We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||39.0 years|
|Illinois median age:||37.2 years|
Zip codes: 62449.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $20,938 (it was $14,926 in 2000)
Oblong village income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $56,657 (it was $45,500 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $65,919; Detached houses: $68,768; Mobile homes: $23,103
Median gross rent in 2013: $431.
Races in Oblong, IL (2010)
- 1,42797.3%White alone
- 90.6%Two or more races
- 70.5%Black alone
- 80.5%Asian alone
- 50.3%American Indian alone
|What are some strange names for illinois towns? (67 replies)|
|Where is "the middle of nowhere"in Illinois? (51 replies)|
|Things going on in Illinois ...August & September 2009 (12 replies)|
Latest news from Oblong, IL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (22.6%), United States (13.2%), Irish (12.4%), English (11.4%), French (2.8%), Scotch-Irish (2.4%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 06/15/1883
Elevation: 524 feet
Land area: 0.95 square miles.
Population density: 1,511 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Oblong:
- High school or higher: 90.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.6%
- Unemployed: 7.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 20.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Oblong village:
- Never married: 24.7%
- Now married: 53.9%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 10.3%
- Divorced: 11.1%
9 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Illinois and other state lists there were 4 registered sex offenders living in Oblong, Illinois as of August 04, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Oblong to the number of sex offenders is 361 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $904 (1.6%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $711 (1.3%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Terre Haute, IN (42.7 miles , pop. 59,614).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Indianapolis, IN (108.8 miles , pop. 781,870).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (196.8 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Stoy, IL (2.0 miles) , Willow Hill, IL (2.5 miles ), Ste. Marie, IL (2.8 miles ), Robinson, IL (3.0 miles ), Yale, IL (3.2 miles) , Annapolis, IL (3.3 miles) , Newton, IL (3.7 miles ), Flat Rock, IL (3.8 miles ).
Latitude: 39.00 N, Longitude: 87.91 W
Area code: 618
|Crime rates in Oblong by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 294.7)||208.2||226.6||228.9||376.6||429.9||266.6||220.7||287.5||313.0||379.8||208.9||237.9||349.6|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Oblong detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||0.68|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (34%)
- Construction (13%)
- Other services, except public administration (8%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (6%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (5%)
- Retail trade (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (33%)
- Educational services (16%)
- Manufacturing (12%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Transportation and warehousing (4%)
- Production occupations (28%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (12%)
- Material moving occupations (8%)
- Transportation occupations (7%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (7%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Management occupations (4%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (16%)
- Personal care and service occupations (11%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (8%)
- Health technologists and technicians (8%)
- Sales and related occupations (7%)
- Production occupations (7%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (7%)
Average climate in Oblong, Illinois
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Oblong-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Illinois state average. It is 50% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/2/1990, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 6.9 miles away from the Oblong village center injured 6 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 6/2/1990, a category F4 tornado 21.5 miles away from the village center injured 2 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Oblong-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Illinois state average. It is 76% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 38.0 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 12.5 miles away from Oblong center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 70.5 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 36.5 miles away from the city center
On 4/3/1974 at 23:05:02, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG) earthquake occurred 30.0 miles away from Oblong center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 154.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Crawford County (7) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 6
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 5, Floods: 4, Tornadoes: 2, Hurricane: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers in Oblong:
Other hospitals and medical centers near Oblong:
- CRAWFORD MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Critical Access Hospitals (about 9 miles away; ROBINSON, IL)
- CRAWFORD MEMORIAL HOSPITAL LTC (Nursing Home, about 9 miles away; ROBINSON, IL)
- SOUTH HAVEN HOME (Hospital, about 9 miles away; ROBINSON, IL)
- ROBINSON DIALYSIS (Dialysis Facility, about 9 miles away; ROBINSON, IL)
- COTILLION RIDGE NURSING CENTER (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; ROBINSON, IL)
- NEWTON REST HAVEN (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; NEWTON, IL)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Oblong:
- Vincennes University (about 31 miles; Vincennes, IN; Full-time enrollment: 9,876)
- Eastern Illinois University (about 37 miles; Charleston, IL; FT enrollment: 9,414)
- Lake Land College (about 40 miles; Mattoon, IL; FT enrollment: 7,499)
- Wabash Valley College (about 41 miles; Mount Carmel, IL; FT enrollment: 2,142)
- Indiana State University (about 43 miles; Terre Haute, IN; FT enrollment: 10,925)
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (about 46 miles; Terre Haute, IN; FT enrollment: 2,123)
- DePauw University (about 72 miles; Greencastle, IN; FT enrollment: 2,360)
Public high school in Oblong:
- Oblong High School (Location: 700 S Range St; Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle school in Oblong:
- Oblong Elementary School (Location: 600 W Main St; Grades: PK-8)
Private elementary/middle school in Oblong:
Notable location: Oblong Township Fire Protection District (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Oblong include: Central United Methodist Church (A), Evangelical United Methodist Church (B), First Baptist Church of Oblong (C), First Christian Church (D), Our Lady of Lourdes Church (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Oblong Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lake: Oblong Lake (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Hotel: Allen Development & MGMT (101 East Main Street).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 78.1. This is about average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 31.6. This is about average. Closest monitor was 11.4 miles away from the city center.
(16.3% for White Non-Hispanic residents)
|This village:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
8 people in group homes intended for adults in 2010
47 people in nursing homes in 2000
Oblong compared to Illinois state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Banks with branches in Oblong (2011 data):
- First Robinson Savings Bank, National Association: Oblong Branch at 102 West Main Street, branch established on 1995/06/26; Oblong Drive Up at 2500 East 1050th Ave, branch established on 1997/08/01. Info updated 2008/10/08: Bank assets: $221.3 mil, Deposits: $185.1 mil, headquarters in Robinson, IL, positive income, 5 total offices, Holding Company: First Robinson Financial Corporation
- First National Bank in Olney: Oblong Branch at 203 West Main Street, branch established on 1907/01/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $306.4 mil, Deposits: $269.1 mil, headquarters in Olney, IL, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 7 total offices, Holding Company: Summit Bancshares, Ltd.
- First Financial Bank, National Association: Oblong Branch at 301 East Main, branch established on 1915/01/01. Info updated 2012/01/04: Bank assets: $2,852.7 mil, Deposits: $2,227.7 mil, headquarters in Terre Haute, IN, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 66 total offices, Holding Company: First Financial Corporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (82%)
- Electricity (17%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Oblong village (based on Crawford County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Crawford County:||3.06 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|Crawford County:||3.57 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||8||$2,814|
|Police Protection - Officers||1||$4,300||$51,600||4||$1,236|
|Parks and Recreation||0||$0||1||$237|
|Other and Unallocable||1||$2,666||$31,992||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||6||$20,075||$40,150||15||$8,933|
Oblong government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Financial Administration: $418,000 ($291.09)
Water Utilities: $284,000 ($197.77)
Sewerage: $63,000 ($43.87)
Regular Highways: $35,000 ($24.37)
Parks & Recreation: $28,000 ($19.50)
General - Other: $25,000 ($17.41)
- General - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $276,000 ($192.20)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $4,000 ($2.79)
Oblong government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $99,000 ($68.94)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $74,000 ($51.53)
General Revenue, NEC: $55,000 ($38.30)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $284,000 ($197.77)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $242,000 ($168.52)
Highways: $44,000 ($30.64)
- Tax - Property: $80,000 ($55.71)
NEC: $16,000 ($11.14)
Oblong government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $60,000 ($41.78)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $5,000 ($3.48)
- Long Term Debt Issue, Unspecified - Water Utilities: $40,000 ($27.86)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $100,000 ($69.64)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $5,000 ($3.48)
Oblong government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $1,410,000 ($981.89)
3.48% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,658 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Lawrence County, IL||0.27% ($20,619 average AGI)|
|from Clark County, IL||0.24% ($30,000)|
|from Jasper County, IL||0.17% ($27,846)|
3.64% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($37,362 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Oblong:
- WIBC (1070 AM; 50 kW; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- WTAY (1570 AM; 0 kW; ROBINSON, IL; Owner: ANN BROADCASTING CORP.)
- KMOX (1120 AM; 50 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WHAS (840 AM; 50 kW; LOUISVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WLBH (1170 AM; daytime; 5 kW; MATTOON, IL; Owner: MATTOON BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WLS (890 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WLS, INC.)
- WPFR (1480 AM; 5 kW; TERRE HAUTE, IN)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WILY (1210 AM; daytime; 10 kW; CENTRALIA, IL; Owner: W. RUSSELL WITHERS, JR.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Oblong:
- WTYE (101.7 FM; ROBINSON, IL; Owner: ANN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WUSI (90.3 FM; OLNEY, IL; Owner: BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF S. ILL. UNIVER.)
- WCBH (104.3 FM; CASEY, IL; Owner: TWO PETAZ, INC.)
- WIKK (103.5 FM; NEWTON, IL; Owner: V.L.N. BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WMMC (105.9 FM; MARSHALL, IL; Owner: JDL BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WBOW-FM (102.7 FM; TERRE HAUTE, IN; Owner: CROSSROADS INVESTMENTS, LLC)
- WQTY (93.3 FM; LINTON, IN; Owner: THE ORIGINAL COMPANY, INC.)
- WHQQ (98.9 FM; NEOGA, IL; Owner: WSHY, INC.)
- WAKO-FM (103.1 FM; LAWRENCEVILLE, IL; Owner: LAWRENCEVILLE BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WSEI (92.9 FM; OLNEY, IL; Owner: V.L.N. BROADCASTING, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Oblong:
- WUSI-TV (Channel 16; OLNEY, IL; Owner: BD. OF TRUSTEES SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY)
- W57AO (Channel 57; ROBINSON, IL; Owner: FULL GOS. BUS. MENS. FELLOW INTL.)
- WTWO (Channel 2; TERRE HAUTE, IN; Owner: NEXSTAR BROADCASTING OF THE MIDWEST, INC.)
- WBAK-TV (Channel 38; TERRE HAUTE, IN; Owner: INDIANA BROADCASTING PARTNERS)
- WTHI-TV (Channel 10; TERRE HAUTE, IN; Owner: EMMIS TELEVISION LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WEIU-TV (Channel 51; CHARLESTON, IL; Owner: EASTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY)
Oblong fatal accident list:
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Oblong)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:14 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:4
- 3 Mi N 2 Mi E (Lat: 39.051417 Lon: -87.888917), Call Sign: KNAG738, Licensee ID: L00051725
Assigned Frequencies: 153.020 MHz
Grant Date: 02/23/2001, Expiration Date: 02/14/2011, Cancellation Date: 04/16/2011
Registrant: Meese, John:musgrove, Lawrence Dba Meese & Musgrove, 3751 E 1350th Ave, Oblong, IL 62449
- Rr 3 (Lat: 38.900056 Lon: -87.866694), Call Sign: KNAV987
Assigned Frequencies: 152.960 MHz
Grant Date: 02/26/1996, Expiration Date: 03/06/2001, Cancellation Date: 05/06/2001
Registrant: Ron Freeman, 4624 E 325th Ave, Oblong, IL 62449, Phone: (618) 557-3308
- 4 Mi N (Lat: 39.074750 Lon: -87.906417), Call Sign: KNEW954, Licensee ID: L00017798
Assigned Frequencies: 452.175 MHz
Grant Date: 12/15/1997, Expiration Date: 02/11/2003, Cancellation Date: 05/18/2003
Registrant: Laird Dart, Rr 2, Oblong, IL 62449
- Bps (Lat: 39.005889 Lon: -87.773639), Type: Pole, Structure height: 6 m, Call Sign: KNNJ327
Assigned Frequencies: 451.100 MHz
Grant Date: 01/14/2011, Expiration Date: 02/07/2021, Certifier: Betty Cuningham
Registrant: Pros Rf, 6160 Song Breeze Trace, Duluth, GA 30097, Phone: (270) 908-4402, Fax: (786) 549-7864, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:2
- OBLONG, Sr 33 & Twp 335e (Lat: 39.015583 Lon: -87.876139), Overall height: 90.5 m, Call Sign: WMS695
Assigned Frequencies: 21225.0 MHz
Grant Date: 11/29/1994, Expiration Date: 02/01/2001, Cancellation Date: 05/28/1999
Registrant: Illinois Rsa 6 & 7 LP, 2000 W Ameritech Ctr Dr, Hoffman Estates, IL 60195
- OBLONG, 896 East 1050 Avenue (Lat: 39.002361 Lon: -87.929389), Type: Tower, Structure height: 91.4 m, Overall height: 93.9 m, Call Sign: WQPN966
Assigned Frequencies: 10935.0 MHz
Grant Date: 07/10/2012, Expiration Date: 07/10/2022, Certifier: Ed King
Registrant: Cellular Properties, Inc., 28 Towne Centre, Danville, IL 61832, Phone: (217) 442-2355, Fax: (217) 446-9830, Email:
FCC Registered Paging Towers:1
- Sh 33 & Sr 375e (Lat: 39.015583 Lon: -87.876139), Overall height: 90.5 m, Call Sign: KNKH915
Assigned Frequencies: 931.337 MHz
Grant Date: 10/27/2009, Expiration Date: 11/08/2019, Certifier: J. Roy Pottle
Registrant: Wilkinson Barker Knauer, LLP, 2300 N Street, Nw, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20037, Phone: (202) 783-4141, Fax: (202) 783-5851, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:17 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Oblong)
FAA Registered Aircraft:6
- Aircraft: CESSNA 172M (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 108 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (4 Cycle)
N-Number: 172MS , Serial Number: 17263928, Year manufactured: 1974, Airworthiness Date: 09/17/1974
Registrant (Individual): Max D Musgrave, 1125 E 1600th Ave, Oblong, IL 62449
- Aircraft: SIX CHUTER INC SKYE RYDER AEROCHUTE (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: ROTAX 503 (52 HP) (2 Cycle)
N-Number: 179A , Serial Number: 96-1546-2, Year manufactured: 1996, Airworthiness Date: 10/27/2007
Registrant (Individual): Brent Helm, 9876 N 375th St, Oblong, IL 62449
- Aircraft: BEECH B36TC (Category: Land, Seats: 6, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: CONT MOTOR TSIO-520 SER (300 HP) (Turbo-prop)
N-Number: 67233 , Serial Number: EA-371, Year manufactured: 1983, Airworthiness Date: 08/02/1983
Registrant (Corporation): Mont Eagle Mills Inc, 804 W Main St, Oblong, IL 62449
- Aircraft: BEECH A36 (Category: Land, Seats: 6, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 138 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR IO 520 SERIES (285 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 7259R , Serial Number: E-628, Year manufactured: 1974, Airworthiness Date: 12/13/1974
Registrant (Co-Owned): Greg B Amburgey, 2219 E 1160th Ave, Oblong, IL 62449, Other Owners: James D Hansen
- Aircraft: INFINITY POWERED PARACHUTES SE582 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: ROTAX 582 (65 HP) (2 Cycle)
N-Number: 8005U , Serial Number: IPP-5304, Year manufactured: 2005, Airworthiness Date: 12/18/2007
Registrant (Individual): Todd A Krick, 10056 N 300th St, Oblong, IL 62449
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-28-180 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 107 mph), Engine: LYCOMING O&VO-360 SER (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 9435J , Serial Number: 28-3547, Year manufactured: 1966, Airworthiness Date: 08/04/1966
Registrant (Individual): Gregory C Nye, 5002 E 1350th Ave, Oblong, IL 62449
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 21
- Hazardous Condition: 4
- Good Intent Call: 1
Incident types - Oblong
|Most common first names in Oblong, IL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Oblong, IL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Oblong on our top lists:
- #19 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest city-data.com crime index per police officer in 2005-2006"
- #19 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Petroleum and coal products"
- #27 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Petroleum and coal products"
- #95 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of rapes in 2006 per 10,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data"
- #32 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating to other counties in 2006"
- #44 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating from other counties between 2005 and 2006"