North, South Carolina
North: Hwy 321 to NORTH
North: NORTH HIGH SCHOOL
North: 'Touch of Class Florist' in downtown North, South Carolina. The building has an interesting balcony held on with turnbuckles.
North: Storefronts on Main Street East, also known as Savannah Highway. Can you tell that this shot was taken from the same spot as two others, with some rotating on my part?
North: Downtown Public Parking
North: Downtown Building
North: NORTH Public Library 29112
North: NORTH Post Office 29112
North: North High School
North: To St. Mark's cemetery
Submit your own pictures of this town and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||36.3 years|
|South Carolina median age:||39.0 years|
Zip codes: 29112.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $18,879 (it was $14,237 in 2000)
North town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $86,556 (it was $60,000 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $122,944; Detached houses: $149,525; Townhouses or other attached units: $148,575; In 2-unit structures: $112,121; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $233,266; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $85,036; Mobile homes: $56,777; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $250,598
Median gross rent in 2015: $406.
Races in North, SC (2010)
- 36548.4%White alone
- 35246.7%Black alone
- 243.2%Two or more races
- 60.8%American Indian alone
- 10.1%Asian alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- The fastest-growing industry sectors in the Northeast are Construction-related Apr 25
- The decline of the U.S. Agriculture industry visualized Apr 23
- The revenues and net sales of Samsonite Apr 21
- Crowfunding is a fast-increasing market Apr 19
- The number of jobs in Construction is falling across the U.S. Apr 17
Latest news from North, SC collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (10.2%), English (6.0%), German (2.4%), Irish (2.4%), Polish (1.3%), Scotch-Irish (1.1%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 279 feet
Land area: 0.85 square miles.
Population density: 880 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in North:
- High school or higher: 73.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.2%
- Unemployed: 8.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 34.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in North town:
- Never married: 39.6%
- Now married: 37.8%
- Separated: 3.0%
- Widowed: 10.7%
- Divorced: 8.8%
1 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $626 (0.7%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $502 (0.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Columbia, SC (28.3 miles , pop. 116,278).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Charlotte, NC (111.2 miles , pop. 540,828).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (550.8 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Woodford, SC (1.9 miles) , Livingston, SC (2.1 miles) , Neeses, SC (2.4 miles ), Swansea, SC (2.9 miles ), Norway, SC (3.4 miles ), Sandy Run-Staley, SC (3.4 miles ), Perry, SC (3.5 miles ), Salley, SC (3.5 miles ).
Latitude: 33.62 N, Longitude: 81.10 W
Area code: 803
|Crime rates in North by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 287.6)||676.8||478.0||163.8||485.7||512.5||601.5||336.8||353.6||394.7||328.0||292.6||437.0|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in North detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.68|
|South Carolina average:||2.41|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (13%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (11%)
- Construction (10%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Utilities (9%)
- Manufacturing (7%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (29%)
- Retail trade (25%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Information (6%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Manufacturing (4%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (12%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (12%)
- Architecture and engineering occupations (11%)
- Transportation occupations (11%)
- Production occupations (10%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (8%)
- Sales and related occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (18%)
- Sales and related occupations (12%)
- Personal care and service occupations (11%)
- Management occupations (10%)
- Healthcare support occupations (7%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (7%)
- Health technologists and technicians (5%)
Average climate in North, South Carolina
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
North-area historical tornado activity is slightly above South Carolina state average. It is 21% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/2/1995, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 14.1 miles away from the North town center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 12/10/2004, a category F3 tornado 16.1 miles away from the town center injured one person.
Earthquake activity:North-area historical earthquake activity is near South Carolina state average. It is 86% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 81.6 miles away from the city center
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB) earthquake occurred 74.3 miles away from North center
On 8/21/1992 at 16:31:55, a magnitude 4.4 (4.1 MB, 4.1 LG, 4.4 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 69.2 miles away from the city center
On 11/11/2002 at 23:39:29, a magnitude 4.4 (4.0 MB, 4.4 LG, Depth: 1.5 mi) earthquake occurred 107.8 miles away from the city center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML) earthquake occurred 221.8 miles away from North center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 266.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Orangeburg County (14) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 6
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 6, Floods: 3, Storms: 3, Winter Storms: 3, Drought: 1, Ice Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Eartha Kitt - (born 1928), singer and actress, Chartric Darby - 2005 NFL player (Seattle Seahawks, born: Oct 22, 1975).
Hospitals and medical centers near North:
- SOUTH ORANGEBURG DIALYSIS (Dialysis Facility, about 16 miles away; ORANGEBURG, SC)
- HOME CARE OF TRMC (Home Health Center, about 16 miles away; ORANGEBURG, SC)
- DHEC REGION 5 HOME HEALTH SVS (Home Health Center, about 16 miles away; ORANGEBURG, SC)
- TRMC OF ORANGEBURG & CALHOUN Acute Care Hospitals (about 16 miles away; ORANGEBURG, SC)
airports located in North:
- North Af Aux Airport (XNO) (Runways: 2)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to North:
- Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College (about 17 miles; Orangeburg, SC; Full-time enrollment: 2,113)
- South Carolina State University (about 17 miles; Orangeburg, SC; FT enrollment: 3,481)
- Denmark Technical College (about 21 miles; Denmark, SC; FT enrollment: 2,050)
- Midlands Technical College (about 24 miles; West Columbia, SC; FT enrollment: 8,916)
- University of South Carolina-Columbia (about 27 miles; Columbia, SC; FT enrollment: 27,789)
- Benedict College (about 28 miles; Columbia, SC; FT enrollment: 3,039)
- University of South Carolina-Aiken (about 39 miles; Aiken, SC; FT enrollment: 2,815)
Private high school in North:
Public elementary/middle school in North:
- DOVER ELEMENTARY (Students: 288, Location: 1411 BEDFORD AVENUE, Grades: PK-5)
Notable location: Orangeburg County Fire Department North (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in North include: North United Methodist Church (A), Saint Mark Church (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: North Pentecostal Holiness Church Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 47.1. This is significantly better than average.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2007 was 2.17. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 15.9 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 0.225. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 15.9 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 18.9. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 13.9 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 16.7. This is about average. Closest monitor was 11.8 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2003 was 11.6. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 11.8 miles away from the city center.
Lead (Pb) [µg/m3] level in 2007 was 0.00115. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 21.2 miles away from the city center.
(21.1% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 48.8% for Black residents, 43.8% for Hispanic or Latino residents)
|This town:||2.3 people|
|South Carolina:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.6% of all households
Banks with branches in North (2011 data):
- First Citizens Bank and Trust Company, Inc.: North Branch at 4557 Savannah Hwy, branch established on 1962/06/21. Info updated 2011/08/24: Bank assets: $8,104.0 mil, Deposits: $6,880.8 mil, headquarters in Columbia, SC, positive income, 197 total offices, Holding Company: First Citizens Bancorporation, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
|South Carolina average:||11.6|
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for North town (based on Orangeburg County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Orangeburg County:||2.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|South Carolina:||1.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.15 / 10,000 pop.|
|Orangeburg County:||0.66 / 10,000 pop.|
|South Carolina:||0.85 / 10,000 pop.|
|Orangeburg County:||8.63 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.42 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.75 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of North, SC Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2013)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||1||$2,671||$32,052||5||$130|
|Judicial and Legal||0||$0||2||$694|
|Police Protection - Officers||3||$8,938||$35,752||0||$0|
|Police - Other||0||$0||1||$952|
|Other and Unallocable||1||$1,639||$19,668||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||7||$17,495||$29,991||8||$1,776|
North government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Water Utilities: $9,000 ($12.00)
Fire Protection: $6,000 ($8.00)
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $118,000 ($157.33)
Police Protection: $66,000 ($88.00)
Central Staff Services: $51,000 ($68.00)
Solid Waste Management: $37,000 ($49.33)
Financial Administration: $6,000 ($8.00)
Fire Protection: $5,000 ($6.67)
- Other Capital Outlay - Housing & Community Development: $172,000 ($229.33)
Fire Protection: $35,000 ($46.67)
Water Utilities: $14,000 ($18.67)
Police Protection: $4,000 ($5.33)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $214,000 ($285.33)
North government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $37,000 ($49.33)
All Other: $5,000 ($6.67)
- Federal Intergovernmental - Housing & Community Development: $172,000 ($229.33)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $41,000 ($54.67)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $7,000 ($9.33)
Interest Earnings: $3,000 ($4.00)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $197,000 ($262.67)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $38,000 ($50.67)
- Tax - Property: $121,000 ($161.33)
NEC: $82,000 ($109.33)
Public Utilities: $47,000 ($62.67)
North government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $316,000 ($421.33)
4.85% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($27,165 average adjusted gross income)
|South Carolina average:||6.90%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Richland County, SC||0.47% ($28,120 average AGI)|
|from Lexington County, SC||0.34% ($30,059)|
|from Dorchester County, SC||0.28% ($25,365)|
5.78% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($29,128 average adjusted gross income)
|South Carolina average:||6.53%|
0.04% of residents moved to foreign countries ($232 average AGI)
Orangeburg County: 0.04% South Carolina average: 0.09%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in North:
- WBAJ (890 AM; daytime; 50 kW; BLYTHEWOOD, SC; Owner: FAMILY FIRST)
- WCEO (840 AM; daytime; 50 kW; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: EASTERN BROADCASTING GROUP, INC.)
- WLGO (1170 AM; daytime; 10 kW; LEXINGTON, SC; Owner: LEVAS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WVOC (560 AM; 5 kW; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WISW (1320 AM; 5 kW; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WLFJ (660 AM; daytime; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, SC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBCU (1460 AM; 50 kW; UNION, SC)
- WAGL (1560 AM; daytime; 50 kW; LANCASTER, SC; Owner: PALMETTO BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC.)
- WQXL (1470 AM; 5 kW; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: METRO COMMUNICATIONS, INCORP.)
- WBT (1110 AM; 50 kW; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: JEFFERSON-PILOT COMMUNICATNS CO. OF NORTH CAROLINA)
- WQKI (710 AM; daytime; 1 kW; ST. MATTHEWS, SC; Owner: MILLER COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WIQB (1050 AM; 25 kW; CONWAY, SC; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WBLR (1430 AM; 5 kW; BATESBURG, SC; Owner: BARINOWSKI INVESTMENT COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in North:
- WTCB (106.7 FM; ORANGEBURG, SC; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WHXT (103.9 FM; ORANGEBURG, SC; Owner: URBAN RADIO OF SOUTH CAROLINA, LLC)
- WIGL (102.9 FM; ORANGEBURG, SC; Owner: MILLER COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WMHK (89.7 FM; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: COLUMBIA BIBLE COLLEGE B/CING CO.)
- WQKI-FM (93.9 FM; ST. MATTHEWS, SC; Owner: MILLER COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WWDM (101.3 FM; SUMTER, SC; Owner: URBAN RADIO OF SOUTH CAROLINA, LLC)
- WBAW-FM (99.1 FM; BARNWELL, SC; Owner: BULLIE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WAFJ (88.3 FM; BELVEDERE, SC; Owner: RADIO TRAINING NETWORK, INC.)
- WAAW (94.7 FM; WILLISTON, SC; Owner: FRANK NEELY)
- WCOS-FM (97.5 FM; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WNOK (104.7 FM; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WZNY (105.7 FM; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WZMJ (93.1 FM; BATESBURG, SC; Owner: URBAN RADIO OF SOUTH CAROLINA, LLC)
- WKSP (96.3 FM; AIKEN, SC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WLTR (91.3 FM; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: SOUTH CAROLINA EDUCATIONAL TV COMMISSION)
- WLXC (98.5 FM; LEXINGTON, SC; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WFMV (95.3 FM; SOUTH CONGAREE, SC; Owner: GLORY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WWBD (95.7 FM; BAMBERG, SC; Owner: MILLER COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WGFG (105.1 FM; BRANCHVILLE, SC; Owner: MILLER COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WLTY (96.7 FM; CAYCE, SC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
TV broadcast stations around North:
- W31BS (Channel 31; ORANGEBURG, SC; Owner: DOVE BROADCASTING INC.)
- WLTX (Channel 19; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: PACIFIC AND SOUTHERN COMPANY, INC.)
- WOLO-TV (Channel 25; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: SOUTH CAROLINA BROADCASTING PARTNERS)
- W55CQ (Channel 55; ORANGEBURG, SC; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WACH (Channel 57; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: RAYCOM AMERICA, INC.)
- WIS (Channel 10; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: LIBCO, INC.)
- WJBF (Channel 6; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL BROADCASTING OF SO. CAROLINA HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WAGT (Channel 26; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WAGT TELEVISION, INC.)
- WBHQ (Channel 63; SUMTER, SC; Owner: COLUMBIA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WRDW-TV (Channel 12; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WRDW LICENSEE CORP.)
- WRLK-TV (Channel 35; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: SOUTH CAROLINA EDUCATIONAL TV COMMISSION)
- W67DP (Channel 67; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: DOVE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WFXG (Channel 54; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: FISHER BROADCASTING - GEORGIA, L.L.C.)
- WEBA-TV (Channel 14; ALLENDALE, SC; Owner: SOUTH CAROLINA EDUCATIONAL TV COMMISSION)
North fatal accident list:
Dec 5, 1988 06:10 PM, Partridge, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 9Number of bridges
- 55m180ftTotal length
- $399,000Total costs
- 125,312Total average daily traffic
- 16,037Total average daily truck traffic
- 151,935Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in North)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:62 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:2
- Salley, Cor Of 7th St & Hwy 321 (Lat: 33.572222 Lon: -81.240000), Type: Tower, Structure height: 67.1 m, Overall height: 72.2 m, Call Sign: WPSZ441
Assigned Frequencies: 6645.00 MHzGrant Date: 05/25/2011, Expiration Date: 08/13/2021, Certifier: H. Thomas ArthurRegistrant: Scana Services, Inc., 5 National Guard Road, Mc-M30, Columbia, SC 29201, Phone: (803) 217-9284, Fax: (803) 217-7675, Email:
- NORTH, 925 Stafford Ave (Lat: 33.611667 Lon: -81.101944), Type: Tank, Structure height: 38.1 m, Call Sign: WQPW756
Assigned Frequencies: 10795.0 MHzGrant Date: 09/04/2012, Expiration Date: 09/04/2022, Certifier: Chris HarrisRegistrant: Conterra Ultra Broadband, LLC, 2101 Rexford Rd, Ste 200e, Charlotte, NC 28211, Phone: (704) 936-1801, Fax: (704) 936-1801, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in North)
FAA Registered Aircraft:3
- Aircraft: HILLER-HELI-CAB UH-12B (Category: Land, Seats: 3, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 82 mph), Engine: FRANKLIN 6V4 SERIES (210 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 225RE , Serial Number: DLW3, Airworthiness Date: 10/22/1963
Registrant (Corporation): Robinson Helicopters LLC, 1131 Saddlecreek Ln, North, SC 29112
- Aircraft: ELDER MATTHEW RAND ROBINSON KR-1 (Category: Land, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: Reciprocating
N-Number: 610ME , Serial Number: 6125
Registrant (Individual): Matthew C Elder, 74 Dearborn Rd, North, SC 29112
- Aircraft: MATTHEW C ELDER ME-10 (Category: Land, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: ROTAX 503 DCDI (52 HP) (2 Cycle)
N-Number: 610RE , Serial Number: 001, Year manufactured: 2012, Airworthiness Date: 04/28/2012
Registrant (Individual): Matthew C Elder, 74 Dearborn Rd, North, SC 29112
Drinking water stations with addresses in North and their reported violations in the past:BULL SWAMP RURAL WTR CO (3820001) (Population served: 2,345, Groundwater):
Past health violations:NORTH TOWN OF (3810010) (Population served: 1,476, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In JUN-2009, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JUL-31-2009), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUL-31-2009), St Public Notif received (AUG-28-2009), St Compliance achieved (MAR-10-2010)
- Monitoring, Source Water (GWR) - In JUL-01-2013, Contaminant: E. COLI. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (AUG-01-2013), St Violation/Reminder Notice (AUG-01-2013), St Compliance achieved (SEP-01-2013), St Public Notif received (JUN-02-2014)
- Monitoring, Repeat Major (TCR) - In JUN-2013, Contaminant: Coliform (TCR). Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (AUG-01-2013), St Violation/Reminder Notice (AUG-01-2013), St Compliance achieved (SEP-01-2013), St Public Notif received (JUN-02-2014)
- Failure Submit IDSE/Subpart V Plan Rpt - In APR-02-2008, Contaminant: DBP STAGE 2. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (FEB-24-2011)
- Water Quality Parameter M/R - Between JAN-2007 and DEC-2007, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JAN-14-2008), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JAN-14-2008), St Public Notif received (JAN-01-2010), St Compliance achieved (JAN-01-2010)
- One minor monitoring violation
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Average - Between JUL-2010 and SEP-2010, Contaminant: Combined Radium (-226 and -228). Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (OCT-21-2010), St Violation/Reminder Notice (OCT-21-2010), St Formal NOV issued (NOV-04-2010), St Show-cause Hearing (NOV-18-2010), St Public Notif received (NOV-30-2010), St Admin Penalty assessed (DEC-21-2010), St AO (w/penalty) issued (DEC-21-2010)
- 2 minor monitoring violations
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 77
- Hazardous Condition: 9
- Service Call: 1
Incident types - North
|Most common first names in North, SC among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in North, SC among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (72%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (23%)
- Wood (3%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
- No fuel used (1%)
Businesses in North, SC
- Kincaid: 1
- Lane Furniture: 1
North compared to South Carolina state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
North on our top lists:
- #91 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most mentions on city-data.com forum"
- #8 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents that visited a dentist within the past year"
- #9 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents that exercised in the past month"
- #14 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest average weight of females"
- #22 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents that drank alcohol in the past 30 days"
- #26 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the worst general health status score of residents (1-5), 3 years of data"
Total of 9 patent applications in 2008-2017.