|Median resident age:||42.0 years|
|New York median age:||40.7 years|
Zip codes: 13136.
Pitcher town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $57,377 (it was $38,900 in 2000)
- White alone - 759 (94.5%)
- Hispanic - 30 (3.7%)
- Black alone - 6 (0.7%)
- Two or more races - 6 (0.7%)
- American Indian alone - 2 (0.2%)
|15 questions about the Thruway cities (238 replies)|
|Roughest looking street corner in NYC courtesy of Google Street Views (726 replies)|
|Why is the UES so " dry" ?? (58 replies)|
|Relocating for work, is Syracuse as racist/segregated as the net makes it seem? (78 replies)|
|Neighborhood vs. neighborhood (12 replies)|
|Me again....condo in Syracuse suburbs??? (39 replies)|
Latest news from Pitcher, NY collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (17.1%), English (12.5%), Irish (9.3%), Dutch (8.7%), United States (8.4%), Polish (6.4%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Land area: 28.5 square miles.
|Population density: 28 people per square mile||(very low).|
For population 25 years and over in Pitcher:
- High school or higher: 75.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 8.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.3%
- Unemployed: 10.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 38.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Pitcher town:
- Never married: 30.5%
- Now married: 55.8%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 3.2%
- Divorced: 9.4%
9 residents are foreign born
According to our research of New York and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Pitcher, New York as of January 25, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Pitcher to the number of sex offenders is 849 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Pitcher town:||3.0% ($1,185)|
|New York:||1.9% ($2,847)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Syracuse, NY (34.5 miles , pop. 147,306).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Rochester, NY (98.1 miles , pop. 219,773).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (158.1 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Taylor, NY (2.1 miles ), Pharsalia, NY (2.2 miles ), Lincklaen, NY (2.4 miles ), Cincinnatus, NY (2.6 miles ), German, NY (2.8 miles ), Otselic, NY (2.8 miles ), McDonough, NY (3.0 miles ), Solon, NY (3.1 miles ).
Latitude: 42.60 N, Longitude: 75.83 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 607
- Construction (23%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (11%)
- Truck transportation (8%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Metal and metal products (5%)
- Repair and maintenance (4%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Educational services (17%)
- Health care (13%)
- Textile mills and textile products (10%)
- Social assistance (9%)
- Computer and electronic products (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (6%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (11%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (6%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (6%)
- Farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Supervisors of construction and extraction workers (5%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (5%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (8%)
- Child care workers (8%)
- Textile, apparel, and furnishings workers (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (5%)
- Health technologists and technicians (4%)
Average climate in Pitcher, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Pitcher-area historical tornado activity is slightly below New York state average. It is 69% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/14/1989, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 7.8 miles away from the Pitcher town center killed 2 people and injured 3 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 5/31/1998, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 37.8 miles away from the town center injured 3 people and caused $800,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Pitcher-area historical earthquake activity is near New York state average. It is 87% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 119.9 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi) earthquake occurred 168.1 miles away from Pitcher center
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 246.5 miles away from the city center
On 1/16/1994 at 01:49:16, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 157.5 miles away from the city center
On 6/17/1991 at 08:53:16, a magnitude 4.1 (4.0 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 58.9 miles away from Pitcher center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 222.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Chenango County (16) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 10
Emergencies Declared: 6
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 7, Floods: 5, Snowstorms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Power Outage: 1, Tornado: 1, Tropical Depression: 1, Tropical Storm: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Pitcher:
- SUNY College at Cortland (about 19 miles; Cortland, NY; Full-time enrollment: 6,838)
- Colgate University (about 22 miles; Hamilton, NY; FT enrollment: 3,094)
- Morrisville State College (about 24 miles; Morrisville, NY; FT enrollment: 2,823)
- Tompkins Cortland Community College (about 25 miles; Dryden, NY; FT enrollment: 3,884)
- SUNY Broome Community College (about 33 miles; Binghamton, NY; FT enrollment: 4,969)
- Le Moyne College (about 34 miles; Syracuse, NY; FT enrollment: 3,041)
- Onondaga Community College (about 34 miles; Syracuse, NY; FT enrollment: 8,920)
Notable location: Ufford Corners (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Soper Cemetery (1), Pitcher Congregational Church Cemetery (2), North Pitcher Cemetery (3), Ufford Cemetery (4), Brakel Valley Churchyard Cemetery (5), Pink Cemetery (6), Hinman Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Glading Brook (A), Glen Brook (B), Mud Creek (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2011 was 55.0. This is better than average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2011 was 0.588. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 9.2 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2011 was 30.6. This is about average. Closest monitor was 9.2 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Pitcher that have no violations reported:
- CORTLAND BIBLE CLUB CAMP (Population served: 100, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
|This town:||2.6 people|
|New York:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Pitcher compared to New York state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (73%)
- Wood (13%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (9%)
- Electricity (3%)
- Coal or coke (1%)
- Utility gas (1%)
Religion statistics for Pitcher town (based on Chenango County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 35.55%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||United Methodist Church||Episcopal Church||United Church of Christ||General Association of Regular Baptist Churches|
|Name||American Baptist Churches in the USA||LDS (Mormon) Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Chenango County:||2.54 / 10,000 pop.|
|New York:||4.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|Chenango County:||0.39 / 10,000 pop.|
|New York:||0.92 / 10,000 pop.|
|Chenango County:||5.87 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.68 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.82 / 10,000 pop.|
5.51% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 200530,896 ($ average adjusted gross income)
|New York average:||5.41%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
|from Broome County, NY||0.88% ($28,041 average AGI)|
|from Otsego County, NY||0.65% ($24,360)|
|from Delaware County, NY||0.56% ($31,093)|
5.54% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 200630,717 ($ average adjusted gross income)
|New York average:||6.26%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Pitcher:
- WSYR (570 AM; 5 kW; SYRACUSE, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WHCU (870 AM; 5 kW; ITHACA, NY; Owner: EAGLE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WINR (680 AM; 5 kW; BINGHAMTON, NY; Owner: CLEVELAND RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WHEN (620 AM; 5 kW; SYRACUSE, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WNBF (1290 AM; 9 kW; BINGHAMTON, NY; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WHAM (1180 AM; 50 kW; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WNSS (1260 AM; 5 kW; SYRACUSE, NY; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WKRT (920 AM; 1 kW; CORTLAND, NY; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WPTR (1540 AM; 50 kW; ALBANY, NY; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WWJZ (640 AM; 50 kW; MOUNT HOLLY, NJ; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WCHN (970 AM; 1 kW; NORWICH, NY; Owner: BANJO COMMUNICATIONS GROUP, INC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Pitcher:
- WIII (99.9 FM; CORTLAND, NY; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBKT (95.3 FM; NORWICH, NY; Owner: BANJO COMMUNICATIONS GROUP, INC)
- WKXZ (93.9 FM; NORWICH, NY; Owner: BANJO COMMUNICATIONS GROUP, INC)
- WWDG (105.1 FM; DERUYTER, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WHWK (98.1 FM; BINGHAMTON, NY; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WYXL (97.3 FM; ITHACA, NY; Owner: EAGLE BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WCNY-FM (91.3 FM; SYRACUSE, NY; Owner: THE PUB. B/C COUNC. OF CEN. NY, INC.)
- WXHC (101.5 FM; HOMER, NY; Owner: EVES BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNTQ (93.1 FM; SYRACUSE, NY; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WAAL (99.1 FM; BINGHAMTON, NY; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WSKG-FM (89.3 FM; BINGHAMTON, NY; Owner: WSKG PUB.TELECOMMUNICATIONS COUNCIL)
- WSQX-FM (91.5 FM; BINGHAMTON, NY; Owner: WSKG PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS CNCL.)
- WMHR (102.9 FM; SYRACUSE, NY; Owner: MARS HILL BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WMXW (103.3 FM; VESTAL, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WYYY (94.5 FM; SYRACUSE, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WPHR (106.9 FM; AUBURN, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WMCR-FM (106.3 FM; ONEIDA, NY; Owner: WARREN BROADCASTING CO. INC.)
- W251AK (98.1 FM; NEDROW, NY; Owner: PATHWAY COMMUNITY RADIO, INC.)
- WKGB-FM (92.5 FM; CONKLIN, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WWYL (104.1 FM; CHENANGO BRIDGE, NY; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around Pitcher:
- WIXT-TV (Channel 9; SYRACUSE, NY; Owner: CENTRAL NY NEWS, INC.)
- WCNY-TV (Channel 24; SYRACUSE, NY; Owner: PUBLIC BROADCASTING COUNCIL OF CENTRAL NEW YORK)
- WSTM-TV (Channel 3; SYRACUSE, NY; Owner: WSTM LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, INC.)
- WSYT (Channel 68; SYRACUSE, NY; Owner: WSYT LICENSEE L.P.)
- WNYS-TV (Channel 43; SYRACUSE, NY; Owner: RKM MEDIA, INC.)
- WTVH (Channel 5; SYRACUSE, NY; Owner: WTVH LICENSE, INC.)
- WFXV (Channel 33; UTICA, NY; Owner: QUORUM OF UTICA LICENSE, LLC)
- WSKG-TV (Channel 46; BINGHAMTON, NY; Owner: WSKG PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COUNCIL)
- WICZ-TV (Channel 40; BINGHAMTON, NY; Owner: STAINLESS BROADCASTING, L.P.)
- WBNG-TV (Channel 12; BINGHAMTON, NY; Owner: TELEVISION STATION GROUP LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
Pitcher fatal accident list:
Jan 25, 1999 03:30 PM, Sr-26, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
Apr 25, 1998 05:20 PM, Sr-26, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1
Total length: 23 meters (75ft)
Total costs: $16,294,000
Total average daily traffic: 6,070
Total average daily truck traffic: 419
Total future (year 2029) average daily traffic: 8,384
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:3
- Call Sign: KE2DY, Licensee ID: L01298975
Grant Date: 06/27/2007, Expiration Date: 09/24/2017, Certifier: Roger A Rice
Registrant: Roger A Rice, Box 63, Pitcher, NY 13136
- Call Sign: N2HVX, Previous Call Sign: KA2KHY
Grant Date: 01/19/1988, Expiration Date: 01/19/1998, Cancellation Date: 01/20/2000
Registrant: Donna L Rice, Box 63, Pitcher, NY 13136
- Call Sign: KC2PZE, Licensee ID: L01178870
Grant Date: 08/04/2006, Expiration Date: 08/04/2016, Certifier: Stuart L Schutta
Registrant: Stuart L Schutta, 329 Cook Rd, Pitcher, NY 13136
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 1
- Hazardous Condition: 1
|Most common first names in Pitcher, NY among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Pitcher, NY among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|