Yukon-Koyukuk Census Area has a predicted average indoor radon screening level less than 2 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Low Potential
Drinking water stations with addresses in Nulato and their reported violations in the past:
NULATO RIVER WELL (Population served: 385, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In FEB-2003, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (FEB-27-2003), St Boil Water Order (MAR-07-2003), St Violation/Reminder Notice (MAR-11-2003), St Compliance achieved (MAR-17-2003), St Other (MAR-19-2003)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In SEP-2000, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (SEP-22-2000), St Boil Water Order (SEP-28-2000), St Compliance Meeting conducted (2 times from SEP-29-2000 to OCT-02-2000), St Violation/Reminder Notice (3 times from OCT-04-2000 to OCT-09-2000), St Other (OCT-13-2000)
- CCR Complete Failure to Report - Between JUL-01-2004 and FEB-18-2005, Consumer Confidence Rule. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (FEB-18-2005)
- CCR Complete Failure to Report - Between JUL-01-2003 and JUL-21-2003, Consumer Confidence Rule. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (JUL-21-2003)
- Follow-up and Routine Tap Sampling - Between OCT-2001 and DEC-2025, Contaminant: Lead & Copper Rule
- CCR Complete Failure to Report - Between JUL-01-2000 and JUL-21-2003, Consumer Confidence Rule. Follow-up actions: Fed Compliance achieved (JUL-21-2003)
- Initial Tap Sampling for Pb and Cu - Between JAN-1996 and DEC-1998, Contaminant: Lead & Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (2 times from OCT-24-1996 to MAR-10-1997), St Compliance achieved (DEC-29-1998)
- 16 routine major monitoring violations
- 69 regular monitoring violations
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2012: 24.6%
(0.0% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 25.3% for American Indian residents, 50.0% for two or more races residents)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This city: || 2.9 people|
|Alaska: || 2.6 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This city: || 66.3%|
|Whole state: || 66.2%|
No gay or lesbian households reported
|This city: || 12.0%|
|Whole state: || 8.6%|
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Nulato, AK
Nulato compared to Alaska state average:
- Median household income significantly below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Back to the top
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (64%)
- Wood (36%)
Religion statistics for Nulato city (based on Yukon-Koyukuk Census Area data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 48.73%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||Episcopal Church||Catholic Church||Assemblies of God||International Pentecostal Holiness Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|Yukon-Koyukuk Census Area:||17.19 / 10,000 pop.|
|Alaska:||3.30 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (no gas):
|Yukon-Koyukuk Census Area:||1.72 / 10,000 pop.|
|Alaska:||0.52 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|Yukon-Koyukuk Census Area:||5.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.30 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|Here:||6.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.82 / 10,000 pop.|Adult diabetes rate:
|Alaska:||6.3%|Adult obesity rate:
|Yukon-Koyukuk Census Area:||29.4%|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Other Government Administration
|Streets and Highways
|Other and Unallocable
|Totals for Government
Nulato government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - General: $50,000 ($183.15)
- Current Operations - General - Other: $157,000 ($575.09)
Sewerage: $82,000 ($300.37)
Financial Administration: $61,000 ($223.44)
Regular Highways: $39,000 ($142.86)
Electric Utilities: $38,000 ($139.19)
Water Utilities: $35,000 ($128.21)
Health Services - Other: $20,000 ($73.26)
Police Protection: $13,000 ($47.62)
Central Staff Services: $11,000 ($40.29)
Parks & Recreation: $7,000 ($25.64)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $668,000 ($2446.89)
Nulato government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - All Other: $420,000 ($1538.46)
Sewerage: $89,000 ($326.01)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $123,000 ($450.55)
General Revenue, NEC: $3,000 ($10.99)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $38,000 ($139.19)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $1,000 ($3.66)
Nulato government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $4,093,000 ($14992.67)
6.65% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($30,781 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
10.97% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($35,177 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Nulato:
- KIYU (910 AM; 5 kW; GALENA, AK; Owner: BIG RIVER PULBLIC BROADCASTING CORP)
- KICY (850 AM; 50 kW; NOME, AK; Owner: ARCTIC BROADCASTING ASSOCIATION)
- KNOM (780 AM; 25 kW; NOME, AK; Owner: CATHOLIC BISHOP OF NORTHERN ALASKA)
- KENI (650 AM; 50 kW; ANCHORAGE, AK; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KSKO (870 AM; 10 kW; MCGRATH, AK; Owner: KUSKOKWIM PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORP.)
- KFQD (750 AM; 50 kW; ANCHORAGE, AK; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KJNP (1170 AM; 50 kW; NORTH POLE, AK; Owner: EVAN. ALASKA MISSIONARY FELLOWSHIP)
- KOTZ (720 AM; 10 kW; KOTZEBUE, AK; Owner: KOTZEBUE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KNSA (930 AM; 3 kW; UNALAKLEET, AK; Owner: UNALAKLEET BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KIAM (630 AM; 10 kW; NENANA, AK; Owner: VOICE OF CHRIST MINISTRIES, INC.)
- KYUK (640 AM; 10 kW; BETHEL, AK; Owner: BETHEL BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KFAR (660 AM; 10 kW; FAIRBANKS, AK; Owner: NEW NORTHWEST BROADCASTERS, LLC)
- KCBF (820 AM; 10 kW; FAIRBANKS, AK; Owner: NEW NORTHWEST BROADCASTERS, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Nulato:
- K02KW (Channel 2; NULATO, AK; Owner: STATE OF ALASKA)
- K04JF (Channel 4; NULATO, AK; Owner: VILLAGE OF NULATO)
Nulato fatal accident list:
Jan 17, 2010 03:10 AM, Dinnega St., Lat: 64.72963611, Lon: -158.11072778, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Pedestrians: 1, Fatalities: 1
Dec 18, 2003 03:00 AM, Stickman Rd, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1, Drunken drivers: 1
Jan 29, 2002 10:30 PM, Main Street, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Pedestrians: 1, Fatalities: 1, Drunken drivers: 1
Jan 29, 1995 00:20 AM, Danegga, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 3, Pedestrians: 1, Fatalities: 1, Drunken drivers: 1
Sep 8, 1984 05:00 AM, Nulato Rd, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 5, Fatalities: 1, Drunken drivers: 1
National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
Number of bridges: 1
Total length: 1 meters (3ft)
Total average daily traffic: 25
Total future (year 2030) average daily traffic: 60
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:
- Public Safety Bldg (Lat: 64.719639 Lon: -158.095278), Type: Building, Structure height: 3 m, Overall height: 6 m, Call Sign: WPMT942
Assigned Frequencies: 453.300 MHz
Grant Date: 12/22/1998, Expiration Date: 12/22/2003, Cancellation Date: 02/22/2004, Certifier: Randy Bonn
Registrant: Communications Equipment And Servic, 1010 College Rd, Fairbanks, AK 99701, Fax: (907) 451-7897
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers:
- Pauline Peter Residence (Lat: 64.718806 Lon: -158.105278), Type: Pole, Overall height: 11 m, Call Sign: KWC27, Licensee ID: L00002062
Assigned Frequencies: 3.20240 MHz, 3.29440 MHz, 3.35540 MHz, 5.16890 MHz, 5.20890 MHz
Grant Date: 11/27/2004, Expiration Date: 01/05/2015
Registrant: State Of Alaska, 5900 E Tudor Rd, Anchorage, AK 99507
- Lat: 64.718806 Lon: -158.052500, Call Sign: WXH9, Licensee ID: L00011273
Assigned Frequencies: 129.100 MHz, 129.800 MHz, 130.200 MHz, 130.300 MHz, 130.400 MHz, 130.900 MHz, 131.100 MHz, 131.300 MHz
Grant Date: 09/23/1994, Expiration Date: 08/10/1999, Cancellation Date: 05/06/2001
Registrant: Alaska Aviation Radio Inc, 1776 K St Nw, Washington, DC 20006
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
- Call Sign: KL2PT, Licensee ID: L01450457
Grant Date: 12/09/2008, Expiration Date: 12/09/2018, Certifier: Henry V Madros
Registrant: Henry V Madros, Nulato, AK 99765
FAA Registered Aircraft:
- Aircraft: CESSNA 172N (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 738MR , Serial Number: 17270088, Year manufactured: 1977, Airworthiness Date: 01/19/1978
Registrant (Individual): Victor William Nicholas, Po Box 65069, Nulato, AK 99765
|Most common first names in Nulato, AK among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Nulato, AK among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
- #3 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Information and record clerks except customer service representatives"
- #6 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Mathematical science occupations"
- #8 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Other direct selling establishments"
- #13 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Farmers and farm managers"
- #14 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Religious, grantmaking, civic, professional, and similar organizations"
- #19 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Educational services"
- #22 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of unmarried partner households"
- #91 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest average snowfall in a year"
- #96 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most fatal accidents per 100,000 population from 1975 to 2008"