Plymouth, North Carolina
Plymouth: The Albemarle sank here
Plymouth: Roanoke River & Pulp Mill as it appeared in 1986
Plymouth: Plymouth Dock
Plymouth: My Grandfather's home where I lived (Herman Jackson) on Hwy 64, he built this in the early 1950s
Plymouth: Light House
Plymouth: Water Front
Plymouth: Washington Ave.
Plymouth: Tobaco barns used to be in every field, now they are a vanishing breed. This photo was taken on Hwy 64 in 2006
Plymouth: CSS Albemarle Plymouth NC
Plymouth: The farm house I lived in with my grandparents on Hwy 64, Vernis Hays, finally burned in 1963. He was the County Veternarian for many years. When he died the Beacon had a front page writeup & he was given a large Masonic funeral.
Submit your own pictures of this town and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||48.0 years|
|North Carolina median age:||37.9 years|
Zip codes: 27962.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $17,262 (it was $12,067 in 2000)
Plymouth town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $91,817 (it was $56,700 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $333.
Races in Plymouth, NC (2010)
- 2,64768.3%Black alone
- 1,11928.9%White alone
- 350.9%Two or more races
- 150.4%American Indian alone
- 150.4%Asian alone
- 20.05%Other race alone
|Greenville Area Developments (7233 replies)|
|First Time to OBX- Traffic Advice (22 replies)|
|Proposed I-795 Quad East loop (200 replies)|
|Need advice on the Plymouth, NC area (22 replies)|
|Road Construction/Projects in Coastal NC (11 replies)|
|Fascinating places/events/things to do in Eastern NC (37 replies)|
Latest news from Plymouth, NC collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Irish (6.2%), English (5.6%), United States (5.5%), German (5.3%), Italian (1.8%), Scottish (1.6%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 6 feet
Land area: 3.87 square miles.
Population density: 959 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Plymouth:
- High school or higher: 78.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 18.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.6%
- Unemployed: 11.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 23.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Plymouth town:
- Never married: 35.3%
- Now married: 41.8%
- Separated: 3.5%
- Widowed: 12.0%
- Divorced: 7.5%
14 residents are foreign born
According to our research of North Carolina and other state lists there were 20 registered sex offenders living in Plymouth, North Carolina as of October 20, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Plymouth to the number of sex offenders is 187 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $1,002 (1.1%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $674 (0.8%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Greenville, NC (39.4 miles , pop. 60,476).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Norfolk, VA (76.0 miles , pop. 234,403).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (299.3 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Roper, NC (2.7 miles ), Jamesville, NC (3.0 miles ), Windsor, NC (3.8 miles ), Edenton, NC (4.0 miles ), Williamston, NC (4.2 miles ), Pinetown, NC (4.3 miles) , Pantego, NC (4.4 miles) , Creswell, NC (4.5 miles ).
Latitude: 35.86 N, Longitude: 76.75 W
Area code: 252
|Crime rates in Plymouth by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 291.1)||577.5||730.3||763.5||572.1||807.3||770.7||787.0||611.3||345.1||365.8|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Plymouth detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||3.47|
|North Carolina average:||2.41|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -258 (-5.9%).
- Manufacturing (30%)
- Wholesale trade (14%)
- Public administration (13%)
- Other services, except public administration (8%)
- Retail trade (7%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Transportation and warehousing (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (25%)
- Educational services (16%)
- Accommodation and food services (15%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Manufacturing (10%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (6%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Production occupations (18%)
- Transportation occupations (15%)
- Sales and related occupations (13%)
- Material moving occupations (10%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (9%)
- Legal occupations (8%)
- Management occupations (6%)
- Management occupations (22%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (20%)
- Production occupations (10%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (8%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (8%)
- Health technologists and technicians (8%)
- Sales and related occupations (7%)
Average climate in Plymouth, North Carolina
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Plymouth-area historical tornado activity is near North Carolina state average. It is 7% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/28/1984, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 28.3 miles away from the Plymouth town center killed 16 people and injured 153 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 11/8/1957, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 17.1 miles away from the town center injured 5 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Plymouth-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below North Carolina state average. It is 88% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 12/9/2003 at 20:59:14, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB, 4.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 135.6 miles away from the city center
On 8/6/1994 at 19:54:09, a magnitude 3.8 (3.6 LG, 3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 54.8 miles away from Plymouth center
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB) earthquake occurred 281.9 miles away from the city center
On 5/5/2003 at 16:32:32, a magnitude 3.9 (3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 150.2 miles away from the city center
On 10/21/1998 at 05:56:47, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, 3.3 LG, Depth: 8.3 mi) earthquake occurred 138.4 miles away from Plymouth center
On 3/15/1991 at 06:54:08, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 10.9 mi) earthquake occurred 145.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Washington County (10) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 5
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 7, Fire: 1, Flood: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Storm: 1, Tropical Storm: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Jacklyn H. Lucas - Marine Corps Medal of Honor recipient, Aaron Anderson - Navy Medal of Honor recipient, Don Brown (author) - Thriller writer, Charles Bowser - Football player, J. B. Smoove - Actor, Joe Barber - College basketball player (NC Asheville Bulldogs).
Medal of Honor Recipients
Medal of Honor Recipient born in Plymouth: Jacklyn Harold Lucas.
Hospitals and medical centers in Plymouth:
- LIFE, INC OLD ROPER ROAD GROUP HOME (206 A OLD ROPER ROAD)
- LIFE, INC WILSON STREET GROUP HOME (1116 WILSON STREET EXTENSION)
- WASHINGTON COUNTY HOSP INC (Proprietary, 958 US HWY 64 EAST)
- ROANOKE LANDING NURSING AND REHABILITATION CENTER (1084 US 64 EAST)
- FMC DIALYSIS SERVICES PLYMOUTH (734 US HIGHWAY 64 EAST)
- ROANOKE HOME CARE HOSPICE (198 NC HWY. 45 NORTH)
Airports and heliports located in Plymouth:
- Plymouth Municipal Airport (PMZ) (Runways: 1, Air Taxi Ops: 275, Itinerant Ops: 3,000, Local Ops: 8,000, Military Ops: 2,000)
- Donald's Air Park Inc Airport (7NC) (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 200, Local Ops: 1,000)
- Washington County Hospital Heliport (0NC3)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Plymouth:
- East Carolina University (about 39 miles; Greenville, NC; Full-time enrollment: 23,943)
- Elizabeth City State University (about 42 miles; Elizabeth City, NC; FT enrollment: 2,803)
- Pitt Community College (about 43 miles; Winterville, NC; FT enrollment: 7,026)
- Edgecombe Community College (about 47 miles; Tarboro, NC; FT enrollment: 2,058)
- Craven Community College (about 56 miles; New Bern, NC; FT enrollment: 2,712)
- Lenoir Community College (about 64 miles; Kinston, NC; FT enrollment: 2,555)
- Nash Community College (about 65 miles; Rocky Mount, NC; FT enrollment: 2,520)
Public high school in Plymouth:
- PLYMOUTH HIGH (Location: 800 E MAIN ST, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle school in Plymouth:
- PINES ELEMENTARY (Location: 3177 US HWY 64E, Grades: PK-5)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- Why isn't Elizabeth City State University listed?
Notable locations in Plymouth: Pettigrew Regional Library and Washington County Library (A), Washington County Courthouse (B), Plumblee Nursing Center (C), Plymouth Police Department (D), Washington County Sheriff's Office (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Center: Plymouth Shopping Center (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Church in Plymouth: Plymouth Methodist Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Hotel: Budget Inn (990 USHighway 64 West).
Court: North Carolina State - Juvenile Court Counselor (116 Adams Street).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 72.5. This is about average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 0.265. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 0.5 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 27.4. This is about average. Closest monitor was 9.1 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 14.3. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 9.1 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 8.99. This is about average. Closest monitor was 9.1 miles away from the city center.
(11.4% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 43.8% for Black residents, 81.5% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 100.0% for other race residents)
|This town:||2.4 people|
|North Carolina:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.4% of all households
19 people in group homes intended for adults in 2010
People in group quarters in Plymouth in 2000:
- 117 people in nursing homes
- 25 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 22 people in homes for the mentally retarded
Banks with branches in Plymouth (2011 data):
- PNC Bank, National Association: Plymouth Branch at 201 East Water Street, branch established on 1953/12/10. Info updated 2012/03/20: Bank assets: $263,309.6 mil, Deposits: $197,343.0 mil, headquarters in Wilmington, DE, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 3085 total offices, Holding Company: Pnc Financial Services Group, Inc., The
- Bank of Hampton Roads: Plymouth Branch at 433 U.S. Highway 64, branch established on 1997/08/15. Info updated 2009/05/20: Bank assets: $1,899.1 mil, Deposits: $1,581.4 mil, headquarters in Norfolk, VA, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 47 total offices, Holding Company: Capgen Capital Group Vi Lp
- Southern Bank and Trust Company: Plymouth Branch at 612 Washington Street, branch established on 1982/03/10. Info updated 2011/09/26: Bank assets: $2,039.8 mil, Deposits: $1,658.5 mil, headquarters in Mount Olive, NC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 66 total offices, Holding Company: Southern Bancshares (N.C.), Inc.
- Branch Banking and Trust Company: Plymouth Main Branch at 102 West Main Street, branch established on 1935/01/29. Info updated 2010/03/29: Bank assets: $168,867.6 mil, Deposits: $127,549.5 mil, headquarters in Winston Salem, NC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1793 total offices, Holding Company: Bb&T Corporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
|North Carolina average:||12.4|
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Plymouth town (based on Washington County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Washington County:||3.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|North Carolina:||2.05 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washington County:||1.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|North Carolina:||0.92 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washington County:||7.00 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.00 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.57 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Plymouth, NC Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||8||$11,829||$17,744||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||13||$35,776||$33,024||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||2||$3,627||$21,762||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||2||$3,379||$20,274||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||1||$1,554||$18,648||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||39||$87,763||$27,004||0||$0|
Plymouth government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - General: $6,000 ($1.62)
Housing & Community Development: $1,000 ($0.27)
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $599,000 ($161.41)
Central Staff Services: $492,000 ($132.58)
Sewerage: $478,000 ($128.81)
Housing & Community Development: $456,000 ($122.88)
Regular Highways: $357,000 ($96.20)
Solid Waste Management: $294,000 ($79.22)
Water Utilities: $205,000 ($55.24)
Fire Protection: $125,000 ($33.68)
Air Transportation: $72,000 ($19.40)
General Public Buildings: $63,000 ($16.98)
General - Other: $43,000 ($11.59)
Parks & Recreation: $15,000 ($4.04)
- General - Interest on Debt: $109,000 ($29.37)
- Other Capital Outlay - Water Utilities: $140,000 ($37.73)
Regular Highways: $108,000 ($29.10)
Fire Protection: $42,000 ($11.32)
General - Other: $13,000 ($3.50)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $711,000 ($191.59)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
Plymouth government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Air Transportation: $43,000 ($11.59)
- Charges - Sewerage: $458,000 ($123.42)
Solid Waste Management: $281,000 ($75.72)
All Other: $24,000 ($6.47)
- Federal Intergovernmental - Housing & Community Development: $458,000 ($123.42)
All Other: $40,000 ($10.78)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $477,000 ($128.54)
All Other: $20,000 ($5.39)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $88,000 ($23.71)
Interest Earnings: $31,000 ($8.35)
Rents: $10,000 ($2.69)
Property Sale Other: $1,000 ($0.27)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $196,000 ($52.82)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $141,000 ($38.00)
General Support: $128,000 ($34.49)
All Other: $54,000 ($14.55)
- Tax - Property: $657,000 ($177.04)
NEC: $10,000 ($2.69)
Plymouth government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $1,809,000 ($487.47)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $1,713,000 ($461.60)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $95,000 ($25.60)
Plymouth government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $586,000 ($157.91)
3.99% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($26,354 average adjusted gross income)
|North Carolina average:||7.13%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Martin County, NC||0.57% ($23,000 average AGI)|
|from Beaufort County, NC||0.32% ($57,857)|
|from Tyrrell County, NC||0.30% ($20,231)|
5.09% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($28,204 average adjusted gross income)
|North Carolina average:||6.77%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Plymouth:
- WJPI (1470 AM; 5 kW; PLYMOUTH, NC; Owner: FREE TEMPLE MINISTRIES INC..)
- WTAR (850 AM; 50 kW; NORFOLK, VA; Owner: SINCLAIR COMMUNICATIONS)
- WCKO (1110 AM; daytime; 50 kW; NORFOLK, VA; Owner: WORD BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WDLX (930 AM; 5 kW; WASHINGTON, NC; Owner: NM LICENSING, LLC)
- WBTE (990 AM; 1 kW; WINDSOR, NC; Owner: WILLIS BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WPTF (680 AM; 50 kW; RALEIGH, NC; Owner: FIRST STATE COMMUNICATIONS)
- WNCT (1070 AM; 10 kW; GREENVILLE, NC; Owner: WNCT LICENSE LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WIAM (900 AM; 1 kW; WILLIAMSTON, NC; Owner: LIFELINE MINISTRIES, INC)
- WFTK (1030 AM; daytime; 50 kW; WAKE FOREST, NC; Owner: POSITIVE RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- WRVA (1140 AM; 50 kW; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WRJR (670 AM; 20 kW; CLAREMONT, VA; Owner: CHESAPEAKE-PORTSMOUTH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WZBO (1260 AM; 1 kW; EDENTON, NC; Owner: LAWRENCE LOESCH & MARGARET LOESCH)
- WGH (1310 AM; 20 kW; NEWPORT NEWS, VA; Owner: CHESAPEAKE BAY BROADCASTING, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Plymouth:
- WPNC-FM (95.9 FM; PLYMOUTH, NC; Owner: DURLYN BROADCASTING, CO.)
- WCBZ (103.7 FM; WILLIAMSTON, NC; Owner: ABG NORTH CAROLINA, LLC)
- WRSF (105.7 FM; COLUMBIA, NC; Owner: EAST CAROLINA RADIO, INC.)
- WERX-FM (102.5 FM; COLUMBIA, NC; Owner: LAWRENCE LOESCH & MARGARET LOESCH)
- WIAM-FM (98.9 FM; WINDSOR, NC; Owner: LIFELINE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WERO (93.3 FM; WASHINGTON, NC; Owner: NM LICENSING, LLC)
- WNCT-FM (107.9 FM; GREENVILLE, NC; Owner: WNCT LICENSE LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WTRG (100.7 FM; ROCKY MOUNT, NC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WURB (97.7 FM; WINDSOR, NC; Owner: WILLIS BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WKJX (96.7 FM; ELIZABETH CITY, NC; Owner: EAST CAROLINA RADIO OF ELIZABETH CITY, INC.)
- WCZI (98.3 FM; WASHINGTON, NC; Owner: ABG NORTH CAROLINA, LLC)
- WFMZ (104.9 FM; HERTFORD, NC; Owner: MARANATHA BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Plymouth:
- WUND-TV (Channel 2; COLUMBIA, NC; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA)
- WFTB-LP (Channel 55; WILLIAMSTON, ETC., NC; Owner: FREE TEMPLE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WITN-TV (Channel 7; WASHINGTON, NC; Owner: WITN LICENSEE CORP.)
- WNCT-TV (Channel 9; GREENVILLE, NC; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCTI-TV (Channel 12; NEW BERN, NC; Owner: EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 8Number of bridges
- 12m39ftTotal length
- 30,070Total average daily traffic
- 3,109Total average daily truck traffic
- 60,040Total future (year 2025) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Plymouth)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:30 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Plymouth, NC)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:15 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Plymouth)
FAA Registered Aircraft:3
- Aircraft: CESSNA 177B (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 108 mph), Engine: LYCOMING O&VO-360 SER (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 34229 , Serial Number: 17701721, Year manufactured: 1972, Airworthiness Date: 03/21/1972
Registrant (Corporation): Plymouth Flying Club Inc, 899 Airport Rd, Plymouth, NC 27962
- Aircraft: ADVANCED AVIATION XA-350 (Category: Amphibian, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: 2 Cycle
N-Number: 3722S , Serial Number: 2183029
Registrant (Individual): Milton D Westberg, 120 E Water St, Plymouth, NC 27962
Deregistered: Cancel Date: 08/05/2004
- Aircraft: CESSNA 140 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR C85 SERIES (85 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 72823 , Serial Number: 10009, Year manufactured: 1946, Airworthiness Date: 10/29/1955
Registrant (Individual): Dwight M Respess, 4790 Hwy 32 South, Plymouth, NC 27962
Drinking water stations with addresses in Plymouth and their reported violations in the past:PROMISE LAND CHURCH OF CHRIST (Population served: 120, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In JUL-2005, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JUL-28-2005), St Formal NOV issued (JUL-28-2005), St Public Notif received (MAY-09-2006), St Intentional no-action (JUN-11-2010), St Compliance achieved (JUN-18-2010)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 67
- Hazardous Condition: 28
Incident types - Plymouth
|Most common first names in Plymouth, NC among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Plymouth, NC among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (48%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (35%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (8%)
- Utility gas (6%)
- Wood (3%)
|Businesses in Plymouth, NC|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||Lane Furniture||1|
|Dunkin Donuts||3||Pizza Hut||1|
|Holiday Inn||1||U.S. Cellular||2|
Plymouth compared to North Carolina state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- House age significantly above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.