Mount Vernon, Kentucky
Mount Vernon: Barns In Winter Mount Vernon ,KY Feb. 2007
Mount Vernon: A Stream in winter US 461 I Mount Vernon ,KY Feb. 2007
Mount Vernon: The Lake Mount Vernon ,KY Feb. 2007
Mount Vernon: mount vernon,ky.
Mount Vernon: Taken 02202010
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||34.4 years|
|Kentucky median age:||38.8 years|
Zip codes: 40456.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $14,342 (it was $11,849 in 2000)
Mount Vernon city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $85,893 (it was $50,200 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2015: $443.
Races in Mount Vernon, KY (2010)
- 2,43098.1%White alone
- 180.7%Two or more races
- 70.3%Black alone
- 60.2%American Indian alone
|Looking at Danville, KY as a retirement spot (37 replies)|
|London, KY - Info Please (96 replies)|
|Lexington vs Louisville: Home Resale Value? (16 replies)|
|A good rural county (30 replies)|
|Rentals in Mount Vernon (3 replies)|
|Visiting to Lexington (potential move) (8 replies)|
Latest news from Mount Vernon, KY collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (39.7%), Irish (12.5%), English (5.7%), German (5.6%), Italian (3.9%), Welsh (3.8%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 02/03/1818
Elevation: 1156 feet
Land area: 3.18 square miles.
Population density: 782 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Mount Vernon:
- High school or higher: 72.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.1%
- Unemployed: 8.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 17.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Mount Vernon city:
- Never married: 27.8%
- Now married: 42.5%
- Separated: 3.5%
- Widowed: 9.8%
- Divorced: 16.5%
4 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Kentucky and other state lists there were 21 registered sex offenders living in Mount Vernon, Kentucky as of September 25, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Mount Vernon to the number of sex offenders is 118 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $531 (0.6%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $362 (0.5%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Fayette, KY (46.6 miles , pop. 260,512).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (357.0 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Brodhead, KY (2.2 miles ), Conway, KY (2.6 miles ), Livingston, KY (2.9 miles ), Crab Orchard, KY (3.4 miles ), Sand Gap, KY (3.7 miles ), Paint Lick, KY (3.8 miles ), Berea, KY (3.8 miles ), Shopville, KY (3.9 miles ).
Latitude: 37.37 N, Longitude: 84.34 W
Area code: 606
|Crime rates in Mount Vernon by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 276.5)||201.8||164.8||218.0||104.1||100.2||153.9||256.0||97.8||139.6||90.3||81.8||90.9|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Mount Vernon detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||3.23|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -66 (-2.5%).
- Manufacturing (21%)
- Accommodation and food services (16%)
- Other services, except public administration (12%)
- Construction (12%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Transportation and warehousing (6%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Educational services (22%)
- Health care and social assistance (17%)
- Other services, except public administration (9%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Manufacturing (8%)
- Information (6%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (6%)
- Production occupations (18%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (16%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (15%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (11%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (7%)
- Transportation occupations (6%)
- Management occupations (4%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (23%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (17%)
- Sales and related occupations (11%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (9%)
- Healthcare support occupations (8%)
- Production occupations (8%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (8%)
Average climate in Mount Vernon, Kentucky
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Mount Vernon-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Kentucky state average. It is 3% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/3/1974, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 26.0 miles away from the Mount Vernon city center killed 7 people and injured 28 people.
On 4/3/1974, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 9.6 miles away from the city center .
Earthquake activity:Mount Vernon-area historical earthquake activity is near Kentucky state average. It is 78% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 61.8 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 207.7 miles away from Mount Vernon center
On 9/7/1988 at 02:28:09, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 59.3 miles away from the city center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML) earthquake occurred 110.4 miles away from the city center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 193.3 miles away from Mount Vernon center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 217.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Rockcastle County (19) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 15
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 10, Storms: 9, Tornadoes: 6, Mudslides: 5, Winter Storms: 5, Landslides: 3, Fires: 2, Snowstorms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Freeze: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snow: 1, Snowfall: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers in Mount Vernon:
- ROCKCASTLE COUNTY HOSPITAL, INC (Voluntary non-profit - Private, 145 NEWCOMB AVENUE)
- LIFELINE ROCKCASTLE HOME HEALTH (145 LEWIS STREET)
Other hospitals and medical centers near Mount Vernon:
- ROCKCASTLE HEALTH AND REHABILITATION CENTER (Nursing Home, about 5 miles away; BRODHEAD, KY)
- BEREA HOSPITAL CHI (Hospital, about 15 miles away; BEREA, KY)
- SAINT JOSEPH BEREA Critical Access Hospitals (about 15 miles away; BEREA, KY)
- THE TERRACE NURSING AND REHABILITATION CENTER (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; BEREA, KY)
- BEREA HEALTH CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; BEREA, KY)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Mount Vernon:
- Eastern Kentucky University (about 26 miles; Richmond, KY; Full-time enrollment: 13,525)
- Somerset Community College (about 27 miles; Somerset, KY; FT enrollment: 4,698)
- University of the Cumberlands (about 45 miles; Williamsburg, KY; FT enrollment: 3,585)
- Bluegrass Community and Technical College (about 47 miles; Lexington, KY; FT enrollment: 8,560)
- University of Kentucky (about 47 miles; Lexington, KY; FT enrollment: 23,517)
- Campbellsville University (about 56 miles; Campbellsville, KY; FT enrollment: 2,948)
- Lindsey Wilson College (about 57 miles; Columbia, KY; FT enrollment: 2,552)
Public high schools in Mount Vernon:
- ROCKCASTLE COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 912, Location: 1545 HWY 461, Grades: 9-12)
- ROCKCASTLE ACADEMY FOR ACADEMIC ACH (Location: 955 W MAIN ST, Grades: 7-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Mount Vernon:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- wobz-lp 9 is now a class a station (wobz-ca 9)
Notable locations in Mount Vernon: Mount Vernon Volunteer Fire Department (A), Kentucky Music Hall of Fame and Museum (B), Renfro Valley Barn Dance and Pioneer Museum (C), Rockcastle County Ambulance Service (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Mount Vernon: Rose Hill Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemetery: Elmwood Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Reservoir: Lake Linville (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Creek: Little Renfro Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attractions: Kentucky Music Hall of Fame & Museum (2590 Richmond Street), I-75 Speedway Inc (Arcades & Amusements; 1495 Cove Branch Rd).
Hotels: Days Inn Mt Vernon Renfro Vly (1630 Richmond Street), Kastle Inn Motel (I-75 US 25 Exit 59), Super 8 Mount Vernon KY (US 25 And I 75 Exit 59), Econo Lodge Renfro Valley (1375 Richmond Street).
Courts: Kentucky State - Mt Vernon- Administrative Office Of Courts- Family C (205 East Main Street), Rockcastle County - Court Clerk (Court House), Supreme Court (101 Rock Castle Co Jud Centre).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 52.1. This is significantly better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 28.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 16.5 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2005 was 19.6. This is about average. Closest monitor was 24.0 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 8.77. This is about average. Closest monitor was 24.0 miles away from the city center.
(37.7% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 34.7% for American Indian residents, 100.0% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.1% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
People in group quarters in Mount Vernon in 2010:
- 102 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 88 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 5 people in emergency and transitional shelters (with sleeping facilities) for people experiencing homelessness
People in group quarters in Mount Vernon in 2000:
- 90 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 72 people in nursing homes
- 4 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
Banks with branches in Mount Vernon (2011 data):
- Community Trust Bank, Inc.: Mt. Vernon East Main Branch at 120 East Main Street, branch established on 1997/07/21; Mt. Vernon Branch at 2134 Lake Cumberland Rd, branch established on 1999/09/20. Info updated 2011/03/25: Bank assets: $3,573.0 mil, Deposits: $2,890.4 mil, headquarters in Pikeville, KY, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 80 total offices, Holding Company: Community Trust Bancorp, Inc.
- Peoples Bank and Trust Company of Madison County: Mt. Vernon Branch at 350 Richmond Street, branch established on 2001/08/13. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $410.4 mil, Deposits: $314.5 mil, headquarters in Berea, KY, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 11 total offices, Holding Company: Whitaker Bank Corporation Of Kentucky
- Citizens Bank: at 411 New Brodhead Road, branch established on 1904/01/01. Info updated 2009/05/26: Bank assets: $132.8 mil, Deposits: $104.8 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: Rockcastle Bancorp, Inc.
- PBK BANK, INC.: Mount Vernon Office Branch at 810 West Main St, branch established on 2006/11/06. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $113.8 mil, Deposits: $98.0 mil, headquarters in Stanford, KY, positive income, 6 total offices, Holding Company: Community Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Mount Vernon city (based on Rockcastle County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Rockcastle County:||2.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kentucky:||2.19 / 10,000 pop.|
|Rockcastle County:||1.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kentucky:||0.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|Rockcastle County:||3.00 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.74 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Mount Vernon, KY Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Police Protection - Officers||9||$27,459||$36,612||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||1||$5,283||$63,396||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||6||$15,609||$31,218||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||58||$173,126||$35,819||0||$0|
Mount Vernon government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $885,000 ($356.57)
Police Protection: $331,000 ($133.36)
Sewerage: $298,000 ($120.06)
Central Staff Services: $120,000 ($48.35)
Financial Administration: $85,000 ($34.25)
Fire Protection: $11,000 ($4.43)
Parks & Recreation: $9,000 ($3.63)
- General - Interest on Debt: $27,000 ($10.88)
- Other Capital Outlay - Police Protection: $17,000 ($6.85)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $922,000 ($371.47)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $188,000 ($75.75)
Mount Vernon government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $422,000 ($170.02)
Parks & Recreation: $5,000 ($2.01)
All Other: $2,000 ($0.81)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $55,000 ($22.16)
Interest Earnings: $51,000 ($20.55)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $1,065,000 ($429.09)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $40,000 ($16.12)
- Tax - Individual Income: $185,000 ($74.54)
Property: $142,000 ($57.21)
NEC: $82,000 ($33.04)
Public Utilities: $59,000 ($23.77)
Mount Vernon government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $5,258,000 ($2118.45)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $599,000 ($241.34)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $5,046,000 ($2033.04)
Other, NEC: $540,000 ($217.57)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $212,000 ($85.41)
Other, NEC: $59,000 ($23.77)
Mount Vernon government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $900,000 ($362.61)
5.45% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($26,369 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Madison County, KY||1.72% ($27,989 average AGI)|
|from Laurel County, KY||0.43% ($35,636)|
|from Lincoln County, KY||0.39% ($20,700)|
5.30% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($25,894 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Mount Vernon:
- WRVK (1460 AM; 1 kW; MOUNT VERNON, KY; Owner: SAYLOR BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WHAS (840 AM; 50 kW; LOUISVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WKVL (850 AM; daytime; 50 kW; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: HORNE RADIO, LLC)
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WGWM (980 AM; 1 kW; LONDON, KY; Owner: WGWM BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WKDP (1330 AM; 5 kW; CORBIN, KY; Owner: EUBANKS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WKLB (1290 AM; 5 kW; MANCHESTER, KY; Owner: BARKER BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WEKC (710 AM; daytime; 4 kW; WILLIAMSBURG, KY; Owner: GERALD PARKS)
- WVLK (590 AM; 5 kW; LEXINGTON, KY; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WLAP (630 AM; 5 kW; LEXINGTON, KY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WTVN (610 AM; 50 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WMTC (730 AM; 5 kW; VANCLEVE, KY; Owner: THE KENTUCKY MOUNTAIN HOLINESS ASSN.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Mount Vernon:
- WLFX (106.7 FM; BEREA, KY; Owner: WALLINGFORD COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WYGE (92.3 FM; LONDON, KY; Owner: ETHEL HUFF BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WLLK (93.9 FM; BURNSIDE, KY; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WCYO (100.7 FM; IRVINE, KY; Owner: KENTUCKY RIVER BROADCASTING CO.)
- WTHL (90.5 FM; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: SOMERSET EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- WSEK (97.1 FM; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WTBK (105.7 FM; MANCHESTER, KY; Owner: MANCHESTER COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WXKY-FM (96.3 FM; STANFORD, KY; Owner: LINCOLN-GARRARD BROADCASTING CO.,INC)
- WKDP-FM (99.5 FM; CORBIN, KY; Owner: EUBANKS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WEKU (88.9 FM; RICHMOND, KY; Owner: EASTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY)
- WWEL (103.9 FM; LONDON, KY; Owner: F.T.G. BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WWAG (107.9 FM; MCKEE, KY; Owner: DANDY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WRNZ (105.1 FM; LANCASTER, KY; Owner: HOMETOWN BROADCASTING OF LANCASTER, INC.)
- W277AA (103.3 FM; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY)
TV broadcast stations around Mount Vernon:
- WBLU-LP (Channel 62; LEXINGTON, KY; Owner: SANDRA B. POWLEY)
- WDKY-TV (Channel 56; DANVILLE, KY; Owner: WDKY LICENSEE, LLC)
- WKSO-TV (Channel 29; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: KENTUCKY AUTHORITY FOR EDUCATIONAL TV)
- WLJC-TV (Channel 65; BEATTYVILLE, KY; Owner: HOUR OF HARVEST, INC.)
- WKLE (Channel 46; LEXINGTON, KY; Owner: KENTUCKY AUTHORITY FOR EDUCATIONAL TV)
- WOBZ-LP (Channel 9; EAST BERNSTADT, ETC., KY; Owner: ANDREA JOY KESLER)
- WLEX-TV (Channel 18; LEXINGTON, KY; Owner: WLEX COMMUNICATIONS, L.L.C.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 9Number of bridges
- 42m138ftTotal length
- $390,000Total costs
- 80,697Total average daily traffic
- 16,584Total average daily truck traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Mount Vernon)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:36 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:11 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Mount Vernon, KY)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:6
- STATION, Big Hill S Side Of Burnt Ridge Rd .09 Mi W Of Us 421 (Lat: 37.527028 Lon: -84.222139), Overall height: 6.1 m, Call Sign: WNTU266
Assigned Frequencies: 6685.00 MHzGrant Date: 01/31/1994, Expiration Date: 01/31/1999Registrant: Phone: (606) 624-4787
- Various Locations (Lat: 37.350083 Lon: -84.328528), Overall height: 6.1 m, Call Sign: WPNL684
Assigned Frequencies: 956.343 MHzGrant Date: 02/26/2013, Expiration Date: 03/20/2023Registrant: Keller And Heckman LLP, 1001 G Street, Nw, Suite 500 West, Washington, DC 20001, Phone: (202) 434-4100, Fax: (202) 434-4646, Email:
- MOUNT VERNON, N Of Us 27 1.1 Km E (Lat: 37.350083 Lon: -84.328611), Type: Tower, Structure height: 76.2 m, Overall height: 82.3 m, Call Sign: WPRR364
Assigned Frequencies: 6286.19 MHz, 6315.84 MHz, 6152.75 MHz, 6555.00 MHz, 6345.49 MHz, 6625.00 MHzGrant Date: 12/07/2010, Expiration Date: 12/21/2020, Certifier: John R MccallRegistrant: Keller And Heckman LLP, 1001 G Street, Nw, Suite 500 West, Washington, DC 20001, Phone: (202) 434-4100, Fax: (202) 434-4646, Email:
- 11-10DOANRDG, Doan Ridge Lookout Tower (Lat: 37.339917 Lon: -84.383111), Type: Tower, Structure height: 79.9 m, Overall height: 84.7 m, Call Sign: WQHC209
Assigned Frequencies: 6546.25 MHzGrant Date: 06/25/2007, Expiration Date: 06/25/2017, Certifier: William F HaysRegistrant: Kentucky Emergency Warning System, 85 State Police Road, London, KY 40741, Phone: (502) 564-5397, Fax: (502) 564-6726, Email:
- STATION, 0.1 Mi N Of Hwy Ky 25 0.7 Mi E Of (Lat: 37.350083 Lon: -84.328528), Overall height: 76.2 m, Call Sign: KIQ81
Assigned Frequencies: 6815.00 MHz, 6835.00 MHzGrant Date: 11/05/1996, Expiration Date: 02/01/2000, Cancellation Date: 05/07/2000Registrant: Phone: (606) 255-1461
- STATION, Freedom School Rd 3/4 Mi From Us 150 E Of (Lat: 37.340056 Lon: -84.383250), Overall height: 84.7 m, Call Sign: WEE469
Assigned Frequencies: 2141.20 MHzGrant Date: 07/17/2009, Expiration Date: 10/13/2019, Cancellation Date: 06/18/2012Registrant: Kentucky Emergency Warning System, 85 State Police Road, London, KY 40741, Phone: (502) 564-5397, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:12 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Mount Vernon)
FAA Registered Aircraft:3
- Aircraft: YOUNG VIRGIL R SUPER BEE (Category: Land, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: ROTAX 503 (52 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 373UY , Serial Number: 001, Year manufactured: 2009, Airworthiness Date: 06/27/2009
Registrant (Individual): Virgil R Young, 7891 Climax Rd, Mount Vernon, KY 40456
- Aircraft: YOUNG VIRGIL R BLUE BIRD (Category: Land, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: AMA/EXPR UNKNOWN ENG (2 Cycle)
N-Number: 582VY , Serial Number: 001, Year manufactured: 2015, Airworthiness Date: 07/23/2015
Registrant (Individual): Virgil R Young, 7891 Climax Rd, Mount Vernon, KY 40456
- Aircraft: HART WICHAWK (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: AEROSPORT O-360-A1A (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 66WH , Serial Number: 52, Year manufactured: 1979, Airworthiness Date: 06/06/2015
Registrant (Corporation): Six Six Whiskey Hotel LLC, 359 Gadd Cemetery Rd, Mount Vernon, KY 40456
|Most common first names in Mount Vernon, KY among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Mount Vernon, KY among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (92%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (4%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
- Wood (1%)
- Utility gas (0%)
|Businesses in Mount Vernon, KY|
|Days Inn||1||Rite Aid||1|
Mount Vernon compared to Kentucky state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
Mount Vernon on our top lists:
- #86 on the list of "Top 100 high-educated but low-earning cities"
- #38 (40456) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of United States first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"
Total of 5 patent applications in 2008-2017.