We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||45.1 years|
|Maine median age:||43.0 years|
Zip codes: 04475.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $22,126 (it was $15,812 in 2000)
Passadumkeag town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $113,926 (it was $66,300 in 2000)
Races in Passadumkeag, ME (2010)
- 35695.2%White alone
- 112.9%Two or more races
- 30.8%American Indian alone
- 10.3%Asian alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- Another look at gender equality in the U.S. Oct 27
- Online travel agencies generate most of their revenue in the United States Oct 25
- In Which States are Businesses Most Dependent on International Demand? Oct 22
- The most comfortable places to live in the U.S. Oct 21
- The fast food industry is an enduring American value Oct 19
|Maine weather thread (905 replies)|
|"Passadumkeag Wind park' Tax Increment Financing (7 replies)|
|Penobscot Pike Watch (8 replies)|
|Alewives (17 replies)|
|last "major" ice storm? (43 replies)|
|Local Pirate Radio?? (13 replies)|
Latest news from Passadumkeag, ME collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (20.2%), French Canadian (12.2%), United States (10.2%), French (9.5%), Irish (9.1%), Scottish (6.3%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 01/31/1835
Elevation: 143 feet
Land area: 22.9 square miles.
Population density: 16 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Passadumkeag:
- High school or higher: 76.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.1%
- Unemployed: 5.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 37.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Passadumkeag town:
- Never married: 13.9%
- Now married: 70.7%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 6.8%
- Divorced: 7.4%
13 residents are foreign born (2.5% North America, 0.5% Asia).
According to our research of Maine and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Passadumkeag, Maine as of October 28, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Passadumkeag to the number of sex offenders is 431 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Passadumkeag town:||0.7% ($479)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (133.3 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (233.6 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (400.9 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Edinburg, ME (1.8 miles) , Howland, ME (2.2 miles ), Enfield, ME (2.4 miles ), Lowell, ME (2.6 miles ), Greenbush, ME (2.8 miles ), Maxfield, ME (3.1 miles) , Lagrange, ME (3.2 miles ), Alton, ME (3.6 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2002: 4 buildings, average cost: $87,500
- 2005: 1 building, cost: $87,000
- 2006: 2 buildings, average cost: $80,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 45.19 N, Longitude: 68.61 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 207
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (27%)
- Paper (17%)
- Wood products (14%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (9%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (4%)
- Truck transportation (3%)
- Other transportation, and support activities, and couriers (3%)
- Health care (30%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (16%)
- Educational services (12%)
- Food and beverage stores (6%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (4%)
- Finance and insurance (4%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (11%)
- Construction laborers (9%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (6%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (6%)
- Plant and system operators (6%)
- Supervisors of construction and extraction workers (5%)
- Carpenters (5%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (10%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (9%)
- Cashiers (9%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (7%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (7%)
- Other healthcare support occupations (6%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (6%)
Average climate in Passadumkeag, Maine
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Passadumkeag-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Maine state average. It is 93% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/3/2006 at 00:07:38, a magnitude 4.3 (3.8 MB, 3.8 MW, 4.3 LG, Depth: 4.0 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 62.5 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 255.1 miles away from Passadumkeag center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 294.9 miles away from the city center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 188.3 miles away from the city center
On 9/16/1994 at 04:22:42, a magnitude 3.6 (3.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 20.6 miles away from Passadumkeag center
On 9/16/1994 at 07:01:54, a magnitude 3.6 (3.5 LG, 3.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 21.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Penobscot County (17) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 10
Emergencies Declared: 7
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 8, Storms: 7, Snows: 5, Heavy Rains: 2, Blizzard: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snowfall: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
airports located in Passadumkeag:
- Buzzport Airport (92ME) (Runways: 1)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Passadumkeag:
- University of Maine (about 21 miles; Orono, ME; Full-time enrollment: 8,931)
- Husson University (about 27 miles; Bangor, ME; FT enrollment: 2,421)
- University of Maine at Augusta (about 83 miles; Augusta, ME; FT enrollment: 3,204)
- University of Maine at Farmington (about 84 miles; Farmington, ME; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (about 132 miles; Standish, ME; FT enrollment: 2,010)
- Southern Maine Community College (about 134 miles; South Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 4,666)
- University of Southern Maine (about 134 miles; Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 6,647)
Notable location: Passadumkeag Volunteer Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Church in Passadumkeag: Passadumkeag Baptist Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemetery: Sunny Slope Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Swamps: Thousand Acre Bog (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Ayers Brook (A), Onemile Brook (B), Cold Stream (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 45.4. This is significantly better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 25.4. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 4.8 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2002 was 9.17. This is about average. Closest monitor was 17.5 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.6% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Passadumkeag town (based on Penobscot County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Penobscot County:||2.29 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Penobscot County:||2.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Penobscot County:||5.72 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.02 / 10,000 pop.|
4.81% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,478 average adjusted gross income)
0.04% of residents moved from foreign countries ($304 average AGI)
Penobscot County: 0.04% Maine average: 0.04%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Hancock County, ME||0.44% ($29,886 average AGI)|
|from Cumberland County, ME||0.34% ($36,835)|
|from Aroostook County, ME||0.32% ($29,433)|
5.52% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($36,804 average adjusted gross income)
0.03% of residents moved to foreign countries ($387 average AGI)
Penobscot County: 0.03% Maine average: 0.05%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Passadumkeag:
- WZON (620 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: THE ZONE CORPORATION)
- WABI (910 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WSKW (1160 AM; 10 kW; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN WIRELESS, INCORPORATED)
- WDEA (1370 AM; 5 kW; ELLSWORTH, ME; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WNZS (1340 AM; 1 kW; VEAZIE, ME; Owner: WATERFRONT COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WTME (780 AM; 10 kW; RUMFORD, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WREM (710 AM; daytime; 5 kW; MONTICELLO, ME; Owner: ALLAN H WEINER)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Passadumkeag:
- WVOM (103.9 FM; HOWLAND, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WHCF (88.5 FM; BANGOR, ME; Owner: BANGOR BAPTIST CHURCH)
- WBZN (107.3 FM; OLD TOWN, ME; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WHMX (105.7 FM; LINCOLN, ME; Owner: BANGOR BAPTIST CHURCH)
- WQCB (106.5 FM; BREWER, ME; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WMEH (90.9 FM; BANGOR, ME; Owner: MAINE PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WWBX (97.1 FM; BANGOR, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WEZQ (92.9 FM; BANGOR, ME; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WWMJ (95.7 FM; ELLSWORTH, ME; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WKIT-FM (100.3 FM; BREWER, ME; Owner: THE ZONE CORPORATION)
- WBFB (104.7 FM; BELFAST, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WGUY (102.1 FM; DEXTER, ME; Owner: CONCORD MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
Passadumkeag fatal accident list:
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 3Number of bridges
- 10m33ftTotal length
- $418,000Total costs
- 3,366Total average daily traffic
- 295Total average daily truck traffic
- 5,049Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:5
- Call Sign: N1JNP, Licensee ID: L00347969, Grant Date: 05/23/2011, Expiration Date: 07/09/2021, Certifier: Tadeusz Kajkowski, Registrant: Tadeusz Kajkowski, 268 Main Rd, Passadumkeag, ME 04475-3109
- Call Sign: N1JNR, Licensee ID: L00345873, Grant Date: 04/27/2011, Expiration Date: 07/09/2021, Registrant: Sylvia M Cockburn, Passadumkeag, ME 04475
- Call Sign: N1NPL, Licensee ID: L00547205, Grant Date: 09/20/2012, Expiration Date: 10/13/2022, Registrant: Erik D Cockburn, Passadumkeag, ME 04475
- Call Sign: N2DKJ, Licensee ID: L01373333, Grant Date: 02/27/2008, Expiration Date: 02/27/2018, Registrant: Clinton Gaskill Jr, Fire Lane 5, Passadumkeag, ME 04475
- Call Sign: WA1JGO, Licensee ID: L00320867, Grant Date: 02/16/2011, Expiration Date: 04/02/2021, Registrant: Edward H Cockburn, Passadumkeag, ME 04475-0106
FAA Registered Aircraft:3
- Aircraft: CESSNA 172M (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 108 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (4 Cycle)
N-Number: 20182 , Serial Number: 17261075, Year manufactured: 1972, Airworthiness Date: 10/16/1972
Registrant (Co-Owned): Marcel A Rancourt, 541 Main Rd, Passadumkeag, ME 04475, Other Owners: Frederick M Woodman
- Aircraft: CESSNA 150H (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 90 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR 0-200 SERIES (100 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 50177 , Serial Number: 15069110, Year manufactured: 1968, Airworthiness Date: 06/13/1968
Registrant (Individual): Lee B Dudley, Po Box 7, Passadumkeag, ME 04475
- Aircraft: CESSNA 182Q (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 112 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR O-470 SERIES (230 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 735QL , Serial Number: 18265600, Year manufactured: 1977, Airworthiness Date: 04/19/1977
Registrant (Individual): Pending Registration, Po Box 7, Passadumkeag, ME 04475
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 2
- Hazardous Condition: 1
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (78%)
- Wood (17%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
- Electricity (1%)
- Other fuel (1%)
Passadumkeag compared to Maine state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.