Pembroke: Pembroke Ice Out 2004
Pembroke: Pembroke Maine
Pembroke: Reverse Falls
Pembroke: Pond cat nine tails on Leighton Point Road, Pembroke, Maine
Pembroke: Pond cat nine tails on Leighton Point Road, Pembroke, Maine
Pembroke: Pond with snow on Leighton Point Road, Pembroke, Maine
Pembroke: Pembroke Maine
Pembroke: Fungi at Reversing Falls
Pembroke: An evening view at Pembroke
Pembroke: Snow removal!
Pembroke: A rainbow above our house
Submit your own pictures of this town and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||48.5 years|
|Maine median age:||43.0 years|
Zip codes: 04666.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $19,818 (it was $12,382 in 2000)
Pembroke town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $107,045 (it was $63,900 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $148,176; Detached houses: $165,160; Townhouses or other attached units: $116,928; In 2-unit structures: $179,771; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $237,952; Mobile homes: $61,717; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $45,219
Races in Pembroke, ME (2010)
- 79294.3%White alone
- 253.0%Two or more races
- 111.3%American Indian alone
- 30.4%Asian alone
- 10.1%Black alone
|Pembroke, ME (24 replies)|
|Maine weather thread (1480 replies)|
|Possibly relocating to Maine from Texas, Buying Land, etc... (70 replies)|
|BEST Maine town to grow old in (356 replies)|
|Not making progress on my plan to move to Maine; need tips (47 replies)|
|Moving to Maine, from away... far away (31 replies)|
Latest news from Pembroke, ME collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (34.1%), United States (15.4%), Irish (10.9%), French (9.9%), Scottish (4.9%), Scotch-Irish (4.3%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 02/04/1832
Elevation: 19 feet
Land area: 27.4 square miles.
Population density: 31 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Pembroke:
- High school or higher: 77.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.4%
- Unemployed: 11.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 28.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Pembroke town:
- Never married: 17.1%
- Now married: 61.1%
- Separated: 2.6%
- Widowed: 9.3%
- Divorced: 9.7%
10 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Maine and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Pembroke, Maine as of May 26, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Pembroke to the number of sex offenders is 816 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Pembroke town:||1.1% ($707)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (176.9 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (267.1 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (442.0 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Dennysville, ME (1.8 miles ), Perry, ME (2.1 miles ), Charlotte, ME (2.4 miles ), Eastport, ME (3.0 miles ), Robbinston, ME (3.0 miles ), Meddybemps, ME (3.3 miles) , Lubec, ME (3.3 miles ), Cooper, ME (3.6 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 1 building, cost: $55,600
- 1998: 2 buildings, average cost: $55,600
- 1999: 3 buildings, average cost: $55,600
- 2000: 2 buildings, average cost: $55,600
- 2001: 2 buildings, average cost: $55,600
- 2002: 2 buildings, average cost: $55,600
- 2003: 4 buildings, average cost: $81,300
- 2004: 9 buildings, average cost: $56,100
- 2005: 3 buildings, average cost: $102,700
- 2006: 1 building, cost: $350,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 44.95 N, Longitude: 67.18 W
Area code: 207
Unemployment by year (%)
- Paper (19%)
- Construction (17%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (10%)
- Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers (4%)
- Truck transportation (4%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Health care (20%)
- Public administration (11%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Social assistance (8%)
- Food and beverage stores (5%)
- Apparel (5%)
- Construction (4%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (11%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Food processing workers (7%)
- Carpenters (6%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (6%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (5%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (5%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (12%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (8%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (7%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (5%)
- Child care workers (5%)
- Counselors, social workers, and other community and social service specialists (4%)
Average climate in Pembroke, Maine
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Pembroke-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Maine state average. It is 94% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/3/2006 at 00:07:38, a magnitude 4.3 (3.8 MB, 3.8 MW, 4.3 LG, Depth: 4.0 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 63.4 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 323.0 miles away from Pembroke center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 241.0 miles away from the city center
On 9/25/2005 at 03:08:57, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, 3.4 LG, Depth: 4.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 4.8 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 360.3 miles away from Pembroke center
On 9/16/1994 at 07:01:54, a magnitude 3.6 (3.5 LG, 3.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 55.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Washington County (19) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 13
Emergencies Declared: 6
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 11, Storms: 10, Snows: 5, Winds: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Landslide: 1, Snowfall: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Styles Bridges - Politician.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Pembroke:
- University of Maine (about 74 miles; Orono, ME; Full-time enrollment: 8,931)
- Husson University (about 80 miles; Bangor, ME; FT enrollment: 2,421)
- University of Maine at Augusta (about 136 miles; Augusta, ME; FT enrollment: 3,204)
- University of Maine at Farmington (about 148 miles; Farmington, ME; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- Southern Maine Community College (about 176 miles; South Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 4,666)
- University of Southern Maine (about 178 miles; Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 6,647)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (about 181 miles; Standish, ME; FT enrollment: 2,010)
Public elementary/middle school in Pembroke:
- PEMBROKE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Location: 36 US ROUTE 1, Grades: PK-8)
Notable location: Pembroke Volunteer Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemetery: Hillside Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Boyden Lake (A), Pennamaquan Lake (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Willow Brook (A), Meadow Brook (B), Pennamaquan River (C), Crow Brook (D), Chandler Brook (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Pembroke: Reversing Falls Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 42.3. This is significantly better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 28.6. This is about average. Closest monitor was 5.8 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Pembroke town (based on Washington County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Washington County:||4.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washington County:||1.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washington County:||9.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||11.31 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.02 / 10,000 pop.|
4.44% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($46,571 average adjusted gross income)
0.14% of residents moved from foreign countries ($798 average AGI)
Washington County: 0.14% Maine average: 0.04%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Penobscot County, ME||0.56% ($25,985 average AGI)|
|from Hancock County, ME||0.38% ($33,364)|
|from Cumberland County, ME||0.29% ($38,176)|
4.37% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,225 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Pembroke:
- WZON (620 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: THE ZONE CORPORATION)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WABI (910 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WDEA (1370 AM; 5 kW; ELLSWORTH, ME; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WREM (710 AM; daytime; 5 kW; MONTICELLO, ME; Owner: ALLAN H WEINER)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WSKW (1160 AM; 10 kW; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN WIRELESS, INCORPORATED)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Pembroke:
- WMED (89.7 FM; CALAIS, ME; Owner: MAINE PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCRQ (102.9 FM; DENNYSVILLE, ME; Owner: WQDY, INC.)
- WQDY-FM (92.7 FM; CALAIS, ME; Owner: WQDY, INC.)
- WSHD (91.7 FM; EASTPORT, ME; Owner: SHEAD MEMORIAL HIGH SCHOOL)
TV broadcast stations around Pembroke:
- WMED-TV (Channel 13; CALAIS, ME; Owner: MAINE PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORP.)
- W57AQ (Channel 57; CALAIS, ME; Owner: PACIFIC AND SOUTHERN COMPANY, INC.)
- Pembroke, Maine
- Fatal accident count11
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents15
- Fatal accidents involving drunken persons:5
- Persons involved in fatal accidents27
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents1
- Maine average
- Fatal accident count59
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents84
- Fatal accidents involving drunken persons23
- Persons involved in fatal accidents143
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents4
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 6Number of bridges
- 20m66ftTotal length
- 10,966Total average daily traffic
- 625Total average daily truck traffic
- 15,695Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (88%)
- Wood (9%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
- Coal or coke (1%)
Pembroke compared to Maine state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.