Pine Valley, Wisconsin
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||44.5 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54456.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $29,570 (it was $18,736 in 2000)
Pine Valley town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $136,223 (it was $80,400 in 2000)
Races in Pine Valley, WI (2010)
- 1,11095.9%White alone
- 141.2%American Indian alone
- 70.6%Two or more races
- 60.5%Asian alone
- 20.2%Black alone
- 10.09%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
Ancestries: German (57.9%), Irish (9.2%), English (8.9%), Norwegian (8.2%), United States (4.9%), Polish (3.7%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 33.3 square miles.
Population density: 35 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Pine Valley:
- High school or higher: 81.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 9.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.0%
- Unemployed: 5.9%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 18.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Pine Valley town:
- Never married: 21.1%
- Now married: 60.3%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 8.6%
- Divorced: 8.7%
19 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Pine Valley town:||2.0% ($1,601)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Eau Claire, WI (46.8 miles , pop. 61,704).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Madison, WI (119.0 miles , pop. 208,054).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (239.0 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Neillsville, WI (1.0 miles ), Hewett, WI (2.3 miles ), Levis, WI (2.4 miles ), Granton, WI (2.8 miles ), York, WI (2.8 miles ), Seif, WI (3.0 miles ), Dewhurst, WI (3.0 miles ), Hatfield, WI (3.3 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 6 buildings, average cost: $108,000
- 1998: 8 buildings, average cost: $85,400
- 1999: 8 buildings, average cost: $85,400
- 2000: 7 buildings, average cost: $85,400
- 2001: 10 buildings, average cost: $142,000
- 2002: 15 buildings, average cost: $159,300
- 2003: 16 buildings, average cost: $159,300
- 2004: 16 buildings, average cost: $159,300
- 2005: 15 buildings, average cost: $159,300
- 2006: 9 buildings, average cost: $137,400
- 2007: 5 buildings, average cost: $217,000
- 2008: 4 buildings, average cost: $181,500
- 2009: 3 buildings, average cost: $66,300
- 2010: 4 buildings, average cost: $198,800
- 2011: 3 buildings, average cost: $165,300
- 2013: 1 building, cost: $165,000
- 2014: 2 buildings, average cost: $116,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 44.55 N, Longitude: 90.61 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 715
Unemployment by year (%)
- Transportation equipment (14%)
- Construction (10%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (9%)
- Machinery (8%)
- Truck transportation (5%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (5%)
- Repair and maintenance (4%)
- Health care (20%)
- Food and beverage stores (15%)
- Educational services (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Electrical equipment, appliances, and components (4%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (4%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (13%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (8%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (7%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (5%)
- Farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (4%)
- Cashiers (8%)
- Food and beverage serving workers except waiters/waitresses (7%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (7%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (5%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (5%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (4%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (4%)
Average climate in Pine Valley, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Pine Valley-area historical tornado activity is near Wisconsin state average. It is 8% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/4/1958, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 35.5 miles away from the Pine Valley town center killed 4 people and injured 3 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 5/26/1959, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 14.7 miles away from the town center injured 2 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Pine Valley-area historical earthquake activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 96% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 275.8 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 230.9 miles away from Pine Valley center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 287.7 miles away from the city center
On 9/2/1999 at 16:17:29, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 204.8 miles away from the city center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 435.1 miles away from Pine Valley center
On 7/12/1986 at 08:19:37, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 422.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Clark County (11) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 9, Storms: 8, Tornadoes: 3, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Pine Valley:
- Mid-State Technical College (about 43 miles; Wisconsin Rapids, WI; Full-time enrollment: 2,128)
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (about 47 miles; Eau Claire, WI; FT enrollment: 10,143)
- Chippewa Valley Technical College (about 47 miles; Eau Claire, WI; FT enrollment: 4,038)
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (about 52 miles; Stevens Point, WI; FT enrollment: 9,089)
- Northcentral Technical College (about 57 miles; Wausau, WI; FT enrollment: 3,356)
- University of Wisconsin-La Crosse (about 60 miles; La Crosse, WI; FT enrollment: 9,837)
- Western Technical College (about 60 miles; La Crosse, WI; FT enrollment: 3,377)
Notable locations in Pine Valley: Neillsville Wastewater Treatment Facility (A), Neillsville Municipal Ambulance Service (B), Neillsville Area Fire Department (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Pine Valley include: Assembly of God Church (A), Bible Baptist Church (B), Calvary Lutheran Church (C), Kingdom Hall of Jehovahs Witnesses (D), Living Hope Evangelical Church (E), Saint Johns Evangelical Lutheran Church (F), Saint Marys Catholic Church (G), Zion Church (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Neillsville City Cemetery (1), North Pine Valley Cemetery (2), Saint Marys Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creeks: Jack Creek (A), Spooner Creek (B), Cawley Creek (C), O'Neill Creek (D), Cunningham Creek (E), Conlan Creek (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Pine Valley include: Clark County Fairgrounds (1), Fountain Park (2), Listeman Arboretum (3), Marguerite Listeman Park (4), Northside Park (5), Schuster Park (6), Tock Memorial Field (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Pine Valley town (based on Clark County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Clark County:||2.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Clark County:||5.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
4.70% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,517 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Wood County, WI||0.69% ($34,212 average AGI)|
|from Marathon County, WI||0.57% ($34,786)|
|from Taylor County, WI||0.36% ($34,909)|
5.62% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,314 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Pine Valley:
- WCCN (1370 AM; 5 kW; NEILLSVILLE, WI; Owner: CENTRAL WISCONSIN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WLBL (930 AM; 5 kW; AUBURNDALE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WAYY (790 AM; 5 kW; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WMEQ (880 AM; 10 kW; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WRIG (1390 AM; 10 kW; SCHOFIELD, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WFHR (1320 AM; 5 kW; WISCONSIN RAPIDS, WI; Owner: WISCONSIN RAPIDS BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KFAN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Pine Valley:
- WCCN-FM (107.5 FM; NEILLSVILLE, WI; Owner: CENTRAL WISCONSIN B/CG INC.)
- WAXX (104.5 FM; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- WGLX-FM (103.3 FM; WISCONSIN RAPIDS, WI; Owner: WISCONSIN RAPIDS BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WLJY (106.5 FM; MARSHFIELD, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WWIS-FM (99.7 FM; BLACK RIVER FALLS, WI; Owner: WWIS RADIO, INC.)
- WOSQ (92.3 FM; SPENCER, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Pine Valley:
- WEAU-TV (Channel 13; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: WEAU LICENSEE CORP.)
- WDLS-LP (Channel 35; TOMAH, WI; Owner: MAGNUM RADIO, INC.)
- WKBT (Channel 8; LA CROSSE, WI; Owner: QUEENB TELEVISION, LLC)
- W24BV (Channel 24; WHITING, WI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 9Number of bridges
- 23m75ftTotal length
- $315,000Total costs
- 9,615Total average daily traffic
- 764Total average daily truck traffic
- 13,125Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (41%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (19%)
- Wood (19%)
- Utility gas (12%)
- Electricity (10%)
Pine Valley compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.