We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||34.6 years|
|Texas median age:||32.3 years|
Zip code: 75904
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $19,881 (it was $15,347 in 2000)
Pollok CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $77,454 (it was $49,000 in 2000)
Races in Pollok, TX (2000)
- 8,11488.3%White alone
- 2843.1%Black alone
- 630.7%Two or more races
- 200.2%American Indian alone
- 140.2%Asian alone
- 60.07%Other race alone
- 50.05%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 305 feet
Land area: 160.1 square miles.
Population density: 59 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Pollok:
- High school or higher: 71.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.6%
- Unemployed: 5.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 22.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Pollok CCD:
- Never married: 20.4%
- Now married: 65.7%
- Separated: 1.9%
- Widowed: 4.1%
- Divorced: 9.8%
According to our research of Texas and other state lists there were 7 registered sex offenders living in Pollok, Texas as of November 28, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Pollok to the number of sex offenders is 1,351 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is a lot smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Pollok CCD:||1.4% ($682)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Tyler, TX (70.3 miles , pop. 83,650).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Southeast Montgomery, TX (86.8 miles , pop. 208,076).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Houston, TX (117.1 miles , pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: Hudson, TX (2.3 miles ), Lufkin, TX (2.8 miles ), Wells, TX (2.9 miles ), Burke, TX (3.5 miles ), Diboll, TX (3.8 miles ), Kennard-Ratcliff, TX (4.3 miles ), Huntington, TX (4.3 miles ), Nacogdoches, TX (4.4 miles ).
Latitude: 31.39 N, Longitude: 94.85 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 936
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (15%)
- Paper (6%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Truck transportation (6%)
- Metal and metal products (6%)
- Food and beverage stores (5%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (5%)
- Educational services (26%)
- Health care (17%)
- Finance and insurance (7%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (7%)
- Social assistance (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Food and beverage stores (4%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (13%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (10%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (9%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (5%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (4%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (4%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (8%)
- Cashiers (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (5%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (5%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (5%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (4%)
Average climate in Pollok, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Pollok-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Texas state average. It is 54% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 1/19/1990, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 3.2 miles away from the Pollok place center injured 2 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 3/20/1974, a category F3 tornado 3.5 miles away from the place center .
Earthquake activity:Pollok-area historical earthquake activity is below Texas state average. It is 82% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 364.1 miles away from the city center
On 2/10/2006 at 04:14:22, a magnitude 5.3 (4.2 MB, 5.3 MS, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 372.3 miles away from Pollok center
On 9/6/1997 at 23:38:00, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 243.9 miles away from the city center
On 1/21/1982 at 00:33:54, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 302.6 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/2001 at 06:42:12, a magnitude 4.7 (4.2 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 305.1 miles away from Pollok center
On 4/9/1993 at 12:29:19, a magnitude 4.3 (4.1 MB, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 265.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Angelina County (13) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 6
Emergencies Declared: 7
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 6, Floods: 4, Storms: 4, Fires: 2, Tornadoes: 2, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Pollok:
- ANGELINA HOME HEALTH (Home Health Center, about 6 miles away; LUFKIN, TX)
- LUFKIN NURSING CENTER (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; LUFKIN, TX)
- COOPER COMMUNITY HOME (Hospital, about 7 miles away; LUFKIN, TX)
- ANGELINA NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; LUFKIN, TX)
- THE GRACE CARE CENTER LUFKIN (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; LUFKIN, TX)
- CASTLE PINES HEALTH AND REHABILITATION (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; LUFKIN, TX)
- WOODLAND HEIGHTS MEDICAL CENTER Acute Care Hospitals (about 8 miles away; LUFKIN, TX)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Pollok:
- Angelina College (about 11 miles; Lufkin, TX; Full-time enrollment: 3,478)
- Stephen F Austin State University (about 21 miles; Nacogdoches, TX; FT enrollment: 11,542)
- Sam Houston State University (about 63 miles; Huntsville, TX; FT enrollment: 16,233)
- The University of Texas at Tyler (about 68 miles; Tyler, TX; FT enrollment: 5,774)
- Kilgore College (about 69 miles; Kilgore, TX; FT enrollment: 3,127)
- Tyler Junior College (about 71 miles; Tyler, TX; FT enrollment: 8,104)
- LeTourneau University (about 75 miles; Longview, TX; FT enrollment: 2,357)
Public high school in Pollok:
- Central High School (Students: 462; Location: 7622 US HWY 69 N; Grades: 9-12; Our rating: 46)
Public elementary/middle schools in Pollok:
Notable locations in Pollok: Pine Island Club (A), Eason Lake Club (B), Pine Island Club (C), Pine Ridge Club (D), Angelina Club (E), Eason Lake CLub (F), Pine Ridge Club (G), Angelina CLub (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Pollok include: Bodan Church (A), Bethlehem Church (B), Bodan Church (C), Little Dunn Church (D), New Hope Church (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: McCarty Cemetery (1), Dubose Cemetery (2), Gann Cemetery (3), Rowan Cemetery (4), Simpson Cemetery (5), Largent Cemetery (6), Sandlot Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Dry Lake (A), Walker Lake (B), Blackburn Lake (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Cochino Bayon (A), Cedar Creek (B), Procella Creek (C), Levi Dunn Branch (D), Largent Creek (E), Kurkindoll Creek (F), Dan Branch (G), Conner Spring Branch (H), Big Spring Branch (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Drinking water stations with addresses in Pollok and their reported violations in the past:CENTRAL WCID OF ANGELINA COUNTY (Population served: 6,645, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Average - Between OCT-2013 and DEC-2013, Contaminant: Asbestos
- MCL, Average - Between JUL-2013 and SEP-2013, Contaminant: Asbestos. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (MAR-31-2014), St Violation/Reminder Notice (MAR-31-2014), St Formal NOV issued (APR-11-2014), St Public Notif received (JUL-03-2014)
- MCL, Average - Between APR-2013 and JUN-2013, Contaminant: Asbestos. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (MAR-31-2014), St Violation/Reminder Notice (MAR-31-2014), St Formal NOV issued (APR-11-2014), St Public Notif received (JUL-03-2014)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In JUL-2010, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (JUL-31-2010), St Public Notif requested (AUG-18-2010), St Violation/Reminder Notice (AUG-18-2010), St Public Notif received (JUL-20-2011)
- Follow-up Or Routine LCR Tap M/R - In OCT-01-2010, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (NOV-06-2013)
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between JUL-2010 and SEP-2010, Contaminant: Chlorine. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (MAR-31-2014)
|This place:||2.8 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
418 people in schools, hospitals, or wards for the mentally retarded in 2000
42 people in homes for the mentally retarded in 2000
Pollok compared to Texas state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (58%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (20%)
- Utility gas (17%)
- Wood (4%)
- No fuel used (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Pollok CCD (based on Angelina County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Angelina County:||1.21 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Angelina County:||0.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Angelina County:||4.72 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||4.48 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
5.58% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,766 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Nacogdoches County, TX||0.64% ($37,286 average AGI)|
|from Harris County, TX||0.43% ($48,065)|
|from Polk County, TX||0.31% ($24,886)|
5.53% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($33,920 average adjusted gross income)
0.06% of residents moved to foreign countries ($221 average AGI)
Angelina County: 0.06% Texas average: 0.10%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Pollok:
- KSML (1260 AM; 5 kW; DIBOLL, TX; Owner: KASA FAMILY LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KRBA (1340 AM; 1 kW; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: KASA FAMILY LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KTRH (740 AM; 50 kW; HOUSTON, TX; Owner: AMFM TEXAS LICENSES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KEEL (710 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KSFA (860 AM; 1 kW; NACOGDOCHES, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KGOL (1180 AM; 50 kW; HUMBLE, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KWKH (1130 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KEEE (1230 AM; 1 kW; NACOGDOCHES, TX; Owner: TRICOM BROADCASTING, INC)
- WBAP (820 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KSEV (700 AM; 15 kW; TOMBALL, TX; Owner: LIBERMAN BROADCASTING OF HOUSTON LICENSE CORP.)
- KFXR (1190 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KRLD (1080 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TEXAS INFINITY BROADCASTING L.P.)
- KOFY (1060 AM; daytime; 10 kW; GILMER, TX; Owner: JERRY RUSSELL D/B/A THE RUSSELL COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Pollok:
- KJCS (103.3 FM; NACOGDOCHES, TX; Owner: RADIO LICENSING, INC.)
- KAFX-FM (95.5 FM; DIBOLL, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KUEZ (100.1 FM; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: KASA FAMILY LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KLDN (88.9 FM; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: BOARD OF SUPERVISORS LA. STATE UNIV.)
- KLSN (96.3 FM; HUDSON, TX; Owner: LONE STAR NETWOK)
- KYKS (105.1 FM; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KSWP (90.9 FM; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: LUFKIN EDUCATIONAL B/CNG FOUNDATION)
- KAVX (91.9 FM; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: LUFKIN ED BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- KYBI (101.9 FM; HUNTINGTON, TX; Owner: VERNA R. PHILLIPS)
- K201CV (88.1 FM; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.,)
- KVLL-FM (94.7 FM; WELLS, TX; Owner: RADIO WOODVILLE, INC.)
- KSAU (90.1 FM; NACOGDOCHES, TX; Owner: STEPHEN F. AUSTIN STATE UNIVERSITY)
- KTHT (97.1 FM; CLEVELAND, TX; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KTBQ (107.7 FM; NACOGDOCHES, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KOOI (106.5 FM; JACKSONVILLE, TX; Owner: WALLER BROADCASTING, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Pollok:
- KTRE (Channel 9; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: CIVCO, INC.)
- KFXL-LP (Channel 58; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: WARWICK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KLUF-LP (Channel 5; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- KIBN-LP (Channel 11; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- KLNM-LP (Channel 42; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: MILLENIUM COMMUNICATIONS)
- KHTM-LP (Channel 13; LUFKIN, TX; Owner: INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- KLSB-TV (Channel 19; NACOGDOCHES, TX; Owner: KLSB ACQUISITION CORP.)
- KNCD-LP (Channel 2; NACOGDOCHES, TX; Owner: INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- KETK-TV (Channel 56; JACKSONVILLE, TX; Owner: KETK LICENSEE L.P.)
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Pollok)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:14 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers:1
- Lat: 31.419444 Lon: -94.801111, Call Sign: WQNG243
Assigned Frequencies: 494.000 MHz, 614.000 MHz, 470.000 MHz, 488.000 MHz
Grant Date: 01/26/2011, Expiration Date: 08/01/2014, Certifier: Rebecca S Bryan
Registrant: Covington & Burling LLP, 1201 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC 20004, Phone: (202) 662-5345, Fax: (202) 778-5345, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:2
- US 69 FM 843, 430 O'Quinn Road (Lat: 31.433889 Lon: -94.817722), Type: Gtower, Structure height: 161.5 m, Overall height: 194.8 m, Call Sign: WQQN949
Assigned Frequencies: 10735.0 MHz
Grant Date: 02/05/2013, Expiration Date: 02/05/2023, Certifier: John E Monday
Registrant: At&t Mobility LLC, 2200 N. Greenville Ave, 1w, Richardson, TX 75082, Phone: (972) 234-7003, Fax: (972) 301-6893, Email:
- OFF OF FM2021, Off Of Fm 2021 In The Flower Mt Area (Lufkin 4 #90310) (Lat: 31.408306 Lon: -94.764667), Type: Tower, Structure height: 183.8 m, Overall height: 191.4 m, Call Sign: WLP242
Assigned Frequencies: 949.000 MHz
Grant Date: 12/11/1989, Expiration Date: 08/01/2013, Cancellation Date: 08/18/2010
Registrant: Gap Broadcasting, LLC, 12900 Preston Road, Suite 525, Dallas, TX 75230, Phone: (214) 295-3533, Fax: (972) 386-4445, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:14 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Pollok)
FAA Registered Aircraft:1
- Aircraft: BARNES BRYAN T BMAX1100 (Category: Land, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: 2 Cycle
N-Number: 7529Y , Serial Number: 001
Registrant (Individual): Bryan T Barnes, 7975 N Us Highway 69, Pollok, TX 75969
Deregistered: Cancel Date: 04/20/2004, Exported to: New Zealand
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 4
Pollok on our top lists:
- #26 on the list of "Top 100 cities with lowest ratio of median house value to median household income (pop. 5,000+)"
- #52 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of children under 18 without health insurance coverage in 2000 (pop. 50,000+)"
- #88 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of people without health insurance coverage in 2000 (pop. 50,000+)"
Total of 2 patent applications in 2008-2015.