We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||63.4 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54821.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $27,111 (it was $17,576 in 2000)
Namakagon town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $347,254 (it was $196,400 in 2000)
Races in Namakagon, WI (2010)
- 24398.8%White alone
- 10.4%American Indian alone
- 10.4%Asian alone
- 10.4%Two or more races
Ancestries: German (34.0%), Norwegian (12.6%), English (9.8%), United States (7.7%), Irish (6.7%), Swedish (6.7%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 65.0 square miles.
Population density: 3.8 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Namakagon:
- High school or higher: 79.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 15.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.5%
- Unemployed: 11.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 34.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Namakagon town:
- Never married: 10.0%
- Now married: 66.4%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 8.7%
- Divorced: 14.8%
2 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Namakagon town:||1.7% ($3,259)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Duluth, MN (64.5 miles , pop. 86,918).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Paul, MN (131.8 miles , pop. 287,151).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (345.2 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Grandview, WI (2.6 miles ), Clam Lake, WI (2.8 miles) , Spider Lake, WI (2.8 miles ), Cable, WI (3.2 miles ), Grand View, WI (3.4 miles) , Marengo, WI (3.6 miles ), Drummond, WI (3.7 miles ), Round Lake, WI (3.7 miles ).
Latitude: 46.20 N, Longitude: 91.06 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 715
Unemployment by year (%)
- Accommodation and food services (24%)
- Public administration (16%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (12%)
- Construction (10%)
- Wood products (10%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (6%)
- Other transportation, and support activities, and couriers (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (35%)
- Gasoline stations (24%)
- Health care (14%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (8%)
- Air transportation (8%)
- Construction (5%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (10%)
- Material moving workers except supervisors and laborers and material movers, hand (10%)
- Top executives (8%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (8%)
- Other food preparation and serving workers including supervisors (8%)
- Carpenters (8%)
- Food and beverage serving workers except waiters/waitresses (6%)
- Cashiers (14%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (11%)
- Transportation, tourism, and lodging attendants (8%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (8%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (8%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (8%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (8%)
Average climate in Namakagon, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Namakagon-area historical tornado activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 62% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/8/1985, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 33.8 miles away from the Namakagon town center killed 2 people and injured 42 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 5/10/1953, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 57.4 miles away from the town center killed 2 people and injured 24 people.
Earthquake activity:Namakagon-area historical earthquake activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 96% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 242.6 miles away from the city center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 254.5 miles away from Namakagon center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 345.1 miles away from the city center
On 10/20/1995 at 15:57:18, a magnitude 3.7 (3.7 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 280.5 miles away from the city center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 429.4 miles away from Namakagon center
On 2/9/1994 at 08:45:35, a magnitude 3.1 (3.1 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 208.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Bayfield County (5) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 3
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 3, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Storm: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Namakagon:
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (about 52 miles; Shell Lake, WI; Full-time enrollment: 2,414)
- University of Wisconsin-Superior (about 61 miles; Superior, WI; FT enrollment: 2,302)
- University of Minnesota-Duluth (about 65 miles; Duluth, MN; FT enrollment: 10,612)
- The College of Saint Scholastica (about 66 miles; Duluth, MN; FT enrollment: 3,762)
- Lake Superior College (about 66 miles; Duluth, MN; FT enrollment: 3,768)
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (about 100 miles; Eau Claire, WI; FT enrollment: 10,143)
- Chippewa Valley Technical College (about 100 miles; Eau Claire, WI; FT enrollment: 4,038)
Notable locations in Namakagon: Clam Lake Field Station (A), Namekagon Townhall (B), Namakagon Volunteer Fire Department (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Patsy Lake (A), Range Line Lake (B), Rock Lake (C), Spring Lake (D), Tank Lake (E), Trail Lake (F), Twin Lakes (G), White Bass Lake (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creek: Castle Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
|This town:||1.9 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 2.3% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Namakagon town (based on Bayfield County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Bayfield County:||3.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Bayfield County:||8.63 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||26.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
5.52% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($49,643 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Ashland County, WI||0.88% ($28,127 average AGI)|
|from Douglas County, WI||0.58% ($40,111)|
|from St. Louis County, MN||0.26% ($37,500)|
4.70% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,601 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Namakagon:
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WHSM (910 AM; 5 kW; HAYWARD, WI; Owner: QB BROADCASTING, LTD.)
- WJMS (590 AM; 5 kW; IRONWOOD, MI; Owner: ROBERTS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WDSM (710 AM; 10 kW; SUPERIOR, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- WWJC (850 AM; daytime; 10 kW; DULUTH, MN; Owner: WWJC, INC.)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- KSTP (1500 AM; 50 kW; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: KSTP-AM, LLC (DELAWARE))
- KDAL (610 AM; 5 kW; DULUTH, MN; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KFAN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KTIS (900 AM; 25 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: NORTHWESTERN COLLEGE)
Strongest FM radio stations in Namakagon:
- WOJB (88.9 FM; RESERVE, WI; Owner: LAC COURTE OREILLES OJIBWA PUBLIC)
- WEGZ (105.9 FM; WASHBURN, WI; Owner: KEWEENAW BAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WHSA (89.9 FM; BRULE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WHSM-FM (101.1 FM; HAYWARD, WI; Owner: QB BROADCASTING, LTD.)
- WNXR (107.3 FM; IRON RIVER, WI; Owner: GERALD J. HACKMAN)
- WJJH (96.7 FM; ASHLAND, WI; Owner: BAY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRLS-FM (92.3 FM; HAYWARD, WI; Owner: VACATIONLAND BROADCASTER, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Namakagon:
- WLEF-TV (Channel 36; PARK FALLS, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- K31GH (Channel 31; HAYWARD, WI; Owner: KQDS ACQUISITION CORP.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 5Number of bridges
- 14m46ftTotal length
- 2,200Total average daily traffic
- 51Total average daily truck traffic
- 3,520Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (66%)
- Electricity (19%)
- Wood (14%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (2%)
Namakagon compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
Namakagon on our top lists:
- #71 on the list of "Top 100 cities with highest ratio of median house value to median household income"