Pocahontas: Old Randolph County Courthouse
Pocahontas: Original Pocahontas Court House
Pocahontas: Old Randolph County Courthouse historic marker
Pocahontas: Ice storm of early 90's...Broadway St.
Pocahontas: Flag at century Park
Pocahontas: Homes on a private lake in Pocahontas.
Pocahontas: Downtown Pocahontas
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||39.2 years|
|Arkansas median age:||38.0 years|
Zip codes: 72455.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $18,670 (it was $15,529 in 2000)
Pocahontas city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $79,871 (it was $54,800 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2016: $560.
Races in Pocahontas, AR (2010)
- 6,26794.8%White alone
- 651.0%Black alone
- 691.0%Two or more races
- 350.5%American Indian alone
- 130.2%Asian alone
- 10.02%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
|A Stranger from craigslist took me on a roadtrip to Arkansas last summer (55 replies)|
|can you tell me about Pocahontas, AR (4 replies)|
|Please no more rain for awhile (30 replies)|
|Thinking of retiring in Salem, northern Ark. (18 replies)|
|Deciding whether or not to more to Harrisburg (9 replies)|
|Is Arkansas considered a Midwestern state? (244 replies)|
Latest news from Pocahontas, AR collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (34.2%), German (16.1%), English (6.4%), European (5.5%), Irish (4.8%), Scottish (1.8%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 01/15/1857
Elevation: 305 feet
Land area: 7.35 square miles.
Population density: 881 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Pocahontas:
- High school or higher: 85.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.4%
- Unemployed: 7.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 20.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Pocahontas city:
- Never married: 23.3%
- Now married: 47.3%
- Separated: 2.9%
- Widowed: 8.8%
- Divorced: 17.8%
124 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Arkansas and other state lists there were 28 registered sex offenders living in Pocahontas, Arkansas as of May 20, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Pocahontas to the number of sex offenders is 233 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $440 (0.6%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $406 (0.5%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Jonesboro, AR (33.9 miles , pop. 55,515).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Memphis, TN (97.2 miles , pop. 650,100).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (408.7 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: College City, AR (3.1 miles ), Biggers, AR (3.2 miles ), O'Kean, AR (3.3 miles ), Maynard, AR (3.4 miles ), Imboden, AR (3.5 miles ), Black Rock, AR (3.6 miles ), Walnut Ridge, AR (3.6 miles ), Portia, AR (3.7 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 26 buildings, average cost: $35,500
- 1998: 26 buildings, average cost: $35,500
- 1999: 28 buildings, average cost: $35,500
- 2000: 25 buildings, average cost: $35,500
- 2001: 26 buildings, average cost: $35,500
- 2002: 29 buildings, average cost: $35,500
- 2003: 31 buildings, average cost: $35,500
- 2004: 36 buildings, average cost: $35,500
- 2005: 88 buildings, average cost: $117,800
- 2006: 6 buildings, average cost: $107,000
- 2007: 8 buildings, average cost: $115,600
- 2008: 5 buildings, average cost: $113,900
- 2009: 9 buildings, average cost: $119,600
- 2010: 6 buildings, average cost: $121,500
- 2011: 8 buildings, average cost: $177,400
- 2012: 8 buildings, average cost: $102,800
- 2013: 5 buildings, average cost: $92,000
- 2014: 4 buildings, average cost: $140,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 36.26 N, Longitude: 90.97 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,032 (+15.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,289 (50.2%)
Area code: 870
|Crime rates in Pocahontas by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 265.2)||86.1||76.0||68.6||60.5||39.7||17.7||292.1||378.5||416.1|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Pocahontas detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.19|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +361 (+5.9%).
- Health care and social assistance (15%)
- Manufacturing (15%)
- Construction (14%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (11%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Transportation and warehousing (9%)
- Other services, except public administration (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (40%)
- Educational services (20%)
- Accommodation and food services (12%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Manufacturing (8%)
- Finance and insurance (4%)
- Other services, except public administration (2%)
- Management occupations (14%)
- Production occupations (13%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (12%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (10%)
- Transportation occupations (8%)
- Personal care and service occupations (6%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (5%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (20%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (19%)
- Healthcare support occupations (12%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (10%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (8%)
- Sales and related occupations (7%)
- Personal care and service occupations (4%)
Average climate in Pocahontas, Arkansas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Pocahontas-area historical tornado activity is near Arkansas state average. It is 95% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 1/21/1999, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 23.6 miles away from the Pocahontas city center caused $1 million in damages.
On 4/2/2006, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 3.0 miles away from the city center injured 47 people and caused $26 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Pocahontas-area historical earthquake activity is near Arkansas state average. It is 72% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 56.5 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 67.3 miles away from Pocahontas center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 101.3 miles away from the city center
On 4/27/1989 at 16:47:49, a magnitude 4.7 (4.6 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.3 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 69.6 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 227.4 miles away from Pocahontas center
On 3/25/1976 at 01:00:11, a magnitude 4.5 (4.1 MB, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 53.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Randolph County (18) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 15
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 11, Storms: 11, Tornadoes: 9, Winds: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Tropical Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Ed Bethune - Arkansas politician, London Lewis Traw - Marine, Robert Bowlin - Country guitarist.
Hospitals and medical centers in Pocahontas:
- FIVE RIVERS MEDICAL CENTER (Government - Local, 2801 MEDICAL CENTER DRIVE)
- FIVE RIVERS MEDICAL CENTER HOME HEALTH (1505 NORTH MARR)
- RANDOLPH COUNTY HEALTH UNIT (1907 OLD COUNTY ROAD)
- POCAHONTAS CONVALESCENT CENTER (105 COUNTRY CLUB ROAD)
- POCAHONTAS HEALTHCARE AND REHABILITATION CENTER (105 COUNTRY CLUB ROAD)
- RANDOLPH COUNTY NURSING HOME (1405 HOSPITAL DRIVE)
Airports and heliports located in Pocahontas:
- Pocahontas Municipal Airport (M70) (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 1,000, Local Ops: 6,000)
- Five Rivers Medical Center Heliport (AR53)
College/University in Pocahontas:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Pocahontas:
- Arkansas State University-Main Campus (about 34 miles; Jonesboro, AR; Full-time enrollment: 12,323)
- Three Rivers Community College (about 47 miles; Poplar Bluff, MO; FT enrollment: 3,360)
- Harding University (about 82 miles; Searcy, AR; FT enrollment: 5,360)
- Dyersburg State Community College (about 90 miles; Dyersburg, TN; FT enrollment: 2,211)
- Southwest Tennessee Community College (about 94 miles; Memphis, TN; FT enrollment: 8,043)
- Rhodes College (about 95 miles; Memphis, TN; FT enrollment: 2,052)
- University of Memphis (about 97 miles; Memphis, TN; FT enrollment: 17,427)
Public high schools in Pocahontas:
Public elementary/middle schools in Pocahontas:
- ALMA SPIKES ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Location: 1707 HIGHLAND, Grades: PK-2)
- M.D. WILLIAMS INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL (Location: 2301 N PARK, Grades: 3-6)
Private elementary/middle school in Pocahontas:
Notable locations in Pocahontas: Pocahontas Convalescent Center (A), Randolph County Courthouse (B), Randolph County Library (C), Pocahontas Volunteer Fire Station 1 (D), Pocahontas Volunteer Fire Station 2 (E), Pocahontas Fire Department Station 3 (F), Pocahontas Police Department (G), Randolph County Sheriff's Office (H), Black River Technical College Police (I), Medic One Ambulance Service - Pocahontas (J). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Centers: Y Shopping Center (1), East Gate Plaza Shopping Center (2), Broadway Shopping Center (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Main business address in Pocahontas: POCAHONTAS BANCORP INC (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Pocahontas include: Saint Pauls Catholic Church (A), Pyburn Street Church of Christ (B), Hope Evangelical Free Church (C), First United Methodist Church (D), First Baptist Church (E), Shannon Baptist Church (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Troy Cemetery (1), Randolph Memorial Gardens (2), Saint Paul Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Old River Slough (A), Baltz Lake (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creeks: Marr Creek (A), Hamil Creek (B), Crooked Creek (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Pocahontas: Alexander Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attractions: Eddie Mae Herron Museum Center (1708 Archer Street), Family Recreation & Arcade (Amusement & Theme Parks; 111 North Marr Street).
Hotels: Days Inn Suites Pocahontas AR (2805 Highway 67 South), Scottish Inn (1501 Highway 67 North), Best Townhouse Motel (1710 Highway 67 South), Scottish Inns (1543 Highway 67 North), Cottonwood Inn (2203 Highway 67 South).
Courts: Pocahontas City - District Court Clerk (1510 Pace Road), Arkansas State - Child Support Enforcement Unit- 3rd Judicial District (101 East Broadway Street).
(16.7% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 42.9% for Black residents, 28.4% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 40.0% for American Indian residents, 70.0% for other race residents)
|This city:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
People in group quarters in Pocahontas in 2010:
- 197 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 32 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 10 people in group homes intended for adults
People in group quarters in Pocahontas in 2000:
- 234 people in nursing homes
- 13 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 10 people in other nonhousehold living situations
Banks with branches in Pocahontas (2011 data):
- First National Bank & Trust Company: Pocahontas Main Branch at 1 Bank Plaza, branch established on 2004/08/20; East Pocahontas Branch at 1608 U S Highway 67 South, branch established on 1994/08/15. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $388.4 mil, Deposits: $321.7 mil, headquarters in Mountain Home, AR, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 8 total offices, Holding Company: Mountain Home Bancshares, Inc.
- Iberiabank: First Community Pocahontas Branch at 205 Rice Street, branch established on 1962/08/10; Highway 67 Branch at 1415 Highway 67 S., branch established on 1998/10/13. Info updated 2011/06/08: Bank assets: $11,676.7 mil, Deposits: $9,387.9 mil, headquarters in Lafayette, LA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 187 total offices, Holding Company: Iberiabank Corporation
- Corning Savings and Loan Association: Corning Branch at Old County Road, branch established on 2007/11/01. Info updated 2011/07/21: Bank assets: $39.9 mil, Deposits: $34.6 mil, headquarters in Corning, AR, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 2 total offices
- The First National Bank of Lawrence County at Walnut Ridge: Pocahontas Branch at 901 Hwy 62, branch established on 2002/07/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $186.9 mil, Deposits: $166.4 mil, headquarters in Walnut Ridge, AR, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: First National Capital Corporation
- BancorpSouth Bank: Pocahontas Branch at 1411 Highway 67 South, branch established on 2003/01/22. Info updated 2007/07/18: Bank assets: $12,990.3 mil, Deposits: $10,863.8 mil, headquarters in Tupelo, MS, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 271 total offices, Holding Company: Bancorpsouth, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Pocahontas city (based on Randolph County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Randolph County:||2.21 / 10,000 pop.|
|Arkansas:||2.02 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|Randolph County:||1.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Arkansas:||0.59 / 10,000 pop.|
|Randolph County:||6.09 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.94 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.54 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.66 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Pocahontas, AR Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||11||$21,073||$22,989||0||$0|
|Judicial and Legal||1||$3,404||$40,848||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||17||$42,696||$30,138||4||$1,739|
|Police - Other||1||$2,504||$30,048||0||$0|
|Fire - Other||1||$3,404||$40,848||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||12||$24,289||$24,289||4||$1,739|
|Solid Waste Management||8||$13,961||$20,942||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||9||$15,603||$20,804||1||$1,842|
|Other and Unallocable||1||$2,327||$27,924||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||92||$204,878||$26,723||14||$9,265|
5.86% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($27,565 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Lawrence County, AR||1.27% ($24,167 average AGI)|
|from Craighead County, AR||0.60% ($30,412)|
|from Greene County, AR||0.49% ($36,357)|
5.81% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($26,418 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Pocahontas:
- KPOC (1420 AM; 1 kW; POCAHONTAS, AR; Owner: COMBINED MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WCRV (640 AM; 50 kW; COLLIERVILLE, TN; Owner: BOTT BROADCASTING COMPANY/TENNESSEE)
- WDIA (1070 AM; 50 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WGSF (1030 AM; 50 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: FLINN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KOTC (830 AM; daytime; 10 kW; KENNETT, MO; Owner: EAGLE BLUFF ENTERPRISES)
- KRLW (1320 AM; 1 kW; WALNUT RIDGE, AR; Owner: COMBINED MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WMQM (1600 AM; 50 kW; LAKELAND, TN; Owner: WMQM, INC.)
- KGHT (880 AM; 50 kW; SHERIDAN, AR; Owner: METROPOLITAN RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KDFN (1500 AM; daytime; 3 kW; DONIPHAN, MO; Owner: EAGLE BLUFF ENTERPRISES)
- KAAY (1090 AM; 50 kW; LITTLE ROCK, AR; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KWOC (930 AM; 5 kW; POPLAR BLUFF, MO; Owner: ZIMMER RADIO OF MID-MISSOURI, INC)
- WJCE (680 AM; 10 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: ENTERCOM MEMPHIS LICENSE, LLC)
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Pocahontas:
- KPOC-FM (103.9 FM; POCAHONTAS, AR; Owner: COMBINED MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- K211BX (90.1 FM; POCAHONTAS, AR; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- KIYS (101.9 FM; JONESBORO, AR; Owner: ,CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KBKG (93.5 FM; CORNING, AR; Owner: SHIELDS-ADKINS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KASU (91.9 FM; JONESBORO, AR; Owner: ARKANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY)
- KFIN (107.9 FM; JONESBORO, AR; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KJLV (105.3 FM; HOXIE, AR; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KOEA (97.5 FM; DONIPHAN, MO; Owner: EAGLE BLUFF ENTERPRISES)
- WJZN (98.9 FM; MUNFORD, TN; Owner: MEMPHIS III LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KAMS (95.1 FM; MAMMOTH SPRING, AR; Owner: OZARK RADIO NETWORK, INC.)
- KDEZ (100.5 FM; JONESBORO, AR; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF ARKANSAS, LLC)
- KRLW-FM (106.3 FM; WALNUT RIDGE, AR; Owner: COMBINED MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- KDRS-FM (107.1 FM; PARAGOULD, AR; Owner: MOR MEDIA, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Pocahontas:
- KAIT (Channel 8; JONESBORO, AR; Owner: LIBCO, INC.)
- K46EM (Channel 46; BATESVILLE, AR; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- KTEJ (Channel 19; JONESBORO, AR; Owner: ARKANSAS EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION COMMISSION)
- K54ER (Channel 54; JONESBORO, AR; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 14Number of bridges
- 48m157ftTotal length
- $4,133,000Total costs
- 62,995Total average daily traffic
- 4,026Total average daily truck traffic
- 74,648Total future (year 2007) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Pocahontas)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:67 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Pocahontas, AR)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:12 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:3
- STATION, Cooley Hill Hwy 90 7.4 Mi Nw Of Hwy 115 (Lat: 36.347556 Lon: -91.048444), Overall height: 94.2 m, Call Sign: WNEQ928
Assigned Frequencies: 2183.20 MHzGrant Date: 03/14/2002, Expiration Date: 06/04/2012, Cancellation Date: 06/24/2008Registrant: Department Of Information Systems, #1 Capitol Mall, Little Rock, AR 72203, Phone: (501) 683-1615, Fax: (501) 682-4310, Email:
- COOLEY HILL, Hwy 90 7.4 Mi Nw Hwy 115 (Lat: 36.347389 Lon: -91.048306), Type: Tower, Structure height: 91.4 m, Overall height: 96 m, Call Sign: WQBJ210
Assigned Frequencies: 6645.62 MHzGrant Date: 09/04/2014, Expiration Date: 10/18/2024, Certifier: Dale SaffoldRegistrant: Department Of Information Systems, One Capital Mall, Little Rock, AR 72203, Phone: (501) 683-1798, Fax: (501) 682-4310, Email:
- POCAHONTAS, 5763 Us 62 (Lat: 36.249389 Lon: -91.054722), Type: Gtower, Structure height: 52 m, Call Sign: WQXD968
Assigned Frequencies: 928.831 MHz, 952.831 MHzGrant Date: 02/09/2016, Expiration Date: 02/09/2026, Certifier: Steve PaquetteRegistrant: Entergy Services, Inc., 425 West Capitol Ave, A-Tcby-20a, Little Rock, AR 72203-0551, Phone: (501) 377-3608, Email:
FCC Registered Paging Towers:2
- Sand Hill, Approx, 1/2 Miles Nnw Of Pocahontas (Lat: 36.280611 Lon: -90.988722), Call Sign: KNKC270, Licensee ID: L00129144
Assigned Frequencies: 454.200 MHzGrant Date: 05/24/1999, Expiration Date: 04/01/2009, Cancellation Date: 05/23/2009Registrant: Comotel Inc., 3508 E. Highland Drive, Jonesboro, AR 72401, Phone: (870) 972-1000
- .5 Miles Ne Of State Highway 90 (Lat: 36.307000 Lon: -91.020389), Type: Tower, Structure height: 146 m, Overall height: 152.1 m, Call Sign: WRV961
Assigned Frequencies: 152.240 MHzGrant Date: 04/28/2009, Expiration Date: 04/01/2019, Certifier: Sanford L GreenRegistrant: Critical Alert Systems, 1011 East 2nd St, Tyler, TX 75701, Phone: (501) 492-3752, Fax: (903) 595-8844, Email:
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers:1
- Pocahontas Municipal Airport Nick Wilson Field (Lat: 36.244222 Lon: -90.949833), Overall height: 14 m, Call Sign: KGH2
Assigned Frequencies: 122.800 MHzGrant Date: 01/23/2008, Expiration Date: 12/30/2017Registrant: City Of Pocahontas, 410 N. Marr, Pocahontas, AR 72455, Phone: (870) 892-9661, Fax: (870) 892-4284, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:50 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Pocahontas)
FAA Registered Aircraft Manufacturers and Dealers:6 (See the full list of FAA Registered Manufacturers and Dealers in Pocahontas)
FAA Registered Aircraft:27 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Pocahontas that have no violations reported:
- NEAPWA (Population served: 25, Primary Water Source Type: Surface water)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 116
- Hazardous Condition: 32
- Good Intent Call: 8
Incident types - Pocahontas
|Most common first names in Pocahontas, AR among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Pocahontas, AR among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (67%)
- Electricity (25%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (4%)
- Wood (3%)
|Businesses in Pocahontas, AR|
|Ace Hardware||1||Pizza Hut||1|
|Days Inn||1||True Value||1|
Pocahontas compared to Arkansas state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
Pocahontas on our top lists:
- #12 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the lowest number of thefts per 100,000 residents (population 5,000+)"
- #13 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the smallest city-data.com crime index per police officer (population 5,000+)"
- #17 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest city-data.com crime index decrease from 2011 to 2012 (population 5,000+)"
- #18 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the lowest city-data.com crime index (population 5,000+)"
- #21 on the list of "Top 100 safest cities (lowest city-data.com crime index) (pop. 5,000+)"
- #22 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the lowest number of burglaries per 100,000 residents (population 5,000+)"
- #79 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Healthcare support occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #82 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Production occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #88 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the lowest number of robberies per 100,000 residents (population 5,000+)"
- #93 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the lowest number of auto thefts per 100,000 residents (population 5,000+)"
- #82 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for 3rd party candidates in the 2012 Presidential Election"
Total of 2 patent applications in 2008-2018.