|Median resident age:||42.9 years|
|Texas median age:||32.3 years|
Zip code: 76682
Perry CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $93,766 (it was $63,600 in 2000)
- White alone - 682 (87.8%)
- Hispanic - 50 (6.4%)
- Black alone - 36 (4.6%)
- American Indian alone - 5 (0.6%)
- Two or more races - 3 (0.4%)
- Asian alone - 1 (0.1%)
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 89.5 square miles.
Population density: 7.9 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Perry:
- High school or higher: 69.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.8%
- Unemployed: 5.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 29.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Perry CCD:
- Never married: 9.0%
- Now married: 73.4%
- Separated: 2.7%
- Widowed: 11.7%
- Divorced: 5.9%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Perry CCD:||0.8% ($504)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Waco, TX (19.2 miles , pop. 113,726).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Arlington, TX (88.4 miles , pop. 332,969).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (93.6 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Riesel, TX (2.2 miles ), Mart, TX (2.6 miles ), Hallsburg, TX (3.1 miles ), Marlin, TX (3.1 miles ), Golinda, TX (3.7 miles ), Prairie Hill, TX (3.9 miles ), Robinson, TX (4.0 miles ), Axtell, TX (4.0 miles ).
Latitude: 31.45 N, Longitude: 96.85 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 254
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (20%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (10%)
- Metal and metal products (10%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Truck transportation (8%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (6%)
- Repair and maintenance (6%)
- Finance and insurance (25%)
- Health care (15%)
- Personal and laundry services (10%)
- Broadcasting and telecommunications (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Repair and maintenance (6%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (17%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (11%)
- Farmers and farm managers (10%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (6%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (15%)
- Financial clerks except bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (13%)
- Personal appearance workers (10%)
- Other health diagnosing and treating practitioners and technical occupations (9%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (7%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (6%)
Average climate in Perry, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Perry-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Texas state average. It is 68% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/11/1953, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 18.8 miles away from the Perry place center killed 114 people and injured 597 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 3/10/1973, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 5.9 miles away from the place center killed 6 people and injured 77 people.
Earthquake activity:Perry-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Texas state average. It is 81% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 253.7 miles away from the city center
On 4/14/1995 at 00:32:56, a magnitude 5.7 (5.6 MB, 5.7 MS, 5.7 MW, Depth: 11.1 mi) earthquake occurred 395.0 miles away from Perry center
On 9/6/1997 at 23:38:00, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 223.5 miles away from the city center
On 4/9/1993 at 12:29:19, a magnitude 4.3 (4.1 MB, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 197.5 miles away from the city center
On 1/2/1992 at 11:45:35, a magnitude 5.0 (4.6 MB, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 371.9 miles away from Perry center
On 1/18/1995 at 15:51:39, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 234.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Falls County (7) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 2
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Fires: 3, Hurricanes: 3, Flood: 1, Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Perry:
- PARK PLAZA (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; MART, TX)
- PARK PLAZA NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; MART, TX)
- ROBERT E LEE GROUP HOME (Hospital, about 9 miles away; MARLIN, TX)
- ELMWOOD NURSING CENTER (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; MARLIN, TX)
- FOSTER GROUP HOME (Hospital, about 10 miles away; MARLIN, TX)
- GOLDEN YEARS NURSING AND REHABILITATION CENTER (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; MARLIN, TX)
- GOLDEN YEARS REST HOME (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; MARLIN, TX)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Perry:
- Baylor University (about 18 miles; Waco, TX; Full-time enrollment: 14,800)
- Texas State Technical College-Waco (about 19 miles; Waco, TX; FT enrollment: 4,210)
- McLennan Community College (about 22 miles; Waco, TX; FT enrollment: 6,673)
- Temple College (about 40 miles; Temple, TX; FT enrollment: 3,796)
- Hill College (about 42 miles; Hillsboro, TX; FT enrollment: 2,968)
- University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (about 45 miles; Belton, TX; FT enrollment: 2,885)
- Navarro College (about 49 miles; Corsicana, TX; FT enrollment: 7,711)
Notable locations in Perry: Brushy Bluff Church (A), Eureka School (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Perry include: Perry Church (A), Trinity Church (B), Sunset Church (C), Saint Johns Church (D), Criswell Church (E), Nazare Church (F), New Zion Church (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Hope Cemetery (1), Walker Cemetery (2), Sunset Cemetery (3), Metina Cemetery (4), Nazare Cemetery (5), Zion Cemetery (6). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoirs: Mann Lake (A), Able Lake (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creeks: Sandy Creek (A), Little Brushy Creek (B), Hogpen Creek (C), Cottonwood Creek (D), Little Elm Creek (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 71.6. This is about average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2012 was 0.117. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 19.1 miles away from the city center.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 3.43. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 19.1 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 0.262. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 19.1 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 30.7. This is about average. Closest monitor was 18.1 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2002 was 10.5. This is about average. Closest monitor was 21.0 miles away from the city center.
|This place:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
2 people in nursing homes in 2000
Perry compared to Texas state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (42%)
- Electricity (37%)
- Wood (8%)
- Utility gas (8%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (5%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Perry CCD (based on Falls County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 56.51%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||Catholic Church||United Methodist Church||Lutheran Church||Churches of Christ|
|Name||Presbyterian Church (USA)||United Church of Christ||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Episcopal Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Falls County:||1.77 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|Falls County:||1.77 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Falls County:||5.90 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.90 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
6.73% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($29,276 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from McLennan County, TX||2.26% ($26,596 average AGI)|
|from Bell County, TX||0.79% ($36,975)|
|from Harris County, TX||0.26% ($15,769)|
6.31% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,489 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Perry:
- KBBW (1010 AM; 10 kW; WACO-MARLIN, TX; Owner: AMERICAN BROADCASTING OF TEXAS)
- KRZI (1580 AM; 10 kW; WACO, TX; Owner: VAN D. GOODALL, JR.)
- KRZX (1660 AM; 10 kW; WACO, TX; Owner: VAN D. GOODALL, JR.)
- WBAP (820 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KESS (1270 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: KESS-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- KRLD (1080 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TEXAS INFINITY BROADCASTING L.P.)
- KAHZ (1360 AM; 50 kW; HURST, TX)
- KFXR (1190 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KZMP (1540 AM; 50 kW; UNIVERSITY PARK, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KSKY (660 AM; 20 kW; BALCH SPRINGS, TX; Owner: BISON MEDIA, INC.)
- KWTX (1230 AM; 1 kW; WACO, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KTRH (740 AM; 50 kW; HOUSTON, TX; Owner: AMFM TEXAS LICENSES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KGOL (1180 AM; 50 kW; HUMBLE, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Perry:
- WACO-FM (99.9 FM; WACO, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KWTX-FM (97.5 FM; WACO, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KBGO (95.7 FM; WACO, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KWBU-FM (103.3 FM; WACO, TX; Owner: BRAZOS VALLEY PUBLIC BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- KBCT (94.5 FM; WACO, TX; Owner: KENNELWOOD BCST/G COMPANY, INC.)
- KLRK (92.9 FM; MARLIN, TX; Owner: VAN D. GOODALL, JR.)
- KDOS (107.9 FM; ROBINSON, TX; Owner: KICI-FM LICENSE CORP.)
TV broadcast stations around Perry:
- KCEN-TV (Channel 6; TEMPLE, TX; Owner: CHANNEL 6, INC.)
- KXXV (Channel 25; WACO, TX; Owner: CENTEX TELEVISION LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KWBU-TV (Channel 34; WACO, TX; Owner: BRAZOS VALLEY PUBLIC BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- KWKT (Channel 44; WACO, TX; Owner: COMCORP OF TEXAS LICENSE CORP.)
- KWTX-TV (Channel 10; WACO, TX; Owner: KWTX-KBTX LICENSEE CORP.)
- KYLE (Channel 28; BRYAN, TX; Owner: COMCORP OF BRYAN LICENSE CORP.)
Perry fatal accident list:
Nov 11, 1980 06:50 PM, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1, Drunken drivers: 1
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:2
- Perry, 2.5 Mi E Of (Lat: 31.440028 Lon: -96.875972), Type: Tower, Structure height: 39.6 m, Overall height: 43.3 m, Call Sign: WNTA702, Licensee ID: L00004077
Assigned Frequencies: 6600.00 MHz, 6685.00 MHz, 6665.00 MHz, 6690.00 MHz
Grant Date: 02/26/2009, Expiration Date: 04/12/2019
Registrant: Brazos Electric Power Cooperative Inc, 2404 Lasalle Ave, Waco, TX 76702-2585, Phone: (254) 750-6385, Fax: (254) 750-6590, Email:
- North Tower, Intersection Of Cr 118 & Cr 146, 3.38 Miles North Of Perry, Tx (Lat: 31.460000 Lon: -96.887389), Type: Tower, Structure height: 48.8 m, Overall height: 54.6 m, Call Sign: WQFF431
Assigned Frequencies: 942.975 MHz
Grant Date: 06/30/2006, Expiration Date: 06/30/2016, Certifier: Rob Douglas
Registrant: Huffman Communications, 2829 W. 7th Ave, Corsicana, TX 75151-1753, Phone: (903) 872-8306, Fax: (903) 872-6032, Email:
FCC Registered Paging Towers:1
- 5 Miles Sw Of Perry (Lat: 41.767472 Lon: -94.162722), Call Sign: KKB608, Licensee ID: L00011049
Assigned Frequencies: 43.5800 MHz
Grant Date: 05/11/1999, Expiration Date: 04/01/2009, Cancellation Date: 02/24/2009
Registrant: West Central Pagers, Inc., 1421 Second Street, Perry, IA 50220