|Median resident age:||36.7 years|
|Montana median age:||38.3 years|
Zip codes: 59063.
Park City CDP income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $149,759 (it was $83,800 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $931.
- White alone - 946 (96.2%)
- Hispanic - 15 (1.5%)
- American Indian alone - 10 (1.0%)
- Two or more races - 10 (1.0%)
- Black alone - 1 (0.1%)
- Asian alone - 1 (0.1%)
Latest news from Park City, MT collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (36.1%), Irish (17.5%), Norwegian (7.7%), English (6.5%), United States (4.2%), Dutch (2.6%).
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Elevation: 3393 feet
Land area: 1.04 square miles.
Population density: 948 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Park City:
- High school or higher: 89.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.7%
- Unemployed: 4.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 26.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Park City CDP:
- Never married: 19.6%
- Now married: 55.4%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 4.2%
- Divorced: 19.8%
10 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $1,168 (0.7%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $950 (1.1%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Billings, MT (21.3 miles , pop. 89,847).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: West Adams, CO (445.0 miles , pop. 259,628).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (853.6 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: Silesia, MT (2.5 miles) , Laurel, MT (2.8 miles ), Joliet, MT (3.2 miles ), Edgar, MT (3.4 miles) , Boyd, MT (3.7 miles) , Columbus, MT (4.0 miles ), Fromberg, MT (4.1 miles ), Billings, MT (4.6 miles ).
Latitude: 45.63 N, Longitude: 108.92 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 406
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (27%)
- Construction (21%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (12%)
- Retail trade (7%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (4%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Health care and social assistance (31%)
- Educational services (15%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (11%)
- Manufacturing (8%)
- Transportation and warehousing (8%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (8%)
- Rail and water transportation workers (7%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (6%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (5%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (5%)
- Farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Cashiers (9%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (7%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (7%)
- Health technologists and technicians (6%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (5%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (4%)
Average climate in Park City, Montana
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Park City-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Montana state average. It is 20% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 112.3 miles away from the city center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW) earthquake occurred 262.4 miles away from Park City center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 6/30/1975 at 18:54:13, a magnitude 6.1 (5.6 MB, 5.9 MS, 6.1 UK, 6.1 ML, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 110.7 miles away from the city center
On 7/26/2005 at 04:08:37, a magnitude 5.7 (5.7 MB, 5.2 MS, 5.6 MW, Depth: 8.0 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 177.9 miles away from the city center
On 2/3/1994 at 09:05:04, a magnitude 5.8 (5.4 MB, 5.5 MS, 5.8 MW, 5.8 ML, Depth: 4.9 mi) earthquake occurred 221.9 miles away from Park City center
On 3/28/1975 at 02:31:05, a magnitude 6.2 (6.1 MB, 6.0 MS, 6.2 ML) earthquake occurred 306.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Stillwater County (7) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 3
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Fires: 4, Floods: 2, Storms: 2, Hurricane: 1, Snow: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Park City:
- Montana State University-Billings (about 23 miles; Billings, MT; Full-time enrollment: 4,319)
- Montana State University (about 104 miles; Bozeman, MT; FT enrollment: 12,942)
- Sheridan College (about 114 miles; Sheridan, WY; FT enrollment: 2,070)
- Brigham Young University-Idaho (about 189 miles; Rexburg, ID; FT enrollment: 30,522)
- Casper College (about 233 miles; Casper, WY; FT enrollment: 2,770)
- The University of Montana (about 257 miles; Missoula, MT; FT enrollment: 13,602)
- Idaho State University (about 259 miles; Pocatello, ID; FT enrollment: 10,350)
Public high school in Park City:
- Park City High School (Students: 96; Location: 10 2nd Avenue SW; Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Park City:
Notable locations in Park City: Park City (A), Park City Rural Fire District - Park City Volunteer Fire Department (B), Park City Ambulance (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Park City include: Park City Baptist Church (A), Saint Paul Lutheran Church (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotel: Cj's Motel (2 South Clark Street).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 15.4. This is significantly better than average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2010 was 0.261. This is about average. Closest monitor was 19.2 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2009 was 0.825. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 7.6 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2006 was 18.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 19.2 miles away from the city center.
(6.6% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 0.0% for Black residents, 0.0% for American Indian residents, 0.0% for two or more races residents)
|This place:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 1.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Park City compared to Montana state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (88%)
- Wood (7%)
- Electricity (4%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Park City CDP (based on Stillwater County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 29.24%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Southern Baptist Convention||LDS (Mormon) Church||United Church of Christ|
|Name||Lutheran Church||Assemblies of God||International Church of the Foursquare Gospel||United Methodist Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Stillwater County:||3.48 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montana:||2.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Stillwater County:||9.27 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||10.43 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||10.38 / 10,000 pop.|
7.91% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($43,834 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
7.36% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($39,673 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Park City:
- KGHL (790 AM; 5 kW; BILLINGS, MT; Owner: NEW NORTHWEST BROADCASTERS, LLC)
- KURL (730 AM; 5 kW; BILLINGS, MT; Owner: ELENBAAS MEDIA, INC.)
- KBUL (970 AM; 5 kW; BILLINGS, MT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KBSR (1490 AM; 1 kW; LAUREL, MT; Owner: SUN MOUNTAIN, INC.)
- KBLG (910 AM; 1 kW; BILLINGS, MT; Owner: FISHER RADIO REGIONAL GROUP, INC.)
- KMZK (1240 AM; 1 kW; BILLINGS, MT; Owner: ELENBAAS MEDIA, INC.)
- KGVW (640 AM; 10 kW; BELGRADE, MT; Owner: GALLATIN VALLEY WITNESS, INC.)
- KZMQ (1140 AM; daytime; 10 kW; GREYBULL, WY; Owner: LEGEND COMMUNICATIONS OF WYOMING LLC)
- KPOW (1260 AM; 5 kW; POWELL, WY; Owner: CHAPARRAL BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KTWO (1030 AM; 50 kW; CASPER, WY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KERR (750 AM; 50 kW; POLSON, MT; Owner: ANDERSON RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KUYO (830 AM; daytime; 25 kW; EVANSVILLE, WY; Owner: WYOMING CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KALL (700 AM; 50 kW; NORTH SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Park City:
- KMXE (99.3 FM; RED LODGE, MT; Owner: SILVER ROCK COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- KRKX (94.1 FM; BILLINGS, MT; Owner: FISHER RADIO REGIONAL GROUP, INC.)
- KEMC (91.7 FM; BILLINGS, MT; Owner: MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY-BILLINGS)
- KZRV (107.5 FM; BILLINGS, MT; Owner: NEW NORTHWEST BROADCASTERS, LLC)
- KYYA-FM (93.3 FM; BILLINGS, MT; Owner: FISHER RADIO REGIONAL GROUP, INC.)
- KRZN (96.3 FM; BILLINGS, MT; Owner: FISHER RADIO REGIONAL GROUP, INC.)
- KLMT (89.3 FM; BILLINGS, MT; Owner: WESTERN INSPIRATIONAL BROADCASTERS INC)
- KCTR-FM (102.9 FM; BILLINGS, MT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KBBB (103.7 FM; BILLINGS, MT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KRSQ (101.9 FM; LAUREL, MT; Owner: NEW NORTHWEST BROADCASTERS, LLC)
- K205CL (88.9 FM; SHEPHERD, MT; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- KKBR (97.1 FM; BILLINGS, MT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KGHL-FM (98.5 FM; BILLINGS, MT; Owner: NEW NORTHWEST BROADCASTERS, LLC)
- K296EM (107.1 FM; BILLINGS, MT; Owner: WESTERN INSPIRATIONAL BROADCASTERS, INC)
- KNDZ (105.1 FM; BILLINGS, MT; Owner: NEW NORTHWEST BROADCASTERS, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Park City:
- KULR-TV (Channel 8; BILLINGS, MT; Owner: KULR CORPORATION)
- KTVQ (Channel 2; BILLINGS, MT; Owner: KTVQ COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Park City fatal accident list:
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 2
|Most common first names in Park City, MT among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Park City, MT among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
State forum archive: