We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||44.8 years|
|Vermont median age:||45.8 years|
Zip codes: 05649.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $25,938 (it was $16,356 in 2000)
Orange town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $185,175 (it was $93,200 in 2000)
Races in Orange, VT (2010)
- 1,05298.1%White alone
- 40.4%American Indian alone
- 30.3%Black alone
- 30.3%Asian alone
- 30.3%Two or more races
|Curious about St. Albans (4 replies)|
|Vermont Weather (3275 replies)|
|Upper Valley ideal town for young family? (Lyme, Norwich, Lebanon, Woodstock, etc?) (9 replies)|
|Vermont Made Beers-Here's Your Thread :) (526 replies)|
|Vermont Rail Ideas (125 replies)|
|Vermont's future and the youth fleeing the state. (156 replies)|
Latest news from Orange, VT collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: French (22.8%), English (19.6%), Irish (13.3%), French Canadian (7.9%), Scottish (7.3%), Italian (3.9%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 1512 feet
Land area: 38.8 square miles.
Population density: 28 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Orange:
- High school or higher: 78.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.0%
- Unemployed: 5.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 27.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Orange town:
- Never married: 18.9%
- Now married: 66.8%
- Separated: 1.4%
- Widowed: 4.3%
- Divorced: 8.5%
8 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Vermont and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Orange, Vermont as of February 22, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Orange to the number of sex offenders is 1,072 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Orange town:||1.6% ($1,491)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Manchester, NH (93.4 miles , pop. 107,006).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (142.7 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (240.9 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: East Barre, VT (1.7 miles ), Graniteville-East Barre, VT (2.0 miles ), Websterville, VT (2.0 miles ), Washington, VT (2.3 miles ), Graniteville, VT (2.3 miles ), South Barre, VT (2.4 miles ), Barre, VT (2.5 miles ), Topsham, VT (2.6 miles ).
Latitude: 44.15 N, Longitude: 72.39 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 802
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (23%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (9%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (7%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Transportation equipment (5%)
- Nonmetallic mineral products (5%)
- Food and beverage stores (4%)
- Health care (21%)
- Finance and insurance (15%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Public administration (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (10%)
- Social assistance (4%)
- Transportation equipment (3%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (8%)
- Carpenters (6%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (5%)
- Supervisors of construction and extraction workers (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (4%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (4%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (13%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Supervisors and other personal care and service workers except personal appearance, transportation, and child care workers (6%)
- Business operations specialists (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (4%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (4%)
Average climate in Orange, Vermont
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Orange-area historical earthquake activity is near Vermont state average. It is 90% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 69.6 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 98.0 miles away from Orange center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 60.0 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 11:04:42, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, 3.7 ML, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 68.4 miles away from the city center
On 6/16/1995 at 12:13:11, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 25.3 miles away from Orange center
On 8/21/1996 at 07:54:14, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, 3.6 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 51.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Orange County (20) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 19
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 15, Storms: 14, Tropical Storms: 2, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Landslide: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Stanley C. Wilson - Politician.
Hospitals and medical centers near Orange:
- HILL ICF/MR (Hospital, about 6 miles away; BARRE, VT)
- ROWAN COURT HEALTH AND REHAB (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; BARRE, VT)
- BERLIN HEALTH AND REHAB CTR (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; BARRE, VT)
- CENTRAL VERMONT HOME HEALTH AND HOSPICE (Home Health Center, about 10 miles away; BARRE, VT)
- MAYO HEALTHCARE INC. (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; NORTHFIELD, VT)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Orange:
- Norwich University (about 14 miles; Northfield, VT; Full-time enrollment: 4,221)
- Dartmouth College (about 32 miles; Hanover, NH; FT enrollment: 6,030)
- Middlebury College (about 41 miles; Middlebury, VT; FT enrollment: 3,077)
- Plymouth State University (about 45 miles; Plymouth, NH; FT enrollment: 4,838)
- Saint Michael's College (about 45 miles; Colchester, VT; FT enrollment: 2,336)
- Community College of Vermont (about 46 miles; Winooski, VT; FT enrollment: 3,394)
- University of Vermont (about 46 miles; Burlington, VT; FT enrollment: 11,566)
Notable location: Orange Town Hall (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Church in Orange: Orange Alliance Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Smith Lot Cemetery (1), Richardson Cemetery (2), Peake Cemetery (3), East Orange Cemetery (4), Cutlers Corners Cemetery (5), Brock Haven Cemetery (6), Hutchinson Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Riddel Pond (A), Orange Reservoir (B), Thurman W. Dix Reservoir (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Orange Brook (A), Nelson Brook (B), Nate Smith Brook (C), Baker Brook (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2002 was 81.0. This is about average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2000 was 26.1. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 19.5 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2002 was 17.3. This is about average. Closest monitor was 6.4 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2002 was 11.2. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 6.4 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 1.9% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Orange town (based on Orange County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Orange County:||2.76 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vermont:||3.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|Orange County:||1.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vermont:||1.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Orange County:||7.60 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.94 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.52 / 10,000 pop.|
6.24% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,737 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Washington County, VT||1.42% ($29,382 average AGI)|
|from Windsor County, VT||0.99% ($32,300)|
|from Grafton County, NH||0.70% ($32,424)|
6.57% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,548 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Orange:
- WTWN (1100 AM; daytime; 5 kW; WELLS RIVER, VT; Owner: PUFFER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WDEV (550 AM; 5 kW; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WSNO (1450 AM; 1 kW; BARRE, VT; Owner: VOX VERMONT, L.L.C)
- WSKI (1240 AM; 1 kW; MONTPELIER, VT; Owner: GALLOWAY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WICY (1490 AM; 50 kW; MALONE, NY; Owner: CARTIER COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WVMT (620 AM; 5 kW; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: SISON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNTK (1020 AM; 10 kW; NEWPORT, NH; Owner: KOOR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Orange:
- WCMD (89.9 FM; BARRE, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES, INC)
- WORK (107.1 FM; BARRE, VT; Owner: VOX VERMONT, L.L.C)
- WCVT (101.7 FM; STOWE, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT CLASSICS, L.L.C.)
- WDEV-FM (96.1 FM; WARREN, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WLKC (103.3 FM; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO BROADCASTING SERVICES, INC.)
- WDOT (95.7 FM; DANVILLE, VT; Owner: MONTPELIER BROADCASTING INC)
- WVPS (107.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WEZF (92.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WNCS (104.7 FM; MONTPELIER, VT; Owner: MONTPELIER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WPKQ (103.7 FM; NORTH CONWAY, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WHOM (94.9 FM; MT. WASHINGTON, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WEBK (105.3 FM; KILLINGTON, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WJJR (98.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WZRT (97.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WGMT (97.7 FM; LYNDON, VT; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WGLV (91.7 FM; WOODSTOCK, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES INC)
- WHDQ-FM1 (106.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WVFM (105.7 FM; CAMPTON, NH; Owner: DEVON BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WVPR (89.5 FM; WINDSOR, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WEVH (91.3 FM; HANOVER, NH; Owner: NEW HAMPSHIRE PUBLIC RADIO INC)
TV broadcast stations around Orange:
- WBVT-LP (Channel 39; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: NYN, LLC)
- Orange, Vermont
- Fatal accident count13
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents15
- Fatal accidents involving drunken persons:9
- Persons involved in fatal accidents26
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents1
- Vermont average
- Fatal accident count54
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents75
- Fatal accidents involving drunken persons23
- Persons involved in fatal accidents132
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents3
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 4Number of bridges
- 5m16ftTotal length
- $1,070,000Total costs
- 4,030Total average daily traffic
- 335Total average daily truck traffic
- 5,675Total future (year 2018) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:2
- Call Sign: W1MMN, Licensee ID: L00790166, Grant Date: 12/27/2013, Expiration Date: 03/22/2024, Certifier: George J Chandler Jr, Registrant: George J Chandler Jr, 108 George St, Orange, VT 05641-9668
- Call Sign: W1OAK, Licensee ID: L00790167, Grant Date: 12/27/2013, Expiration Date: 03/22/2024, Certifier: Ann L Chandler, Registrant: Ann L Chandler, 108 George St, Orange, VT 05641-9668
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 8
- Hazardous Condition: 18
Incident types - Orange
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (57%)
- Wood (24%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (16%)
- Other fuel (1%)
- No fuel used (1%)
- Coal or coke (1%)
Orange compared to Vermont state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.