Pine City, Minnesota
Pine City: Pine City's Park off the Main Street.
Pine City: The Main Street in Pine City, MN.
Pine City: Catholic Church
Pine City: Corner Store, Downtown
Pine City: POST OFFICE
Pine City: Welcome Sign
Pine City: The famous Voyageur Statue at Voyageur Park on the Snake River (Downtown Pine City)
Pine City: Pine County Courthouse
Pine City: Local Newspaper Pine City Pioneer Newspaper office.
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||49.0 years|
|Minnesota median age:||37.9 years|
Zip codes: 55063.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $21,419 (it was $16,802 in 2000)
Pine City city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $127,744 (it was $80,200 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $156,316; Detached houses: $172,742; Townhouses or other attached units: $100,830; Mobile homes: $61,191
Median gross rent in 2016: $653.
Races in Pine City, MN (2016)
- 2,89493.2%White alone
- 521.7%Black alone
- 280.9%Two or more races
- 230.7%Asian alone
- 110.4%American Indian alone
- 90.3%Other race alone
|Pine City Road Test (0 replies)|
|What's up with the 65 corridor from Blaine to Cambridge? (10 replies)|
|Where did all the Embers go? (23 replies)|
|Minnesota vs. Oregon! I love MN so far! (38 replies)|
|The Minnesota Weather Thread (1363 replies)|
|Nurse moving to Pine City looking for work (6 replies)|
Latest news from Pine City, MN collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (28.3%), Swedish (11.5%), American (11.1%), Norwegian (9.5%), English (2.8%), Polish (2.8%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 950 feet
Land area: 2.83 square miles.
Population density: 1,088 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Pine City:
- High school or higher: 86.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 17.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.9%
- Unemployed: 5.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 26.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Pine City city:
- Never married: 29.6%
- Now married: 40.8%
- Separated: 2.6%
- Widowed: 7.4%
- Divorced: 19.6%
83 residents are foreign born (1.0% Europe, 0.7% Latin America).
According to our research of Minnesota and other state lists there were 2 registered sex offenders living in Pine City, Minnesota as of December 14, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Pine City to the number of sex offenders is 1,553 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $1,509 (1.2%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $1,464 (1.2%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Coon Rapids, MN (48.2 miles , pop. 61,607).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Paul, MN (60.8 miles , pop. 287,151).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (381.6 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Rock Creek, MN (2.3 miles ), Henriette, MN (2.8 miles) , Grasston, MN (3.0 miles) , Rush City, MN (3.1 miles ), Brook Park, MN (3.1 miles) , Quamba, MN (3.4 miles) , Braham, MN (3.5 miles ), Hinckley, MN (3.6 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 7 buildings, average cost: $100,600
- 1998: 4 buildings, average cost: $108,000
- 1999: 2 buildings, average cost: $116,500
- 2000: 2 buildings, average cost: $144,000
- 2001: 5 buildings, average cost: $115,800
- 2002: 1 building, cost: $149,900
- 2003: 8 buildings, average cost: $188,700
- 2004: 19 buildings, average cost: $113,800
- 2005: 17 buildings, average cost: $132,200
- 2006: 17 buildings, average cost: $132,800
- 2007: 8 buildings, average cost: $110,900
- 2008: 3 buildings, average cost: $115,700
- 2009: 1 building, cost: $190,000
- 2010: 7 buildings, average cost: $112,000
- 2011: 3 buildings, average cost: $130,000
- 2012: 3 buildings, average cost: $90,000
- 2013: 1 building, cost: $90,600
- 2014: 6 buildings, average cost: $125,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 45.83 N, Longitude: 92.97 W
Area code: 320
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +354 (+13.2%).
- Construction (15%)
- Manufacturing (14%)
- Retail trade (14%)
- Other services, except public administration (10%)
- Public administration (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Transportation and warehousing (7%)
- Retail trade (19%)
- Health care and social assistance (18%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (17%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (8%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Transportation occupations (22%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (13%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (9%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (8%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (7%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (6%)
- Production occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (16%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (14%)
- Sales and related occupations (12%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (11%)
- Health technologists and technicians (8%)
- Transportation occupations (6%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (4%)
Average climate in Pine City, Minnesota
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Pine City-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Minnesota state average. It is 16% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/21/1957, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 8.9 miles away from the Pine City city center injured 2 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 6/18/2001, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 15.8 miles away from the city center killed 2 people and injured 16 people and caused $10 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Pine City-area historical earthquake activity is below Minnesota state average. It is 93% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 148.6 miles away from the city center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 160.7 miles away from Pine City center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 333.8 miles away from the city center
On 10/20/1995 at 15:57:18, a magnitude 3.7 (3.7 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 187.7 miles away from the city center
On 2/9/1994 at 08:45:35, a magnitude 3.1 (3.1 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 113.9 miles away from Pine City center
On 11/3/2002 at 20:41:56, a magnitude 4.3 (4.3 MB, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 361.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Pine County (10) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 7
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 7, Storms: 4, Drought: 1, Fire: 1, Hurricane: 1, Tornado: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Ben Boo - Politician, Rube Walberg - Baseball player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Pine City:
College/University in Pine City:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Pine City:
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College (about 49 miles; Coon Rapids, MN; Full-time enrollment: 5,918)
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (about 52 miles; Shell Lake, WI; FT enrollment: 2,414)
- North Hennepin Community College (about 54 miles; Brooklyn Park, MN; FT enrollment: 4,943)
- Bethel University (about 55 miles; Saint Paul, MN; FT enrollment: 4,061)
- Century College (about 55 miles; White Bear Lake, MN; FT enrollment: 7,393)
- Hennepin Technical College (about 55 miles; Brooklyn Park, MN; FT enrollment: 4,515)
- University of Northwestern-St Paul (about 56 miles; Saint Paul, MN; FT enrollment: 2,680)
Public high schools in Pine City:
Public elementary/middle school in Pine City:
- PINE CITY ELEMENTARY (Location: 700 6TH AVE SW, Grades: PK-6)
Private elementary/middle school in Pine City:
Notable locations in Pine City: Pine City (A), Pine County Fairgrounds (B), FirstLight Health System Pine City Clinic (C), Pine County Sheriffs Office (D), Pine City Police Department (E), Pine County Courthouse (F), Pine City Fire Department (G), Pine City Library (H), Pine City City Hall (I), Rural School Museum (J). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Center: Evergreen Square Shopping Mall (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Pine City include: Grace Baptist Church (A), Hustletown Community Church (B), Our Redeemer Lutheran Church (C), Pine City Evangelical Free Church (D), Immaculate Conception Church (E), Pine City and Brook Park United Methodist Church (F), First Presbyterian Church (G), Zion Lutheran Church (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Calvary Cemetery (1), Birchwood Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes: Squaw Lake (A), Devils Lake (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Pine City include: Pine City Historical Marker (1), Chengwatana Historical Marker (2), Meadow Ridge Park (3), Woodpecker Ridge Park (4), Riverside Park (5), Chaleen Park (6), Robinson Park (7), West Side Park and City Beach (8). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: National Park Service Maintenance Shop (Recreation Areas; 15975 State Highway 70).
Hotels: Gail Motel (1100 Main Street South), Schwartzwald Motel (920 Main Street South).
Court: Pine County Court Administrator (315 Main Street).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2001 was 28.8. This is significantly better than average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2001 was 0.194. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 13.1 miles away from the city center.
(21.3% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 100.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 59.1% for other race residents, 63.6% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.5% of all households
People in group quarters in Pine City in 2010:
- 104 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 53 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 11 people in group homes intended for adults
People in group quarters in Pine City in 2000:
- 88 people in nursing homes
- 40 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 6 people in homes for the mentally retarded
Banks with branches in Pine City (2011 data):
- Frandsen Bank & Trust: Pine City Branch at 560 East Third Avenue, branch established on 1896/12/03. Info updated 2012/03/26: Bank assets: $1,439.6 mil, Deposits: $1,194.5 mil, headquarters in Lonsdale, MN, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 38 total offices, Holding Company: Frandsen Financial Corporation
- Stearns Bank National Association: Pine City Branch at 600 Hillside Avenue Sw, branch established on 1915/06/01. Info updated 2012/03/26: Bank assets: $1,174.7 mil, Deposits: $854.9 mil, headquarters in Saint Cloud, MN, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 13 total offices, Holding Company: Stearns Financial Services, Inc. Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- U.S. Bank National Association: Pine City Branch at 625 Hillside Avenue, branch established on 1901/01/01. Info updated 2012/01/30: Bank assets: $330,470.8 mil, Deposits: $236,091.5 mil, headquarters in Cincinnati, OH, positive income, 3121 total offices, Holding Company: U.S. Bancorp
- Northwoods Bank of Minnesota: Pine City Branch at 1015 Hillside Avenue Sw, branch established on 1998/06/30. Info updated 2011/07/21: Bank assets: $109.8 mil, Deposits: $92.0 mil, headquarters in Park Rapids, MN, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 5 total offices
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Pine City city (based on Pine County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Pine County:||2.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|Minnesota:||1.83 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pine County:||0.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Minnesota:||0.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pine County:||7.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.90 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.98 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Pine City, MN Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2013)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||4||$19,886||$59,658||5||$1,329|
|Streets and Highways||4||$11,464||$34,392||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||0||$0||7||$2,017|
|Other and Unallocable||2||$7,386||$44,316||6||$5,514|
|Totals for Government||15||$58,091||$46,473||43||$14,389|
Pine City government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Regular Highways: $1,947,000 ($632.96)
- Current Operations - Liquor Stores: $1,347,000 ($437.91)
Regular Highways: $389,000 ($126.46)
Financial Administration: $345,000 ($112.16)
Sewerage: $243,000 ($79.00)
General - Other: $221,000 ($71.85)
Police Protection: $143,000 ($46.49)
Water Utilities: $140,000 ($45.51)
Fire Protection: $132,000 ($42.91)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $94,000 ($30.56)
Parks & Recreation: $82,000 ($26.66)
Central Staff Services: $20,000 ($6.50)
Libraries: $4,000 ($1.30)
Air Transportation: $1,000 ($0.33)
- General - Interest on Debt: $81,000 ($26.33)
- Other Capital Outlay - Regular Highways: $729,000 ($237.00)
Liquor Stores: $30,000 ($9.75)
Sewerage: $29,000 ($9.43)
Water Utilities: $10,000 ($3.25)
General - Other: $5,000 ($1.63)
Fire Protection: $2,000 ($0.65)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $491,000 ($159.62)
Pine City government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - All Other: $302,000 ($98.18)
Sewerage: $272,000 ($88.43)
Regular Highways: $3,000 ($0.98)
Parks & Recreation: $2,000 ($0.65)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $8,000 ($2.60)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $149,000 ($48.44)
General Revenue, NEC: $85,000 ($27.63)
Special Assessments: $18,000 ($5.85)
- Revenue - Liquor Stores: $1,436,000 ($466.84)
Water Utilities: $193,000 ($62.74)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $533,000 ($173.28)
All Other: $47,000 ($15.28)
- Tax - Property: $463,000 ($150.52)
NEC: $103,000 ($33.49)
Public Utilities: $13,000 ($4.23)
Pine City government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $1,302,000 ($423.28)
- Long Term Debt Issue, Unspecified - Other NEC: $2,595,000 ($843.63)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $1,127,000 ($366.38)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $2,686,000 ($873.21)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $84,000 ($27.31)
Pine City government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Bond Fund - Cash & Deposits: $1,674,000 ($544.21)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $4,113,000 ($1337.13)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $237,000 ($77.05)
5.99% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($31,765 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Chisago County, MN||0.56% ($26,190 average AGI)|
|from Carlton County, MN||0.53% ($35,400)|
|from Kanabec County, MN||0.45% ($27,404)|
6.43% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,815 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Pine City:
- WCMP (1350 AM; 1 kW; PINE CITY, MN; Owner: QUEST BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- KSTP (1500 AM; 50 kW; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: KSTP-AM, LLC (DELAWARE))
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- KTIS (900 AM; 25 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: NORTHWESTERN COLLEGE)
- KFAN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WBHR (660 AM; 10 kW; SAUK RAPIDS, MN; Owner: HERBERT M. HOPPE)
- WDGY (630 AM; 8 kW; HUDSON, WI; Owner: 630 RADIO, INCORPORATED)
- WDSM (710 AM; 10 kW; SUPERIOR, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WWJC (850 AM; daytime; 10 kW; DULUTH, MN; Owner: WWJC, INC.)
- KPRM (870 AM; 25 kW; PARK RAPIDS, MN; Owner: DE LA HUNT BROADCASTING CORP.)
- KUOM (770 AM; daytime; 5 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN)
Strongest FM radio stations in Pine City:
- WCMP-FM (100.9 FM; PINE CITY, MN; Owner: QUARNSTROM MEDIA GROUP, LLC)
- KBEK (95.5 FM; MORA, MN; Owner: JOHN JAMES GODFREY)
- KJZI (100.3 FM; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WGVY (105.3 FM; CAMBRIDGE, MN; Owner: KQRS, INC.)
- WXCX (105.7 FM; SIREN, WI; Owner: QUARNSTROM MEDIA GROUP, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Pine City:
- KPXM (Channel 41; ST. CLOUD, MN; Owner: PAXSON MINNEAPOLIS LICENSE, INC.)
- W24CL (Channel 24; GRANTSBURG, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 7Number of bridges
- 44m144ftTotal length
- 55,884Total average daily traffic
- 3,009Total average daily truck traffic
Drinking water stations with addresses in Pine City and their reported violations in the past:CROSS LAKE HOUSING DEVELOPMENT (Population served: 150, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - Between APR-2009 and JUN-2009, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Formal NOV issued (MAY-22-2009), St Tech Assistance Visit (MAY-22-2009), St Compliance Meeting conducted (MAY-22-2009), St Public Notif requested (MAY-22-2009), St Public Notif received (JUN-01-2009), St Compliance achieved (JUN-05-2009)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - Between OCT-2007 and DEC-2007, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Tech Assistance Visit (NOV-06-2007), St Formal NOV issued (NOV-06-2007), St Compliance Meeting conducted (NOV-06-2007), St Public Notif requested (NOV-06-2007), St Public Notif received (NOV-13-2007), St Compliance achieved (NOV-20-2007)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 58
- Hazardous Condition: 15
- Good Intent Call: 2
Incident types - Pine City
|Most common first names in Pine City, MN among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Pine City, MN among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (79%)
- Electricity (14%)
- Other fuel (4%)
- Wood (1%)
- No fuel used (1%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (0%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (0%)
|Businesses in Pine City, MN|
Pine City compared to Minnesota state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
Total of 23 patent applications in 2008-2018.