|Median resident age:||44.7 years|
|Texas median age:||32.3 years|
Zip code: 76642
Personville CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $116,086 (it was $63,200 in 2000)
- White alone - 1,369 (91.4%)
- Hispanic - 76 (5.1%)
- Black alone - 34 (2.3%)
- American Indian alone - 13 (0.9%)
- Two or more races - 6 (0.4%)
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 424 feet
Land area: 118.6 square miles.
Population density: 13 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Personville:
- High school or higher: 80.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.7%
- Unemployed: 3.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 24.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Personville CCD:
- Never married: 14.4%
- Now married: 66.7%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 7.2%
- Divorced: 11.8%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Personville CCD:||1.1% ($694)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Waco, TX (47.0 miles , pop. 113,726).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Dallas, TX (93.0 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Teague, TX (3.1 miles ), Groesbeck, TX (3.2 miles ), Mexia, TX (3.8 miles ), Thornton, TX (3.8 miles ), Jewett, TX (4.0 miles ), Buffalo, TX (4.2 miles ), Kirvin, TX (4.3 miles) , Fairfield, TX (4.4 miles ).
Latitude: 31.50 N, Longitude: 96.36 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 254
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (22%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (15%)
- Public administration (11%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (10%)
- Truck transportation (7%)
- Metal and metal products (5%)
- Utilities (4%)
- Health care (17%)
- Educational services (14%)
- Public administration (12%)
- Accommodation and food services (10%)
- Food and beverage stores (8%)
- Construction (6%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (12%)
- Farmers and farm managers (9%)
- Electricians (8%)
- Construction laborers (6%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (6%)
- Top executives (6%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (9%)
- Cashiers (7%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (5%)
- Therapists (5%)
- Health technologists and technicians (5%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (5%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (5%)
Average climate in Personville, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Personville-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Texas state average. It is 50% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/11/1953, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 35.0 miles away from the Personville place center killed 114 people and injured 597 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 3/10/1973, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 27.8 miles away from the place center killed 6 people and injured 77 people.
Earthquake activity:Personville-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Texas state average. It is 81% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 278.4 miles away from the city center
On 4/14/1995 at 00:32:56, a magnitude 5.7 (5.6 MB, 5.7 MS, 5.7 MW, Depth: 11.1 mi) earthquake occurred 424.4 miles away from Personville center
On 9/6/1997 at 23:38:00, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 218.3 miles away from the city center
On 4/9/1993 at 12:29:19, a magnitude 4.3 (4.1 MB, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 214.1 miles away from the city center
On 1/18/1995 at 15:51:39, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 237.2 miles away from Personville center
On 4/28/1998 at 14:13:01, a magnitude 4.2 (3.9 MB, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 256.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Limestone County (11) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 5
Emergencies Declared: 6
Causes of natural disasters: Fires: 3, Floods: 3, Hurricanes: 3, Storms: 3, Tornadoes: 3, Wind: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Personville:
- MCGEE NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; TEAGUE, TX)
- PARK PLAZA NURSING CENTER (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; GROESBECK, TX)
- GROESBECK LTC PARTNERS INC (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; GROESBECK, TX)
- PARKSIDE GROUP HOME (Hospital, about 10 miles away; GROESBECK, TX)
- JANE GROUP HOME (Hospital, about 10 miles away; GROESBECK, TX)
- LIMESTONE MEDICAL CENTER Critical Access Hospitals (about 11 miles away; GROESBECK, TX)
- WINDSOR HEALTHCARE RESIDENCE LTD (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; GROESBECK, TX)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Personville:
- Navarro College (about 41 miles; Corsicana, TX; Full-time enrollment: 7,711)
- Texas State Technical College-Waco (about 44 miles; Waco, TX; FT enrollment: 4,210)
- Baylor University (about 45 miles; Waco, TX; FT enrollment: 14,800)
- McLennan Community College (about 49 miles; Waco, TX; FT enrollment: 6,673)
- Hill College (about 56 miles; Hillsboro, TX; FT enrollment: 2,968)
- Trinity Valley Community College (about 57 miles; Athens, TX; FT enrollment: 5,333)
- Texas A & M University-College Station (about 62 miles; College Station, TX; FT enrollment: 46,550)
Notable locations in Personville: Box Car Center (A), Center (B), East Lake Limestone Volunteer Fire Department (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Personville include: Webb Chapel (A), Lost Prairie Church (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Bethel Cemetery (1), Holt Cemetery (2), Oaks Cemetery (3), Plummers Cemetery (4), New Hope Cemetery (5). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Sellers Lake (A), Duck Pond (B), Sims Lake (C), Browns Lake (D), Kennedy Lake (E), Duke Lake (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Big Creek (A), West Fork Chambers Creek (B), Turkey Creek (C), Spring Creek (D), Sassafras Branch (E), Sanders Creek (F), Sand Branch (G), Plummers Creek (H), Pear Branch (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.1% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Personville compared to Texas state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (56%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (33%)
- Other fuel (4%)
- Utility gas (3%)
- Wood (3%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Personville CCD (based on Limestone County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 56.71%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||Churches of Christ||Catholic Church||USA National Primitive Baptist Convention|
|Name||Baptist Missionary Association of America||Assemblies of God||American Baptist Association||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Limestone County:||2.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.45 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Limestone County:||1.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Limestone County:||9.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.52 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
7.66% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($36,643 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Freestone County, TX||1.44% ($41,190 average AGI)|
|from McLennan County, TX||1.17% ($32,624)|
|from Dallas County, TX||0.37% ($25,481)|
7.33% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($33,401 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Personville:
- WBAP (820 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KBBW (1010 AM; 10 kW; WACO-MARLIN, TX; Owner: AMERICAN BROADCASTING OF TEXAS)
- KRLD (1080 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TEXAS INFINITY BROADCASTING L.P.)
- KFXR (1190 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KESS (1270 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: KESS-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- KSKY (660 AM; 20 kW; BALCH SPRINGS, TX; Owner: BISON MEDIA, INC.)
- KRZI (1580 AM; 10 kW; WACO, TX; Owner: VAN D. GOODALL, JR.)
- KTRH (740 AM; 50 kW; HOUSTON, TX; Owner: AMFM TEXAS LICENSES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KZMP (1540 AM; 50 kW; UNIVERSITY PARK, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KGOL (1180 AM; 50 kW; HUMBLE, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KAHZ (1360 AM; 50 kW; HURST, TX)
- KRZX (1660 AM; 10 kW; WACO, TX; Owner: VAN D. GOODALL, JR.)
- KZNE (1150 AM; 10 kW; COLLEGE STATION, TX; Owner: BRYAN BROADCASTING LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Personville:
- KDOS (107.9 FM; ROBINSON, TX; Owner: KICI-FM LICENSE CORP.)
- KYCX-FM (104.9 FM; MEXIA, TX; Owner: MJ COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WACO-FM (99.9 FM; WACO, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KNES (99.1 FM; FAIRFIELD, TX; Owner: J & J COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Personville:
- KCEN-TV (Channel 6; TEMPLE, TX; Owner: CHANNEL 6, INC.)
- KYLE (Channel 28; BRYAN, TX; Owner: COMCORP OF BRYAN LICENSE CORP.)
- KXXV (Channel 25; WACO, TX; Owner: CENTEX TELEVISION LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:2
- Morton Well (Lat: 31.490278 Lon: -96.308500), Type: Tower, Structure height: 17.1 m, Call Sign: WQBC228
Assigned Frequencies: 458.275 MHz
Grant Date: 09/16/2004, Expiration Date: 09/16/2014, Certifier: Richard B Locke
Registrant: Lao 20411903, 102 East Middle Street, Gettysburg, PA 17325, Phone: (800) 886-4222, Fax: (717) 337-9157, Email:
- K3 Well (Lat: 31.491222 Lon: -96.323944), Type: Tower, Structure height: 17.1 m, Overall height: 17.7 m, Call Sign: WQBC233
Assigned Frequencies: 458.275 MHz
Grant Date: 09/16/2004, Expiration Date: 09/16/2014, Certifier: Richard B Locke
Registrant: Lao 20412402, 102 East Middle Street, Gettysburg, PA 17325, Phone: (800) 886-4222, Fax: (717) 337-9157, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:1
- Eubanks, W Of County Rd 841, 3 Mi Ne Of (Lat: 31.536222 Lon: -96.289056), Type: Tower, Structure height: 43.8 m, Overall height: 45.3 m, Call Sign: WQOM728
Assigned Frequencies: 928.756 MHz, 952.756 MHz, 952.668 MHz, 928.668 MHz
Grant Date: 11/18/2011, Expiration Date: 11/18/2021, Certifier: Craig Riebkes
Registrant: Blooston Mordkofsky Dickens Duffy & Prendergast LLP, 2120 L St Nw Suite 300, Washington, DC 20037, Phone: (202) 828-5536, Fax: (202) 828-5568