We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||44.9 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 53572.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $34,250 (it was $22,596 in 2000)
Perry town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $337,767 (it was $193,500 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $298,610; Detached houses: $315,668; Townhouses or other attached units: $210,044; In 2-unit structures: $254,502; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $197,466; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $218,345; Mobile homes: $33,414
Races in Perry, WI (2010)
- 70496.6%White alone
- 101.4%Asian alone
- 40.5%Black alone
- 20.3%Two or more races
Ancestries: German (40.7%), Norwegian (30.3%), Irish (15.7%), Swiss (11.2%), English (9.4%), United States (4.0%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 36.1 square miles.
Population density: 20 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Perry:
- High school or higher: 88.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 26.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 11.2%
- Unemployed: 1.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 31.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Perry town:
- Never married: 19.9%
- Now married: 70.0%
- Separated: 0.4%
- Widowed: 1.7%
- Divorced: 8.1%
7 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Perry town:||0.7% ($1,417)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Madison, WI (23.9 miles , pop. 208,054).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (130.2 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Moscow, WI (2.3 miles ), Blanchardville, WI (2.6 miles ), Primrose, WI (2.7 miles ), Hollandale, WI (2.7 miles ), Blanchard, WI (2.9 miles ), Mount Horeb, WI (2.9 miles ), Blue Mounds, WI (3.0 miles ), Springdale, WI (3.1 miles ).
Latitude: 42.89 N, Longitude: 89.79 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 608
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (25%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (17%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (6%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Truck transportation (4%)
- Other transportation, and support activities, and couriers (4%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Health care (13%)
- Educational services (10%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Finance and insurance (7%)
- Food and beverage stores (5%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (5%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (4%)
- Farmers and farm managers (15%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (12%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (4%)
- Supervisors of construction and extraction workers (4%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Sales representatives, services, wholesale and manufacturing (3%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (7%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (7%)
- Farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (6%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (5%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (4%)
Average climate in Perry, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Perry-area historical tornado activity is above Wisconsin state average. It is 64% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/7/1984, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 10.9 miles away from the Perry town center killed 9 people and injured 200 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 7/3/1983, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 17.9 miles away from the town center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Perry-area historical earthquake activity is above Wisconsin state average. It is 87% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 322.9 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 109.0 miles away from Perry center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 298.7 miles away from the city center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 355.3 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 321.9 miles away from Perry center
On 9/2/1999 at 16:17:29, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 83.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Dane County (16) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 12
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 11, Floods: 8, Tornadoes: 7, Winter Storms: 2, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snow: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Perry:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Perry:
- Edgewood College (about 23 miles; Madison, WI; Full-time enrollment: 2,455)
- University of Wisconsin Colleges (about 24 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 10,019)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (about 24 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 34,621)
- Madison Area Technical College (about 29 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 9,603)
- Herzing University-Madison (about 31 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 3,160)
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville (about 38 miles; Platteville, WI; FT enrollment: 7,679)
- University of Wisconsin-Whitewater (about 54 miles; Whitewater, WI; FT enrollment: 11,124)
Notable location: Cat Nip Hollow Farm (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Perry include: Holy Redeemer Church (A), Hauge Church (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Syftestad Creek (A), Pleasant Valley Branch (B), German Valley Branch (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 50.6. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 15.7. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 22.1 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 9.27. This is about average. Closest monitor was 22.1 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.4% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Perry town (based on Dane County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Dane County:||1.53 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.04 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Dane County:||0.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||0.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Dane County:||3.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
6.00% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($42,234 average adjusted gross income)
0.03% of residents moved from foreign countries ($186 average AGI)
Dane County: 0.03% Wisconsin average: 0.02%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Milwaukee County, WI||0.30% ($34,934 average AGI)|
|from Cook County, IL||0.28% ($50,103)|
|from Rock County, WI||0.25% ($35,033)|
5.58% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($44,394 average adjusted gross income)
0.09% of residents moved to foreign countries ($618 average AGI)
Dane County: 0.09% Wisconsin average: 0.03%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Perry:
- WTSO (1070 AM; 10 kW; MADISON, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WLMV (1480 AM; 10 kW; MADISON, WI; Owner: MID-WEST MANAGEMENT, INC.)
- WTDY (1670 AM; 10 kW; MADISON, WI; Owner: MID-WEST MANAGEMENT, INC.)
- WHA (970 AM; 5 kW; MADISON, WI; Owner: BOARD REGENTS OF UNIV OF WI SYSTEM)
- WIBA (1310 AM; 5 kW; MADISON, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WTUX (1550 AM; daytime; 5 kW; MADISON, WI)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Perry:
- WERN (88.7 FM; MADISON, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WIBA-FM (101.5 FM; MADISON, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WZEE (104.1 FM; MADISON, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WORT (89.9 FM; MADISON, WI; Owner: BACK PORCH RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WMMM-FM (105.5 FM; VERONA, WI; Owner: ENTERCOM MADISON LICENSE, LLC.)
- W215AQ (90.9 FM; MADISON, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WSUM (91.7 FM; MADISON, WI; Owner: BD. OF REGENTS OF UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN SYSTEM)
- WOLX-FM (94.9 FM; BARABOO, WI; Owner: ENTERCOM MADISON LICENSE, LLC.)
- WDMP-FM (99.3 FM; DODGEVILLE, WI; Owner: DODGE POINT BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WCJZ (96.3 FM; SAUK CITY, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WNWC-FM (102.5 FM; MADISON, WI; Owner: NORTHWESTERN COLLEGE)
- WMGN (98.1 FM; MADISON, WI; Owner: MID-WEST MANAGEMENT, INC.)
- WEKZ-FM (93.7 FM; MONROE, WI; Owner: RONALD M.SPIELMAN & SCOTT THOMPSON)
- WWQM-FM (106.3 FM; MIDDLETON, WI; Owner: MID-WEST MANAGEMENT INC.)
- WHHI (91.3 FM; HIGHLAND, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WKPO (105.9 FM; EVANSVILLE, WI; Owner: GOOD KARMA BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
TV broadcast stations around Perry:
- WISC-TV (Channel 3; MADISON, WI; Owner: TELEVISION WISCONSIN, INC.)
- WMSN-TV (Channel 47; MADISON, WI; Owner: WMSN LICENSEE, LLC)
- WKOW-TV (Channel 27; MADISON, WI; Owner: WKOW TELEVISION, INC.)
- WHA-TV (Channel 21; MADISON, WI; Owner: BOARD OF REGENTS OF THE UNIV. OF WISCONSIN SYSTEM)
- WMTV (Channel 15; MADISON, WI; Owner: GRAY MIDAMERICA TV LICENSEE CORP.)
- W38CT (Channel 38; MADISON, WI; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- W23BW (Channel 23; MADISON, WI; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- W58CO (Channel 58; SAULT STE. MARIE, MI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 13Number of bridges
- 16m52ftTotal length
- $476,000Total costs
- 11,810Total average daily traffic
- 130Total average daily truck traffic
- 8,335Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (62%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (24%)
- Wood (10%)
- Utility gas (2%)
- Electricity (1%)
- Other fuel (1%)
Perry compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.