Pampa: PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH exterior near the old downtown.
Pampa: OLD DERRICK BAR and several other taverns are located just outside city limits so they can serve customers alcoholic drinks on Sundays.
Pampa: A CONTEMPORARY SANCTUARY at the First Baptist Church evokes the more traditional one it replaced after a devastating fire.
Pampa: HISTORIC "SHOTGUN" HOUSE, typical of post-WW2 residences built for employees of oil companies, was originally located in an employee "camp" alongside a refinery or plant. It is now located across the street from Central Park. The nearby town of Borger has many more of these.
Pampa: PAMPA TRAIN DEPOT. Pampa began as a site owned by the White Deer Land Company and designated as a station on the Southern Kansas Railway in the summer of 1887.
Pampa: HOBART STREET UNDERPASS is a Pampa landmark.
Pampa: NAIDA STREET, looking south, on the west side of town.
Pampa: BOWERS CITY PLANT of Phillips Petroleum occupied this site ten miles south of Pampa off FM Road 749 through the late 60s. The plant, scores of employee homes, an elementary school, a fire station, and a general store stood where only cows graze now.
Pampa: CLOSED RESTAURANT on West Foster Avenue in the historic downtown area.
Pampa: Sunrise at the feedlot
Pampa: PAMPA LUMBER: this photo was conceived about 1962 by a 10-year-old, when it was still a lumber yard, and shot in 2007 after a 45-year absence. Apparently it's a diner now.
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||37.1 years|
|Texas median age:||34.4 years|
Zip codes: 79065.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $22,960 (it was $17,791 in 2000)
Pampa city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $83,600 (it was $36,700 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $107,569; Detached houses: $111,652; Townhouses or other attached units: $89,427; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $58,566; Mobile homes: $40,973
Median gross rent in 2015: $723.
Races in Pampa, TX (2015)
- 11,99363.6%White alone
- 4152.2%Black alone
- 3832.0%Two or more races
- 1560.8%American Indian alone
- 790.4%Asian alone
- 230.1%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
- 160.08%Other race alone
|Amarillo - Is it safe? How's the climate? (24 replies)|
|Relocating to Pampa Texas, housing help requested (0 replies)|
|Commuting from Pampa to Borger? (1 reply)|
|Job Offer Pampa TX Need Info on Natives (10 replies)|
|Winters in Amarillo & Pampa (24 replies)|
|Diversity of Texas Metro Areas Ranked (25 replies)|
Latest news from Pampa, TX collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (11.6%), English (10.6%), German (9.0%), Irish (4.0%), Scotch-Irish (1.5%), Scottish (1.4%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 3236 feet
Land area: 8.73 square miles.
Population density: 2,109 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Pampa:
- High school or higher: 79.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.4%
- Unemployed: 5.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 19.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Pampa city:
- Never married: 22.7%
- Now married: 53.9%
- Separated: 2.7%
- Widowed: 8.2%
- Divorced: 12.4%
2,000 residents are foreign born (9.9% Latin America).
According to our research of Texas and other state lists there were 36 registered sex offenders living in Pampa, Texas as of September 22, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Pampa to the number of sex offenders is 509 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $1,970 (1.8%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $851 (1.3%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Amarillo, TX (55.1 miles , pop. 173,627).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Oklahoma City, OK (193.1 miles , pop. 506,132).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (305.2 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Lefors, TX (3.4 miles ), Skellytown, TX (3.4 miles ), White Deer, TX (3.8 miles ), Miami, TX (4.6 miles ), Groom, TX (5.0 miles ), Borger, TX (5.1 miles ), Panhandle, TX (5.2 miles ), Mobeetie, TX (5.4 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1998: 1 building, cost: $60,000
- 1999: 1 building, cost: $70,000
- 2001: 1 building, cost: $120,000
- 2002: 2 buildings, average cost: $80,000
- 2004: 1 building, cost: $113,800
- 2005: 3 buildings, average cost: $180,000
- 2006: 3 buildings, average cost: $180,000
- 2007: 3 buildings, average cost: $180,000
- 2008: 2 buildings, average cost: $180,000
- 2009: 3 buildings, average cost: $160,500
- 2010: 3 buildings, average cost: $160,500
- 2011: 3 buildings, average cost: $160,500
- 2012: 2 buildings, average cost: $357,500
- 2013: 3 buildings, average cost: $357,500
- 2014: 3 buildings, average cost: $256,700
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 35.54 N, Longitude: 100.96 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: -1,529 (-8.1%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 5,218 (63.7%)
Area code: 806
|Crime rates in Pampa by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 286.7)||508.4||564.2||680.6||351.7||389.7||565.0||472.9||436.3||388.7||363.0||342.1||340.5||398.7||325.7||348.9|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Pampa detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.46|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -2,007 (-10.1%).
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (24%)
- Construction (14%)
- Manufacturing (13%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Transportation and warehousing (6%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (19%)
- Retail trade (16%)
- Educational services (14%)
- Accommodation and food services (12%)
- Other services, except public administration (8%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (4%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (23%)
- Production occupations (12%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (9%)
- Management occupations (9%)
- Sales and related occupations (8%)
- Material moving occupations (6%)
- Transportation occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (30%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (13%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (13%)
- Sales and related occupations (10%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (5%)
- Personal care and service occupations (5%)
- Health technologists and technicians (4%)
Average climate in Pampa, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Pampa-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Texas state average. It is 89% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/8/1995, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 0.9 miles away from the Pampa city center injured 7 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 4/17/1970, a category F4 tornado 6.2 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 13 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Pampa-area historical earthquake activity is significantly above Texas state average. It is 34% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 174.2 miles away from the city center
On 2/15/1974 at 13:33:49, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 67.9 miles away from Pampa center
On 8/10/2005 at 22:08:22, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 232.6 miles away from the city center
On 1/2/1992 at 11:45:35, a magnitude 5.0 (4.6 MB, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 253.5 miles away from the city center
On 12/16/2000 at 22:08:54, a magnitude 3.9 (3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 48.1 miles away from Pampa center
On 8/17/2000 at 01:08:05, a magnitude 3.9 (3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 49.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Gray County (9) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 5
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Fires: 3, Hurricanes: 3, Tornadoes: 2, Flood: 1, Storm: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: John Jenkins (American football) - Football player and coach, Les Brownlee - Recipient of the Purple Heart medal, Mary Castle - Actress, Warren Chisum - Politician, Zach Thomas - 2005 NFL player (Miami Dolphins, born: Sep 1, 1973), Duane Lee Chapman, II - Television personality, Dave Melton - Baseball player, Gary Webb (golfer) - Professional golfer.
Hospitals and medical centers in Pampa:
- HOSPICE OF THE PANHANDLE (800 NORTH SUMNER PO BOX 2795)
- PAMPA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (Proprietary, 1 MEDICAL PLAZA)
- CORONADO HEALTHCARE CENTER (1504 W KENTUCKY)
- PAMPA NURSING CENTER (1321 W KENTUCKY)
- FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE PAMPA (2545 PERRYTON PKY STE E1)
- SHEPARDS CROOK NURSING AGENCY INC (916 CREST ROAD SUITE 101)
airports located in Pampa:
- Perry Lefors Field Airport (PPA) (Runways: 2, Itinerant Ops: 5,500, Local Ops: 16,500)
- Mesa Vista Ranch Airport (TX13) (Runways: 1)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Pampa:
- Amarillo College (about 56 miles; Amarillo, TX; Full-time enrollment: 6,622)
- West Texas A & M University (about 67 miles; Canyon, TX; FT enrollment: 6,820)
- Wayland Baptist University (about 104 miles; Plainview, TX; FT enrollment: 5,526)
- Western Oklahoma State College (about 111 miles; Altus, OK; FT enrollment: 2,054)
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University (about 128 miles; Weatherford, OK; FT enrollment: 4,126)
- Vernon College (about 134 miles; Vernon, TX; FT enrollment: 2,216)
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (about 145 miles; Lubbock, TX; FT enrollment: 3,269)
Public high schools in Pampa:
Public elementary/middle schools in Pampa:
Private elementary/middle school in Pampa:
Notable locations in Pampa: Gray County Courthouse (A), Pampa Police Department (B), Pampa Fire Department Fire Marshal's Office (C), Pampa Fire Department Station 2 (D), Pampa Fire Department Station 1 (E), White Deer Land Museum (F), Freedom Museum USA (G), Guardian Emergency Medical Service (H), Schneider Hotel (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Pampa include: Seventh Day Adventist Church (A), Presbyterian Update Church (B), United Pentecostal Church (C), Pentecostal Holiness Church (D), Zion Lutheran Church (E), Jehovahs Witnesses Church (F), Church of the Nazarene (G), Open Door Church of God in Christ (H), Westside Church of Christ (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Fairview Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Reservoir: City of Pampa Lake (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Parks in Pampa include: Lions Park (1), Hollywood Park (2), Highland Park (3), Prairie Park (4), Priest Park (5), Recreational Park (6), Mora Park (7), Boys Club Park (8), Lions Club Park (9). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Cottonwood Springs Guest Ranch (1600 North Highway 70).
Hotels: Black Gold Motel (12029 East Frederic Avenue), Best Western Northgate Inn (2831 Perryton Parkway).
(10.4% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 17.5% for Black residents, 21.7% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 5.4% for American Indian residents, 14.9% for other race residents, 17.0% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
People in group quarters in Pampa in 2010:
- 123 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 74 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 4 people in group homes for juveniles (non-correctional)
- 4 people in group homes intended for adults
People in group quarters in Pampa in 2000:
- 159 people in nursing homes
- 41 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 11 people in residential treatment centers for emotionally disturbed children
Banks with branches in Pampa (2011 data):
- Happy State Bank: 221 North Gray Branch at 221 North Gray, branch established on 1928/01/01; 2500 Perryton Parkway Branch at 2500 Perryton Pkwy, branch established on 1985/06/30. Info updated 2011/07/12: Bank assets: $1,840.0 mil, Deposits: $1,625.4 mil, headquarters in Happy, TX, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 29 total offices, Holding Company: Happy Bancshares, Inc.
- Bank of America, National Association: Pampa Branch at 100 North Cuyler Street, branch established on 1906/01/01; Pampa Motor Branch at 301 N. Cuyler, branch established on 1999/07/01. Info updated 2009/11/18: Bank assets: $1,451,969.3 mil, Deposits: $1,077,176.8 mil, headquarters in Charlotte, NC, positive income, 5782 total offices, Holding Company: Bank Of America Corporation
- First National Bank: National Bank Of Commerce/Branch at 1224 North Hobart, branch established on 1983/07/01. Info updated 2008/01/22: Bank assets: $750.4 mil, Deposits: $668.6 mil, headquarters in Waupaca, WI, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 11 total offices, Holding Company: Waupaca Bancorporation, Inc.
- FirstBank Southwest: Pampa Branch at 300 West Kingsmill Street, branch established on 1940/05/27. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $825.3 mil, Deposits: $749.6 mil, headquarters in Amarillo, TX, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 9 total offices, Holding Company: Firstperryton Bancorp, Inc.
- First National Bank Texas: Pampa Banking Center - Rc 883 at 2599 N Charles St, branch established on 2004/10/27. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $944.3 mil, Deposits: $815.9 mil, headquarters in Killeen, TX, positive income, Mortgage Lending Specialization, 250 total offices, Holding Company: First Community Bancshares, Inc.
- First State Bank of Miami, Texas: Kingsmill Avenue Branch at 120 Kingsmill Avenue, branch established on 1998/02/09. Info updated 2008/04/17: Bank assets: $50.1 mil, Deposits: $46.9 mil, headquarters in Miami, TX, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: Miami Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Pampa city (based on Gray County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Gray County:||1.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|Gray County:||0.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Gray County:||5.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.27 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Pampa, TX Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||15||$48,518||$38,814||0||$0|
|Judicial and Legal||4||$8,581||$25,743||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||20||$82,840||$49,704||0||$0|
|Police - Other||13||$32,620||$30,111||9||$793|
|Streets and Highways||20||$60,037||$36,022||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||15||$36,530||$29,224||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||5||$15,301||$36,722||14||$4,327|
|Other and Unallocable||4||$9,558||$28,674||1||$1,935|
|Totals for Government||169||$561,333||$39,858||30||$9,447|
Pampa government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Sewerage: $28,000 ($1.52)
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $2,363,000 ($128.43)
Police Protection: $1,632,000 ($88.70)
Solid Waste Management: $1,572,000 ($85.44)
Fire Protection: $1,287,000 ($69.95)
Regular Highways: $1,110,000 ($60.33)
Parks & Recreation: $919,000 ($49.95)
General - Other: $753,000 ($40.93)
Sewerage: $743,000 ($40.38)
Libraries: $361,000 ($19.62)
General Public Buildings: $235,000 ($12.77)
Central Staff Services: $231,000 ($12.56)
Financial Administration: $208,000 ($11.30)
Judicial and Legal Services: $82,000 ($4.46)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $56,000 ($3.04)
Health Services - Other: $45,000 ($2.45)
- General - Interest on Debt: $275,000 ($14.95)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - General: $60,000 ($3.26)
- Other Capital Outlay - General - Other: $126,000 ($6.85)
Parks & Recreation: $37,000 ($2.01)
Police Protection: $36,000 ($1.96)
Fire Protection: $28,000 ($1.52)
Sewerage: $12,000 ($0.65)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $5,042,000 ($274.04)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $339,000 ($18.42)
Pampa government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $2,505,000 ($136.15)
Sewerage: $1,171,000 ($63.64)
Parks & Recreation: $346,000 ($18.81)
All Other: $18,000 ($0.98)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $43,000 ($2.34)
Highways: $11,000 ($0.60)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $207,000 ($11.25)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $315,000 ($17.12)
Interest Earnings: $112,000 ($6.09)
Rents: $17,000 ($0.92)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $3,101,000 ($168.54)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $51,000 ($2.77)
Highways: $19,000 ($1.03)
- Tax - Property: $2,464,000 ($133.92)
Total General Sales: $2,139,000 ($116.26)
Public Utilities: $1,135,000 ($61.69)
Other Selective Sales: $108,000 ($5.87)
NEC: $33,000 ($1.79)
Alcoholic Beverage Sales: $2,000 ($0.11)
Pampa government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $5,650,000 ($307.08)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $7,340,000 ($398.93)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $6,565,000 ($356.81)
Full Faith & Credit - Water Utilities: $5,345,000 ($290.50)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $775,000 ($42.12)
Water Utilities: $305,000 ($16.58)
Pampa government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Bond Fund - Cash & Deposits: $636,000 ($34.57)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $1,440,000 ($78.27)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $531,000 ($28.86)
7.48% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($35,806 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Randall County, TX||0.72% ($32,510 average AGI)|
|from Potter County, TX||0.57% ($27,225)|
|from Hutchinson County, TX||0.35% ($40,640)|
6.56% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($41,083 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Pampa:
- KGRO (1230 AM; 1 kW; PAMPA, TX; Owner: PAMPA BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KGNC (710 AM; 10 kW; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KGYN (1210 AM; 50 kW; GUYMON, OK; Owner: TELNS BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KICA (980 AM; 50 kW; CLOVIS, NM; Owner: BROADCAST ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION)
- KTNZ (1010 AM; 5 kW; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: AMIGO RADIO, LTD.)
- KIXZ (940 AM; 5 kW; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KMUL (1380 AM; 50 kW; MULESHOE, TX; Owner: BROADCAST ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION)
- KPUR (1440 AM; 5 kW; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KQTY (1490 AM; 1 kW; BORGER, TX; Owner: ZIA BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KRMG (740 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KOMA (1520 AM; 50 kW; OKLAHOMA CITY, OK; Owner: RENDA BROADCASTING CORP. OF NEVADA)
- KINF (1020 AM; 50 kW; ROSWELL, NM; Owner: JAMES CRYSTAL HOLDINGS OF NEW MEXICO, INC.)
- KKOB (770 AM; 50 kW; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Pampa:
- KOMX (100.3 FM; PAMPA, TX; Owner: PAMPA BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- K215BU (90.9 FM; PAMPA, TX; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- KAXH (90.9 FM; PAMPA, TX; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- K220CP (91.9 FM; PAMPA, TX; Owner: TOP O' TEXAS ED B/CASTING FOUNDATION)
- KTOT (89.5 FM; SPEARMAN, TX; Owner: KANZA SOCIETY, INC.)
- KQFX (104.3 FM; BORGER, TX; Owner: AMIGO RADIO, LTD.)
- KZRK-FM (107.9 FM; CANYON, TX; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KAVO (91.5 FM; BORGER, TX; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
TV broadcast stations around Pampa:
- KACV-TV (Channel 2; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: AMARILLO JUNIOR COLLEGE DISTRICT)
- KVII-TV (Channel 7; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: NVG-AMARILLO, LLC)
- KCIT (Channel 14; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: MISSION BROADCASTING OF AMARILLO LICENSE, INC.)
- KFDA-TV (Channel 10; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: PANHANDLE TELECASTING CO.)
- KAMR-TV (Channel 4; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: QUORUM OF AMARILLO LICENSE, LLC)
Fatal accident count (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 12Number of bridges
- 26m85ftTotal length
- $17,000Total costs
- 63,634Total average daily traffic
- 5,838Total average daily truck traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 158 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Pampa, TX)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 36 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 70 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 4 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 5 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 70 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Pampa)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 66 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Pampa)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Pampa and their reported violations in the past:W B PUMP & SUPPLY (Population served: 100, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- Monitoring, Repeat Major (TCR) - In OCT-2013, Contaminant: Coliform (TCR). Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (DEC-01-2013), St Public Notif requested (DEC-11-2013), St Violation/Reminder Notice (DEC-11-2013)
- 3 routine major monitoring violations
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 193
- Hazardous Condition: 189
- Service Call: 3
Incident types - Pampa
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Pampa, Texas:
- Americinn Lodge & Suites, 1101 N Hobart, Pampa, Texas 79065 , Phone: (806) 665-4404, Fax: (806) 665-4788
- Holiday Inn Express, 3119 Perryton Pkwy, Pampa, Texas 79065 , Phone: (806) 665-9500, Fax: (806) 665-9501
- Hampton Inn-Pampa, 2820 Perryton Pkwy, Pampa, Texas 79065 , Phone: (806) 669-1555, Fax: (806) 669-1595
- Best Western Northgate Inn, 2831 Perryton Pkwy, Pampa, Texas 79065 , Phone: (806) 665-0926, Fax: (210) 340-9580
|Most common first names in Pampa, TX among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Pampa, TX among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (68%)
- Electricity (31%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
|Businesses in Pampa, TX|
|AT&T||1||Long John Silver's||1|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||McDonald's||1|
Pampa compared to Texas state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age significantly above state average.
Pampa on our top lists:
- #59 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in industries: Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (population 5,000+)"
- #77 on the list of "Top 100 cities with lowest ratio of median house value to median household income (pop. 5,000+)"
- #81 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in industries: Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (population 5,000+)"
- #44 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for Romney (Republican) in the 2012 Presidential Election"
Total of 16 patent applications in 2008-2017.