New Limerick, Maine
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||51.4 years|
|Maine median age:||43.0 years|
Zip codes: 04730.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $23,289 (it was $14,940 in 2000)
New Limerick town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $125,699 (it was $74,300 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $125,039; Detached houses: $133,261; Townhouses or other attached units: $227,405; In 2-unit structures: $202,827; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $29,654; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $218,247; Mobile homes: $46,901; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $121,366
Races in New Limerick, ME (2010)
- 50198.2%White alone
- 51.0%Two or more races
- 20.4%Black alone
|Information about Houlton and area?? (15 replies)|
|Why do people think I'm nuts for wanting to move to Aroostook county? (58 replies)|
|high taxes in maine (36 replies)|
|Merrill Maine here we come (a continuation of the post abt Aroostook) (6 replies)|
|Driving from Bangor to Stockholm (5 replies)|
|This may be the cheapest house I've ever seen (21 replies)|
Latest news from New Limerick, ME collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (23.5%), United States (19.7%), Irish (15.9%), French (11.1%), Scottish (2.9%), German (2.5%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 398 feet
Land area: 18.5 square miles.
Population density: 28 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in New Limerick:
- High school or higher: 80.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.6%
- Unemployed: 0.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 20.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in New Limerick town:
- Never married: 14.9%
- Now married: 67.7%
- Separated: 0.7%
- Widowed: 10.1%
- Divorced: 6.6%
24 residents are foreign born (3.3% North America, 1.0% Asia).
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|New Limerick town:||1.0% ($711)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (203.1 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (304.2 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (469.0 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Ludlow, ME (1.4 miles ), Linneus, ME (1.8 miles ), Smyrna, ME (2.4 miles ), Houlton, ME (2.6 miles ), Oakfield, ME (2.7 miles ), Hodgdon, ME (2.8 miles ), Hammond, ME (2.9 miles) , Littleton, ME (3.2 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1998: 1 building, cost: $125,000
- 1999: 1 building, cost: $125,000
- 2001: 1 building, cost: $80,000
- 2002: 3 buildings, average cost: $75,000
- 2003: 2 buildings, average cost: $75,000
- 2004: 2 buildings, average cost: $75,000
- 2005: 2 buildings, average cost: $75,000
- 2006: 2 buildings, average cost: $75,000
- 2007: 2 buildings, average cost: $75,000
- 2008: 2 buildings, average cost: $75,000
- 2009: 2 buildings, average cost: $75,000
- 2010: 2 buildings, average cost: $75,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 46.11 N, Longitude: 67.98 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 207
Unemployment by year (%)
- Wood products (18%)
- Construction (13%)
- Truck transportation (11%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Religious, grantmaking, civic, professional, and similar organizations (4%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (4%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (4%)
- Health care (31%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (6%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Apparel (4%)
- Social assistance (3%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (12%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (9%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (4%)
- Pipelayers, plumbers, pipefitters, and steamfitters (4%)
- Carpenters (4%)
- Other construction workers and helpers (4%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (13%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (10%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (8%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (8%)
- Therapists (6%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (6%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (4%)
Average climate in New Limerick, Maine
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:New Limerick-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Maine state average. It is 94% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/3/2006 at 00:07:38, a magnitude 4.3 (3.8 MB, 3.8 MW, 4.3 LG, Depth: 4.0 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 122.6 miles away from the city center
On 7/14/2006 at 09:34:49, a magnitude 4.0 (3.5 MW, 4.0 LG, Depth: 14.9 mi) earthquake occurred 65.3 miles away from New Limerick center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 301.0 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 344.9 miles away from the city center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 253.4 miles away from New Limerick center
On 9/16/1994 at 04:22:42, a magnitude 3.6 (3.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 57.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Aroostook County (21) is a lot greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 12
Emergencies Declared: 9
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 10, Storms: 8, Snows: 7, Heavy Rains: 2, Blizzard: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snowfall: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near New Limerick:
- HOULTON REGIONAL HOSPITAL Critical Access Hospitals (about 7 miles away; HOULTON, ME)
- THE HOULTON REG PROG CARE FAC (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; HOULTON, ME)
- HARMONY (Hospital, about 7 miles away; HOULTON, ME)
- FOREST SPRINGS (Hospital, about 7 miles away; HOULTON, ME)
- MADIGAN HOME HEALTH CARE, INC. (Home Health Center, about 8 miles away; HOULTON, ME)
- MADIGAN ESTATES (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; HOULTON, ME)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to New Limerick:
- University of Maine (about 91 miles; Orono, ME; Full-time enrollment: 8,931)
- Husson University (about 98 miles; Bangor, ME; FT enrollment: 2,421)
- University of Maine at Farmington (about 146 miles; Farmington, ME; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- University of Maine at Augusta (about 152 miles; Augusta, ME; FT enrollment: 3,204)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (about 201 miles; Standish, ME; FT enrollment: 2,010)
- Southern Maine Community College (about 204 miles; South Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 4,666)
- University of Southern Maine (about 204 miles; Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 6,647)
Notable location: Houlton Community Golf Course (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Church in New Limerick: New Limerick Freewill Baptist Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemetery: New Limerick Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Bradbury Lake (A), Cochrane Lake (B), County Road Lake (C), Glancy Lake (D), Gould Pond (E), Green Pond (F), Hannigan Pond (G), Nickerson Lake (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Mill Brook (A), Lamb Brook (B), Baxter Brook (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2000 was 23.7. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2000 was 22.0. This is about average. Closest monitor was 6.7 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.1 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for New Limerick town (based on Aroostook County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Aroostook County:||4.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Aroostook County:||2.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Aroostook County:||7.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.02 / 10,000 pop.|
3.21% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($33,766 average adjusted gross income)
0.08% of residents moved from foreign countries ($1,181 average AGI)
Aroostook County: 0.08% Maine average: 0.04%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Penobscot County, ME||0.46% ($28,764 average AGI)|
|from Cumberland County, ME||0.20% ($23,132)|
|from Hartford County, CT||0.09% ($34,920)|
3.74% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,623 average adjusted gross income)
0.11% of residents moved to foreign countries ($830 average AGI)
Aroostook County: 0.11% Maine average: 0.05%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in New Limerick:
- WREM (710 AM; daytime; 5 kW; MONTICELLO, ME; Owner: ALLAN H WEINER)
- WFST (600 AM; 5 kW; CARIBOU, ME; Owner: NORTHERN BROADCAST MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WEGP (1390 AM; 5 kW; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: DECELLES/SMITH MEDIA, INC.)
- WZON (620 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: THE ZONE CORPORATION)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WABI (910 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WSKW (1160 AM; 10 kW; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN WIRELESS, INCORPORATED)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WTME (780 AM; 10 kW; RUMFORD, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in New Limerick:
- WHOU-FM (100.1 FM; HOULTON, ME; Owner: COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WQHR (96.1 FM; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WOZI (101.9 FM; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WMEM (106.1 FM; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: MAINE PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBPW (96.9 FM; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
New Limerick fatal accident list:
Jan 25, 1995 01:25 PM, 2, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 3Number of bridges
- 2m7ftTotal length
- 3,454Total average daily traffic
- 275Total average daily truck traffic
- 5,181Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:12 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in New Limerick)
FAA Registered Aircraft:3
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-28-180 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 107 mph), Engine: LYCOMING O&VO-360 SER (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 33667 , Serial Number: 28-7505166, Year manufactured: 1975, Airworthiness Date: 03/10/1975
Registrant (Individual): Matthew M Nightingale, 19 Deerfield Dr, New Limerick, ME 04761
- Aircraft: CESSNA 182 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 119 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR O-470 SERIES (230 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 6301A , Serial Number: 33101, Year manufactured: 1956, Airworthiness Date: 04/06/1956
Registrant (Individual): Pauline P Hand, Po Box 17, New Limerick, ME 04761
- Aircraft: MANTZ GREGORY S SPORTSMAN GS-2 (Category: Amphibian, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: LYCOMING IO-390-X (210 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 97AU , Serial Number: 7265, Airworthiness Date: 01/14/2009
Registrant (Individual): Gregory S Mantz, Po Box 104, New Limerick, ME 04761
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (81%)
- Wood (19%)
New Limerick compared to Maine state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Total of 6 patent applications in 2008-2018.