Pennington Gap, Virginia
Pennington Gap: Pennington Gap, VA - Old Stone Face
Pennington Gap: Pennington Gap, VA - my ancestors farm land
Pennington Gap: Woodard Hollow Rd. in early spring
Pennington Gap: Stone Mtn. in early spring
Pennington Gap: Old barn, Meadow Fork Rd.
Submit your own pictures of this town and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||55.9 years|
|Virginia median age:||38.2 years|
Zip codes: 24277.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $14,919 (it was $13,742 in 2000)
Pennington Gap town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $83,855 (it was $53,700 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $136,083; Detached houses: $138,744; Mobile homes: $35,709
Median gross rent in 2016: $492.
Races in Pennington Gap, VA (2010)
- 1,68694.7%White alone
- 412.3%Black alone
- 171.0%Two or more races
- 40.2%American Indian alone
- 40.2%Other race alone
- 10.06%Asian alone
|Best Cities /town to move to in Southern Virginia (11 replies)|
|Lee County/Cumberland Gap Area (5 replies)|
|Info about SW Virginia/Wytheville area (29 replies)|
|Get acquainted with a small-town -- SW VA for a short-term lease (33 replies)|
|Appalachia County Questions (22 replies)|
Latest news from Pennington Gap, VA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (41.9%), Irish (11.6%), English (5.4%), German (5.0%), Scotch-Irish (3.8%), Scottish (2.2%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 1891/92
Elevation: 1377 feet
Land area: 1.52 square miles.
Population density: 1,202 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Pennington Gap:
- High school or higher: 60.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.7%
- Unemployed: 6.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 23.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Pennington Gap town:
- Never married: 16.3%
- Now married: 36.2%
- Separated: 5.3%
- Widowed: 20.9%
- Divorced: 21.3%
18 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Virginia and other state lists there were 10 registered sex offenders living in Pennington Gap, Virginia as of May 20, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Pennington Gap to the number of sex offenders is 198 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $526 (0.6%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $628 (0.9%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Johnson City, TN (46.7 miles , pop. 55,469).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Fayette, KY (119.3 miles , pop. 260,512).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (430.7 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: St. Charles, VA (1.9 miles) , Dryden, VA (2.2 miles ), Jonesville, VA (2.6 miles ), Upper Clover, KY (3.1 miles ), Keokee, VA (3.1 miles ), Kenvir, KY (3.1 miles ), Cawood, KY (3.3 miles ), Evarts, KY (3.4 miles ).
Latitude: 36.76 N, Longitude: 83.03 W
Area code: 276
|Crime rates in Pennington Gap by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 276.3)||97.0||6.5||14.0||125.5||115.9||21.5||0.0||200.9||203.9||227.4||119.8||109.3|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Pennington Gap detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||4.46|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (19%)
- Transportation and warehousing (13%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Other services, except public administration (12%)
- Construction (11%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (9%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (50%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (15%)
- Other services, except public administration (11%)
- Retail trade (5%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Educational services (3%)
- Utilities (2%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (19%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (17%)
- Transportation occupations (16%)
- Sales and related occupations (12%)
- Management occupations (9%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (8%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (22%)
- Personal care and service occupations (17%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (13%)
- Health technologists and technicians (11%)
- Community and social service occupations (8%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (8%)
- Sales and related occupations (7%)
Average climate in Pennington Gap, Virginia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Pennington Gap-area historical tornado activity is significantly below Virginia state average. It is 68% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/9/1988, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 36.1 miles away from the Pennington Gap town center killed one person and injured 15 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 7/6/1980, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 17.3 miles away from the town center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Pennington Gap-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Virginia state average. It is 79% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 112.0 miles away from the city center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 84.2 miles away from Pennington Gap center
On 9/7/1988 at 02:28:09, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG) earthquake occurred 106.6 miles away from the city center
On 11/23/2006 at 10:42:57, a magnitude 4.3 (4.3 MB, 4.3 LG) earthquake occurred 64.5 miles away from the city center
On 11/2/2006 at 17:53:02, a magnitude 4.3 (4.3 MB, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 68.5 miles away from Pennington Gap center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 290.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Lee County (14) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 10
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 7, Storms: 6, Winter Storms: 4, Hurricanes: 2, Blizzard: 1, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Mudslide: 1, Snowfall: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Tornado: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: William C. Wampler - Congressman for Virginia, Jim Pankovits - Baseball player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Pennington Gap:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Pennington Gap:
- Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College (about 15 miles; Cumberland, KY; Full-time enrollment: 2,196)
- Hazard Community and Technical College (about 34 miles; Hazard, KY; FT enrollment: 2,087)
- Lincoln Memorial University (about 37 miles; Harrogate, TN; FT enrollment: 3,706)
- Northeast State Community College (about 40 miles; Blountville, TN; FT enrollment: 4,480)
- Walters State Community College (about 40 miles; Morristown, TN; FT enrollment: 4,359)
- Tusculum College (about 44 miles; Greeneville, TN; FT enrollment: 2,070)
- East Tennessee State University (about 49 miles; Johnson City, TN; FT enrollment: 12,774)
Public elementary/middle schools in Pennington Gap:
Notable location: Pennington Station (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Shopping Center: River Bend Shopping Center (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Pennington Gap include: Beech Hill Church (A), First Baptist Church (B), First Christian Church (C), First Methodist Church (D), Saint Pious Catholic Church (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creek: Cane Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Hotel: Convenient Inn (131 Industrial Drive).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2004 was 23.7. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2004 was 20.7. This is about average. Closest monitor was 16.6 miles away from the city center.
(38.8% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 13.4% for Black residents, 50.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents)
|This town:||2.1 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.5% of all households
Banks with branches in Pennington Gap (2011 data):
- Powell Valley National Bank: Pennington Gap Branch at 42180 East Morgan Avenue, branch established on 1977/11/21. Info updated 2010/06/02: Bank assets: $240.7 mil, Deposits: $200.3 mil, headquarters in Jonesville, VA, positive income, 5 total offices, Holding Company: Powell Valley Bankshares, Inc.
- Farmers and Miners Bank: Farmers And Miners Bank at 41526 West Morgan Avenue, branch established on 1979/07/02. Info updated 2011/03/25: Bank assets: $129.1 mil, Deposits: $112.5 mil, local headquarters, positive income, 6 total offices
- New Peoples Bank, Inc.: Pennington Gap Branch at 42311 E. Morgan Ave., branch established on 1971/01/01. Info updated 2007/08/21: Bank assets: $781.6 mil, Deposits: $709.1 mil, headquarters in Honaker, VA, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 28 total offices, Holding Company: New Peoples Bankshares, Inc.
- Lee Bank and Trust Company: Lee Bank And Trust Company at 41371 West Morgan Avenue, branch established on 1932/08/22. Info updated 2010/10/04: Bank assets: $177.6 mil, Deposits: $156.3 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 4 total offices
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Pennington Gap town (based on Lee County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Lee County:||2.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|Virginia:||2.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|Lee County:||1.71 / 10,000 pop.|
|Virginia:||1.43 / 10,000 pop.|
|Lee County:||10.68 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||3.85 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.65 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Pennington Gap, VA Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||6||$748|
|Judicial and Legal||0||$0||1||$999|
|Police Protection - Officers||0||$0||7||$14,464|
|Streets and Highways||6||$15,316||$30,632||1||$1,107|
|Solid Waste Management||2||$4,185||$25,110||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||0||$0||1||$952|
|Totals for Government||18||$49,264||$32,843||17||$19,957|
Pennington Gap government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $794,000 ($435.55)
Sewerage: $408,000 ($223.81)
Parks & Recreation: $392,000 ($215.03)
Solid Waste Management: $362,000 ($198.57)
Police Protection: $270,000 ($148.11)
Regular Highways: $100,000 ($54.85)
Financial Administration: $75,000 ($41.14)
Fire Protection: $45,000 ($24.68)
- General - Interest on Debt: $120,000 ($65.83)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $645,000 ($353.81)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $150,000 ($82.28)
Pennington Gap government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $453,000 ($248.49)
Solid Waste Management: $375,000 ($205.70)
All Other: $100,000 ($54.85)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $30,000 ($16.46)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $893,000 ($489.85)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $140,000 ($76.80)
General Support: $94,000 ($51.56)
All Other: $50,000 ($27.43)
- Tax - Property: $272,000 ($149.20)
Other Selective Sales: $120,000 ($65.83)
NEC: $79,000 ($43.34)
Public Utilities: $77,000 ($42.24)
Total General Sales: $36,000 ($19.75)
Motor Vehicle License: $10,000 ($5.49)
Pennington Gap government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $2,502,000 ($1372.46)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $2,007,000 ($1100.93)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $1,838,000 ($1008.23)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $2,311,000 ($1267.69)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $191,000 ($104.77)
Other, NEC: $169,000 ($92.70)
3.52% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($32,094 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Wise County, VA||0.55% ($34,184 average AGI)|
|from Scott County, VA||0.30% ($35,429)|
|from Claiborne County, TN||0.27% ($23,263)|
3.79% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($29,981 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Pennington Gap:
- WSWV (1570 AM; 2 kW; PENNINGTON GAP, VA; Owner: IBS COMMUNICATIONS, L.L.C.)
- WFSR (970 AM; 5 kW; HARLAN, KY; Owner: EASTERN BROADCASTING COMPAY)
- WKVL (850 AM; daytime; 50 kW; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: HORNE RADIO, LLC)
- WGOC (640 AM; 10 kW; BLOUNTVILLE, TN; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WHLN (1410 AM; 5 kW; HARLAN, KY)
- WPWT (870 AM; daytime; 10 kW; COLONIAL HEIGHTS, TN; Owner: INFORMATION COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WHGG (1090 AM; daytime; 10 kW; KINGSPORT, TN; Owner: APPALACHIAN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIO)
- WFGW (1010 AM; 50 kW; BLACK MOUNTAIN, NC; Owner: BLUE RIDGE BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WZAP (690 AM; 10 kW; BRISTOL, VA; Owner: RAM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WDUF (1120 AM; daytime; 1 kW; DUFFIELD, VA; Owner: DUFFIELD BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WTCW (920 AM; 4 kW; WHITESBURG, KY; Owner: T.C.W. BROADCASTING , INC.)
- WNVA (1350 AM; 5 kW; NORTON, VA; Owner: RADIO-WISE, INC.)
- WLFJ (660 AM; daytime; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, SC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Pennington Gap:
- WSWV-FM (105.5 FM; PENNINGTON GAP, VA; Owner: IBS COMMUNICATIONS, L.L.C.)
- WAXM (93.5 FM; BIG STONE GAP, VA; Owner: VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSEH (102.7 FM; CUMBERLAND, KY; Owner: CUMBERLAND CITY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- W223AA (92.5 FM; BIG STONE GAP, VA; Owner: VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTFM (98.5 FM; KINGSPORT, TN; Owner: HOLSTON VALLEY BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WJNV (99.1 FM; JONESVILLE, VA; Owner: REGINA KAY MOORE)
- WTUK (105.1 FM; HARLAN, KY; Owner: EASTERN BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WJDT (106.5 FM; ROGERSVILLE, TN; Owner: C & S BROADCASTING)
- WIFX-FM (94.3 FM; JENKINS, KY; Owner: LETCHER COUNTY BROADCASTING, INC)
- WXKQ-FM (103.9 FM; WHITESBURG, KY; Owner: T.C.W. BROADCASTING , INC.)
- WMMT (88.7 FM; WHITESBURG, KY; Owner: APPALSHOP, INCORPORATED)
- WBGQ (100.7 FM; BULLS GAP, TN; Owner: CHEROKEE BROADCASTING)
- WSGS (101.1 FM; HAZARD, KY; Owner: MOUNTAIN BROADCASTING SERVICE, INC.)
- WRZK (95.9 FM; COLONIAL HEIGHTS, TN; Owner: MURRAY COMMUNICATIONS)
- WDXC (102.3 FM; POUND, VA; Owner: WDXC RADIO, INC.)
- WHCB (91.5 FM; BRISTOL, TN; Owner: APPALACHIAN EDUC. COMMUNICATION CORP)
- WPJO (99.3 FM; ELIZABETHTON, TN; Owner: BRISTOL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WETS-FM (89.5 FM; JOHNSON CITY, TN; Owner: EAST TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WXBQ-FM (96.9 FM; BRISTOL, TN; Owner: BRISTOL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WEKH (90.9 FM; HAZARD, KY; Owner: EASTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY)
TV broadcast stations around Pennington Gap:
- WMEV-LP (Channel 4; PENNINGTON GAP, VA; Owner: HOLSTON VALLEY BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WYMT-TV (Channel 57; HAZARD, KY; Owner: WYMT LICENSEE CORP.)
- W24BT (Channel 24; TALBERT, KY; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WAGV (Channel 44; HARLAN, KY; Owner: LIVING FAITH MINISTRIES, INC.)
- W31BU (Channel 31; TALBERT, KY; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W53BQ (Channel 53; TALBERT, KY; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W69ED (Channel 69; TALBERT, KY; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WKHA (Channel 35; HAZARD, KY; Owner: KENTUCKY AUTHORITY FOR EDUCATIONAL TV)
- WAPM-CA (Channel 9; LYNCH/BENHAM, KY; Owner: HOLSTON VALLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Pennington Gap fatal accident list:
Jan 8, 1986 08:20 AM, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 11Number of bridges
- 55m180ftTotal length
- $461,000Total costs
- 15,924Total average daily traffic
- 846Total average daily truck traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:2
- LARRY W WILLIAMS, Airport Rd. (Lat: 36.746472 Lon: -83.039333), Type: 17.1, Overall height: 17.1 m, Registrant: 5405461691, , KENTUCKY AVE.
- Nr St Rt 641 2 Mi Se (Lat: 36.733889 Lon: -83.042778), Type: 93.2, Overall height: 92.3 m, Registrant: 5405462520, , 203 W MORGAN AVE
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:5
- Hunters Gap Forest Lookout Tower (Lat: 36.628694 Lon: -83.088222), Type: Building, Structure height: 30 m, Call Sign: WRX732
Assigned Frequencies: 159.225 MHzGrant Date: 02/24/2015, Expiration Date: 04/30/2025Registrant: Virginia Information Technologies Agency (Vita), 11751 Meadowville Lane, Chester, VA 23836, Phone: (804) 416-6199, Fax: (804) 416-6353, Email:
- Pennington Gap Arprt Off State Rd 640 (Lat: 36.746472 Lon: -83.039333), Call Sign: KNCP998
Assigned Frequencies: 155.295 MHzGrant Date: 02/16/2012, Expiration Date: 01/29/2022Registrant: Business Radio Licensing, 30251 Golden Lantern Ste E #501, Laguna Niguel, CA 92677-5993, Phone: (949) 348-8510, Fax: (949) 348-8514, Email:
- Lat: 36.748917 Lon: -83.050667, Call Sign: WQOX281
Assigned Frequencies: 72.1000 MHzGrant Date: 02/22/2012, Expiration Date: 02/22/2022, Certifier: Eddie ThomasRegistrant: Primex Wireless, Inc., 965 Wells Street, Lake Geneva, WI 53147, Phone: (800) 537-0464
- 1800 Combs Road (Lat: 36.748889 Lon: -83.050556), Type: Building, Structure height: 15.9 m, Overall height: 21 m, Call Sign: WQOX627
Assigned Frequencies: 155.205 MHz, 155.280 MHz, 155.340 MHz, 155.400 MHz, 155.752 MHz, 151.137 MHz, 154.452 MHz, 158.737 MHz, 159.472 MHzGrant Date: 02/27/2012, Expiration Date: 02/27/2022, Certifier: David R WarnerRegistrant: Apco International Inc Licensing Sevice 121310 Jl, 351 N Williamson Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114, Phone: (386) 944-2463, Fax: (386) 322-2502, Email:
- WOODWAY OFFICE, 133 Ben Lawson Drive (Lat: 36.731528 Lon: -82.991417), Type: Bant, Structure height: 6.1 m, Overall height: 12 m, Call Sign: WQVC990
Assigned Frequencies: 153.672 MHzGrant Date: 01/06/2015, Expiration Date: 01/06/2025, Certifier: Steve GarrettRegistrant: Virginia Information Technologies Agency, 11751 Meadowville Lane, Chester, VA 23836, Phone: (804) 416-6199, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:3
- 203 W Morgan Ave (Lat: 36.758139 Lon: -83.027667), Overall height: 10.7 m, Call Sign: WPNK688, Licensee ID: L01192947
Assigned Frequencies: 947.500 MHzGrant Date: 01/14/1987, Expiration Date: 10/01/2019Registrant: B C Broadcasting Company, Inc., 203 West Morgan Avenue, Pennington Gap, VA 24277
- Various Locations (Lat: 36.758694 Lon: -83.031556), Overall height: 6.1 m, Call Sign: WPNL681
Assigned Frequencies: 956.343 MHzGrant Date: 02/26/2013, Expiration Date: 03/20/2023Registrant: Keller And Heckman LLP, 1001 G Street, Nw, Suite 500 West, Washington, DC 20001, Phone: (202) 434-4100, Fax: (202) 434-4646, Email:
- 203 W. Morgan Ave. (Lat: 36.758139 Lon: -83.027667), Overall height: 10.7 m, Call Sign: WLO278, Licensee ID: L01192947
Assigned Frequencies: 950.875 MHz, 951.125 MHzGrant Date: 03/11/1988, Expiration Date: 10/01/2019Registrant: B C Broadcasting Company, Inc., 203 West Morgan Avenue, Pennington Gap, VA 24277
FCC Registered Paging Towers:2
- 500' North Of City Limits Of (Lat: 36.756472 Lon: -83.047389), Call Sign: KNKC693
Assigned Frequencies: 158.100 MHzGrant Date: 03/03/2009, Expiration Date: 04/01/2019Registrant: Wilkinson Barker Knauer, LLP, 2300 N Street, Nw, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20037, Phone: (202) 783-4141, Fax: (202) 783-5851, Email:
- Approximately 1.5 Miles South Of: (Lat: 36.735361 Lon: -83.038778), Call Sign: KNKC693
Assigned Frequencies: 158.100 MHzGrant Date: 03/03/2009, Expiration Date: 04/01/2019Registrant: Wilkinson Barker Knauer, LLP, 2300 N Street, Nw, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20037, Phone: (202) 783-4141, Fax: (202) 783-5851, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:37 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Pennington Gap)
FAA Registered Aircraft:2
- Aircraft: SIX CHUTER INC SR7 XL (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: ROTAX 582 (65 HP) (2 Cycle)
N-Number: 2546N , Serial Number: 98-2064-SR7XL, Year manufactured: 1998, Airworthiness Date: 06/09/2007
Registrant (Corporation): Reuilles Auto Service Center Inc, 403 Industrial Dr, Pennington Gap, VA 24277
- Aircraft: HUGHES 269A (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 65 mph), Engine: LYCOMING HIO-360 SER (205 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 6258B , Serial Number: 67-16812, Airworthiness Date: 12/15/1997
Registrant (Corporation): A&a Conveyor And Equipement Inc, Po Box 689, Pennington Gap, VA 24277
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 29
- Hazardous Condition: 4
- Service Call: 1
Incident types - Pennington Gap
|Most common first names in Pennington Gap, VA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Pennington Gap, VA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (79%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (11%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (7%)
- Other fuel (1%)
- Utility gas (1%)
- No fuel used (0%)
|Businesses in Pennington Gap, VA|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||McDonald's||1|
|H&R Block||1||Rite Aid||1|
|Long John Silver's||1||U-Haul||1|
Pennington Gap compared to Virginia state average:
- Median household income significantly below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Pennington Gap on our top lists:
- #17 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in homes for the mentally ill (population 1,000+)"
- #23 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the smallest number of children under 18 without health insurance coverage in 2000"
- #42 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating to other counties in 2011"
- #51 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the smallest number of people without health insurance coverage in 2000"
- #62 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating from other counties between 2010 and 2011"