAA606
Assigned Frequencies: 160.050 MHzGrant Date: 04/22/2004, Expiration Date: 04/22/2014, Cancellation Date: 10/04/2014, Certifier: Gray WallsRegistrant: Multitrode Inc, 6560 East Rogers Circle, Boca Raton, FL 33487, Phone: (561) 994-8090, Fax: (561) 994-6282
- LANDFILL RD, Landfill Rd (Lat: 35.332750 Lon: -79.960694), Type: Pole, Structure height: 6 m, Overall height: 7.6 m, Call Sign: WQVK324
Assigned Frequencies: 160.050 MHzGrant Date: 03/10/2015, Expiration Date: 03/10/2025, Certifier: Benny DennisRegistrant: Chicago Equipment Company Inc., West Dundee, IL 60118, Phone: (630) 871-5510, Email:
- Lat: 35.288056 Lon: -80.079722, Call Sign: WQWQ233, Licensee ID: L00932895
Assigned Frequencies: 457.525 MHz, 457.550 MHz, 457.575 MHz, 457.600 MHz, 467.800 MHz, 467.825 MHzGrant Date: 10/23/2015, Expiration Date: 04/20/2016, Certifier: Mark Lee HarrisRegistrant: Tillery Tradition Inc, 214 Tradition Dr, Mount Gilead, NC 27306-9240, Phone: (910) 439-5578, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:2
- STATION, Water Treatment Facility State Routes 118 & 110 (Lat: 35.219583 Lon: -80.045889), Overall height: 33.5 m, Call Sign: WNEL779
Assigned Frequencies: 957.350 MHzGrant Date: 11/08/1995, Expiration Date: 11/08/2000, Cancellation Date: 02/11/2001Registrant: Phone: (919) 439-6197
- STATION, Tillery Hydro Electric Plant (Lat: 35.209222 Lon: -80.062250), Type: Tower, Structure height: 92.2 m, Overall height: 96.3 m, Call Sign: WOP67, Licensee ID: L00002092
Assigned Frequencies: 6775.00 MHz, 6795.00 MHzGrant Date: 12/19/2007, Expiration Date: 01/07/2018, Cancellation Date: 02/11/2010Registrant: Carolina Power & Light Company D/B/A Progress Energy Carolinas, Inc., 100 E. Davie Street, Raleigh, NC 27601, Phone: (919) 546-2929, Fax: (919) 546-2285, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:16 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Mount Gilead)
FAA Registered Aircraft:2
- Aircraft: CESSNA R182 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 111 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-540 SERIES (250 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 6105S , Serial Number: R18201612, Year manufactured: 1980, Airworthiness Date: 07/15/1980
Registrant (Individual): Jack P Sr Jordan, Po Box 65, Mount Gilead, NC 27306
- Aircraft: BEECH 58 (Category: Land, Engines: 2, Seats: 6, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 165 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR IO 520 SERIES (285 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 758WP , Serial Number: TH-666, Year manufactured: 1975, Airworthiness Date: 08/14/1975
Registrant (Corporation): Anson Wood Products Inc, Po Box 98, Mount Gilead, NC 27306
|Most common first names in Mount Gilead, NC among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Mount Gilead, NC among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (67%)
- Utility gas (22%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (5%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (4%)
- Wood (2%)
Businesses in Mount Gilead, NC
- MasterBrand Cabinets: 1
Mount Gilead compared to North Carolina state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Mount Gilead on our top lists:
- #54 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Laos (population 500+)"
- #7 (27306) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Scotch-Irish first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"
- #14 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest Particulate Matter (PM10) Annual air pollution readings in 2012 (µg/m3)"
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2018.