Piermont, New Hampshire
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||46.8 years|
|New Hampshire median age:||43.9 years|
Zip codes: 03779.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $30,617 (it was $22,183 in 2000)
Piermont town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $192,317 (it was $99,200 in 2000)
Races in Piermont, NH (2010)
- 76296.5%White alone
- 111.4%Two or more races
- 70.9%Asian alone
- 30.4%American Indian alone
- 10.1%Black alone
|Considering moving to Lebanon, NH from TN for Dartmouth...advice? (19 replies)|
|State of public schools in New Hampshire (30 replies)|
|Picture Thread for NH (1860 replies)|
Latest news from Piermont, NH collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (30.3%), Irish (21.3%), French (9.4%), Scottish (8.2%), French Canadian (6.1%), German (5.5%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated in 1764
Elevation: 568 feet
Land area: 38.5 square miles.
Population density: 21 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Piermont:
- High school or higher: 89.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 22.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 9.0%
- Unemployed: 4.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 31.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Piermont town:
- Never married: 21.8%
- Now married: 61.4%
- Separated: 0.4%
- Widowed: 5.1%
- Divorced: 11.4%
14 residents are foreign born
According to our research of New Hampshire and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Piermont, New Hampshire as of January 24, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Piermont to the number of sex offenders is 674 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Piermont town:||2.1% ($2,123)|
|New Hampshire:||2.3% ($2,946)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Manchester, NH (74.7 miles , pop. 107,006).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (124.2 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (235.7 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Bradford, VT (2.1 miles ), Orford, NH (2.2 miles ), Benton, NH (2.7 miles ), Newbury, VT (2.7 miles ), Fairlee, VT (2.7 miles ), Warren, NH (2.9 miles ), Haverhill, NH (2.9 miles ), Wentworth, NH (3.2 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 3 buildings, average cost: $78,200
- 1998: 4 buildings, average cost: $78,200
- 1999: 5 buildings, average cost: $78,200
Latitude: 43.98 N, Longitude: 72.04 W
Area code: 603
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (14%)
- Educational services (8%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (8%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (7%)
- Repair and maintenance (6%)
- Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers (5%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Health care (31%)
- Educational services (20%)
- Food and beverage stores (6%)
- Printing and related support activities (5%)
- Social assistance (5%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (3%)
- Finance and insurance (3%)
- Carpenters (11%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (7%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (4%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (4%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (9%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (7%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (6%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (5%)
- Health technologists and technicians (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
Average climate in Piermont, New Hampshire
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Piermont-area historical tornado activity is below New Hampshire state average. It is 77% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/11/1966, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 3.2 miles away from the Piermont town center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 5/11/1973, a category F2 tornado 28.5 miles away from the town center .
Earthquake activity:Piermont-area historical earthquake activity is near New Hampshire state average. It is 90% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 90.2 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 114.4 miles away from Piermont center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 39.7 miles away from the city center
On 6/16/1995 at 12:13:11, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 22.4 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 11:04:42, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, 3.7 ML, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 89.0 miles away from Piermont center
On 8/21/1996 at 07:54:14, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, 3.6 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 37.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Grafton County (21) is a lot greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 14
Emergencies Declared: 7
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 10, Storms: 9, Snows: 3, Winter Storms: 3, Blizzard: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snowfall: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Tropical Storm: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Ira Hobart Evans - Army Medal of Honor recipient.
Medal of Honor Recipients
Medal of Honor Recipients born in Piermont: Ira H. Evans, Nathaniel C. Barker.
Heliports located in Piermont:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Piermont:
- Dartmouth College (about 23 miles; Hanover, NH; Full-time enrollment: 6,030)
- Plymouth State University (about 24 miles; Plymouth, NH; FT enrollment: 4,838)
- Norwich University (about 33 miles; Northfield, VT; FT enrollment: 4,221)
- Middlebury College (about 57 miles; Middlebury, VT; FT enrollment: 3,077)
- NHTI-Concord's Community College (about 59 miles; Concord, NH; FT enrollment: 2,865)
- Castleton State College (about 63 miles; Castleton, VT; FT enrollment: 2,079)
- Saint Michael's College (about 67 miles; Colchester, VT; FT enrollment: 2,336)
Public elementary/middle school in Piermont:
- PIERMONT VILLAGE SCHOOL (Students: 78, Location: 131 RTE. 10, Grades: PK-8)
Notable locations in Piermont: Whitman Camp (A), Piermont Fire Department (B), Piermont First Aid Stabilization Team Squad (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Cedar Grover Cemetery (1), River Road Cemetery (2), South Lawn Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Lake Katherine (A), Lake Tarleton (B), Lake Armington (C), Lake Constance (D), Lake Armington (E), Lake Tarleton (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Eastman Brook (A), Waits River (B), Indian Pond Brook (C), Bean Brook (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2000 was 71.7. This is about average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2000 was 26.1. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 7.6 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.4 people|
|New Hampshire:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 1.8% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Banks with branches in Piermont (2011 data):
- Woodsville Guaranty Savings Bank: Piermont Branch at River Road And Route 25, branch established on 1973/10/01. Info updated 2006/10/31: Bank assets: $393.0 mil, Deposits: $296.3 mil, headquarters in Woodsville, NH, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 9 total offices, Holding Company: Guaranty Bancorp, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
|New Hampshire average:||10.9|
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Piermont town (based on Grafton County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Grafton County:||3.87 / 10,000 pop.|
|New Hampshire:||2.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.23 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.15 / 10,000 pop.|
|Grafton County:||1.29 / 10,000 pop.|
|New Hampshire:||1.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|Grafton County:||6.45 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.02 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||14.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||9.70 / 10,000 pop.|
7.43% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($54,284 average adjusted gross income)
|New Hampshire average:||6.07%|
0.07% of residents moved from foreign countries ($5,320 average AGI)
Grafton County: 0.07% New Hampshire average: 0.04%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Windsor County, VT||0.60% ($56,827 average AGI)|
|from Sullivan County, NH||0.54% ($43,000)|
|from Merrimack County, NH||0.43% ($43,161)|
8.27% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($43,736 average adjusted gross income)
|New Hampshire average:||6.45%|
0.11% of residents moved to foreign countries ($436 average AGI)
Grafton County: 0.11% New Hampshire average: 0.06%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Piermont:
- WTWN (1100 AM; daytime; 5 kW; WELLS RIVER, VT; Owner: PUFFER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WPNH (1300 AM; 5 kW; PLYMOUTH, NH; Owner: NORTHEAST COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WNTK (1020 AM; 10 kW; NEWPORT, NH; Owner: KOOR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WDEV (550 AM; 5 kW; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Piermont:
- WVFM (105.7 FM; CAMPTON, NH; Owner: DEVON BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WPKQ (103.7 FM; NORTH CONWAY, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WHOM (94.9 FM; MT. WASHINGTON, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WEVH (91.3 FM; HANOVER, NH; Owner: NEW HAMPSHIRE PUBLIC RADIO INC)
- WPNH-FM (100.1 FM; PLYMOUTH, NH; Owner: NORTHEAST COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WSCY (106.9 FM; MOULTONBOROUGH, NH; Owner: NORTHEAST COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WEBK (105.3 FM; KILLINGTON, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WJJR (98.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WZRT (97.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WHDQ (106.1 FM; CLAREMONT, NH; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WYKR-FM (101.3 FM; HAVERHILL, NH; Owner: PUFFER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WGMT (97.7 FM; LYNDON, VT; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WCVT (101.7 FM; STOWE, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT CLASSICS, L.L.C.)
- WVPR (89.5 FM; WINDSOR, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WDEV-FM (96.1 FM; WARREN, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WGLV (91.7 FM; WOODSTOCK, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES INC)
- WHDQ-FM1 (106.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WMTK (106.3 FM; LITTLETON, NH; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WVPS (107.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WLKC (103.3 FM; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO BROADCASTING SERVICES, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Piermont:
- W15BK (Channel 15; HANOVER, NH; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE)
Piermont fatal accident list:
Jun 19, 2002 01:40 AM, Sr-10, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 2, Drunken persons involved: 2
May 7, 1994 05:05 PM, Route 105s, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 6, Fatalities: 1
Dec 19, 1992 08:00 PM, Sr10, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 4, Fatalities: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 12Number of bridges
- 24m79ftTotal length
- $37,704,000Total costs
- 8,150Total average daily traffic
- 434Total average daily truck traffic
- 12,064Total future (year 2035) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:1
- STATION, On Us Route 10 1.35 Mi N Of (Lat: 43.989778 Lon: -72.075639), Overall height: 22.9 m, Call Sign: KZW76
Assigned Frequencies: 6725.00 MHz, 6795.00 MHzGrant Date: 01/08/2010, Expiration Date: 02/01/2020Registrant: Utilities Telecom Council, 1901 Pennsylvania Ave, Nw, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20006, Phone: (202) 833-6803, Fax: (202) 833-6803, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:4
- Call Sign: K1CLD, Grant Date: 07/30/1997, Expiration Date: 07/30/2007, Cancellation Date: 07/31/2009, Registrant: William R Deal, Piermont, NH 03779
- Call Sign: KA1JSB, Licensee ID: L00185456, Grant Date: 12/17/1999, Expiration Date: 03/13/2010, Cancellation Date: 12/27/2000, Registrant: Donald A Smith, Piermont, NH 03779
- Call Sign: WB6MXL, Licensee ID: L00137149, Grant Date: 02/28/2014, Expiration Date: 05/24/2024, Registrant: Peter Erpelding, 255 River Rd, Piermont, NH 03779
- Call Sign: KB1JCN, Licensee ID: L00605502, Grant Date: 11/05/2012, Expiration Date: 12/10/2022, Certifier: Brian K Rose, Registrant: Brian K Rose, Piermont, NH 03779
FAA Registered Aircraft:1
- Aircraft: ROBINSON HELICOPTER R44 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: LYCOMING O-540-F1B5 (260 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 189MX , Serial Number: 2194, Year manufactured: 2012, Airworthiness Date: 05/14/2012
Registrant (Individual): Peter Erpelding, 255 River Rd, Piermont, NH 03779, Other Owners: Engineering Otes
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 4
- Hazardous Condition: 14
Incident types - Piermont
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (45%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (35%)
- Wood (18%)
- Utility gas (1%)
- Electricity (1%)
Piermont compared to New Hampshire state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.