|Median resident age:||44.2 years|
|New York median age:||40.7 years|
Zip codes: 14569.
Orangeville town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $111,643 (it was $89,000 in 2000)
- White alone - 1,294 (95.5%)
- Hispanic - 46 (3.4%)
- Two or more races - 5 (0.4%)
- American Indian alone - 4 (0.3%)
- Black alone - 2 (0.1%)
- Asian alone - 2 (0.1%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 2 (0.1%)
Ancestries: German (44.3%), English (17.4%), Irish (12.1%), Polish (12.1%), Italian (8.1%), United States (6.8%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Land area: 35.6 square miles.
Population density: 38 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Orangeville:
- High school or higher: 86.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.0%
- Unemployed: 5.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 28.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Orangeville town:
- Never married: 22.4%
- Now married: 61.8%
- Separated: 2.1%
- Widowed: 4.6%
- Divorced: 9.1%
9 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Orangeville town:||2.2% ($1,956)|
|New York:||1.9% ($2,847)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Cheektowaga, NY (27.8 miles , pop. 79,988).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Buffalo, NY (31.8 miles , pop. 292,648).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (249.2 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Sheldon, NY (2.4 miles ), Wethersfield, NY (2.5 miles ), Warsaw, NY (2.6 miles ), Java, NY (2.8 miles ), Attica, NY (3.0 miles ), Middlebury, NY (3.0 miles ), Gainesville, NY (3.1 miles ), Strykersville, NY (3.1 miles ).
Latitude: 42.74 N, Longitude: 78.27 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 585
Unemployment by year (%)
- Public administration (20%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (18%)
- Construction (14%)
- Educational services (4%)
- Metal and metal products (4%)
- Health care (4%)
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (3%)
- Health care (29%)
- Public administration (11%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (5%)
- Finance and insurance (4%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (3%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (13%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (9%)
- Farmers and farm managers (7%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (5%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (4%)
- Registered nurses (9%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (8%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Health technologists and technicians (5%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (5%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (5%)
Orangeville-area historical tornado activity is slightly below New York state average. It is 71% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/19/1970, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 28.6 miles away from the Orangeville town center injured 3 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 7/24/1967, a category F3 tornado 30.1 miles away from the town center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Orangeville-area historical earthquake activity is near New York state average. It is 87% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 139.2 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 214.5 miles away from Orangeville center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB) earthquake occurred 167.9 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi) earthquake occurred 257.8 miles away from the city center
On 1/26/2001 at 03:03:20, a magnitude 4.4 (3.9 MB, 4.4 LG, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 140.9 miles away from Orangeville center
On 1/16/1994 at 01:49:16, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 202.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Wyoming County (16) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 8
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 6, Floods: 4, Snowstorms: 3, Winter Storms: 3, Tornadoes: 2, Blizzard: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Power Outage: 1, Tropical Storm: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Harry Jeremiah Parks - Army Medal of Honor recipient.
Medal of Honor Recipients
Medal of Honor Recipient born in Orangeville: Henry Jeremiah Parks.
Hospitals and medical centers near Orangeville:
- MANOR OAK SKILLED NURSING FACILITIES WARSAW (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; WARSAW, NY)
- WYOMING COUNTY COMMUNITY HOSPITAL Acute Care Hospitals (about 7 miles away; WARSAW, NY)
- EAST SIDE NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; WARSAW, NY)
- WYOMING CO DOH CHHA (Home Health Center, about 8 miles away; SILVER SPRINGS, NY)
- FINGER LAKES DDSO (Hospital, about 14 miles away; PERRY, NY)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Orangeville:
- Genesee Community College (about 21 miles; Batavia, NY; Full-time enrollment: 4,290)
- SUNY College at Geneseo (about 23 miles; Geneseo, NY; FT enrollment: 5,520)
- Bryant & Stratton College-Online (about 26 miles; Orchard Park, NY; FT enrollment: 2,212)
- Daemen College (about 31 miles; Amherst, NY; FT enrollment: 2,365)
- University at Buffalo (about 33 miles; Buffalo, NY; FT enrollment: 25,415)
- Erie Community College (about 33 miles; Buffalo, NY; FT enrollment: 11,035)
- Canisius College (about 33 miles; Buffalo, NY; FT enrollment: 4,376)
Notable locations in Orangeville: Sickleys Corners (A), Williams Corners (B), Wyoming County Home (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Quaker Settlement Cemetery (1), Orangeville Center Cemetery (2), Quaker Meeting House Cemetery (3), Williams Cemetery (4), German Cemetery (5), Wilcox Cemetery (6), Pleasant View Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||2.5 people|
|New York:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.6% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Orangeville compared to New York state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (32%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (26%)
- Wood (21%)
- Utility gas (14%)
- Electricity (6%)
- Other fuel (1%)
- Coal or coke (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Orangeville town (based on Wyoming County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 46.29%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||United Church of Christ||United Methodist Church||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Conservative Baptist Association of America|
|Name||Episcopal Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Free Methodist Church of North America||American Baptist Churches in the USA||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Wyoming County:||2.15 / 10,000 pop.|
|New York:||4.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wyoming County:||0.96 / 10,000 pop.|
|New York:||0.92 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wyoming County:||4.54 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.68 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.82 / 10,000 pop.|
4.70% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,441 average adjusted gross income)
|New York average:||5.06%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Erie County, NY||1.28% ($44,960 average AGI)|
|from Genesee County, NY||0.67% ($30,577)|
|from Livingston County, NY||0.49% ($33,442)|
5.49% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,578 average adjusted gross income)
|New York average:||5.46%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Orangeville:
- WWKB (1520 AM; 50 kW; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: ENTERCOM BUFFALO LICENSE, LLC)
- WCJW (1140 AM; daytime; 3 kW; WARSAW, NY; Owner: LLOYD LANE, INCORPORATED)
- WHAM (1180 AM; 50 kW; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WGR (550 AM; 5 kW; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: ENTERCOM BUFFALO LICENSE, LLC)
- WXRL (1300 AM; 5 kW; LANCASTER, NY; Owner: DOME BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNED (970 AM; 5 kW; BUFFALO, NY)
- WTOR (770 AM; daytime; 9 kW; YOUNGSTOWN, NY; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WHLD (1270 AM; 5 kW; NIAGARA FALLS, NY; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBEN (930 AM; 5 kW; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: ENTERCOM BUFFALO LICENSE, LLC)
- WLGZ (990 AM; 5 kW; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WYSL (1040 AM; 3 kW; AVON, NY; Owner: RADIO LIVINGSTON, LTD)
- WBTA (1490 AM; 1 kW; BATAVIA, NY; Owner: BRO-BEN COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WABH (1380 AM; 10 kW; BATH, NY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Orangeville:
- WNSA (107.7 FM; WETHERSFIELD TWNSHP, NY; Owner: ADELPHIA COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION, DEBTOR-IN-POSSESSION)
- WCOU (88.3 FM; WARSAW, NY; Owner: FAMILY LIFE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WTSS (102.5 FM; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: ENTERCOM BUFFALO LICENSE, LLC)
- WLOF (101.7 FM; ATTICA, NY; Owner: HOLY FAMILY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WBUF (92.9 FM; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WNED-FM (94.5 FM; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: WESTERN NEW YORK PUBLIC B/C ASSOC.)
- WDCX (99.5 FM; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WGRF (96.9 FM; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WCIY (88.9 FM; CANANDAIGUA, NY; Owner: FAMILY LIFE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WFXF (107.3 FM; SOUTH BRISTOL TOWNSH, NY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WNVE (95.1 FM; HONEOYE FALLS, NY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WDNY-FM (93.9 FM; DANSVILLE, NY; Owner: MILLER MEDIA INC.)
- WFBF (89.9 FM; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- W201CY (88.1 FM; DANSVILLE, NY; Owner: MARS HILL BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- DW208AM (89.5 FM; BATAVIA, NY; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
TV broadcast stations around Orangeville:
- WNYO-TV (Channel 49; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: NEW YORK TELEVISION, INC.)
- WGRZ-TV (Channel 2; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: MULTIMEDIA ENTERTAINMENT, INC.)
- WKBW-TV (Channel 7; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: WKBW-TV LICENSE, INC.)
- WPXJ-TV (Channel 51; BATAVIA, NY; Owner: PAXSON BUFFALO LICENSE, INC.)
- WIVB-TV (Channel 4; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: WIVB BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WNGS (Channel 67; SPRINGVILLE, NY; Owner: CAROLINE K. POWLEY D/B/A UNICORN/SPRINGVILLE)
- WNED-TV (Channel 17; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: WESTERN NY PUBLIC BROADCASTING ASSOC.)
- WUTV (Channel 29; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: WUTV LICENSEE, LLC)
- WNLO (Channel 23; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: WIVB BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WDTB-LP (Channel 39; HAMBURG, NY; Owner: WORD OF GOD FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- WFHW-LP (Channel 58; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: CITIZENS TELEVISION SYSTEM, INC.)
- WBXZ-LP (Channel 56; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: RENARD COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
Total length: 11 meters (36ft)
Total costs: $6,626,000
Total average daily traffic: 7,630
Total average daily truck traffic: 576
Total future (year 2026) average daily traffic: 10,372
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:18 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers in Orangeville)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:2
- Dunham Rd (Lat: 42.715333 Lon: -78.261972), Type: Tower, Structure height: 92 m, Call Sign: WPPU589
Assigned Frequencies: 929.762 MHz
Grant Date: 01/18/2000, Expiration Date: 01/18/2010, Cancellation Date: 10/02/2002, Certifier: Paul H Kuzia
Registrant: Wilkinson Barker Knauer, LLP, 2300 N Street, N.W., 7th Floor, Washington, DC 20037, Phone: (202) 783-4141, Fax: (202) 783-5851, Email:
- Dunham Rd (Lat: 42.715278 Lon: -78.261944), Type: Tower, Structure height: 92.4 m, Call Sign: WPTR587, Licensee ID: L01422065
Assigned Frequencies: 929.962 MHz
Grant Date: 11/29/2001, Expiration Date: 11/29/2011, Cancellation Date: 10/05/2011, Certifier: Shawn E Endsley
Registrant: Usa Mobility Wireless, Inc., 3000 Technology Dr. #400, Plano, TX 75074, Phone: (972) 801-0000, Fax: (972) 801-1699, Email:
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:4
- Dunham Rd .6 Mi W Of Orangeville Rd (Lat: 42.717000 Lon: -78.255583), Call Sign: KML660, Licensee ID: L00099256
Assigned Frequencies: 461.875 MHz
Grant Date: 01/07/1998, Expiration Date: 01/13/2003, Cancellation Date: 01/16/2002
Registrant: Kyle Glosser, Rd 1, Warsaw, NY 14569
- Lat: 42.717000 Lon: -78.255583, Call Sign: KNFU491
Assigned Frequencies: 456.900 MHz
Grant Date: 06/18/2012, Expiration Date: 07/08/2022
Registrant: Federal Licensing Inc, 1588 Faifield Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325, Phone: (717) 334-9262, Fax: (717) 334-6440
- Dunham Rd (Lat: 42.715278 Lon: -78.261944), Type: Tower, Structure height: 92.4 m, Call Sign: WNAK424
Assigned Frequencies: 461.487 MHz, 463.650 MHz, 463.887 MHz
Grant Date: 07/02/2011, Expiration Date: 09/23/2021, Certifier: Michael A Saia
Registrant: Saia Communications Inc, 100 Stradtman Street, Buffalo, NY 14206, Phone: (716) 892-2900, Fax: (716) 892-2983, Email:
- Lat: 42.709167 Lon: -78.257167, Call Sign: WQKT582
Assigned Frequencies: 451.312 MHz, 456.312 MHz
Grant Date: 09/09/2009, Expiration Date: 09/09/2019, Certifier: David Bartholomew
Registrant: Skylines Unlimited Inc, 100 Stone Church Road, Carlisle, PA 17015, Phone: (717) 218-5003, Fax: (717) 218-5005, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:1
- ORANGEVILLE, 3460 Orangeville Center Rd (Lat: 42.718111 Lon: -78.246389), Overall height: 92.4 m, Call Sign: WHE534
Assigned Frequencies: 6197.20 MHz, 6345.50 MHz, 6197.24 MHz, 6226.89 MHz, 6256.50 MHz, 6256.54 MHz, 6286.19 MHz, 6375.20 MHz, 6315.84 MHz
Grant Date: 03/13/2001, Expiration Date: 02/01/2011, Cancellation Date: 01/25/2008, Certifier: Dennis W Guard Jr.
Registrant: Mcimetro Access Transmission Services LLC, 2400 North Glenville Drive, 71216/107, Richardson, TX 75082, Phone: (972) 729-6406, Fax: (972) 729-2690, Email: