Osceola: Lyric Theatre
Osceola: Osceola House
Osceola: Just outside Osceola city limits, mail box for lilgeocartoons.
Osceola: Grade Lake
Osceola: Chief Osceola
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||33.0 years|
|Iowa median age:||38.1 years|
Zip codes: 50213.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $20,606 (it was $17,244 in 2000)
Osceola city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $86,906 (it was $67,800 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2015: $695.
Races in Osceola, IA (2010)
- 3,96480.4%White alone
- 370.8%Two or more races
- 280.6%Black alone
- 230.5%Asian alone
- 60.1%American Indian alone
- 40.08%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
- 10.02%Other race alone
|Thoughts on Osceola area (0 replies)|
|Getting to Drake University (4 replies)|
|I-35 Kansas City - Des Moines - Minneapolis (22 replies)|
|What are Iowans like? (54 replies)|
|Moving to southern Iowa? (1 reply)|
|Iowa Questions (19 replies)|
Latest news from Osceola, IA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (14.0%), Irish (13.1%), American (11.4%), English (4.2%), Italian (3.7%), Danish (1.3%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 12/24/1866
Elevation: 1139 feet
Land area: 5.84 square miles.
Population density: 848 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Osceola:
- High school or higher: 84.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.2%
- Unemployed: 5.9%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 19.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Osceola city:
- Never married: 31.1%
- Now married: 44.3%
- Separated: 2.3%
- Widowed: 10.4%
- Divorced: 11.9%
317 residents are foreign born (5.5% Latin America).
According to our research of Iowa and other state lists there were 6 registered sex offenders living in Osceola, Iowa as of December 14, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Osceola to the number of sex offenders is 839 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $1,609 (1.8%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $1,452 (1.7%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Des Moines, IA (39.3 miles , pop. 198,682).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Omaha, NE (118.0 miles , pop. 390,007).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (320.6 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Woodburn, IA (3.0 miles ), Murray, IA (3.1 miles ), Weldon, IA (3.1 miles) , New Virginia, IA (3.2 miles ), Van Wert, IA (3.4 miles ), Truro, IA (3.6 miles ), Le Roy, IA (3.8 miles) , Thayer, IA (3.8 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 14 buildings, average cost: $121,400
- 1998: 18 buildings, average cost: $129,200
- 1999: 20 buildings, average cost: $86,500
- 2000: 19 buildings, average cost: $127,800
- 2001: 9 buildings, average cost: $82,500
- 2002: 26 buildings, average cost: $46,000
- 2003: 44 buildings, average cost: $67,800
- 2004: 4 buildings, average cost: $135,900
- 2005: 10 buildings, average cost: $162,300
- 2006: 9 buildings, average cost: $162,300
- 2007: 6 buildings, average cost: $150,000
- 2008: 28 buildings, average cost: $75,200
- 2009: 14 buildings, average cost: $138,100
- 2010: 13 buildings, average cost: $138,100
- 2011: 1 building, cost: $196,900
- 2012: 2 buildings, average cost: $281,500
- 2013: 2 buildings, average cost: $295,800
- 2014: 1 building, cost: $170,500
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 41.03 N, Longitude: 93.77 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,430 (+28.4%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,749 (74.8%)
Area code: 641
|Crime rates in Osceola by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 286.7)||263.2||241.7||207.9||172.3||205.6||178.0||172.3||119.0||149.5||121.5||119.5||120.0||159.8||120.0||229.9|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Osceola detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.22|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +459 (+10.9%).
- Manufacturing (22%)
- Construction (11%)
- Health care and social assistance (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (7%)
- Transportation and warehousing (7%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (26%)
- Accommodation and food services (18%)
- Manufacturing (14%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (7%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Production occupations (15%)
- Management occupations (13%)
- Material moving occupations (11%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (10%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (8%)
- Transportation occupations (8%)
- Personal care and service occupations (7%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (26%)
- Production occupations (13%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (10%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (9%)
- Personal care and service occupations (9%)
- Sales and related occupations (5%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (4%)
Average climate in Osceola, Iowa
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Osceola-area historical tornado activity is near Iowa state average. It is 81% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/10/1953, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 25.6 miles away from the Osceola city center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 5/24/1989, a category F4 tornado 28.5 miles away from the city center caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Osceola-area historical earthquake activity is near Iowa state average. It is 80% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 360.1 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 347.5 miles away from Osceola center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 350.9 miles away from the city center
On 7/16/2004 at 12:17:30, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 MW, 3.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 97.2 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 375.2 miles away from Osceola center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 382.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Clarke County (13) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 12
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 10, Storms: 9, Tornadoes: 5, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snow: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Mark Smith (Iowa politician) - Politician, Dwight Harken - Surgeon.
Hospitals and medical centers in Osceola:
Airports and heliports located in Osceola:
- Osceola Municipal Airport (I75) (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 1,150, Local Ops: 4,600)
- Clarke County Hospital Heliport (6IA9)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Osceola:
- Drake University (about 40 miles; Des Moines, IA; Full-time enrollment: 3,768)
- Des Moines Area Community College (about 48 miles; Ankeny, IA; FT enrollment: 15,337)
- Iowa State University (about 69 miles; Ames, IA; FT enrollment: 28,662)
- Indian Hills Community College (about 72 miles; Ottumwa, IA; FT enrollment: 4,034)
- Northwest Missouri State University (about 76 miles; Maryville, MO; FT enrollment: 5,946)
- Truman State University (about 86 miles; Kirksville, MO; FT enrollment: 5,553)
- Iowa Central Community College (about 104 miles; Fort Dodge, IA; FT enrollment: 4,682)
Public high school in Osceola:
- CLARKE COMMUNITY HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 428, Location: 800 N JACKSON ST, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Osceola:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- Osceola United Methodist Church, 130 West Grant Street (1 block south and 1 block west of the intersection of Highways 34 & 69)
- Osceola Police Department-Police Protection, Officers: 10
- PLEASE ADD: Osceola United Methodist Church, 130 W Grant St, Osceola to your list of churches. Thanks!
Notable locations in Osceola: Osceola Country Club (A), Wilkins North Elevator (B), Osceola (C), Osceola Volunteer Fire Department (D), Clarke County Historical Museum (E), Clarke County Courthouse (F), Clarke County Sheriffs Office (G), Osceola Public Library (H), Osceola City Hall (I), Osceola Police Department (J). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Osceola include: Calvary Church (A), United Methodist Church (B), Immanual Lutheran Church (C), Evangelical Free Church (D), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (E), First Presbyterian Church (F), Assembly of God Church (G), First Baptist Church (H), Christian Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Maple Hill Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Reservoirs: Grade Lake (A), Q Pond (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Osceola include: Lions Park (1), Q Pond City Park (2), Siemens Ball Park (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotels: Motor Inn Motel (221 West McLane Street), AmericInn Osceola (111 Ariel Circle), Days Inn (710 Warren Avenue), Super 8 Motel (720 Warren Avenue), Lakeside Casino Resort (777 Casino Drive), Osceola Days Inn (710 Warren Ave), Best Western Regal Inn (1520 Jeffreys Drive Box 238), Blue Haven Motel (325 South Main Street), Homestyle Inn (702 North Main Street).
Courts: Counties Of-Iowa - Clarke County- Magistrate Court (Courthouse), Counties Of-Iowa - Clarke County- Clerk Of Court (Courthouse).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 62.3. This is about average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 31.6. This is about average. Closest monitor was 19.9 miles away from the city center.
(16.8% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 100.0% for Black residents, 42.4% for Hispanic or Latino residents)
|This city:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
People in group quarters in Osceola in 2010:
- 100 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 16 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 13 people in group homes intended for adults
- 11 people in workers' group living quarters and job corps centers
People in group quarters in Osceola in 2000:
- 27 people in hospitals/wards and hospices for chronically ill
- 27 people in other hospitals or wards for chronically ill
- 19 people in other nonhousehold living situations
- 17 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 8 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 5 people in other group homes
Banks with branches in Osceola (2011 data):
- American State Bank: Osceola Branch at 101 North Main, branch established on 1970/12/21; at 1000 Jeffreys Drive, branch established on 1987/04/23. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $137.5 mil, Deposits: $107.8 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Osceola Bancorporation
- Clarke County State Bank: at 139 S Main Street, branch established on 1935/01/03; Osceola Branch at 1320 Jeffreys Drive, branch established on 1967/01/11. Info updated 2007/01/12: Bank assets: $109.8 mil, Deposits: $90.7 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: John T. Vucurevich Foundation
- Great Western Bank: Osceola Branch at 610 West Mclane, branch established on 1934/01/01. Info updated 2010/06/08: Bank assets: $8,458.0 mil, Deposits: $6,362.5 mil, headquarters in Watertown, SD, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 187 total offices, Holding Company: National Australia Bank Limited
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Osceola city (based on Clarke County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Clarke County:||3.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|Iowa:||2.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Clarke County:||7.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.68 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.01 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Osceola, IA Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2013)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||2||$9,849||$59,094||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||11||$43,316||$47,254||0||$0|
|Police - Other||1||$3,145||$37,740||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||5||$16,653||$39,967||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||2||$7,617||$45,702||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||3||$9,775||$39,100||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||39||$137,590||$42,335||7||$8,330|
Osceola government finances - Expenditure in 2006 (per resident):
- Construction - General - Other: $4,171,000 ($842.80)
Sewerage: $285,000 ($57.59)
Air Transportation: $105,000 ($21.22)
Water Utilities: $6,000 ($1.21)
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $1,323,000 ($267.33)
Police Protection: $639,000 ($129.12)
Financial Administration: $615,000 ($124.27)
Sewerage: $499,000 ($100.83)
Regular Highways: $480,000 ($96.99)
General - Other: $407,000 ($82.24)
Parks and Recreation: $371,000 ($74.96)
Solid Waste Management: $283,000 ($57.18)
Air Transportation: $171,000 ($34.55)
Libraries: $150,000 ($30.31)
Miscellaneous Commercial Activities, NEC: $122,000 ($24.65)
Central Staff Services: $94,000 ($18.99)
Local Fire Protection: $74,000 ($14.95)
Housing and Community Development: $60,000 ($12.12)
Judicial and Legal Services: $25,000 ($5.05)
- General - Interest on Debt: $392,000 ($79.21)
- Other Capital Outlay - Housing and Community Development: $106,000 ($21.42)
Regular Highways: $102,000 ($20.61)
Water Utilities: $66,000 ($13.34)
Miscellaneous Commercial Activities, NEC: $42,000 ($8.49)
Parks and Recreation: $37,000 ($7.48)
Local Fire Protection: $32,000 ($6.47)
Police Protection: $5,000 ($1.01)
- Total Salaries and Wages: $1,416,000 ($286.12)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $93,000 ($18.79)
Osceola government finances - Revenue in 2006 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $1,001,000 ($202.26)
Solid Waste Management: $192,000 ($38.80)
Parks and Recreation: $120,000 ($24.25)
Air Transportation: $67,000 ($13.54)
Miscellaneous Commercial Activities: $55,000 ($11.11)
All Other: $16,000 ($3.23)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $31,000 ($6.26)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $947,000 ($191.35)
Interest Earnings: $298,000 ($60.21)
Rents: $159,000 ($32.13)
Special Assessments: $24,000 ($4.85)
Fines and Forfeits: $2,000 ($0.40)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $1,268,000 ($256.21)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $546,000 ($110.33)
Highways: $423,000 ($85.47)
- Tax - Property: $2,197,000 ($443.93)
General Sales and Gross Receipts: $279,000 ($56.38)
Other Selective Sales: $235,000 ($47.48)
Public Utilities Sales: $39,000 ($7.88)
Other License: $10,000 ($2.02)
Osceola government finances - Debt in 2006 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt - Outstanding Unspecified Public Purpose: $13,346,000 ($2696.71)
Beginning Outstanding - Unspecified Public Purpose: $9,801,000 ($1980.40)
Issue, Unspecified Public Purpose: $5,800,000 ($1171.95)
Retired Unspecified Public Purpose: $2,255,000 ($455.65)
Osceola government finances - Cash and Securities in 2006 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash and Securities: $7,134,000 ($1441.50)
- Sinking Funds - Cash and Securities: $327,000 ($66.07)
6.67% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($28,279 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Decatur County, IA||0.95% ($23,500 average AGI)|
|from Polk County, IA||0.92% ($22,364)|
|from Union County, IA||0.50% ($29,611)|
6.70% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,772 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Osceola:
- WHO (1040 AM; 50 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KPSZ (940 AM; 10 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF IOWA, LLC)
- KOIL (1020 AM; 50 kW; PLATTSMOUTH, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KBGG (1700 AM; 10 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KFAB (1110 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KKAR (1290 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KXEL (1540 AM; 50 kW; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: KXEL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KRNT (1350 AM; 5 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF IOWA, LLC)
- KYDZ (1180 AM; 25 kW; BELLEVUE, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KXNO (1460 AM; 5 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WOI (640 AM; 5 kW; AMES, IA; Owner: IOWA STATE UNIV., OF SCIENCE & TECH.)
- KXLQ (1490 AM; 1 kW; INDIANOLA, IA; Owner: WARREN BROADCASTING, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Osceola:
- KJJC (107.1 FM; OSCEOLA, IA; Owner: THOMAS H. BURKE, RECEIVER FOR LIFESTYLE COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- KIIC (97.9 FM; LAMONI, IA; Owner: THOMAS H. BURKE, RECEIVER FOR LIFESTYLE COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- KIOA (93.3 FM; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF IOWA, LLC)
- KMXD (100.3 FM; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WOI-FM (90.1 FM; AMES, IA; Owner: IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCI & TECH)
- KAZR (103.3 FM; PELLA, IA; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF IOWA, LLC)
- KGGO (94.9 FM; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KELR-FM (105.3 FM; CHARITON, IA; Owner: FMC BROADCASTING, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Osceola:
- WOI-TV (Channel 5; AMES, IA; Owner: CAPITAL COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY, INC.)
- KDIN-TV (Channel 11; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: IOWA PUBLIC BROADCASTING BOARD)
- KPWB-TV (Channel 23; AMES, IA; Owner: PAPPAS TELECASTING OF IOWA, L.L.C.)
- KDSM-TV (Channel 17; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: KDSM LICENSEE, LLC)
- KCCI (Channel 8; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: DES MOINES HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC.)
- WHO-TV (Channel 13; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: NEW YORK TIMES MANAGEMENT SERVICES)
- WBXF-CA (Channel 4; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: THE BOX WORLDWIDE LLC)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
Osceola fatal accident list:
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 7Number of bridges
- 46m151ftTotal length
- 58,890Total average daily traffic
- 14,138Total average daily truck traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 62 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Osceola, IA)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 19 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 6 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 12 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Osceola)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 37 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Osceola)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 21
- Hazardous Condition: 3
- Good Intent Call: 1
Incident types - Osceola
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Osceola, Iowa:
- Americinn Lodge & Suites, 111 Ariel Cir, Osceola, Iowa 50213 , Phone: (641) 342-9400, Fax: (641) 342-7285
- Super 8 Motel, 720 Warren Ave, Osceola, Iowa 50213 , Phone: (641) 342-6594, Fax: (641) 342-6594
|Most common first names in Osceola, IA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Osceola, IA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (55%)
- Electricity (42%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
- Other fuel (1%)
|Businesses in Osceola, IA|
|Days Inn||1||Taco Bell||1|
|H&R Block||1||U.S. Cellular||1|
Osceola compared to Iowa state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Osceola on our top lists:
- #24 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the smallest percentage of likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households) (population 5,000+)"
- #27 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Personal care and service occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #45 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Production occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #70 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in other hospitals or wards for chronically ill (population 1,000+)"
- #79 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in industries: Arts, entertainment, and recreation (population 5,000+)"
- #80 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in hospitals/wards and hospices for chronically ill (population 1,000+)"
- #90 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #97 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #65 (50213) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the most casinos in 2005"
Total of 15 patent applications in 2008-2017.