Ocean City, Washington
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||52.9 years|
|Washington median age:||37.4 years|
Zip codes: 98569.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $13,151 (it was $15,468 in 2000)
Ocean City CDP income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $106,911 (it was $68,300 in 2000)
Races in Ocean City, WA (2010)
- 16080.0%White alone
- 94.5%American Indian alone
- 94.5%Asian alone
- 63.0%Two or more races
- 31.5%Other race alone
- 10.5%Black alone
- 10.5%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
|I-5 over the Skagit River between Burlington and Mt. Vernon (69 replies)|
|Washington PICTURE THREAD (1475 replies)|
|Washington State Weather (77 replies)|
|Beach recommendations please! (17 replies)|
|Should I Relocate to Ocean Shores ? (20 replies)|
|What's Aberdeen truly like? (46 replies)|
Latest news from Ocean City, WA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Irish (33.7%), Swedish (21.1%), English (10.3%), German (5.4%), Italian (3.4%).
Current Local Time: PST time zone
Elevation: 15 feet
Land area: 4.35 square miles.
Population density: 46 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Ocean City:
- High school or higher: 103.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 40.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 10.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 31.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Ocean City CDP:
- Never married: 40.1%
- Now married: 16.3%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 9.1%
- Divorced: 34.5%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $700 (1.2%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Lakewood, WA (77.5 miles , pop. 58,211).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Seattle, WA (94.1 miles , pop. 563,374).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (947.5 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: North Beach, WA (1.2 miles ), Hogans Corner, WA (1.4 miles) , Oyehut-Hogans Corner, WA (1.4 miles) , Oyehut, WA (1.8 miles) , Copalis Beach, WA (1.8 miles ), Ocean Shores, WA (2.6 miles ), Pacific Beach, WA (3.1 miles ), Moclips, WA (3.2 miles ).
Latitude: 47.07 N, Longitude: 124.17 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 360
Unemployment by year (%)
Average climate in Ocean City, Washington
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Ocean City-area historical earthquake activity is near Washington state average. It is 150% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/13/1949 at 19:55:42, a magnitude 7.0 (7.0 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 79.3 miles away from the city center, causing $80,000,000 total damage
On 2/28/2001 at 18:54:32, a magnitude 6.8 (6.5 MB, 6.6 MS, 6.8 MW, Depth: 32.2 mi, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 74.7 miles away from Ocean City center, causing $2,000,000,000 total damage and $305,000,000 insured losses
On 4/29/1965 at 15:28:43, a magnitude 6.6 (6.6 UK) earthquake occurred 87.8 miles away from the city center, causing $28,000,000 total damage
On 7/3/1999 at 01:43:54, a magnitude 5.8 (5.4 MB, 5.5 MS, 5.8 MW, 5.3 ME, Depth: 25.2 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 43.9 miles away from the city center
On 1/31/1922 at 13:17:28, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 446.0 miles away from Ocean City center
On 8/17/1991 at 22:17:14, a magnitude 7.1 (6.2 MB, 7.1 MS, 7.1 MW, 6.8 ML, Depth: 8.4 mi) earthquake occurred 374.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), energy magnitude (ME), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Grays Harbor County (22) is a lot greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 21
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 17, Storms: 13, Mudslides: 8, Landslides: 6, Winter Storms: 4, Heavy Rains: 2, Snows: 2, Earthquake: 1, Hurricane: 1, Volcanic Eruption: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Ocean City:
- The Evergreen State College (about 56 miles; Olympia, WA; Full-time enrollment: 4,613)
- South Puget Sound Community College (about 59 miles; Olympia, WA; FT enrollment: 3,981)
- Centralia College (about 62 miles; Centralia, WA; FT enrollment: 2,354)
- Pierce College at Fort Steilacoom (about 76 miles; Lakewood, WA; FT enrollment: 5,228)
- Tacoma Community College (about 79 miles; Tacoma, WA; FT enrollment: 6,622)
- Clover Park Technical College (about 79 miles; Lakewood, WA; FT enrollment: 4,185)
- Peninsula College (about 80 miles; Port Angeles, WA; FT enrollment: 2,012)
Notable location: Grays Harbor County Fire District 7 Station 2 Ocean Shores (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Creek: Connor Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2004 was 20.5. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2004 was 12.9. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 16.9 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2003 was 7.42. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 17.1 miles away from the city center.
(16.4% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 100.0% for American Indian residents)
|This place:||2.0 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 2.0% of all households
- Gay men: 1.0% of all households
Ocean City compared to Washington state average:
- Median household income significantly below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (77%)
- Utility gas (13%)
- Wood (10%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Ocean City CDP (based on Grays Harbor County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Grays Harbor County:||3.51 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washington:||2.06 / 10,000 pop.|
|Grays Harbor County:||2.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washington:||1.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|Grays Harbor County:||4.21 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.67 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.26 / 10,000 pop.|
|Grays Harbor County:||33.8%|
5.17% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($36,151 average adjusted gross income)
0.05% of residents moved from foreign countries ($433 average AGI)
Grays Harbor County: 0.05% Washington average: 0.14%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Thurston County, WA||0.88% ($35,151 average AGI)|
|from King County, WA||0.63% ($39,770)|
|from Pierce County, WA||0.47% ($37,230)|
5.96% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,355 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Ocean City:
- KXRO (1320 AM; 5 kW; ABERDEEN, WA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KIRO (710 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA; Owner: ENTERCOM SEATTLE LICENSE, LLC)
- KTTH (770 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA; Owner: ENTERCOM SEATTLE LICENSE, LLC)
- KGNW (820 AM; 50 kW; BURIEN-SEATTLE, WA; Owner: INSPIRATION MEDIA, INC.)
- KJR (950 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA)
- KOMO (1000 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA; Owner: FISHER BROADCASTING - SEATTLE RADIO, L.L.C.)
- KYCW (1090 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- KIXI (880 AM; 50 kW; MERCER ISLAND/SEATTL, WA; Owner: BELLEVUE RADIO, INC.)
- KKOL (1300 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA; Owner: INSPIRATION MEDIA, INC.)
- KPOJ (620 AM; 50 kW; PORTLAND, OR; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KPAM (860 AM; 50 kW; TROUTDALE, OR; Owner: PAMPLIN BROADCASTING-OREGON, INC.)
- KMAS (1030 AM; 10 kW; SHELTON, WA; Owner: SOUND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KXL (750 AM; 50 kW; PORTLAND, OR; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Ocean City:
- KAYO-FM (99.3 FM; ELMA, WA; Owner: SOUTH SOUND BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KFMY (97.7 FM; RAYMOND, WA; Owner: SOUTH SOUND BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KJET (105.7 FM; SOUTH BEND, WA; Owner: JODESHA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KXXK (95.3 FM; HOQUIAM, WA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KMNT (102.9 FM; CENTRALIA, WA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KDUX-FM (104.7 FM; ABERDEEN, WA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- K205EN (88.9 FM; ABERDEEN, WA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K207DB (89.3 FM; ABERDEEN, WA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KSWW (102.1 FM; MONTESANO, WA; Owner: JODESHA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 1Number of bridges
- 3m10ftTotal length
- 655Total average daily traffic
- 32Total average daily truck traffic
- 682Total future (year 2030) average daily traffic
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 3