We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||53.0 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54806.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $31,479 (it was $17,895 in 2000)
Pilsen town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $198,561 (it was $102,900 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $205,254; Detached houses: $213,014; Townhouses or other attached units: $287,231; In 2-unit structures: $179,002; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $305,243; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $224,774; Mobile homes: $85,007; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $34,499
Races in Pilsen, WI (2010)
- 19994.8%White alone
- 41.9%American Indian alone
- 31.4%Two or more races
Latest news from Pilsen, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (32.5%), Irish (15.8%), Czech (12.3%), English (10.8%), Slovak (8.4%), Norwegian (6.9%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 888 feet
Land area: 34.9 square miles.
Population density: 6.0 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Pilsen:
- High school or higher: 93.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.6%
- Unemployed: 6.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 29.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Pilsen town:
- Never married: 17.6%
- Now married: 67.3%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 10.1%
- Divorced: 3.8%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Pilsen town:||1.4% ($1,417)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Duluth, MN (47.1 miles , pop. 86,918).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Paul, MN (145.4 miles , pop. 287,151).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (369.8 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Keystone, WI (1.7 miles ), Barksdale, WI (2.7 miles ), Eileen, WI (3.0 miles ), Delta, WI (3.0 miles ), Tripp, WI (3.1 miles ), Iron River, WI (3.1 miles ), Mason, WI (3.3 miles) , Kelly, WI (3.5 miles ).
Latitude: 46.56 N, Longitude: 91.18 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 715
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (27%)
- Repair and maintenance (11%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (9%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Public administration (9%)
- Paper (7%)
- Machinery (7%)
- Health care (26%)
- Finance and insurance (13%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (11%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (11%)
- Food and beverage stores (8%)
- Educational services (8%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Carpenters (15%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (11%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (9%)
- Drafters, engineering, and mapping technicians (7%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (7%)
- Farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Secondary school teachers (5%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (16%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (13%)
- Business operations specialists (11%)
- Registered nurses (11%)
- Other financial specialists (8%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (8%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (8%)
Average climate in Pilsen, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Pilsen-area historical tornado activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 78% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/30/1968, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 12.6 miles away from the Pilsen town center injured 2 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 8/6/1969, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 41.2 miles away from the town center killed 2 people and injured 3 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Pilsen-area historical earthquake activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 96% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 241.3 miles away from the city center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 252.9 miles away from Pilsen center
On 10/20/1995 at 15:57:18, a magnitude 3.7 (3.7 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 277.6 miles away from the city center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 431.4 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 370.8 miles away from Pilsen center
On 2/9/1994 at 08:45:35, a magnitude 3.1 (3.1 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 213.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Bayfield County (8) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 6
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 6, Storms: 4, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Pilsen:
- MEMORIAL MED CTR Critical Access Hospitals (about 14 miles away; ASHLAND, WI)
- GOLDEN LIVINGCENTER-COURT MANOR (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; ASHLAND, WI)
- ASHLAND HEALTH AND REHAB CTR (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; ASHLAND, WI)
- REGIONAL HSPC SVCS (Hospital, about 14 miles away; ASHLAND, WI)
- FMC DIALYSIS - CHEQUAMEGON BAY (Dialysis Facility, about 14 miles away; ASHLAND, WI)
- BAY AREA HLTH (Home Health Center, about 14 miles away; ASHLAND, WI)
- ASHLAND CO HOME HEALTH (Home Health Center, about 15 miles away; ASHLAND, WI)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Pilsen:
- University of Wisconsin-Superior (about 45 miles; Superior, WI; Full-time enrollment: 2,302)
- University of Minnesota-Duluth (about 47 miles; Duluth, MN; FT enrollment: 10,612)
- The College of Saint Scholastica (about 48 miles; Duluth, MN; FT enrollment: 3,762)
- Lake Superior College (about 49 miles; Duluth, MN; FT enrollment: 3,768)
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (about 67 miles; Shell Lake, WI; FT enrollment: 2,414)
- University of Wisconsin-Stout (about 122 miles; Menomonie, WI; FT enrollment: 8,120)
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (about 124 miles; Eau Claire, WI; FT enrollment: 10,143)
Lakes: Sawdust Lake (A), Twin Lakes (B), Honey Lake (C), Lake Louise (D), Mirror Lake (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creek: Pine Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 46.7. This is significantly better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 29.5. This is about average. Closest monitor was 24.9 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2004 was 8.10. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 22.8 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 4.49. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 24.9 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.1 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 2.0% of all households
- Gay men: 1.0% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Pilsen town (based on Bayfield County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Bayfield County:||3.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Bayfield County:||8.63 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||26.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
5.52% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($49,643 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Ashland County, WI||0.88% ($28,127 average AGI)|
|from Douglas County, WI||0.58% ($40,111)|
|from St. Louis County, MN||0.26% ($37,500)|
4.70% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,601 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Pilsen:
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WDSM (710 AM; 10 kW; SUPERIOR, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WWJC (850 AM; daytime; 10 kW; DULUTH, MN; Owner: WWJC, INC.)
- WJMS (590 AM; 5 kW; IRONWOOD, MI; Owner: ROBERTS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KDAL (610 AM; 5 kW; DULUTH, MN; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WHSM (910 AM; 5 kW; HAYWARD, WI; Owner: QB BROADCASTING, LTD.)
- WATW (1400 AM; 1 kW; ASHLAND, WI; Owner: BAY BROADCASTING)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- KSTP (1500 AM; 50 kW; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: KSTP-AM, LLC (DELAWARE))
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- KFAN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Pilsen:
- WNXR (107.3 FM; IRON RIVER, WI; Owner: GERALD J. HACKMAN)
- WEGZ (105.9 FM; WASHBURN, WI; Owner: KEWEENAW BAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WJJH (96.7 FM; ASHLAND, WI; Owner: BAY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WHSA (89.9 FM; BRULE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WBSZ (93.3 FM; ASHLAND, WI; Owner: GERALD JAMES HACKMAN)
TV broadcast stations around Pilsen:
- WAST-LP (Channel 25; ASHLAND, WI; Owner: RESOURCE RECOVERY OF WISCONSIN, INC.)
- W45CI (Channel 45; ASHLAND, WI; Owner: KQDS ACQUISITION CORP.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 2Number of bridges
- 5m16ftTotal length
- 200Total average daily traffic
- 230Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (57%)
- Wood (23%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (12%)
- Electricity (8%)
Pilsen compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.