|Median resident age:||45.0 years|
|Oklahoma median age:||35.5 years|
Zip code: 73722
North Alfalfa CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $57,103 (it was $27,900 in 2000)
- White alone - 1,527 (94.2%)
- Hispanic - 36 (2.2%)
- American Indian alone - 28 (1.7%)
- Two or more races - 22 (1.4%)
- Black alone - 5 (0.3%)
- Asian alone - 3 (0.2%)
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 423.1 square miles.
Population density: 3.5 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in North Alfalfa:
- High school or higher: 85.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 18.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.9%
- Unemployed: 4.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 18.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in North Alfalfa CCD:
- Never married: 14.0%
- Now married: 67.1%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 10.4%
- Divorced: 8.5%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|North Alfalfa CCD:||0.7% ($199)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Wichita, KS (79.3 miles , pop. 344,284).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (293.1 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Byron, OK (2.0 miles) , Amorita, OK (2.3 miles) , Cherokee, OK (2.6 miles ), Burlington, OK (2.6 miles) , Nescatunga, OK (3.3 miles) , Lambert, OK (3.6 miles) , Waldron, KS (3.6 miles) , Jet, OK (3.8 miles ).
Latitude: 36.85 N, Longitude: 98.32 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 580
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (33%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Construction (6%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Warehousing and storage (5%)
- Repair and maintenance (4%)
- Accommodation and food services (4%)
- Educational services (18%)
- Health care (15%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (9%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (6%)
- Food and beverage stores (5%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Farmers and farm managers (23%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (8%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (6%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (5%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (4%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (3%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (9%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (8%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (6%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (6%)
- Farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (5%)
Average climate in North Alfalfa, Oklahoma
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
North Alfalfa-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Oklahoma state average. It is 109% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/17/1976, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 19.4 miles away from the North Alfalfa place center injured 2 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 3/16/1965, a category F4 tornado 20.9 miles away from the place center injured 7 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:North Alfalfa-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Oklahoma state average. It is 65% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/15/1995 at 00:31:33, a magnitude 4.1 (3.8 LG, 4.1 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 20.8 miles away from the city center
On 2/15/1974 at 13:33:49, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG) earthquake occurred 134.1 miles away from North Alfalfa center
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 298.4 miles away from the city center
On 9/6/1997 at 23:38:00, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 184.5 miles away from the city center
On 4/28/1998 at 14:13:01, a magnitude 4.2 (3.9 MB, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 143.0 miles away from North Alfalfa center
On 1/18/1995 at 15:51:39, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 149.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Alfalfa County (15) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 10
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Winter Storms: 7, Floods: 6, Storms: 5, Tornadoes: 4, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near North Alfalfa:
- THE CARING COMPANY (Home Health Center, about 7 miles away; CHEROKEE, OK)
- ALFALFA COUNTY HOSPITAL (Hospital, about 7 miles away; CHEROKEE, OK)
- CHEROKEE MANOR (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; CHEROKEE, OK)
- KIOWA DISTRICT HOSPITAL Critical Access Hospitals (about 15 miles away; KIOWA, KS)
- FRIENDSHIP MANOR OF KIOWA (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; KIOWA, KS)
- KIOWA HOSPITAL DISTRICT MANOR (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; KIOWA, KS)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to North Alfalfa:
- Northern Oklahoma College (about 58 miles; Tonkawa, OK; Full-time enrollment: 3,414)
- Cowley County Community College (about 72 miles; Arkansas City, KS; FT enrollment: 3,173)
- Wichita Technical Institute (about 77 miles; Wichita, KS; FT enrollment: 2,015)
- Newman University (about 77 miles; Wichita, KS; FT enrollment: 2,066)
- Friends University (about 78 miles; Wichita, KS; FT enrollment: 2,024)
- Wichita State University (about 83 miles; Wichita, KS; FT enrollment: 11,743)
- Oklahoma State University-Main Campus (about 86 miles; Stillwater, OK; FT enrollment: 21,700)
Notable locations in North Alfalfa: Byron State Fish Hatchery (A), Alfalfa County Emergency Medical Services (B), Amorita - Byron Fire Department (C), Burlington Volunteer Fire Department (D), Nescatunga Rural Alfalfa County Fire Department (E), Cherokee Fire Department (F), Jet Volunteer Fire Department (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in North Alfalfa include: Apostolic Church (A), Rosedale Church (B), Union Valley Church (C), Willow Glen Church (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Ware Cemetery (1), Apostolic Cemetery (2), Bethel Cemetery (3), Byron-Amorita Cemetery (4), Keith Cemetery (5), Liberty Cemetery (6), Rosedale Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoirs: Great Salt Plains Reservoir (A), Dog Pond (B), Great Salt Plains Lake (C), Upper Dog Pond (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Rivers and creeks: Cottonwood Creek (A), Sandy Creek (B), Rush Creek (C), Salty Creek (D), Stink Creek (E), Little Mule Creek (F), Driftwood Creek (G), Spring Creek (H), Clay Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in North Alfalfa include: Salt Plains National Wildlife Refuge (1), Great Salt Plains State Park (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.6% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
North Alfalfa compared to Oklahoma state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (49%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (34%)
- Electricity (12%)
- Wood (2%)
- Other fuel (1%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for North Alfalfa CCD (based on Alfalfa County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 73.99%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||United Methodist Church||Southern Baptist Convention||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Churches of Christ|
|Name||Catholic Church||Church of the Nazarene||Assemblies of God||United Church of Christ||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Alfalfa County:||3.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|Oklahoma:||1.97 / 10,000 pop.|
|Alfalfa County:||7.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.35 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.89 / 10,000 pop.|
7.60% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($32,616 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
7.43% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($26,164 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in North Alfalfa:
- KCRC (1390 AM; 10 kW; ENID, OK; Owner: CHISHOLM TRAIL BROADCASTING CO.)
- KRMG (740 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KOMA (1520 AM; 50 kW; OKLAHOMA CITY, OK; Owner: RENDA BROADCASTING CORP. OF NEVADA)
- KFAQ (1170 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KGYN (1210 AM; 50 kW; GUYMON, OK; Owner: TELNS BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KFTI (1070 AM; 10 kW; WICHITA, KS; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KWLS (1290 AM; 5 kW; PRATT, KS; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KALV (1430 AM; 1 kW; ALVA, OK; Owner: MM&K OF ALVA, INC.)
- KTBZ (1430 AM; 25 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KRVN (880 AM; 50 kW; LEXINGTON, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA RURAL RADIO ASSOCIATION)
- KGWA (960 AM; 1 kW; ENID, OK; Owner: WILLIAMS CAPITOL CORPORATION)
- KMUS (1380 AM; 20 kW; MUSKOGEE, OK; Owner: ABC, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in North Alfalfa:
- KNID (99.7 FM; ALVA, OK; Owner: CHRISHOLM TRAIL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KQBL (96.9 FM; ENID, OK; Owner: CHAMPLIN BROADCASTING, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around North Alfalfa:
- K56FK (Channel 56; ALVA - CHEROKEE, OK; Owner: SHAFER TRANSLATOR, INC.)
- K58EM (Channel 58; ALVA - CHEROKEE, OK; Owner: SHAFER TRANSLATOR, INC.)
- K60ER (Channel 60; CHEROKEE & ALVA, OK; Owner: SHAFER TRANSLATOR, INC.)
- K62EH (Channel 62; CHEROKEE & ALVA, OK; Owner: SHAFER TRANSLATOR, INC.)
- K64EA (Channel 64; CHEROKEE & ALVA, OK; Owner: SHAFER TRANSLATOR, INC.)