Henry County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level less than 2 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Low Potential
Air pollution and air quality trends
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µ/m3] level in 2004 was 27.7. This is about average. Closest monitor was 13.6 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µ/m3] level in 2004 was 13.6. This is about average. Closest monitor was 13.6 miles away from the city center.
(lower is better)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Newville and their reported violations in the past:
NEWVILLE WATER SYSTEM (Population served: 909, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- Follow-up and Routine Tap Sampling - Between OCT-11-2002 and SEP-17-2003, Contaminant: Lead & Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (DEC-08-2002), St Compliance achieved (SEP-17-2003)
- One minor monitoring violation
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2009: 36.0%
(37.9% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 49.7% for Black residents, 20.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 51.9% for other race residents, 0.0% for two or more races residents)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This town: || 2.6 people|
|Alabama: || 2.4 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This town: || 68.8%|
|Whole state: || 68.7%|
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
|This town: || 5.4%|
|Whole state: || 3.4%|
- Lesbian couples: 0.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.9% of all households
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Newville, AL
Newville compared to Alabama state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Back to the top
Educational Attainment (%)
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (69%)
- Utility gas (16%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (13%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
2004 Presidential Election results in Henry County Alabama:
Religion statistics for Newville (based on Henry County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 60.60%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||National Association of Free Will Baptists||Muslim Estimate||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|Henry County:||2.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.89 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (no gas):
|This county:||1.81 / 10,000 pop.|
|Alabama:||0.65 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|Henry County:||7.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|Alabama:||6.32 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|This county:||5.43 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|Adult diabetes rate:
|Alabama:||11.8%|Adult obesity rate:
|State:||31.7%|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Other Government Administration
|Police Protection - Officers
|Streets and Highways
|Solid Waste Management
|Totals for Government
8.25% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($30,429 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
7.40% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($39,154 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Newville:
- WOOF (560 AM; 5 kW; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: WOOF, INC.)
- WQLS (1200 AM; 10 kW; OZARK, AL; Owner: STYLES BROADCASTING OF DOTHAN, INC.)
- WAGF (1320 AM; 3 kW; DOTHAN, AL)
- WTKN (1560 AM; daytime; 5 kW; DALEVILLE, AL; Owner: JOSEPH A. ADAMS, SR.)
- WSTT (730 AM; 25 kW; THOMASVILLE, GA; Owner: MARION R. WILLIAMS)
- WWNT (1450 AM; 1 kW; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: DOVE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WMAC (940 AM; 50 kW; MACON, GA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WOZK (900 AM; 1 kW; OZARK, AL; Owner: OZARK B/CING. CORP.)
- WGST (640 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WTBF (970 AM; 5 kW; TROY, AL; Owner: TROY BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WJOX (690 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WASG (550 AM; 25 kW; ATMORE, AL; Owner: 550 AM, INC)
- WBBK (1260 AM; daytime; 1 kW; BLAKELY, GA; Owner: MERCHANTS BROADCASTING SYSTEMS)
Strongest FM radio stations in Newville:
- WIZB (94.3 FM; ABBEVILLE, AL; Owner: CELEBRATIONS COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY, INC.)
- WTVY-FM (95.5 FM; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: STYLES BROADCASTING OF DOTHAN, INC.)
- WOOF-FM (99.7 FM; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: WOOF, INC.)
- WESP (102.5 FM; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: GULF SOUTH COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WJRL-FM (103.9 FM; OZARK, AL; Owner: STYLES BROADCASTING OF DOTHAN, INC.)
- WAGF-FM (101.3 FM; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: WILSON BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WDYF (90.3 FM; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: FAITH BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WAQG (91.7 FM; OZARK, AL; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- WXUS (100.5 FM; FORT RUCKER, AL; Owner: SKYWAY BROADCASTING, LTD.)
- WDJR (96.9 FM; ENTERPRISE, AL; Owner: GULF SOUTH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WJJN (92.1 FM; COLUMBIA, AL; Owner: WILSON BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WKMX (106.7 FM; ENTERPRISE, AL; Owner: WKMX, INC.)
- WRAK-FM (97.3 FM; BAINBRIDGE, GA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WRWA (88.7 FM; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: TROY STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WVOB (91.3 FM; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: BETHANY BIBLE COLLEGE & B.T.S. INC.)
- WGTF (89.5 FM; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: DOTHAN COMMUNITY EDUCL. RADIO, INC.)
- WZTZ (101.1 FM; ELBA, AL; Owner: ELBA RADIO COMPANY)
- WOAB (104.9 FM; OZARK, AL; Owner: OZARK BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WJWV (90.9 FM; FORT GAINES, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
TV broadcast stations around Newville:
- WDHN (Channel 18; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: MORRIS NETWORK OF ALABAMA, INC.)
- WJJN-LP (Channel 5; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: JAMES WILSON, III)
- WDFX-TV (Channel 34; OZARK, AL; Owner: WAITT LICENSE CO. OF ALABAMA, L.L.C.)
- WGIQ (Channel 43; LOUISVILLE, AL; Owner: ALABAMA EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION COMMISSION)
- WTVY (Channel 4; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: GRAY MIDAMERICA TV LICENSEE CORP.)
- W41BN (Channel 41; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
Newville fatal accident list:
Jun 30, 2005 01:15 PM, Us-Sr1, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:
1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Newville
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:
18 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:
- Lat: 31.421833 Lon: -85.337667, Call Sign: WQBF380
Assigned Frequencies: 462.425 MHz, 464.875 MHz
Grant Date: 09/30/2004, Expiration Date: 09/30/2014, Certifier: Bert Melton
Registrant: Lao 20419809, 102 E Middle St, Gettysburg, PA 17325, Phone: (717) 337-9630, Fax: (717) 337-9157, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:
- NEWVILLE, 1.8 Mi Sse Of (Lat: 31.397667 Lon: -85.327972), Type: Tower, Structure height: 86.8 m, Overall height: 91.4 m, Call Sign: WPNG992
Assigned Frequencies: 6404.79 MHz, 6197.24 MHz, 6226.89 MHz, 6226.89 MHz, 6375.14 MHz, 6256.54 MHz, 6286.19 MHz, 6345.49 MHz, 6315.84 MHz, 6404.79 MHz, 6286.19 MHz
Grant Date: 02/13/2001, Expiration Date: 02/01/2011, Certifier: John T Scott
Registrant: Verizon Wireless, 1120 Sanctuary Pkwy, #150 Gasa5reg, Alpharetta, GA 30009-7630, Phone: (770) 797-1070, Fax: (770) 797-1036, Email:
- BH0615-Newville, 3282 County Road 99 (Lat: 31.489583 Lon: -85.260861), Type: Tower, Structure height: 103.6 m, Overall height: 106.3 m, Call Sign: WPZQ998
Assigned Frequencies: 17810.0 MHz, 17870.0 MHz
Grant Date: 02/24/2004, Expiration Date: 02/24/2014, Certifier: Dan Menser
Registrant: T-Mobile License LLC, 12920 Se 38th St., Bellevue, WA 98006, Phone: (425) 383-4000, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
- Call Sign: N4CRF, Previous Call Sign: KF4DRS, Licensee ID: L00175907
Grant Date: 04/25/2009, Expiration Date: 06/10/2019
Registrant: Jennifer G Carpenter, Newville, AL 36353
- Call Sign: KJ4LTA, Licensee ID: L01487965
Grant Date: 05/01/2009, Expiration Date: 05/01/2019, Certifier: Edward H Winkler
Registrant: Edward H Winkler, Newville, AL 36353
FAA Registered Aircraft:
- Aircraft: AERONCA 7AC (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 90 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR A&C65 SERIES (65 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 1901E , Serial Number: 7AC-5464, Year manufactured: 1946, Airworthiness Date: 05/19/1956
Registrant (Individual): Gary J Ii Harbert, 1696 County Road 18, Newville, AL 36353
- Aircraft: WATTS CHARLES RAGWING SPECIAL (Category: Land, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: AMA/EXPR UNKNOWN ENG (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 433CW , Serial Number: RW543467, Year manufactured: 2005, Airworthiness Date: 07/06/2005
Registrant (Individual): Charles F Watts, 656 S Broad St, Newville, AL 36353
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
Incident types - Newville
See full 2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System statistics for Newville, AL
|Most common first names in Newville, AL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Newville, AL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
- #11 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Social scientists and related workers"
- #14 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Clothing and clothing accessories, including shoe, stores"
- #19 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Primary, secondary, and special education school teachers:"
- #34 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Farm product raw material merchant wholesalers"
- #49 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Grocery and related product merchant wholesalers"
- #82 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Electrical and electronic goods merchant wholesalers"
- #41 (36353) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of European first ancestries (pop 1,000+)"