Northumberland, New Hampshire
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||44.3 years|
|New Hampshire median age:||43.9 years|
Zip codes: 03582.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $21,458 (it was $15,101 in 2000)
Northumberland town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $109,637 (it was $60,800 in 2000)
Races in Northumberland, NH (2010)
- 2,24698.2%White alone
- 200.9%Two or more races
- 30.1%Asian alone
- 20.09%Black alone
- 20.09%American Indian alone
|Can anyone give me some info on Northumberland and Colebrook/Columbia? (6 replies)|
|Moving from SE Texas to NE New Hampshire, what to expect? (38 replies)|
|Why is household median income so high in New Hampshire? (31 replies)|
|2010 Trick or Treat!! (3 replies)|
|Claremont, NH? (37 replies)|
|Info on jail being built in Berlin, NH???? (43 replies)|
Latest news from Northumberland, NH collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: French (29.7%), United States (18.5%), English (17.2%), Irish (12.3%), French Canadian (4.9%), Scottish (4.2%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated in 1779
Elevation: 863 feet
Land area: 36.2 square miles.
Population density: 63 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Northumberland:
- High school or higher: 73.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 4.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.3%
- Unemployed: 5.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 18.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Northumberland town:
- Never married: 22.6%
- Now married: 52.0%
- Separated: 1.7%
- Widowed: 9.8%
- Divorced: 13.9%
79 residents are foreign born (2.3% North America, 0.5% Europe, 0.4% Asia).
According to our research of New Hampshire and other state lists there were 2 registered sex offenders living in Northumberland, New Hampshire as of April 29, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Northumberland to the number of sex offenders is 1,145 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Northumberland town:||2.1% ($1,283)|
|New Hampshire:||2.3% ($2,946)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (89.1 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (158.5 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (285.4 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Groveton, NH (0.8 miles ), Guildhall, VT (2.4 miles ), Stark, NH (2.4 miles ), Stratford, NH (2.5 miles ), Maidstone, VT (2.7 miles) , Lancaster, NH (2.7 miles ), Granby, VT (3.2 miles) , Brunswick, VT (3.4 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 4 buildings, average cost: $91,700
- 1998: 5 buildings, average cost: $91,700
- 1999: 4 buildings, average cost: $109,200
- 2000: 2 buildings, average cost: $118,000
- 2002: 3 buildings, average cost: $130,700
- 2004: 5 buildings, average cost: $142,400
- 2005: 9 buildings, average cost: $233,300
- 2006: 7 buildings, average cost: $216,700
- 2007: 2 buildings, average cost: $150,500
- 2008: 2 buildings, average cost: $246,200
- 2010: 5 buildings, average cost: $132,000
- 2011: 4 buildings, average cost: $168,200
- 2012: 6 buildings, average cost: $144,700
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 44.59 N, Longitude: 71.51 W
|Crime rates in Northumberland by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 281.7)||86.3||79.3||102.4||143.4||187.6||251.2||140.5||100.8||298.6|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Northumberland detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.81|
|New Hampshire average:||2.16|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Paper (27%)
- Construction (10%)
- Truck transportation (6%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (4%)
- Educational services (4%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (4%)
- Wood products (4%)
- Health care (16%)
- Accommodation and food services (11%)
- Paper (9%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Food and beverage stores (8%)
- Social assistance (6%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (15%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (11%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (7%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (5%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (4%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (8%)
- Cashiers (8%)
- Registered nurses (6%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (5%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (4%)
- Child care workers (4%)
Average climate in Northumberland, New Hampshire
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Northumberland-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below New Hampshire state average. It is 92% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 108.8 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 146.8 miles away from Northumberland center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 75.7 miles away from the city center
On 6/16/1995 at 12:13:11, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 29.0 miles away from the city center
On 8/21/1996 at 07:54:14, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, 3.6 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 29.4 miles away from Northumberland center
On 4/20/2002 at 11:04:42, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, 3.7 ML, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 107.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Coos County (14) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 7
Emergencies Declared: 7
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 6, Storms: 5, Snows: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snowfall: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Northumberland:
- NORTHWOODS HOME HEALTH AND HOSPICE (Home Health Center, about 6 miles away; LANCASTER, NH)
- COUNTRY VILLAGE CENTER, GENESIS HEALTHCARE (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; LANCASTER, NH)
- MCKERLEY HEALTH CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; LANCASTER, NH)
- FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE OF LANCASTER (Dialysis Facility, about 8 miles away; LANCASTER, NH)
- WEEKS MEDICAL CENTER Critical Access Hospitals (about 8 miles away; LANCASTER, NH)
- MORRISON NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; WHITEFIELD, NH)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Northumberland:
- Plymouth State University (about 59 miles; Plymouth, NH; Full-time enrollment: 4,838)
- Norwich University (about 65 miles; Northfield, VT; FT enrollment: 4,221)
- University of Maine at Farmington (about 68 miles; Farmington, ME; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- Dartmouth College (about 73 miles; Hanover, NH; FT enrollment: 6,030)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (about 74 miles; Standish, ME; FT enrollment: 2,010)
- Saint Michael's College (about 82 miles; Colchester, VT; FT enrollment: 2,336)
- Community College of Vermont (about 83 miles; Winooski, VT; FT enrollment: 3,394)
Notable locations in Northumberland: Groveton Fire Department (A), Groveton Ambulance Service (B), Northumberland Public Library (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Center: Northumberland Shopping Center (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Church in Northumberland: Saint Francis Xavier Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Jonathan Pond (A), Connecticut River Reservoir (B), Upper Amonoosuc River Reservoir (C), Upper Ammonoosuc River Reservoir (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Roaring Brook (A), Potter Brook (B), Upper Ammonoosuc River (C), Parks Brook (D), Moore Brook (E), Fox Brook (F), Dean Brook (G), Ames Brook (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Northumberland: Eames Wayside Area (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 69.7. This is about average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2002 was 1.47. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 0.3 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 35.2. This is about average. Closest monitor was 18.5 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2002 was 18.4. This is about average. Closest monitor was 0.3 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2006 was 8.77. This is about average. Closest monitor was 19.1 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.3 people|
|New Hampshire:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Northumberland compared to New Hampshire state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Banks with branches in Northumberland (2011 data):
- Passumpsic Savings Bank: Groveton Branch at 40 State Street, branch established on 1985/09/30. Info updated 2008/07/16: Bank assets: $571.1 mil, Deposits: $460.4 mil, headquarters in St. Johnsbury, VT, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 13 total offices, Holding Company: Passumpsic Bancorp
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
|New Hampshire average:||10.9|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (92%)
- Wood (5%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (3%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Northumberland town (based on Coos County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Coos County:||4.33 / 10,000 pop.|
|New Hampshire:||2.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Coos County:||0.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|New Hampshire:||1.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|Coos County:||9.28 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.02 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||12.68 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||9.70 / 10,000 pop.|
4.89% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($38,190 average adjusted gross income)
|New Hampshire average:||6.07%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Grafton County, NH||0.73% ($26,768 average AGI)|
|from Merrimack County, NH||0.31% ($28,659)|
|from Hillsborough County, NH||0.30% ($41,718)|
5.60% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($29,437 average adjusted gross income)
|New Hampshire average:||6.45%|
0.10% of residents moved to foreign countries ($427 average AGI)
Coos County: 0.10% New Hampshire average: 0.06%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Northumberland:
- WTME (780 AM; 10 kW; RUMFORD, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WTWN (1100 AM; daytime; 5 kW; WELLS RIVER, VT; Owner: PUFFER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WMOU (1230 AM; 1 kW; BERLIN, NH; Owner: JERICHO BROADCASTING COMPANY, L.L.C.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WDEV (550 AM; 5 kW; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WICY (1490 AM; 50 kW; MALONE, NY; Owner: CARTIER COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMTW (870 AM; 10 kW; GORHAM, ME; Owner: RADIO PARTNERS OF MAINE, L.P.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Northumberland:
- WPKQ (103.7 FM; NORTH CONWAY, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WHOM (94.9 FM; MT. WASHINGTON, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WGMT (97.7 FM; LYNDON, VT; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WXXS (102.3 FM; LANCASTER, NH; Owner: BARRY P. LUNDERVILLE)
- WMTK (106.3 FM; LITTLETON, NH; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WVFM (105.7 FM; CAMPTON, NH; Owner: DEVON BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WLKC (103.3 FM; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO BROADCASTING SERVICES, INC.)
- WVPS (107.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WEZF (92.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WCVT (101.7 FM; STOWE, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT CLASSICS, L.L.C.)
- WCKJ (90.5 FM; ST. JOHNSBURY, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WLOB-FM (96.3 FM; RUMFORD, ME; Owner: ATLANTIC COAST RADIO, LLC)
- WSCY (106.9 FM; MOULTONBOROUGH, NH; Owner: NORTHEAST COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WKXH (105.5 FM; ST. JOHNSBURY, VT; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WDOT (95.7 FM; DANVILLE, VT; Owner: MONTPELIER BROADCASTING INC)
- WTOS-FM (105.1 FM; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WTBM (100.7 FM; MEXICO, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WLTN-FM (96.7 FM; LISBON, NH; Owner: PROFILE BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- W243AE (96.5 FM; ORLEANS, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Northumberland:
- WLED-TV (Channel 49; LITTLETON, NH; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2013 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 10Number of bridges
- 27m89ftTotal length
- $22,500,000Total costs
- 17,964Total average daily traffic
- 1,208Total average daily truck traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
- 1Before 1900
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:2
- Fire Station Church St (Lat: 44.597556 Lon: -71.512861), Call Sign: KNAF221
Assigned Frequencies: 154.445 MHz
Grant Date: 03/22/2011, Expiration Date: 01/02/2021
Registrant: Business Radio Licensing, 30251 Golden Lantern, Suite E #501, Laguna Niguel, CA 92677, Phone: (949) 348-8510, Fax: (949) 348-8514, Email:
- Northumberland Police Dept State St (Lat: 44.597278 Lon: -71.513972), Call Sign: KTZ230
Assigned Frequencies: 155.910 MHz
Grant Date: 05/03/2012, Expiration Date: 07/09/2022
Registrant: Nh Dept Of Safety-State Police Division, 33 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH 03301, Phone: (603) 223-8321, Fax: (603) 271-6629, Email: