Paden City, West Virginia
Paden City: sunset on ohio river paden city docks
Paden City: PC from Oil Ridge.
Paden City: View from a 7th ave. house roof.
Paden City: sunset on Ohio river
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||45.7 years|
|West Virginia median age:||41.7 years|
Zip codes: 26159.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $20,150 (it was $19,498 in 2000)
Paden City city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $73,759 (it was $58,400 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $543.
Races in Paden City, WV (2010)
- 2,59098.4%White alone
- 160.6%Two or more races
- 60.2%Black alone
- 40.2%American Indian alone
- 30.1%Asian alone
- 10.04%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
- 10.04%Other race alone
|Nice small towns outside of MorganTown??? (43 replies)|
|Where is HUNDRED west Virginia .Is it nice? (14 replies)|
|Fenton Shutting Down (5 replies)|
|What's the Best City in West Virginia? (661 replies)|
|Looking for interesting "mountain towns" in West Virginia (46 replies)|
|Dirty Jobs Visits Fenton (15 replies)|
Latest news from Paden City, WV collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (24.6%), Irish (18.0%), English (15.8%), United States (11.9%), Dutch (3.3%), Italian (3.0%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 660 feet
Land area: 0.89 square miles.
Population density: 2,890 people per square mile(average).
For population 25 years and over in Paden City:
- High school or higher: 84.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.2%
- Unemployed: 10.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 24.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Paden City city:
- Never married: 19.2%
- Now married: 51.1%
- Separated: 3.8%
- Widowed: 11.9%
- Divorced: 14.0%
According to our research of West Virginia and other state lists there were 6 registered sex offenders living in Paden City, West Virginia as of November 30, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Paden City to the number of sex offenders is 432 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $555 (0.7%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $432 (0.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Pittsburgh, PA (77.0 miles , pop. 334,563).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (308.8 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Sardis, OH (1.3 miles ), Sistersville, WV (2.1 miles ), New Martinsville, WV (2.3 miles ), Hannibal, OH (2.3 miles ), Middlebourne, WV (2.8 miles ), Antioch, OH (2.9 miles) , Matamoras, OH (3.0 miles ), Friendly, WV (3.0 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 1 building, cost: $65,000
- 1998: 1 building, cost: $158,000
- 2000: 5 buildings, average cost: $88,100
- 2001: 2 buildings, average cost: $55,500
- 2004: 1 building, cost: $87,000
- 2005: 3 buildings, average cost: $118,600
- 2006: 1 building, cost: $30,000
- 2007: 1 building, cost: $77,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 39.60 N, Longitude: 80.93 W
Area code: 304
|Crime rates in Paden City by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 295.6)||4.5||10.5||10.6||13.7||23.9||3.2||1.6||2.8|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Paden City detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.55|
|West Virginia average:||1.92|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -55 (-1.9%).
- Manufacturing (43%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (7%)
- Construction (6%)
- Utilities (5%)
- Transportation and warehousing (5%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (4%)
- Health care and social assistance (35%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Accommodation and food services (10%)
- Educational services (10%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Other services, except public administration (8%)
- Finance and insurance (8%)
- Production occupations (22%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (16%)
- Management occupations (10%)
- Sales and related occupations (9%)
- Transportation occupations (8%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (19%)
- Healthcare support occupations (14%)
- Sales and related occupations (13%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (13%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (9%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (6%)
- Personal care and service occupations (6%)
Average climate in Paden City, West Virginia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Paden City-area historical tornado activity is slightly above West Virginia state average. It is 58% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/1/1986, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 22.5 miles away from the Paden City city center injured one person and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 7/28/1981, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 21.0 miles away from the city center injured 8 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Paden City-area historical earthquake activity is near West Virginia state average. It is 82% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 133.6 miles away from the city center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB) earthquake occurred 138.7 miles away from Paden City center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK) earthquake occurred 188.6 miles away from the city center
On 9/7/1988 at 02:28:09, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 188.0 miles away from the city center
On 1/26/2001 at 03:03:20, a magnitude 4.4 (3.9 MB, 4.4 LG, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 161.9 miles away from Paden City center
On 7/12/1986 at 08:19:37, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 193.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Tyler County (13) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 7, Storms: 6, Winter Storms: 4, Landslides: 3, Tornadoes: 2, Blizzard: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Snowfall: 1, Snowstorm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Jeff Casteel - Football player and coach.
Hospitals and medical centers near Paden City:
- WETZEL COUNTY HOMECARE (Home Health Center, about 5 miles away; NEW MARTINSVILLE, WV)
- SISTERSVILLE GENERAL HOSPITAL Critical Access Hospitals (about 5 miles away; SISTERSVILLE, WV)
- NEW MARTINSVILLE CARE AND REHABILITATION (Nursing Home, about 6 miles away; NEW MARTINSVILLE, WV)
- NEW MARTINSVILLE DIALYSIS FACILITY (Dialysis Facility, about 7 miles away; NEW MARTINSVILLE, WV)
- WETZEL COUNTY HOSPITAL Acute Care Hospitals (about 7 miles away; NEW MARTINSVILLE, WV)
- REM-WV, INC., NEW MARTINSVILLE (Hospital, about 8 miles away; NEW MARTINSVILLE, WV)
- MONROE COUNTY CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; WOODSFIELD, OH)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Paden City:
- West Virginia University at Parkersburg (about 41 miles; Parkersburg, WV; Full-time enrollment: 2,619)
- Fairmont State University (about 42 miles; Fairmont, WV; FT enrollment: 3,714)
- West Liberty University (about 43 miles; West Liberty, WV; FT enrollment: 2,728)
- Waynesburg University (about 45 miles; Waynesburg, PA; FT enrollment: 2,080)
- Muskingum University (about 51 miles; New Concord, OH; FT enrollment: 2,073)
- West Virginia University (about 53 miles; Morgantown, WV; FT enrollment: 27,429)
- Franciscan University of Steubenville (about 56 miles; Steubenville, OH; FT enrollment: 2,572)
Public high school in Paden City:
- Paden City High School (Students: 164; Location: 201 N FOURTH AVENUE; Grades: 7-12)
Public elementary/middle school in Paden City:
- Paden City Elementary School (Students: 198; Location: 510 N SECOND AVENUE; Grades: K-6)
Notable locations in Paden City: Paden City Public Library (A), Paden City City Hall (B), Paden City Volunteer Fire Department (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Paden City include: Wesleyan Methodist Church (A), Church of Christ (B), Saint Pauls Methodist Church (C), Paden City Church of the Nazarene (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotel: D & D Motel (530 South 4th Avenue).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 53.8. This is better than average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 6.72. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 12.1 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2003 was 23.8. This is about average. Closest monitor was 12.1 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 11.8. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 24.1 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Paden City and their reported violations in the past:PADEN CITY, CITY OF (Population served: 2,985, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- Lead Consumer Notice - In DEC-30-2013, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Formal NOV issued (FEB-14-2014), St Public Notif requested (FEB-14-2014)
- 2 regular monitoring violations
(20.4% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 33.3% for Black residents, 80.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents)
|This city:||2.3 people|
|West Virginia:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
2 people in homes for the mentally retarded in 2000
Paden City compared to West Virginia state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Banks with branches in Paden City (2011 data):
- Wesbanco Bank, Inc.: Fourth And Main Streets Branch at Fourth And Main Streets, branch established on 1977/03/28. Info updated 2009/04/02: Bank assets: $5,520.2 mil, Deposits: $4,394.5 mil, headquarters in Wheeling, WV, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 115 total offices, Holding Company: Wesbanco, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
|West Virginia average:||11.3|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (86%)
- Electricity (10%)
- Wood (3%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Paden City city (based on Tyler County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Tyler County:||4.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|West Virginia:||2.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|Tyler County:||3.35 / 10,000 pop.|
|West Virginia:||1.09 / 10,000 pop.|
|Tyler County:||5.59 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||1.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||2||$4,276||$25,656||10||$1,076|
|Judicial and Legal||0||$0||1||$250|
|Police Protection - Officers||4||$9,572||$28,716||1||$218|
|Police - Other||1||$1,044||$12,528||1||$696|
|Other and Unallocable||0||$0||1||$116|
|Totals for Government||14||$30,740||$26,349||15||$2,504|
Paden City government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $344,000 ($134.38)
Sewerage: $182,000 ($71.09)
Police Protection: $128,000 ($50.00)
Financial Administration: $36,000 ($14.06)
Regular Highways: $33,000 ($12.89)
Parks & Recreation: $29,000 ($11.33)
General - Other: $27,000 ($10.55)
Libraries: $4,000 ($1.56)
Solid Waste Management: $2,000 ($0.78)
Fire Protection: $2,000 ($0.78)
- General - Interest on Debt: $18,000 ($7.03)
- Other Capital Outlay - Police Protection: $14,000 ($5.47)
Fire Protection: $14,000 ($5.47)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $250,000 ($97.66)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $100,000 ($39.06)
Paden City government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $263,000 ($102.73)
All Other: $141,000 ($55.08)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $43,000 ($16.80)
Interest Earnings: $15,000 ($5.86)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $399,000 ($155.86)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $25,000 ($9.77)
General Support: $6,000 ($2.34)
- Tax - Property: $112,000 ($43.75)
Public Utilities: $95,000 ($37.11)
NEC: $5,000 ($1.95)
Total General Sales: $0 ($0.00)
Paden City government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $1,664,000 ($650.00)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $299,000 ($116.80)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $264,000 ($103.13)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $1,593,000 ($622.27)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $71,000 ($27.73)
Other, NEC: $35,000 ($13.67)
Paden City government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $300,000 ($117.19)
4.92% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($32,019 average adjusted gross income)
|West Virginia average:||5.16%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Wetzel County, WV||1.67% ($27,660 average AGI)|
5.07% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,056 average adjusted gross income)
|West Virginia average:||5.13%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Paden City:
- WWVA (1170 AM; 53 kW; WHEELING, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WETZ (1330 AM; 1 kW; NEW MARTINSVILLE, WV; Owner: DAILEY CORPORATION)
- WVLY (1370 AM; 5 kW; MOUNDSVILLE, WV; Owner: SCOTT RADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WTVN (610 AM; 50 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KDKA (1020 AM; 50 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WBRJ (910 AM; 5 kW; MARIETTA, OH; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WKNR (850 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WMMN (920 AM; 5 kW; FAIRMONT, WV; Owner: FANTASIA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WJAW (630 AM; 1 kW; ST. MARYS, WV; Owner: JAWCO, INC.)
- WTAM (1100 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WADC (1050 AM; 5 kW; PARKERSBURG, WV; Owner: BURBACH OF DE, LLC)
- WHK (1220 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WKKX (1600 AM; 5 kW; WHEELING, WV; Owner: SCOTT RADIO GROUP, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Paden City:
- WYMJ (99.5 FM; NEW MARTINSVILLE, WV; Owner: DAILEY CORPORATION)
- WXCR (92.3 FM; NEW MARTINSVILLE, WV; Owner: SEVEN RANGES RADIO COMPANY, INC.)
- WETZ-FM (103.9 FM; NEW MARTINSVILLE, WV; Owner: DAILEY CORPORATION)
- WRSG (91.5 FM; MIDDLEBOURNE, WV; Owner: TYLER COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- WRKP (96.5 FM; MOUNDSVILLE, WV; Owner: RKP INTERNATIONAL CORP.)
- WOVK (98.7 FM; WHEELING, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WEGW (107.5 FM; WHEELING, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WAJR-FM (103.3 FM; SALEM, WV; Owner: WEST VIRGINIA RADIO CORPORATION OF SALEM)
- WZWA (90.1 FM; CLARKSBURG, WV; Owner: MARANATHA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WRRR-FM (93.9 FM; ST. MARYS, WV; Owner: SEVEN RANGES RADIO COMPANY, INC.)
- WBNV (93.5 FM; BARNESVILLE, OH; Owner: W. GRANT HAFLEY)
- WGIE (92.7 FM; CLARKSBURG, WV; Owner: BURBACH OF DE, LLC)
- WEEL (95.7 FM; SHADYSIDE, OH; Owner: OHIO VALLEY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WWLW (106.5 FM; CLARKSBURG, WV; Owner: WEST VIRGINIA RADIO CORPORATION OF CLARKSBURG)
- WOBG-FM (105.7 FM; SALEM, WV; Owner: BURBACH OF DE, LLC)
- WOMP-FM (100.5 FM; BELLAIRE, OH; Owner: KEYMARKET LICENSES, LLC)
- W225AC (92.9 FM; SISTERSVILLE, WV; Owner: SEVEN RANGES RADIO COMPANY, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Paden City:
- WOUC-TV (Channel 44; CAMBRIDGE, OH; Owner: OHIO UNIVERSITY)
- WTRF-TV (Channel 7; WHEELING, WV; Owner: WEST VIRGINIA MEDIA HOLDINGS, LLC)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2013 (per 100,000 population)
Paden City fatal accident list:
Dec 30, 1978 03:45 AM, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 7
- Hazardous Condition: 17
Incident types - Paden City
|Most common first names in Paden City, WV among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Paden City, WV among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Businesses in Paden City, WV
- Domino's Pizza: 1
- True Value: 1
State forum archive: