Neversink, New York
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||44.8 years|
|New York median age:||40.7 years|
Zip codes: 12765.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $24,611 (it was $19,260 in 2000)
Neversink town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $202,278 (it was $109,300 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $222,774; Detached houses: $233,206; Townhouses or other attached units: $431,010; In 2-unit structures: $247,469; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $363,737; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $131,549; Mobile homes: $71,317
Races in Neversink, NY (2010)
- 3,30692.9%White alone
- 451.3%Black alone
- 421.2%Two or more races
- 210.6%Asian alone
- 90.3%American Indian alone
- 50.1%Other race alone
|Where is Diamond City upstate NY? (59 replies)|
|Port Jervis vs other places in Orange Co. to relocate? (18 replies)|
|What is Upstate??? (223 replies)|
|Catskills Advice (4 replies)|
|move to ellenville? (10 replies)|
|Fall foliage in the Catskills (10 replies)|
Latest news from Neversink, NY collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Irish (19.1%), German (15.5%), English (11.6%), Italian (9.7%), Dutch (6.6%), United States (5.9%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 1633 feet
Land area: 82.9 square miles.
Population density: 43 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Neversink:
- High school or higher: 83.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 20.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.1%
- Unemployed: 5.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 29.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Neversink town:
- Never married: 20.4%
- Now married: 65.7%
- Separated: 0.8%
- Widowed: 6.3%
- Divorced: 6.7%
213 residents are foreign born (3.4% Europe, 1.6% Asia).
According to our research of New York and other state lists there were 2 registered sex offenders living in Neversink, New York as of August 30, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Neversink to the number of sex offenders is 1,763 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Neversink town:||1.1% ($1,177)|
|New York:||1.9% ($2,847)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Ramapo, NY (57.3 miles , pop. 108,905).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Bronx, NY (79.2 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Denning, NY (2.9 miles ), Fallsburg, NY (2.9 miles ), Liberty, NY (2.9 miles ), South Fallsburg, NY (3.1 miles ), Woodridge, NY (3.2 miles ), Livingston Manor, NY (3.5 miles ), Rockland, NY (3.6 miles ), Wawarsing, NY (3.6 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 9 buildings, average cost: $86,600
- 1998: 13 buildings, average cost: $135,200
- 1999: 11 buildings, average cost: $103,000
- 2000: 11 buildings, average cost: $115,600
- 2001: 15 buildings, average cost: $146,200
- 2002: 26 buildings, average cost: $124,800
- 2003: 15 buildings, average cost: $176,400
- 2004: 16 buildings, average cost: $156,200
- 2005: 21 buildings, average cost: $203,800
- 2006: 17 buildings, average cost: $182,300
- 2007: 14 buildings, average cost: $161,700
- 2008: 11 buildings, average cost: $88,200
- 2009: 9 buildings, average cost: $165,000
- 2010: 12 buildings, average cost: $155,400
- 2011: 7 buildings, average cost: $181,400
- 2012: 6 buildings, average cost: $195,800
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 41.86 N, Longitude: 74.60 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 845
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
- Public administration (25%)
- Construction (21%)
- Educational services (12%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (4%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (4%)
- Metal and metal products (3%)
- Educational services (33%)
- Health care (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (10%)
- Finance and insurance (9%)
- Social assistance (8%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Private households (3%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (14%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (9%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Carpenters (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (4%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Drafters, engineering, and mapping technicians (4%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (12%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (8%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (7%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Registered nurses (5%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (4%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
Average climate in Neversink, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Neversink-area historical tornado activity is slightly above New York state average. It is 46% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/31/1998, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 25.9 miles away from the Neversink town center injured 12 people and caused $3 million in damages.
On 7/10/1989, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 46.4 miles away from the town center injured 20 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Neversink-area historical earthquake activity is near New York state average. It is 87% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 145.6 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi) earthquake occurred 187.3 miles away from Neversink center
On 1/16/1994 at 01:49:16, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 129.6 miles away from the city center
On 6/17/1991 at 08:53:16, a magnitude 4.1 (4.0 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 53.7 miles away from the city center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 190.0 miles away from Neversink center
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 300.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Sullivan County (21) is a lot greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 15
Emergencies Declared: 6
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 11, Floods: 10, Blizzards: 2, Snowstorms: 2, Hurricane: 1, Power Outage: 1, Tornado: 1, Tropical Depression: 1, Water Shortage: 1, Other: 2 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Medal of Honor Recipients
Medal of Honor Recipient born in Neversink: Thomas D. Collins.
Hospitals and medical centers near Neversink:
- SULLIVAN COUNTY ADULT CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; LIBERTY, NY)
- SDTC - THE CENTER FOR DISCOVERY (Hospital, about 9 miles away; LIBERTY, NY)
- ACHIEVE REHAB AND NURSING FACILITY (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; LIBERTY, NY)
- HOSPICE OF SULLIVAN COUNTY INC (Hospital, about 15 miles away; MONTICELLO, NY)
- CATSKILL DIALYSIS CENTER (Dialysis Facility, about 16 miles away; MONTICELLO, NY)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Neversink:
- Ulster County Community College (about 24 miles; Stone Ridge, NY; Full-time enrollment: 2,207)
- State University of New York at New Paltz (about 28 miles; New Paltz, NY; FT enrollment: 7,319)
- Orange County Community College (about 31 miles; Middletown, NY; FT enrollment: 4,742)
- SUNY College of Technology at Delhi (about 34 miles; Delhi, NY; FT enrollment: 2,911)
- Culinary Institute of America (about 36 miles; Hyde Park, NY; FT enrollment: 3,869)
- Marist College (about 36 miles; Poughkeepsie, NY; FT enrollment: 5,536)
- Dutchess Community College (about 37 miles; Poughkeepsie, NY; FT enrollment: 6,554)
Notable locations in Neversink: Lowes Corners (A), Willowemoc Campsite (B), Camp Pine (C), Grahamsville Wastewater Treatment Plant (D), Neversink Town Hall (E), Daniel Pierce Library (F), Grahamsville Volunteer Fire Department (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Neversink: Eureka Baptist Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemetery: Rural Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Long Pond (A), Lake Paradise (B), Beaverdam Pond (C), Neversink Reservoir (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Butternut Brook (A), Theodore Gordon Brook (B), Sugarloaf Brook (C), Fir Brook (D), Fall Brook (E), East Branch Neversink River (F), Red Brook (G), Dry Brook (H), Aden Brook (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 60.6. This is better than average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 0.314. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 20.6 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 32.5. This is about average. Closest monitor was 20.6 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2004 was 11.1. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 20.6 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Neversink and their reported violations in the past:NEVERSINK NUTRITION SITE (Population served: 25, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- 3 routine major monitoring violations
|This town:||2.4 people|
|New York:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Neversink compared to New York state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
Banks with branches in Neversink (2011 data):
- Catskill Hudson Bank: Shumway Road & Nys Route 5 Branch at 4 Schumway Road, Suite 3, branch established on 2005/10/21. Info updated 2011/01/31: Bank assets: $351.7 mil, Deposits: $315.6 mil, headquarters in Rock Hill, NY, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 13 total offices, Holding Company: Catskill Hudson Bancorp, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
|New York average:||14.2|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (61%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (18%)
- Wood (12%)
- Electricity (8%)
- Coal or coke (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Neversink town (based on Sullivan County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Sullivan County:||4.06 / 10,000 pop.|
|New York:||4.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.06 / 10,000 pop.|
|Sullivan County:||2.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|New York:||0.92 / 10,000 pop.|
|Sullivan County:||5.63 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.68 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||10.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.82 / 10,000 pop.|
4.84% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($54,403 average adjusted gross income)
|New York average:||5.06%|
0.04% of residents moved from foreign countries ($353 average AGI)
Sullivan County: 0.04% New York average: 0.08%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Orange County, NY||1.19% ($38,695 average AGI)|
|from Ulster County, NY||0.31% ($33,115)|
|from Queens County, NY||0.29% ($68,654)|
5.73% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($39,386 average adjusted gross income)
|New York average:||5.46%|
0.05% of residents moved to foreign countries ($331 average AGI)
Sullivan County: 0.05% New York average: 0.11%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Neversink:
- WELV (1370 AM; daytime; 5 kW; ELLENVILLE, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WVOS (1240 AM; 1 kW; LIBERTY, NY; Owner: MOUNTAIN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WGNY (1220 AM; 10 kW; NEWBURGH, NY; Owner: SUNRISE BROADCASTING LLC)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Neversink:
- WFKP (99.3 FM; ELLENVILLE, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WPDA (106.1 FM; JEFFERSONVILLE, NY; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WGWR (88.1 FM; LIBERTY, NY; Owner: SOUND OF LIFE, INC.)
- WJFF (90.5 FM; JEFFERSONVILLE, NY; Owner: RADIO CATSKILL)
- WAMK (90.9 FM; KINGSTON, NY; Owner: W A M C)
- WFGB (89.7 FM; KINGSTON, NY; Owner: SOUND OF LIFE, INC.)
- WVOS-FM (95.9 FM; LIBERTY, NY; Owner: MOUNTAIN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WZAD (97.3 FM; WURTSBORO, NY; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WSUL (98.3 FM; MONTICELLO, NY; Owner: REYNOLDS COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WPDH (101.5 FM; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WOSR (91.7 FM; MIDDLETOWN, NY; Owner: WAMC)
- WFNP (88.7 FM; ROSENDALE, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- WRHV (88.7 FM; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY; Owner: WMHT EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS)
- WGKR (105.3 FM; GRAND GORGE, NY; Owner: SOUND OF LIFE, INC.)
- WCZX (97.7 FM; HYDE PARK, NY; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WRRB (96.9 FM; ARLINGTON, NY; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WRIP (97.9 FM; WINDHAM, NY; Owner: RIP RADIO, LLC)
- WBWZ (93.3 FM; NEW PALTZ, NY; Owner: CLEVELAND RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WRWD-FM (107.3 FM; HIGHLAND, NY; Owner: CLEVELAND RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WJUX (99.7 FM; MONTICELLO, NY; Owner: MONTICELLO MOUNTAIN TOP BROADCASTING, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Neversink:
- W30AZ (Channel 30; LIBERTY, NY; Owner: JOHN MESTER INCOME FAMILY TRUST)
- W27AL (Channel 27; MONTICELLO, NY; Owner: JOHN MESTER INCOME FAMILY TRUST)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2013 (per 100,000 population)
Neversink fatal accident list:
Jul 22, 2005 07:53 AM, Sr-55, Divine Corners Rd, Vehicles: 3, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1
Nov 5, 2004 01:30 PM, Sr-55a, Lackawack Hill, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
Aug 19, 2000 08:05 PM, Fairgrounds Rd, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 4, Pedestrians: 1, Fatalities: 1
Sep 11, 2000 11:55 PM, Pole Rd, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 37Number of bridges
- 77m253ftTotal length
- $65,224,000Total costs
- 17,846Total average daily traffic
- 1,209Total average daily truck traffic
- 24,123Total future (year 2000) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:1
- Intake Chamber Neversink Reservoir (Lat: 41.830639 Lon: -74.638500), Call Sign: KED834
Assigned Frequencies: 37.5000 MHz, 47.9600 MHz
Grant Date: 12/02/2010, Expiration Date: 01/15/2021
Registrant: Department Of Information Technology And Telecommunications, 15 Metrotech Center - 18th Fl, Brooklyn, NY 11201, Phone: (718) 403-8430, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:1
- THUNDERHILL, Thunder Hill Rd 2 Mi Wsw Jct Rt 52 (Lat: 41.835083 Lon: -74.576556), Type: Tower, Structure height: 17.1 m, Call Sign: WNTI364
Assigned Frequencies: 959.150 MHz, 956.700 MHz
Grant Date: 03/16/2012, Expiration Date: 05/19/2022
Registrant: County Of Sullivan Division Of Public Works, 100 North Street, Government Center, Monticello, NY 12701, Phone: (845) 807-0308, Fax: (845) 807-0335
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Neversink)
FAA Registered Aircraft:1
- Aircraft: CESSNA 182Q (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 112 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR O-470 SERIES (230 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 759DS , Serial Number: 18265916, Year manufactured: 1977, Airworthiness Date: 08/31/1977
Registrant (Individual): Gregory J Goldstein, 344 Myers Rd, Neversink, NY 12765
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 6
- Hazardous Condition: 7
Incident types - Neversink
|Most common first names in Neversink, NY among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Neversink, NY among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|